Closed Thread

post #181 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post

We both thought the twist that Hiro doesn't actually teleport but can stop and slow time to be a neat twist... "No, no...today is October Two....october two!"

Yeah, I liked the fact the show was actually airing on October 2nd when he was saying that.

Did anyone else cath the stylised 'f' symbol throughout the show? First I saw it was at the artist studio on a bunch of paintings when Hiro walked in. Then when the Indian scientist (don't remember the name) found his father's computer program (you see it as a pattern in the data stream). And finally in the pool of the backyard of the murdered family where the cop found the girl (symbol made by the pool vac and some floaty blocks).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

Yeah, then he gets busted by Clea Duvall of all people. Not buying her as a detective, although I've like her in many of her other roles.

Now if the guy can read minds you'd think he could cheat off the other guys taking the test :-) Sit next to the smartest guy in the room and voila!

Rememeber, the story line is most people discover their powers around the time of the Eclipse. So he couldn't have cheated before because he didn't know he had the powers.

Asian guy went into the future to November (sweeps month)so he isn't on the same time line as the rest of the story, explains explosion right after his arrest(which is suppose to happen in the future). Also how could the killer be in NY and LA at the same time. So they have a story line already built in until the sweeps period. He will have to go back to the time of the eclipse to stop NYC from going bang in November. At least this is what I got from last nights episode.

I wish it was with limited interruptions again it seemed like a break every 10 minutes. They made up for the lack of comercials last week. Normal rule is usually 5 breaks during the hr it seemed like 6 or 7. Anyone DVR it? Let me know if it was just that good that the commercials were a distraction or if there was a lot of commercial breaks.

There aren't any stupid questions just stupid people who prefer to do it themselves and BOOM!
post #183 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
nuttyinnyc,

The commercials were often. Sometimes too often. Studio 60 was pitiful too. I had to hold the DVR remote. I couldn't put it down. I couldn't watch TV anymore without my DVR.

Chet
post #184 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 08:52 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post

Did anyone else cath the stylised 'f' symbol throughout the show? First I saw it was at the artist studio on a bunch of paintings when Hiro walked in. Then when the Indian scientist (don't remember the name) found his father's computer program (you see it as a pattern in the data stream). And finally in the pool of the backyard of the murdered family where the cop found the girl (symbol made by the pool vac and some floaty blocks).

Yep - I noticed the symbol too. I have the episode recorded and I'll post some screen caps later tonight.
post #185 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 View Post

I liked tonights episode, I see that Hiro is definitely going to be the funniest person on the show.

hiro is a hero, lol. or should i say, superhiro?
post #186 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post

Yeah, I liked the fact the show was actually airing on October 2nd when he was saying that.

yeah, i noticed that symbol too. it was also in the top right corner of that sketch the flying guy drew in the hospital...

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #187 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:

I liked tonights episode, I see that Hiro is definitely going to be the funniest person on the show. It was weird to see that he had jumped into the future and saw what was about to happen.

I have the most questions about the girl with the friend in the mirror, obviously they don't need to be in the same room for her to do things. What about her changing clothes in the car while she was watching the video camera, or how she was at a light then the next thing you know she is at the airport?

All in all another good episode.

I noticed that the girl with the friend in the mirror, Niki Sanders, was wearing a white top and then after she viewed the video tape with static, then she was wearing a red top and then at the airport. I am guessing this is how we can tell which person Niki is.
post #188 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
She was only wearing the red top because at some point during the 4 hours of "clean-up" she changed out of the bloody top.
post #189 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain View Post

yeah, i noticed that symbol too. it was also in the top right corner of that sketch the flying guy drew in the hospital...

And I remember seeing it through the listing of nucleotides in the DNA that the professor's son found on the "portable hard drive."
post #190 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post

Also, if this series starts resorting to flamboyantly costumed characters, I think it's going to lose a lot of people.

I'm OK with it.
post #191 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Did anyone record Episode 2 in HD? My FusionHDTV card recorded the wrong subchannel last night & I'm pissed! I'd love to be able to see it - Please PM me if you can help.....
post #192 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuner View Post

Did anyone record Episode 2 in HD? My FusionHDTV card recorded the wrong subchannel last night & I'm pissed! I'd love to be able to see it - Please PM me if you can help.....

If you go to NBC.com, you can watch the episode there, I would expect they have the HD version as well.
post #193 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 10:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
(From Marc Berman's Tuesday, October 3, 2006, Programming Insider column at Mediaweek.com )

"...week two of NBC's competing Heroes lived up to its title. Heroes averaged a comfortable 9.4/14 in the overnights (#2), 12.57 million viewers (#2) and a first-place 5.3/13 among adults 18-49, building from lead-in Deal or No Deal by a hefty 43 percent among adults 18-49. Retention for Heroes from its week-ago premiere (Overnights: #1, 9.7/14; Viewers: #1, 14.10 million; A18-49: 31, 5.9/14 on Sept. 25) was also solid at 97 percent in the overnights, 89 percent in total viewers and 90 percent among adults 18-49.

