Men in Trees - premier on ABC 9/12 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 80 Old 10-16-2006, 05:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I agree. It is growing on me. I think it might be a better fit out of either "Desperate Housewives" on Sunday.

Perhaps ABC should switch the "Brother & Sisters" (which just got a full-season order late this afternoon) to Thursdays and let "Men In Trees" follow DH Sundays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 80 Old 10-16-2006, 05:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It's quirky, but very very much like Northern Exposure. Almost too much like it.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #63 of 80 Old 10-16-2006, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa View Post

I agree. It is growing on me. I think it might be a better fit out of either "Desperate Housewives" on Sunday.

Perhaps ABC should switch the "Brother & Sisters" (which just got a full-season order late this afternoon) to Thursdays and let "Men In Trees" follow DH Sundays.

I kind of like it on Friday's, but if it has a better chance of survival on Sunday or Thursday, I'd keep up with it. I watch Brothers & Sisters also, glad it got the go ahead. If Men In Trees can latch on for a full season run, I'll have a clean sweep this year on my main shows. (I'm assuming Bones and House are gonna make it along with LOST.)

As far as it being too much like Northern Exposure, that's not necessarily a bad thing, all I know is I like all the supporting characters and it makes me laugh.
post #64 of 80 Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 AM

Liked: 10
My wife and I like this show. I too think its a lot like Northern Exposure. But I liked that show too. Likeable characters, sexual tension, good acting, Great looking women....whats not to like?

Hell, it would make my day if it REPLACED Desperate Houswives on Sunday. I hate that show.

Jim
post #65 of 80 Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHDjunkie View Post

My wife and I like this show. I too think its a lot like Northern Exposure. But I liked that show too. Likeable characters, sexual tension, good acting, Great looking women....whats not to like?

Hell, it would make my day if it REPLACED Desperate Houswives on Sunday. I hate that show.

My wife and I like it as well. It appears that it is showing enough "legs" to at least get a shot. It seems to be consitently growing the audience from the Grey's repeat lead-in. I would also think moving it to Thursday would be a good idea (or Sunday). However, with a Tivo, I don't care.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #66 of 80 Old 10-18-2006, 02:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 222
I saw the ratings for this show today and it doesn't look good. I think it finished last in its time slot among the major networks (if they are still major networks). This week also had a fairly large drop from the previous week so it appears to be losing stream not gaining. Here's hoping it catches on somehow... my wife and I enjoy the show.
post #67 of 80 Old 10-18-2006, 02:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

I saw the ratings for this show today and it doesn't look good. I think it finished last in its time slot among the major networks (if they are still major networks). This week also had a fairly large drop from the previous week so it appears to be losing stream not gaining. Here's hoping it catches on somehow... my wife and I enjoy the show.

Still, it has a major star and AFAIK it's gotten some pretty good reviews, so ABC might give it a chance for a little while longer.

And this is the network that still has According to Jim in its roster.

post #68 of 80 Old 10-18-2006, 02:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

From Marc Berman at MediaWeek in his Programming Insider column regarding last week's Men In Trees numbers:

the one positive worth noting was growth for Men in Trees out of the Grey's Anatomy second-run of 1.16 million viewers and 16 percent among adults 18-49. Wouldn't it make sense for ABC to flip Men in Trees with Six Degrees on Thursday, leading out of Grey's Anatomy, to try to save the Anne Heche drama?...

Here are the ratings so far, and over the past four weeks they have remained pretty consistent:
Week One: #54 (tie) 8.19 million viewers
Week Two: #58 (tie) 6.92 million viewers
Week Three: #58 7.26 million viewers
Week Four: #66 7.13 million viewers
Week Five: 7.15 million viewers

Ratings courtesy Nielsen Media Research
post #69 of 80 Old 10-18-2006, 02:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 222
I wonder how much longer time slots will remain important with DVRs becoming mainstream. I'm sure they are a help now although for me I never just "accept" what's on next. Even if I'm watching semi-live most of the time I start watching well into the show so I can skip over the commercials.
post #70 of 80 Old 10-18-2006, 02:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I DVR everything off of commercial TV now...

post #71 of 80 Old 11-08-2006, 03:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

TV Notebook
ABC Adds More Men In Trees
Six Degrees on Hold
By Marc Berman Media Week Nov. 8, 2006

ABC has picked up freshman drama Men In Trees for the remainder of the season, with an order for nine additional episodes and a new time period -- Thursday 10 p.m. effective on Nov. 30.

Current occupant Six Degrees, which is down, on average, from lead-in Grey's Anatomy by a mammoth 12.51 million viewers (22.15 to 9.64 million) and 57 percent among adults 18-49 (9.3 rating/22 share to 4.0/11), according to Nielsen Media Research data, will return in a new time period in January.

No word at present at what will replace Men In Trees, which averaged 7.32 million viewers and a 2.2/ 7 among adults 18-49 in the Friday 9 p.m. hour.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/rec..._id=1003379454
post #72 of 80 Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa View Post

TV Notebook
ABC Adds More Men In Trees
Six Degrees on Hold
By Marc Berman Media Week Nov. 8, 2006

ABC has picked up freshman drama Men In Trees for the remainder of the season, with an order for nine additional episodes and a new time period -- Thursday 10 p.m. effective on Nov. 30.

Current occupant Six Degrees, which is down, on average, from lead-in Grey's Anatomy by a mammoth 12.51 million viewers (22.15 to 9.64 million) and 57 percent among adults 18-49 (9.3 rating/22 share to 4.0/11), according to Nielsen Media Research data, will return in a new time period in January.

No word at present at what will replace Men In Trees, which averaged 7.32 million viewers and a 2.2/ 7 among adults 18-49 in the Friday 9 p.m. hour.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/rec..._id=1003379454

Alright, go Marin, so does that mean 22 episodes total? I know that earlier they had added I believe 4, but I'm taking it that they probably just added a total of 9 to the original 13. That's some tough competition though, ER and Shark, hope it works out.
post #73 of 80 Old 12-05-2006, 08:18 PM

This show has really found a groove. I look forward to it each week. Very well done.

I'm glad it's on for a whole season. It's enjoyable each week, and the characters continue to get better.
post #74 of 80 Old 12-05-2006, 11:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 182
It is a good show, and it's also one of the best shot and best lit shows on TV. It's real eye candy.

Joe Clark

post #75 of 80 Old 01-12-2007, 11:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 502
okay, this is driving me nuts now. What the hell is with all the music on MIT? Every scene change requires some new track playing constantly. It wouldn't be so bad but most have vocals and they are pretty high in the mix as well.

On some occasions I can barely concentrate on the dialog because of a guy strumming away and crying into the left speaker. When scenes appear without any background music, the silence is so obvious that I'm actually conscious of the lack of music and that's distracting because I'm hoping the next scene stays that way!

post #76 of 80 Old 01-13-2007, 12:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I think they're searching for a balance of voices (and music) that works for the show. Overall, I still very much like it, and the photography is some of the best on network TV. I'd like to see it get a chance to grow. Lots of the regulars have the potential for great character growth.

Joe Clark

post #77 of 80 Old 01-15-2007, 01:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I just got a new projector recently, and I watched again some eps of Men in Trees that I had stored on my Dish 622. The second time around, I saw more and heard more. I still think this is one of the best shot and best lit shows on television. Interiors, exteriors - they all look amazing. And then they throw in the occasional Discovery HD Theater caliber shot. And the sound keeps on growing on me, too. There is a of lot of acoustic guitar, and such full rich sound. Production value on this show is among the best I've ever seen on network television.

Since I'm on a rant, I'll praise the good writing, nuanced acting and characters that are easy to become invested in. This is a very satisfying show.

Joe Clark

post #78 of 80 Old 02-04-2007, 12:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I hope everyone here is still watching this show - no posts for quite a while. It's been a long time since I felt as strongly about a show visually as I do about this one. It's just stunningly beautiful, and the characters are easy to become invested in. Add clever writing to nuanced acting and you should have a successful run. Let's hope so.

Joe Clark

post #79 of 80 Old 03-21-2007, 02:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Perhaps surprising some (including me) ABC officially announced today it is picking another season of "Men In Trees".
post #80 of 80 Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 PM
wjg
Advanced Member

Great news. Now if they would only show it. Is everyone that afraid of American Idol ???
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page