post #811 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I kept thinking "That outfit sure looks like one of those old 1940's one-piece swimsuits with some sequins thrown on the top." But she did look good in it.

Yeah, it did look a little old fashioned but that cut is very flattering on her. If you remember, the leopard-print outfit she had on that got raves from us earlier in the season was the exact same cut. She looked unusually good, even for her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq View Post

I don't think Ohno's experience in Ice Skating prepares him any more than Ali's experience as a prize-fighter. It could be argued that it's less, considering the footwork involved in boxing.

Did you think Apollo was a "figure skater?" He's a speed skater, a big difference.

Figure or speed skater I could care less.. but IMO he's a natural when it comes to dancing, and his skating definitely helps on the dance floor. I seriously don't know how in the hell would boxing help in a damn dancing contest.

But we all can agree that Joey is clearly the one with the biggest advantage, due to being part of the largest pop group in history.
post #813 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillecat View Post

Too much free-style and not enough techical performance.

This season is a let-down for me.

nc

Ditto. Although I must say that a tango to "My Darling Clementine" WAS one of the highlights (was it a tango or a paso?).

But we have to realize that not everyone feels like we do, and when the network sees all that money dancing in front of their eyes they'll do ANYTHING; e.g. "consult" with the judges, do more freestyle and f**k up the music. After all, would WE be any different (i.e. forego large profits to put on the show we'd like)?

Some people honestly prefer more freestyle and less competition-type dancing, which is fine, but ABC is clearly doing whatever it takes to rake in the audience.

BTW, what a coincidence that the judges did an about face on each of the contestants in the transition from the first dance to the freestyle.

=NLK=
post #814 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzo View Post

... I seriously don't know how in the hell would boxing help in a damn dancing contest.

Rhythm, timing, stamina, strength, are all part of a great boxer's profile..... and they are all part of a dancers too.

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
post #815 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Figure or speed skater I could care less.. but IMO he's a natural when it comes to dancing, and his skating definitely helps on the dance floor. I seriously don't know how in the hell would boxing help in a damn dancing contest.

In boxing, coordination and footwork are key. The same goes with dancing.

Personally, I don't exactly see how pushing a skate around a big iced circle would help with dancing more than boxing would but obviously you disagree.

Quote:

But we all can agree that Joey is clearly the one with the biggest advantage, due to being part of the largest pop group in history.

Yep, for the most part. Although his weight and resulting lack of coordination somewhat evens it out against both Ali and Ohno.
post #816 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Who was it who danced like a butterfly? Duh.....
I've never seen a speed skater dance.
post #817 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 01:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
Well, at least SYTYCD starts this week

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #818 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
For what it's worth, all the contestants are back tonight including Heather Mills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post

Well, at least SYTYCD starts this week

From the same studio when the live shows start.
post #819 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I cast one vote each for Apolo and Joey, because I thought they did well enough last night, especially in the freestyle round, to be considered co-champs in my book. It took me about twice as long to get through by phone or Internet to vote for Apolo as for Joey, which leads me to believe that Apolo probably got more votes. Unless Apolo completely stumbles during tonight's final dance, he should all but lock up the competition.

As for Laila, she was not IMO quite as precise as the other two last night; she needs a knockout (no pun intended) routine tonight to break through.

Scott

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt...
Hot Off the Press / Philips and Magnavox DVD Recorders

post #820 of 5607 Old 05-22-2007, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Wow, no comments after the show? I liked Laila, and thought she should be one of the final 2 but I am happy Apollo won. As the seconds ticked down I could easily see either one winning, and I thought I'd like Apollo to win , but Joey will get it. I was pleasantly surprised.
post #821 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 12:59 AM
AVS Special Member

That had to be a really close final vote - I'd sure love to know just how close! I really wanted Apolo & Julianne to win it but didn't have any idea what to expect.
post #822 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Last night was way too long of a show. I would have rather seen an episode of BL and one hour of SWTS, than a 2-hour "advertisement".

Great to bring back the past winners. Kelly Monaco!

I was surpised not to have seen any clips of Stacy Kebler. They made a huge fuss about her when she was on, but no mention of her last night.

I was SHOCKED that Layla didn't win. I think she thought she should have won over anyone else. Imagine Apolo having that many fans out there.

I have to say, that of all the seasons so far of this show, this season was the least, well, interesting for me. There was no real standout or any real fierce competiters.

That Paula is an idiot. Did ys hear her answer to TB when he sakes what she'd miss the kost. "uh,uggg,um, the judges?" Paula, you should have never been on. You take a spot for someone else who would love to be on this show and not be a moron. I think they should loose the Jimmy K. thing also.

