Dancing with the Stars...on ABC...in HD! - Page 190 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #5671 of 5679 Unread 03-24-2015, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I was relieved that Charlotte McKinney wasn't eliminated, more for Keo Motsepe's sake than hers: it would have been really awful to the first pro out in both of his first and second seasons.  McKinney may have the most dislikers among this season's contestants, but apparently she doesn't have the fewest likers.

The announcer's voice seems to be present only in the prerecorded names of the judges.  What will they do if there's a guest judge?  Well, the upside is that without him only Len Goodman will be uttering "Odjentighn tango" and with Karina Smirnoff not dancing this season even he won't be calling her "Smunnoff."

Final nit: "Working My Way Back to You" is not Motown!  When the Four Seasons recorded it for Philips they weren't even thinking yet about changing labels to MoWest, and when the Spinners recorded it for Atlantic they had long separated from Motown.  Redfoo's father would know.  (In all fairness, only Goodman called it Motown; Bruno Tonioli referred to "Motown style.")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5672 of 5679 Unread 03-25-2015, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 79
A bit off-topic, but, for me, necessary.

Did Jimmy Kimmel make his prediction for who wins for season 20? He was in Austin, TX last week for SXSW and no mention of it. He's back in LA, but on Monday's show, again, no mention. It's possible he did it in the middle of the show somewhere, but I doubt it.

Because he's been so good at it (he's correctly predicted the DWTS winner eight times and all but two of his picks made the finals), he jokingly refers to himself as 'Nostradancemus'. I doubt he would give it up without saying something.

If anybody did see it, please post here in the thread who he picked. Thanks.
post #5673 of 5679 Unread 03-25-2015, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I predict Rumor Willis to win

But I'm no Jimmy Kimmel
post #5674 of 5679 Unread 03-25-2015, 01:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I did some searching but only found old articles from previous Jimmy Kimmel predictions not sure whats up with that....
post #5675 of 5679 Unread Yesterday, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hello, a belated BUMP post for this week. It's Latin night, which means skimpy costumes galore.

No, I haven't seen or heard anything about Jimmy Kimmel's pick for season 20. I'm starting to think he didn't make one, so I'm going to let it drop.
post #5676 of 5679 Unread Yesterday, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here's an article on emotion and how it's related to DWTS. You can click the link or go to message #49 in the *NEW* HOTP thread for the full text. FYI, it's the *NEW* thread, which has been made a 'sticky' at the top of the forums listing, just like the old one.

Link to article: http://www.tvworthwatching.com/post/...h-Emotion.aspx
post #5677 of 5679 Unread Today, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hi everyone, a belated recap (late wake-up, I got the day off today).

Latin night was sparkly and full of good dancing and bad dancing as well.

Suzanne (at age 68) still has some moves to her.

Riker&Allison (a surprisingly good couple) and Nastia&Derek lead with 34 points, Charlotte&Keo and Patti&Tony trail with 22.

The three couples listed in Jeopardy were: Charlotte&Keo, Chris&Witney and Noah&Sharna. Noah&Sharna were declared safe.

And exiting the show: Charlotte&Keo. (I think Charlotte was clearly headed out sooner or later - the video package showed her constantly checking e-mail instead of practicing).

Remember votes and scores used for elimination purposes are those from last week (Chris&Witney were in last place last week with 21 points, 5 points behind Charlotte&Keo).

Last edited by humdinger70; Today at 08:26 PM. Reason: Fixed last place and second-to-last place couples.
post #5678 of 5679 Unread Today, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Please let that stupid Chris be next. is fifteen minutes were up fourteen minutes ago.
post #5679 of 5679 Unread Today, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 95
For the first time since season one, I actually changed channels about halfway through the show last night. This cast just isn't doing anything for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming