Dancing with the Stars...on ABC...in HD! - Page 193 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes
post #5761 of 5763 Old Today, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
Points (your actual score) are irrelevant only the computed score is of value and defined by their rules. I know you think it should be other wise.
For sure, but it is interesting to note the British parent show Strictly Come Dancing with Len and Bruno has judges uses the jeffj scoring method of giving points i.e. for 3 dancers the first dancer would get 3 points and the last 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
Back to my earlier comment it's about ratings. If the judges' score count "too much" it would reduce the drama to a large degree as well as prevent the typical once a season dramatic the best got voted off. The judges' real purpose by design is to entertain the viewer not determine who wins.
That is the only reason they're doing it. But curiously, I checked the last Strictly season. The highest judge's scoring contestant finished sixth in a "shock" elimination. The lowest scoring couple wasn't eliminated in any of the first 6 eliminations. In equally weighted judges voting, the viewer voting still matters equally as much as it does in the convoluted system they use right now. Clearly the producers over here felt it needed to be dumbed-down for the American viewers.

Last edited by Mr.Nuke; Today at 08:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5762 of 5763 Old Today, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
Demi and her other 2 daughters were in the row right in front of Bruce and his wife. Showed them all several times
Yes, you're right. Recap videos shown on Wednesday morning's GMA showed them just one row apart. I stand corrected.

I really don't know if there's any acrimony between Bruce and Demi, but obviously for Rumer's sake, they made peace. And they even did a video together to send their love and congratulations to her, also shown during GMA.
post #5763 of 5763 Unread Today, 12:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nuke View Post
Clearly the producers over here felt it needed to be dumbed-down for the American viewers.
I don't feel they dumbed-down the scoring. Rather they simply weighted it more towards the voters (viewers). If you assign points it would be much harder to override the judge's scores. Also I think by nature it's unfair to a large degree. It would often create a much wider gap then there should be since it's not very granular (at all). This season the top two had identical scores when the judges had the option to score them at will. If they were forced to pick one over the other the "loser" would be facing a much higher hill than what the judges felt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page