I look forward immensly to next season. I hope the pregnant announcer does come back next year. The mix this show has of judges and emcee's really works.

nc
post #823 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 10:43 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
(From Marc Berman's Wednesday, May 23, 2007, Programming Insider column and blog at Mediaweek.com )

The two-hour season-finale of Dancing With the Stars pushed ABC past American Idol-ignited Fox in total viewers on this last Tuesday of the May 2007sweeps.

ABC's Dancing With the Stars racked up a season-high 22.70 million viewers with a 6.6/17 from 9-11 p.m.
Here is the half-hour breakdown for Dancing With the Stars:

9:00 p.m.
Viewers: 21.08 million
A18-49: 5.9/15
9:30 p.m.
Viewers: 23.30 million
A18-49: 6.8/17
10:00 p.m.
Viewers: 23.49 million
A18-49: 7.0/18
10:30 p.m.
Viewers: 22.95 million
A18-49: 6.9/18

Source: Nielsen Media Research data
http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...451/m/15610835
post #824 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:

I was SHOCKED that Layla didn't win. I think she thought she should have won over anyone else. Imagine Apolo having that many fans out there.

She deserved to be in the final three, but I think the other two took it to the next level.
Quote:

I have to say, that of all the seasons so far of this show, this season was the least, well, interesting for me. There was no real standout or any real fierce competiters.

I thought Joey and Apolo were as competitive as any season. If the judges' decision had been even as last year, I would have had no idea who the winner was going to be.
Quote:

That Paula is an idiot. Did ys hear her answer to TB when he sakes what she'd miss the kost. "uh,uggg,um, the judges?" Paula, you should have never been on. You take a spot for someone else who would love to be on this show and not be a moron.

Seems that's true for another show too.
Quote:

I look forward immensly to next season. I hope the pregnant announcer does come back next year. The mix this show has of judges and emcee's really works.

Good news - the next season is four months away. Fox will supply dancing during that time.
post #825 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 11:50 AM
AVS Club Gold

And much better dancing at that

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #826 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
I knew there were UK and Aussie versions of DWTS, but I didn't realize there were so many countries involved now. Whoever franchised this show must be raking in the cash.

I'd love it if they would show late-night reruns from some of the other countries during the off season. I'd especially like to see Japanese reruns. I'll bet the Japanese have some really wild cultural twists on what a ballroom costume should look like.
post #827 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

nc

Kelly...blue mini-dress....mmmmm....
post #828 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 12:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:

I was surpised not to have seen any clips of Stacy Kebler. They made a huge fuss about her when she was on, but no mention of her last night.

Yes, I'm kind of puzzled at Stacy's absence of anything having to do with DWTS. Certainly, she has to be one of it's all-time most popular competitors (especially among the men in the audience). Maybe she's still peeved about coming in third behind Jerry Rice and Drew. She ought to be.

Quote:

Well, I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe it's because she clearly wasn't as good as the two guys. But I still figured she'd win because of name recognition.

Quote:

While most of us feel the Tom is unmatched as an emcee, we feel otherwise as far as Samantha is concerned, judging by earlier comments. One thing about Sam, though.... she got as much milage as she could out of her temporary visit from "the titty fairy" (as Robin Williams used to put it in his stand-up routine). She was darn proud of those puppies!
post #829 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Last night was way too long of a show.

Agree

Quote:

She vanished after that season... at least to my radar.

Quote:

She was very good and really came alive as the season progressedbut no way she was better than the other two. I think the chairs from the balcony would've been tossed onto the dance floor if O & J didn't win. They owned that joint.

Also, remember, Apolo has been in the past two Winter Olympics. He has a following.

Quote:

I have to say, that of all the seasons so far of this show, this season was the least, well, interesting for me. There was no real standout or any real fierce competiters

I thought it was the best.

Quote:

That Paula is an idiot. Did ys hear her answer to TB when he sakes what she'd miss the kost. "uh,uggg,um, the judges?" Paula, you should have never been on. You take a spot for someone else who would love to be on this show and not be a moron.

I disagree with this too. She had potential. She just didn't have a fan base. She has a great wit and should have been on longer than that oaf, Billy Ray. I can't believe he plugged his album. What a moron.

Quote:

I think they should loose the Jimmy K. thing also.

That stuff is hysterical.

Quote:

I hope the pregnant announcer does come back next year.
nc

She stinks. She can't adlib. She has less ability for live banter than a local weather girl in a two bit town.

Larry

post #830 of 5607 Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

She was darn proud of those puppies!

I thought she was going to take them out for a walk.

Larry

post #831 of 5607 Old 05-24-2007, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:

While most of us feel the Tom is unmatched as an emcee, we feel otherwise as far as Samantha is concerned, judging by earlier comments. One thing about Sam, though.... she got as much milage as she could out of her temporary visit from "the titty fairy" (as Robin Williams used to put it in his stand-up routine). She was darn proud of those puppies!

Tom has to be one of the luckiest guys around. He fell into a suprise hit show, probably because he was willing to work cheap.

He has grown into the show and occasionally delivers a few cleaver comebacks to the judge's hissy fits, but that's about it.

Samantha Harris is what HDTV was invented for. Pure eye candy, nice outfits, and the ability to tactfully cut off ego driven celebrities in mid sentence.

I don't think any viewers tune in to the show to hear Tom's cleaver banter or because of the interviewing style of Samantha.

Only reason to replace either of them would be if they dared to ask for more money. Only reason to keep either of them is because they are apparently not asking for more money.
post #832 of 5607 Old 05-24-2007, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Love the show. Love Tom, hated him at first, but he's grown on me. They could replace Samantha with anyone, I find her neither attractive nor interesting.

Apollo and Julianne were the bomb. Julianne is just too cute for words. You can't not love her. My wife wants her to dump her fiancee and marry Apollo because they're so cute together.
post #833 of 5607 Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post

.... My wife wants her to dump her fiancee and marry Apollo because they're so cute together.

The engagement is already off, although she is still supposedly going out with him...
post #834 of 5607 Old 05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Julianne seems irresistible. My wife is convinced that Apolo and she are an item - that working so closely together, those two sweet and good looking people wouldn't be able to keep it platonic. That's assuming that Apolo is straight.
post #835 of 5607 Old 05-24-2007, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

The engagement is already off, although she is still supposedly going out with him...

18 is much too young to be engaged, especially as she is obviously a talented dancer with a great future if she doesn't get derailed and do stupid things.
post #836 of 5607 Old 05-24-2007, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson View Post

. That's assuming that Apolo is straight.

NY POST
APOLO SKATES ON WITHOUT PARTNER
By MICHAEL STARR
May 24, 2007 --

FIRST things first: "Dancing with the Stars" champ Apolo Anton Ohno says there's no truth to rumors he's hooked up with dancing partner Julianne Hough.
"There's nothing to that," Ohno said yesterday. "Our relationship was strictly professional. It was sometimes goofy, but was strictly professional.

"We had great chemistry on the dance floor, which is why people think [we're romantically involved]," he said.

"It meant I was doing my job [as a dancer]."

Ohno, the Olympic gold-medal speedskater, won Tuesday's "Dancing" finale, beating Laila Ali and Joey Fatone to claim the disco-ball trophy on his 25th birthday.

He didn't have much time to celebrate his victory - he, Ali and Fatone caught a red-eye to New York for a round of TV appearances - but he celebrated his continued success on the show Monday night, he said.

"I had an unbelievable dinner with family and friends . . . and felt like I had already won to be able to come that far in the competition," he said.

"I got to glow and to show off my personality more and show a different side of myself [on the show]," he said. "It's a side of me the public doesn't get to see.

"There's much more to me than the athlete."

Ohno has already won five Olympic medals, and is planning to compete in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

And he said his "Dancing" visibility has opened other doors for him - including show business possibilities.

"There are some really cool doors that have opened for me because of the show that I never thought possible," he said. "We're looking to see what's the right fit . . . there are a lot of things to work on in film and TV.

"We had discussions before ['Dancing'] about doing other things, but this definitely gave it a little boost," he said.

"It shows that I can be more of an entertainer and that I'm very comfortable on TV.

"I could be that crossover [personality]."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05242007...hael_starr.htm

Larry

post #837 of 5607 Old 05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:

That's assuming that Apolo is straight.

Why would you assume otherwise?
post #838 of 5607 Old 05-24-2007, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Why would you assume otherwise?

Literally, as I said, I assume he's straight. But one never knows. I tell you honestly that if I were in his situation, working with Julianne, I'd have had to go for the gold.
post #839 of 5607 Old 05-25-2007, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Literally, as I said, I assume he's straight. But one never knows. I tell you honestly that if I were in his situation, working with Julianne, I'd have had to go for the gold.

Pink.......
post #840 of 5607 Old 05-25-2007, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

No pictures?! you guys are slipping.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page