Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 4855 Old 09-13-2006, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone check this out yet on Itunes? It was great and can't wait to see this in HD at the end of the month.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4855 Old 09-13-2006, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am going to put this on my season pass, it looks interesting to me.
post #3 of 4855 Old 09-13-2006, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
When does it start?
I don't see it in the Guide yet.
post #4 of 4855 Old 09-13-2006, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 47
The one (asian) guy stops a clock and that equates to stopping time itself. But, it potentially makes him the most powerful (could do anything undetected). I'll watch the pilot-ep at least.

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #5 of 4855 Old 09-13-2006, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

The one (asian) guy stops a clock and that equates to stopping time itself.

It sounds a lot less ridiculous if he is stopping time itself and that equates to the clock stopping. I think the clock was just showing the stoppage of time, otherwise anyone that gets ahold of that magic clock could just remove the cover and grab hold of the second hand.
post #6 of 4855 Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTV2TiVo View Post

When does it start?
I don't see it in the Guide yet.

"Heroes" starts Monday, Sept 25, 9PM ET/PT.
post #7 of 4855 Old 09-13-2006, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I'm looking forward to it.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #8 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

The one (asian) guy stops a clock and that equates to stopping time itself. But, it potentially makes him the most powerful (could do anything undetected). I'll watch the pilot-ep at least.

You will really need to see the show the asian guys conversation with his buddy is actually pretty funny.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
post #9 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 09:10 AM

Just a reminder that this hasn't aired yet, so consider anything seen from iTunes a spoiler.
post #10 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Just a reminder that this hasn't aired yet, so consider anything seen from iTunes a spoiler.

I've looked all through iTunes and couldn't find any reference to Heroes. Can anyone provide a link?
post #11 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 09:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl View Post

I've looked all through iTunes and couldn't find any reference to Heroes. Can anyone provide a link?

I looked too and couldn't find it.
post #12 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Regarding Heroes on iTunes - I got a card at my local AMC theater over the weekend that was good for one free download of the Heroes premiere episode. You have to use the "Redeem Code" feature to get it. I'll try it when I head home for lunch today.

Flicks? Here's my collection. And I've seen a lot, too.
post #13 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yes you need to get a code in order to download from Itunes there are other methods to get the episode but were not allowed to speak of them. Anyways I don't know how to use the spoiler tags myself so lets keep any possible spoilers hidden to those that don't want to see them. I guess whats shown in the promo ads is fair game to talk about. Like I said before this show is looking to be a must watch. Possibly may replace smallville as the best superhero type show on TV now IMHO.

For those that can't get a code on Sept. 18th

Yahoo TV is offering exclusive streaming video of full episodes of CBS's Jericho, about a town in the aftermath of a nuclear explosion, and NBC's Heroes, about humans with super powers. And like fellow Internet portals MSN and AOL, Yahoo TV is also offering the pilot episode of Vanished and the season two premiere of Prison Break, both on Fox.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

post #14 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Okay, if you get one of these Heroes/iTunes download cards and use it, you'll get the first episode of Heroes called "Genesis" as well as two other shows. One is a "Heroes Extras" which looks like an extended 8+ minute commercial for the show. The other is the NBC fall preview show that runs for around 25 minutes.

There's good news and bad news about the premiere episode. The good news is the presentation in 16:9 widescreen. The bad news is the resolution is tiny! It's only 320 x 180! The other two segments are 640 x 480. I suppose it's s file size issue (Genesis clock in at 255 MB), but I wish this was available at a higher rez.

post #15 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This show has been on the air for 3 years already...It's called The 4400.

Good luck to NBC with this show - I doubt it'll last very long; these types of shows rarely do.
post #16 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S View Post

I doubt it'll last very long; these types of shows rarely do.

haven't been too many of "these shows" in recent years to make that comparison. Smallville would be the only comparison I can think of, it did ok, and was geared towards a younger audience. This ought to appeal to a much broader audience and could be a huge hit. I know I've been waiting for a good superhero/superpower show for years.
post #17 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

If you've been waiting for a good superhero/superpower show i don't think you will be disappointed, although some will mostly for the sake of complaining about something. Some of you will know what I mean about that. The music alone got me excited and it reminded me of the feeling i got when i first heard the superman opening theme. i don't think this compares to the 4400 its so much better then that show.

Now that I think of it I think the batman begins soundtrack was used during the opening

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

post #18 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 12:47 PM

I also really enjoyed the pilot. This show seems somewhat cinematic, I really think this will be a hit. NBC has pimped this all over the place.
post #19 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 01:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmstyle View Post

.... i don't think this compares to the 4400 its so much better then that show.

Then it must be very good indeed, as 'The 4400' is an excellent show that I've watched from the original miniseries.
post #20 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

It sounds a lot less ridiculous if he is stopping time itself and that equates to the clock stopping.

There's a particular scene where dude is in an office cubicle concentrating his stare on a clock/watch. Anyways, the second-hand stops and he jumps up and yells "huzzah!" Or whatever the japanese phrase for *huzzah* is. Maybe he has a magic watch.

