Dancing with the Stars...on ABC...in HD! - Page 191 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #5701 of 5718 Unread 04-23-2015, 12:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post
I don't happen to agree.
I tend to agree with them. If she lived the dance she would be my winner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 5718 Unread 04-23-2015, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 208
So who is everyone's favorite/prediction to win? I haven't really kept up with this season and all of the teams, but Rumer and Val seem to be frontrunners. She's not classically beautiful, but there's something about her that draws my attention.
post #5703 of 5718 Unread 04-24-2015, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Just to let you know that the Tuesday shows start this coming Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 8:00 PM.

This first Tuesday show may or may not be have results in it as it's scheduled to be a 10th anniversary (10 calendar years, not 10 seasons) celebration of the show, with past performers (pro and/or celebrities) returning.
post #5704 of 5718 Unread 04-27-2015, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Weekly BUMP for tonight's and tomorrow's shows. Celebration of the show's ten year anniversary this week.
post #5705 of 5718 Unread 04-27-2015, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Also, there are two eliminations this week, #1 and #2 .
post #5706 of 5718 Unread 04-27-2015, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes, I did not mention the double elimination. Also some info I just noticed. The seven couples dancing to music and costuming of different eras. The highest scoring couple gets immunity from elimination. The remaining six will perform in a dance-off to gain extra points and hopefully stave off elimination.

I'm guessing that Tuesday night's show will be a pure anniversary show. Good luck guessing on who returns.
post #5707 of 5718 Unread 04-28-2015, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I wonder what the voters didn't like about Willow. It's a shame.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #5708 of 5718 Unread 04-28-2015, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Recap from last night's show.

Tom announced that due to intervention by ABC, the double elimination has been put off until next week.

Show theme was 'Eras' - where the themes and dance styles reflected time - from the 1920s though today and into tomorrow. Top judges scores in the first round gained immunity (could not be eliminated) and didn't have to perform in the dance-off.

Riker&Allison set the bar high early with 37 for their 1920s quickstep. Finally earned a 10 from Len. Stayed that way until Nastia&Sasha earned 38 for their modern Charleston and wound up gaining immunity. I said Sasha because Derek fractured his foot during prep for Tuesday's anniversary show, so he couldn't dance. However Derek did appear during the dance routine as a background dancer (and singer with guest Andy Grammar).

For the dance-off, highest scoring couple remaining picked the couple to dance against. The picked couple chose the dance style from Salsa, Cha Cha and Foxtrot. Both would dance to the same music. Judges would pick the couple who did the best in their chosen style - in case of a tie, Len's vote would determine the winner (who got 2 points added to the judge's scores).

1st - Willow&Mark vs. Riker&Allison in Salsa. Winner - Willow&Mark (unanimous)

2nd - Noah&Sharna vs. Robert&Kym in Cha-Cha. Winner - Noah&Sharna (split vote, Len voted for Noah&Sharna, so his vote gave them the win)

3rd - Rumer&Val vs. Chris&Witney in Foxtrot. Winner - Rumer&Val (unanimous)

Time for eliminations - named safe were: Riker&Allison, Robert&Kym (surprise!), Chris&Witney and Noah&Sharna. Which meant that a high scoring couple would leave.

Eliminated were:

Willow&Mark (at this point in the competition, audience vote is more important). Maybe the 'Vote for the Worst' crowd is at it again.

Next week is America's choice - America has chosen dance style, music, costuming. And the double elimination (going from 6 to 4). I think Robert&Kym will finally be eliminated. Then again, maybe not.
post #5709 of 5718 Unread 04-28-2015, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Oh man!

Kelly Monaco is still my all time favorite.

She's gorgeous and what a tight sexy body. Cute butt too!
post #5710 of 5718 Unread 04-29-2015, 05:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 124
LOTS of great numbers last night, reminded me how much I missed the results show. In fact I think I'll have to watch it again to make sure I didn't miss anything, so many of the scenes were so brief, especially of the various audience members/alumni.
Favorite dance of the night......I'd have to agree with wblynch, WOW! Kelly M, she's still got it Hard to believe it's been 10 years since she won, how the time flies.
post #5711 of 5718 Unread 04-29-2015, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
Oh man!

