'Jericho' on CBS - Page 108 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3211 of 3245 Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
We would all be speaking German if Texas didn't join the Union.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3245 Old 02-26-2012, 07:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Wyoming House advances doomsday bill

Quote:

House Bill 85 passed on first reading by a voice vote. It would create a state-run government continuity task force, which would study and prepare Wyoming for potential catastrophes, from disruptions in food and energy supplies to a complete meltdown of the federal government.

The task force would look at the feasibility of Wyoming issuing its own alternative currency, if needed. And House members approved an amendment Friday by state Rep. Kermit Brown, R-Laramie, to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

Read more: http://trib.com/news/state-and-regio...#ixzz1nXlRYkNF

post #3213 of 3245 Old 02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Wyoming House advances doomsday bill

No wonder Cheyenne was ready to be the new capital.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #3214 of 3245 Old 02-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I saw that this thread had been resurrected I thought initially it would be an announcement about both seasons being released on Blu-ray.

Just wondering, where would a landlocked state like Wyoming put an aircraft carrier...

post #3215 of 3245 Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancmjr View Post

When I saw that this thread had been resurrected I thought initially it would be an announcement about both seasons being released on Blu-ray.

Just wondering, where would a landlocked state like Wyoming put an aircraft carrier...

Jackson Lake?
post #3216 of 3245 Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 PM

LOL my buddy emailed the exact same question~

The answer is.... THEY WILL PUT HUGE WHEELS ON IT. DUH.

That way they can use it for "Gunboat Diplomacy" against Colorado. And they can patrol WY in a box pattern.

Quote:

Jackson Lake?

post #3217 of 3245 Old 02-26-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancmjr View Post

How would a scarcely populated, landlocked state like Wyoming find enough people to implement a multifaceted defense force? One that could match up to larger states or international invasion? The District of Columbia posses a larger population than Wyoming (617,996 to 568,158 respectively).
post #3218 of 3245 Old 02-26-2012, 09:35 PM

Shoot, RHODE ISLAND has Wyoming beat 2 to 1 then!
post #3219 of 3245 Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Well obviously, Wyoming's lack of large metropolitan cities is an advantage in this scenario. The entire state of Rhode Island is going down when Boston does, and likewise for Washington D.C. with Baltimore (assuming DC itself isn't a target, which is likely).

post #3220 of 3245 Old 02-26-2012, 11:35 PM

Trust me, RI has been going down the rat hole for a VERY long time. No one is better at it. And it will never reach the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

Well obviously, Wyoming's lack of large metropolitan cities is an advantage in this scenario. The entire state of Rhode Island is going down when Boston does, and likewise for Washington D.C. with Baltimore (assuming DC itself isn't a target, which is likely).

post #3221 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
TV Guide reports that it has confirmed that Netflix has approached CBS to discuss reviving Jericho. Jericho was canceled, famously saved, and ultimately canceled again after an abbreviated second season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ericho/131699/

Argee
post #3222 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 122
That would be nice..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #3223 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I guess it's possible. A couple of the main actors are regulars on other network shows right now.
post #3224 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 11:29 AM

Throw some money at Joss and let's get Buffy Season 7 & 8 filmed from the comic books.
post #3225 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

TV Guide reports that it has confirmed that Netflix has approached CBS to discuss reviving Jericho. Jericho was canceled, famously saved, and ultimately canceled again after an abbreviated second season.

Yeah, this makes me want to cry if true, please!
post #3226 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
post #3227 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

Well, it's perfect for them. A "cult favorite". The audience was never large, but it was fanatical. Signing up new subscribers is the name of the game for them just like premium cable networks, so you never know. They couldn't do it on the cheap, though, with all that outdoor, location filming.

Now if they ever decide to revive Firefly and Nathan Fillian could get out of his 'Castle' contract, that would be the shiniest thing.
post #3228 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

I guess it's possible. A couple of the main actors are regulars on other network shows right now.

With the Netflix model, that may not be an issue. I recall reading a while back that Mitch Hurwitz & Co planned on being able to work around the varying schedules of the Arrested Development cast for its return via Netflix. At the time, Will Arnett was still working on Up All Night (althogh that may not be returning, meaning lots of time for Gob), Tony Hale on HBO's VEEP as well as other TV/movie projects in the works for several other cast members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Well, it's perfect for them. A "cult favorite". The audience was never large, but it was fanatical. Signing up new subscribers is the name of the game for them just like premium cable networks, so you never know. They couldn't do it on the cheap, though, with all that outdoor, location filming.

Now if they ever decide to revive Firefly and Nathan Fillian could get out of his 'Castle' contract, that would be the shiniest thing.

Jericho, AD & Firefly. That's a great combo for Netflix to resurrect from the dead. And why couldn't Fillion do new, streaming Firefly work during his CASTLE down time? Not like he'd be on a competing broadcast network.

