Dancing with the Stars...on ABC...in HD! - Page 200 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #5971 of 5973 Old 05-24-2017, 11:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 197
I get the sense that Len is getting more and more annoyed with the direction DWTS is taking of late. It's more about show and less about dance. I am sometimes a bit annoyed with it too TBH.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5972 of 5973 Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post
… the direction DWTS is taking of late. It's more about show and less about dance. I am sometimes a bit annoyed with it too TBH.
I agree, but apparently the producers believe (perhaps correctly) that that's what brings in viewers and advertising dollars.  It would be much less expensive to stage straight renditions of the dance styles, but this stuff continues, so clearly they consider it money well spent.  (I'd have to think that moreover at least some of the pros would prefer to create and teach choreography that isn't so convoluted.)

"Liquid Crystal Display" isn't the only LCD in television.
post #5973 of 5973 Old 05-29-2017, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 191
I usually don't comment on this show after a cycle ends. But the finale had me thinking about making a request. How about a mini-special about the facial expressions of Erin Andrews. Ever since she joined the show in season 18, more than once I've rewound episodes not to see the dancing again but to see what Erin does with that face of hers.

The season 24 finale was no exception. After Bruno and Len joined Normani for a dance, reprising her number where she was surrounded by construction workers, and Bruno kept taking his shirt off to show his 'pecs' (quotes mine ), Tom had him come back to give him a score (he'd waited 24 seasons to do it). A 4.

Not to be outdone, Erin gave him a 3. The key to it is her face, mouth open and tongue emerging. A think I watched that bit about a dozen times.

Come on DWTS producers, you got seven seasons worth of material to put together something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page