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #21 of 4855 Old 09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There's a particular scene where dude is in an office cubicle concentrating his stare on a clock/watch. Anyways, the second-hand stops and he jumps up and yells "huzzah!" Or whatever the japanese phrase for *huzzah* is. Maybe he has a magic watch.

That would be "Yatta!" which translates to "I did it!"

post #22 of 4855 Old 09-23-2006, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Who's ready for this show? This looks very promising. After viewing the web site, this has got to be my most anticipated show this season.

Chet
post #23 of 4855 Old 09-23-2006, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Looks interesting, but will it be this seasons "Lost", or this seasons "Invasion", "Surface", or, worse, "Threshold"?

NBC needs for something to catch on. After losing Seinfeld and Friends it seems the only consistently popular shows they have are the L&O series (which seem like they are running out of steam to me).

Hal
post #24 of 4855 Old 09-23-2006, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm looking forward to it. It's been my most anticipated show since it was announced in May, actually I was even paying attention to it during the development season, so I'm ready for it. The pilot has actually been available on iTunes all month, but I'd rather watch in HD on my 51" screen than on the computer.

Enigma, I feel that NBC has started their recovery with My Name is Earl and The Office, although you're right, despite critical success, those show will probably never match Seinfeld or Friends in popularity, but most of the critics are saying that NBC has got a very strong new season starting up. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether or not they can pull out of the number four spot.

Rocky
post #25 of 4855 Old 09-24-2006, 08:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post

Looks interesting, but will it be this seasons "Lost", or this seasons "Invasion", "Surface", or, worse, "Threshold"?

The problem with comparing new shows to "Lost" is that very few shows are as successful as "Lost". It's a horrible comparison. If that was the basis for keeping a show, there would only be 6 shows on the networks right now.

A show doesn't need to be a mega-hit to be successful. As long as you beat "Law & Order: Living Room Closet Investigation Unit", or get numbers comparable to "CSI: Fresno", you got a show that will potentially last.

"Lost", while not number 1, is still an unusually popular show. Between that and "American Idol" or "24", you have a huge number of eyeballs. If those numbers were required to keep a show on the air, 3/4 of the primetime shows on the air would have been cancelled.

I actually cringe when I see comparisons to "Lost" in every show thread. You might as well compare it to American Idol or the other top shows out there. However, it's irrelevant if the new show isn't in the same timeslot. The only other shows any program needs to be compared to is the other shows airing in the same timeslot. You win the week timeslot by timeslot. ABC's MNF was one of very few programs that had the potential to win the week by itself. Even "Lost" can't pull those numbers.

At any rate, I am also looking forward to this show. I hope they do it right.
post #26 of 4855 Old 09-24-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

The problem with comparing new shows to "Lost" is that very few shows are as successful as "Lost". It's a horrible comparison. If that was the basis for keeping a show, there would only be 6 shows on the networks right now.

I think it is less an issue of the ratings success of Lost vs. CSI Fresno (I like that!) vs. L&O what day is it today, as it is the recent history of serialized, slow reveal, sci-fi dramas. Lost is so far the only one to "stick" while other similar concepts have failed. That is the burden Heros is fighting against. Is that a fair comparison--probably not.

If you remove the "sci-fi" element, then Prison Break is a success story and Jericho (for example only--not sure if it is sci-fi or "straight" yet from the pilot) would be in that group. (IMO at least.)

Bill
post #27 of 4855 Old 09-25-2006, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

it's interesting that it looks like nbc is airing the pilot again tomorrow night as well. the same episode in primetime two nights in a row is unusual to say the least...

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #28 of 4855 Old 09-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

i saw an advance of the pilot and my wife and i really liked it...similar to the The 4400 and X-Men at this point, but it's only episode #1 ...the way the characters tie in to each other is well done too...also, without giving anything away, there's a good twist that we never saw coming either...pretty cool.

i'm trying to give most of the new pilots 1 or 2 episodes this season...Heroes definitely has me coming back for episode #2.

sturmie

"Why is The Flash in a hot tub?"
post #29 of 4855 Old 09-25-2006, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, talbain, it might be unusual, but not unheard of, ABC did it with the Grey's Anatomy season premiere last week. And several of the new pilots are getting second airings in primetime this season, with a week or so of the original airing. And don't forget Heroes will be on again Friday night on SciFi.

Rocky
post #30 of 4855 Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmie View Post

i saw an advance of the pilot and my wife and i really liked it...similar to the The 4400 and X-Men at this point, but it's only episode #1 ...the way the characters tie in to each other is well done too...also, without giving anything away, there's a good twist that we never saw coming either...pretty cool.

i'm trying to give most of the new pilots 1 or 2 episodes this season...Heroes definitely has me coming back for episode #2.

sturmie

The only way there's a good twist that you never see coming, is if nobody tells you there's a twist that you'll never see coming.

If you've seen the show before its broadcast, please use spoiler tags for any comments regarding the show until it has aired.
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page