Source: Nielsen Media Research data

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/newslett...ider/index.jsp
post #194 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you go to NBC.com, you can watch the episode there, I would expect they have the HD version as well.

Thanks, but I checked the website last night and you can only view it online in a very rough format. I saw pieces of the episode on my 4:3 SD tv upstairs while playing with my little girls and trying to get them ready for bed, but I want to watch it in HD in my HomeTheater.

Tried again, but they said it's not available any more and it's not in HD
post #195 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

You'll have to settle for SD on Fri. at 3:00 PM EST. Scifi channel.

" I say down with stretch-O-vision and any channel to use it! "
post #196 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

It definitely said Nov. 8th.

yup

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
post #197 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillecat View Post

Yanno the girl who walks through fire? Well, I always wondered...she is special, and not her clothes. How come her clothes dont burn?

If you go back and watch, her clothes were on fire when she came out of the train. Just enough to see, not enough for her to lose her outfit (yes, that may be what some people want, but NBC isn't going to oblige).

Thanks for the verification on the date in the cartoon. I was pretty sure they were consistent, just had no way to check.

And the swoopy symbol is interesting - they didn't make it ridiculously obvious, but it was in at least four scenes (pool, computer screen, doodle, and painting).
post #198 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Oh here is the "S"

post #199 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
While I agree that the new "hero" cop was nicely introduced and the cliffhanger NYC blast scheduled for Nov 8 was also intriguing - I was also somewhat less enthused overall with this episode. It was a bit of a let down from the first. Maybe I was just expecting too much or they or still in exposition mode, trying to explain/introduce all (a few too many?) characters and story-lines. Still well worth hanging on for the time being though.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #200 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

How are the other 'S' or 'f' symbols displayed? I wonder if it is being shown upside down, mirrored or sideways from what it really is.

Mirror it, overlap the 2 pieces and it becomes a funky '8'. I'll be looking into this thing way too much...
post #201 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain View Post

I also saw it in the data stream on the flash drive.
Friend saw it on a clock round Hiro.
post #202 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 35
On that symbol, no one mentioned the floating coil of lane guides in the pool scene. It was complete with little plastic extrusions to form the crossbars which make it look like a stylized/italicized "F."
post #203 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 12:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
So could we say Hiro is the most powerfull of the "Heroes"? Certainly the ability to bend space+time outweighs anything else.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #204 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

So could we say Hiro is the most powerfull of the "Heroes"? Certainly the ability to bend space+time outweighs anything else.

Well, but as far we know he is not invulnerable -- if he is suddenly killed, that would be the end of that...unless he could tell the future, or be able to borrow the girl's invulnerability........I think we will find that eachof these "Heroes" has a role to play as their lives migrate toward confluence.
post #205 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Did anybody notice, when Hiro stopped at the newstand, that there was a Headline from the New York Chronicle, Early Edition, that had "Petrelli Wins in Landslide". I think that would fit the timeline also of Nov. 8th.
post #206 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

A few random stuff...

Suresh's neighbor girl... I just couldn't help but feel that she would turn out to be a mole. Get friendly with Suresh with the plummer incident and keep an eye on his progress so that Syler (sp?) can get to the new discoveries first. Papa Suresh probably found something out which got him killed.

Noticed that the lizzard (?) 's name was "Mohinder", Suresh's name.

So, now that Syler knows Claire's power, does it mean that he would freeze her and eat her brain?

Hong.

i have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- edgar allan poe
post #207 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Why are you assuming that Syler is Claire's dad? Did I miss something?

post #208 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I was thinking about this, certainly he has to have some limitations. I just hope it doesn't get cheesy like Johnny Smith's deadzone power, where it only shows whatever is important to the writers desire to advance the plot.

post #209 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think Siler/Syler (off-topic, which is funny...my wife and my cat's name is Siler...never heard the name before the cat...now it's a villain on a TV show ) is Claire's dad...

I think he may be a 'secret henchman' possibly either working for Siler or working to capture Siler..., but who has an extreme prejudice towards those who have special powers because of 'jealousy' or from the fact that he doesn't want them to become the next siler...

Here's a thought...any chance that Siler could be the dual personality girl's alter-ego? That would be a huge case of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde right there...though from the 3 deaths (two we know of, one attributed) to duality girl...they don't match up with the possible 3 that Siler supposedly has committed...lopped off heads and no brains...vs....totally mangled bodies...

Go Texas Rangers!
Go Dallas Cowboys!
Go Newberry College!

Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI

XBOX360 and PSN gamertags - ncxcstud
post #210 of 4855 Old 10-03-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongcho View Post

Suresh's neighbor girl... I just couldn't help but feel that she would turn out to be a mole. Get friendly with Suresh with the plummer incident and keep an eye on his progress so that Syler (sp?) can get to the new discoveries first. Papa Suresh probably found something out which got him killed.

That would be a more interesting angle than the love interest thing they seem headed towards. It would also explain the bad acting.
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page