Kelly Monaco is still my all time favorite.

She's gorgeous and what a tight sexy body. Cute butt too!
Yes, but you can't unsee Val stripped down to his briefs. And he kept his shoes on in that puddle!
post #5712 of 5718 Unread 04-29-2015, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It was also great to see Katherine Jenkins again. She looks amazing and still gorgeous. Even at four months pregnant!

I wonder how many past celebrities had to turn down (or were turned down) appearing on the special. I wish it had been longer than just one hour.
post #5713 of 5718 Unread 04-29-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post
It was also great to see Katherine Jenkins again. She looks amazing and still gorgeous. Even at four months pregnant!
++. She is one of the most stunning women to ever appear on the show and should have won her season IMHO.

All in all, the show was a lot of fun. It was great to see Anna and Louis back as well as so many others. The group number with the ladies, especially when they went to the red dresses was excellent. Kristi Yamaguchi has still got it. I was looking forward to see Meryl and Maks again although I wish that the dance choice was different. The NFL players looked pretty good doing their Paso and the entire group, including Tom and Erin, on the floor dancing was a nice touch. It was a very entertaining show.
post #5714 of 5718 Unread 04-29-2015, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I really missed Edyta. My wife thought she had heard something about her possibly going to be on another dancing type of show, on another network and maybe thats why she was absent last night.....either way she was missed. Agree with others about Katherine Jenkins, breathtakingly beautiful and still an excellent dancer. I wonder just how much time some of the returning alum spent practicing for the night, some seemed even better than I remember the first time.
post #5715 of 5718 Unread 04-29-2015, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post
I really missed Edyta. My wife thought she had heard something about her possibly going to be on another dancing type of show, on another network and maybe thats why she was absent last night.....either way she was missed. Agree with others about Katherine Jenkins, breathtakingly beautiful and still an excellent dancer. I wonder just how much time some of the returning alum spent practicing for the night, some seemed even better than I remember the first time.
You're referring to Cheryl Burke, who's supposed to do something like this on NBC.
post #5716 of 5718 Unread 05-03-2015, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 97
I went to YouTube to get a look at Katherine Jenkins' performances that season. My God, she had to be one of the most beautiful women in the world and a great dancer. Her routines with Mark Ballas were just outstanding and her footwork was wonderful.
humdinger70 and jjeff like this.
post #5717 of 5718 Unread Yesterday, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Weekly BUMP for tonight's performance show. America's choice.

Yes, performance show. The results will now be revealed on Tuesday nights at 8 PM for the rest of the season.

And yes, Tuesday night will have the double elimination.
post #5718 of 5718 Unread Today, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

A belated recap of Monday's performance show.

Two dances - America's choice (music, costuming, dance style, theme, etc.) and trio dance (couple choose a pro dancer to add for doing a trio performance).

Some of the dances were very high energy, but grumpy old Len was not amused by most of the antics. He was the only one not to give a 10. Until Rumer&Val came along. They did a simple but effective rumba. Exciting enough to please the other judges and the audience, enough good proper technique to keep Len happy. Result - Rumer&Val scored the first perfect 40 score of the season.

Next was trio dances, varying from tango to contemporary to jazz to paso doble. Nastia kept Sasha as her partner, but her regular partner Derek was able to be the third partner in their jazz routine. And also scored a perfect 40.

But once again, Rumer&Val (and third member Artem) stole the show with their paso doble, which also scored a perfect 40.

So the judges' scores at the end of the night: Rumer&Val lead with a perfect 80, Robert&Kym trail with 62.

Also, it was happy birthday time! Happy birthday to both Erin Andrews (who got a cake, but couldn't get the candles to go out) and Tom Bergeron who celebrates his 60th on Wednesday (announced while he was eating some of Erin's cake).

So tonight is the double elimination, going from 6 to 4, for next week's semi-final.

And here is the real important news for tonight:

DANCECENTER. IS. BACK. Len Goodman, Jerry Rice and Kenny Mayne in the glittery best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming