Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #4831 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Second warning!!!!!! Be very cautious with NBC previews. Talk about spoilers. NBC takes the cake. I will just say that so far two of the four mysteries are shown. But since I was spoiled maybe I would ruin it for you guys. NAH, I am not that cruel. However, you guys are very good and made the predictions but unless you want to read eveything from, back maybe 20-30 pages, it would be easier just to wait till Moday.

There aren't any stupid questions just stupid people who prefer to do it themselves and BOOM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4832 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post

I'm more surprised no one is wondering what happened to Hiro... yet.

Hiro is fine, he is in the past right smack in the middle of the battle of Good vs Evil. Nothing wrong here. He will get to explain his story to the anceint Heroes right before the battle that he ends up stopping. Then they will work on a way to get him back to the future. During his visit he learns more about the symbol that has plagued us for the complete first season.

There aren't any stupid questions just stupid people who prefer to do it themselves and BOOM!
post #4833 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyinnyc View Post

Second warning!!!!!! Be very cautious with NBC previews. Talk about spoilers. NBC takes the cake. I will just say that so far two of the four mysteries are shown. But since I was spoiled maybe I would ruin it for you guys. NAH, I am not that cruel. However, you guys are very good and made the predictions but unless you want to read eveything from, back maybe 20-30 pages, it would be easier just to wait till Moday.

Actually they've revealed 3 major spoilers. Not sure what would be the 4th one, though (maybe who the big bad is? They definitely don't show anything about that)...

Steam/XBL/PSN: thejokell
post #4834 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokell View Post

Actually they've revealed 3 major spoilers. Not sure what would be the 4th one, though (maybe who the big bad is? They definitely don't show anything about that)...

send me a pm with the 3 major spoilers... i have a feeling that i know but wondering if its the same info i got..

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
post #4835 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

send me one too! But don't you give it away with that big bad thing?

post #4836 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Saying they didn't reveal a plot point brought up in the season finale isn't a spoiler.

post #4837 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 09:24 AM
exx

I can't wait till Monday. I love me some heroes.
post #4838 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

How do you figure?

Well, if Nathan was carrying Peter when he exploded then it should have killed him. He has no particular immunity to Nuclear explosions that we know of. In order to avoid dying he would have had to have dropped Peter or something and gotten to 'minimum safe distance' while Peter was falling.

In the Season finale they basically insinuated that Nathan was sacrificing himself to fly Peter to a safe distance to explode. I think there was supposed to be a bit of Drama over the decision, he was finally going to be a 'hero' and make the ultimate sacrifice. I don't think most people really noticed it tho, it didn't even occur to me until I saw the episode a second time.
post #4839 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

It was hard to not notice it. It wasn't subtle in the slightest.

That said, I think the majority of people expected Nathan to drop Peter and fly away. Guess we'll find out on Monday.

post #4840 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

maybe nathan said " f this..... peace out bro".....

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
post #4841 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

maybe he got blown into the next week, which is were Heroes will start up on Monday. But really guys all jokes aside and theories, They didn't go through all that crap for him to win the election for him to die in the finale.

post #4842 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

If he just droped Peterbomb then how would he know when to do it, no timer visible or anything. If he dropped him too soon then he would just hit the ground and go boom anyway, too late and Nathan is toast.

That's why I say Nathan should be dead. Unless they come up with some silly seriel-style bs escape maneuver (not that there is anything wrong with that).
post #4843 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree with CardiacArrest, I've been saying since the finale aired that I think Peter could have survived (no reason to think he wouldn't survive the actual explosion, and he could use Claire's healing factor to recover from the fall), but Nathan should be dead. Even if he did drop him or throw him, he would have been nuked by Peter's radiation. Of course, folks coming back from the dead (or near dead) is a comic book staple, so I'm looking forward to the explaination. Just 3 more days!

Rocky
post #4844 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I love it when rational men discuss the plausibility of a flying man surviving the explosion of a nuclear man!!
post #4845 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacArrest View Post

If he just droped Peterbomb then how would he know when to do it

Peter could have told him when.

As others have pointed out, you're talking about a flying man surviving a radioactive exploding man. It doesn't necessarily have to be logical.

post #4846 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

I love it when rational men discuss the plausibility of a flying man surviving the explosion of a nuclear man!!

When did I ever claim to be a rational man?

Rocky
post #4847 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 03:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post

I agree with CardiacArrest, I've been saying since the finale aired that I think Peter could have survived (no reason to think he wouldn't survive the actual explosion, and he could use Claire's healing factor to recover from the fall), but Nathan should be dead. Even if he did drop him or throw him, he would have been nuked by Peter's radiation. Of course, folks coming back from the dead (or near dead) is a comic book staple, so I'm looking forward to the explaination. Just 3 more days!

Maybe he can fly so fast he outflew the radiation! No, that can't be it; his skin would peel away from the wind resistance.

I know! Peter teleported the two of them away, then teleported back and exploded. Then healed real fast. Then flew back down to earth. Naked. Grabbed some duds and teleported back to get Nathan. Then came back. Yeah, that's it!
post #4848 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Given that we have a character that can make herself look like anyone (or get killed by Sylar so he can make himself look like anyone)... there's no reason why Nathan can't be dead AND Adrian Pasdar still be a regular on the show.

They could milk the "is it Nathan or someone looking like him" for a whole season really as long as chameleon girl (or Sylar) doesn't need to be in too many multiple-location plotlines.

Chameleon girl could give the illusion of flying so people thinks Nathan flew off... Sylar could do that (if he kills her) OR he can lift himself with his telekinesis (he has done this before)... so it might be a while before anyone found out unless he really does something out of character.

Those are the really "easy outs" for having Nathan still on the show.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #4849 of 4855 Old 09-21-2007, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

And here's a really nasty bit of scriptwriting...

How do we know Peter really lost control? How do we know this wasn't chameleon girl making him think he was losing control AND making everyone else see it?

It would be a dirty trick... but Candace was still in the area (last seen unconscious... or was she just projecting the illusion of being unconsciousness??).

post #4850 of 4855 Old 09-22-2007, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
I hope they don't do that. A supervillain pretending to be a politician has already been done in the X-Men movies.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #4851 of 4855 Old 09-22-2007, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

I hope they don't do that. A supervillain pretending to be a politician has already been done in the X-Men movies.

To be fair, 99% of this show has already been done in comics before.

post #4852 of 4855 Old 09-22-2007, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Maybe he can fly so fast he outflew the radiation! No, that can't be it; his skin would peel away from the wind resistance.

I know! Peter teleported the two of them away, then teleported back and exploded. Then healed real fast. Then flew back down to earth. Naked. Grabbed some duds and teleported back to get Nathan. Then came back. Yeah, that's it!

Okay, now this is exactly the type of blatant and outrageous spoiler that should never be permitted on these threads! My Monday night has now been shot to hell as the result of this egregious act, which should not go unpunished.

Therefore, I respectfully request the moderator to SEVERELY admonish that offending member, and that as further punishment, such member be required to perform LAMBADA - The Forbidden Dance on this thread, as penance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Given that we have a character that can make herself look like anyone (or get killed by Sylar so he can make himself look like anyone)... there's no reason why Nathan can't be dead AND Adrian Pasdar still be a regular on the show.

They could milk the "is it Nathan or someone looking like him" for a whole season really as long as chameleon girl (or Sylar) doesn't need to be in too many multiple-location plotlines.

Actually, that's not a half-bad idea, but I think it would grow kind of thin in a relatively short period of time. Oh and BTW, keep in mind that 'chameleon girl' is not a "chameleon", but rather an illusionist.

Chance favors the prepared mind
post #4853 of 4855 Old 09-22-2007, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post

Oh and BTW, keep in mind that 'chameleon girl' is not a "chameleon", but rather an illusionist.

Yeah... except if I called her illusionist girl, undoubtedly at least one person would say "who is illusionist girl?"

Actually.. the more I think about it, the more I like my second idea. Candace had tipped that her "normal" appearance may not be what she looks like.. but when knocked "out" by Nikki, she still looked like herself.. so that could be a "clue" that she was playing possum to setup the real illusion.

For all we know... the company plan wasn't to allow a disaster to kill innocent people, but rather to give the illusion of a disaster to permit them to take control of things...but something went wrong putting all those people together in one place.

post #4854 of 4855 Old 09-23-2007, 03:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

To be fair, 99% of this show has already been done in comics before.

Yeah, and let's not add to that with this plot line.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #4855 of 4855 Old 09-23-2007, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page