Dancing with the Stars...on ABC...in HD! - Page 187 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5581 of 5587 Old 10-14-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 28
The last time there was a Switch-Up week, didn't Ballas and Hough trade partners then as well, and didn't Chmerkovskiy also do a two-on-two trade (though with his brother rather than with Chigvintsev)?  And didn't the male contestands and the female pros do a complete rotation, as they did this time?

I've not been fond of the make-a-couple-dance-for-nothing system of this cycle and the last one, but at least this time there will be no elimination based solely on Switch-Up week and thus no incentive for a pro to try undermining another's chances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5582 of 5587 Old 10-14-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 211
I see the switch-up much like a Sadie Hawkins dance. It's a nice change of pace although its success is more based on the choreography than partners. I do think it didn't realize its full potential because it was hard to compare to the rest of the season since the dance styles were so different. It was almost finals' Freestyle.
post #5583 of 5587 Old 10-15-2014, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Its not "Ballroom dancing with the stars" its "Dancing with the stars".
post #5584 of 5587 Old 10-18-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Why is this the only show that gives me pixelation problems? No other shows on the same network have this problem. Uverse.
I was looking for something on this, and surprised to see so little.

I have a problem with portions of the show heavy with strobe lighting. Is that just a common problem or do I need to look at my system?

Last edited by Karyk; 10-18-2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: spelling
post #5585 of 5587 Old 10-18-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 90
ABC is notorious for bitstarving it's HD signal. In my market ABC HD is basically the bitrate of a commercial 480i DVD, DWTS looks like crap with most any motion or especially strobe lights I like the show so I continue to watch but it's picture quality is very poor under demanding conditions, it's not your equipment it's ABC HD
post #5586 of 5587 Old Yesterday, 05:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 21
DWTS (and ABC programming) looks fine here. I think your problem is your local affiliate. (KSTP?) My problem here is the NBC afflliate. They can't even do a fade in or out without major macro blocking. A commercial DVD has better PQ than WSLS.

How many subchannels does KSTP have?
post #5587 of 5587 Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-N2 View Post
DWTS (and ABC programming) looks fine here. I think your problem is your local affiliate. (KSTP?) My problem here is the NBC afflliate. They can't even do a fade in or out without major macro blocking. A commercial DVD has better PQ than WSLS.

How many subchannels does KSTP have?
Yes basically the total blame lies within my local ABC HD affiliate(yes KSTP), I'm sure DWTS with mostly full bandwidth looks wonderful. In my market it's not necessarily the sub channels(which KSTP has several) but the large amount of bandwidth allocated to MDTV although I've read on these forums it's not just my local ABC HD channel, many other ABC affiliates(and other networks as well) suffer from a bitstarved signal(I know Philadelphia's ABC HD is similar). While I really prefer 1080i, 720p does have an advantage of looking decent with a minimal amount of bandwidth, too bad stations like KSTP go above and well beyond that
I feel for you on your local NBC station, in my market KARE(NBC) only has one Wx sub channel and for the most part looks great, only bettered by full bandwidth WCCO(CBS).
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page