Hell, if AVENGERS does as much as expected, maybe Whedon will have the industry cred to get that going

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #3229 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

NUTS!
I would love it.

Awesome...
post #3230 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

Jericho, AD & Firefly. That's a great combo for Netflix to resurrect from the dead. And why couldn't Fillion do new, streaming Firefly work during his CASTLE down time? Not like he'd be on a competing broadcast network.

He's on record as saying if they can figure out a way, he's in. All of 'em say it's the best time they ever had.
post #3231 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:

Hell, if AVENGERS does as much as expected, maybe Whedon will have the industry cred to get that going

Yeah, I would love some more Buffy/Angel/Harmony/Faith/Illryia/Dawn type of one shot or spin off series to get off the ground.

Season 2 of Dollhouse was incredible.
post #3232 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi View Post

Season 2 of Dollhouse was incredible.

I agree. Never understood the lack of respect for 'Dollhouse'. I thought it was brilliant and enjoyed every hour. It did really take off in that second season though, once they completely abandoned the "doll seduction of the week" format and it became the hard-core fully-serialized sci-fi powerhouse it was meant to be. Much like 'Fringe' has done.
post #3233 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I agree. Never understood the lack of respect for 'Dollhouse'. I thought it was brilliant and enjoyed every hour. It did really take off in that second season though, once they completely abandoned the "doll seduction of the week" format and it became the hard-core fully-serialized sci-fi powerhouse it was meant to be. Much like 'Fringe' has done.

Dushku, that was a major problem with it for me, she's a terrible actress in my opinion and putting her in a role where she played multiple personalities just compounded the problem.
post #3234 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

NUTS!
I would love it.

Sign me up, I'll watch more Jericho!

The problem with most of these shows being discussed though (Jericho, Dollhouse, Firefly, and even Arrested Development) is that the writers would have a tough time rebooting them. Nearly all ended with wrapped up series finales, even Jericho. Firefly had Serenity.

post #3235 of 3245 Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

Sign me up, I'll watch more Jericho!

The problem with most of these shows being discussed though (Jericho, Dollhouse, Firefly, and even Arrested Development) is that the writers would have a tough time rebooting them. Nearly all ended with wrapped up series finales, even Jericho. Firefly had Serenity.

While the AD story essentially ended, albeit in a rather rushed manner, there would have been, should have been and now certainly will be more Bluth tales to tell. Just because George Sr once again escaped the law doesn't mean there is nothing left to explore.

While the plans seem to have changed since the initial AD/Netflix news, the original concept I had read about was for the Netflix series to recap what each of the main Bluths had been up to in the last 5 years, one character per ep. The series would lead into the point that the entire clan was reunited. Then, queue the AD movie.

At this point, it looks like it will be more along the lines of a traditional season. Have not heard if the film is still in the plan or not. I say skip the movie and if the new AD season is successful....just make more!

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #3236 of 3245 Old 05-02-2012, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Dollhouse lost it cause season 1 was all over the place. Season 2 was much better and more focused. As someone else said, Dushku also did not have the range to play all these different incarnations of her character week to week. They all came off the same.

I saw an interview with Fillion in the last year and he said if he ever won the lottery he would spend the money to buy the rights to Firefly and start it back up. he's definitely in if it ever happens.
post #3237 of 3245 Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Dushku, that was a major problem with it for me, she's a terrible actress in my opinion and putting her in a role where she played multiple personalities just compounded the problem.

Yeah, she's not the strongest actress in the 'verse, but sure is nice to look at which somewhat mitigated her shortcomings for me. Anyway, that didn't bother me too much as the rest of the cast was strong and the plotline was compelling. I hoped for a longer run.
post #3238 of 3245 Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Dollhouse was great but I'm satisfied with the way it ended. The cancellation (with sufficient notice) might have actually been a good thing because it lead to a great season 2. I'm sure it wouldn't have been nearly as good had all of that happened over the course of 4 seasons instead of one. It's one of the few shows out there that not only has an ending, but a really good and satisfying ending.

Jericho I could go either way on. I loved the show when it was on but I've forgotten what happened at the end anyway so I'm not exactly itching for it. I'd watch, of course.

As far as Firefly goes, it sounds like all the talk about it is just conjecture by people here so I'm not getting my hopes up. That's probably for the better as I've finally made peace with it, but if talks about bringing that back get serious and then it doesn't happen it would be crushing.

XBL & PSN: Vcize

Hit me up on XBL if you're going to be playing CoD Ghosts or the PS Vita

post #3239 of 3245 Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

I saw an interview with Fillion in the last year and he said if he ever won the lottery he would spend the money to buy the rights to Firefly and start it back up. he's definitely in if it ever happens.

IIRC, that was an EW interview/feature on Fillion. I read that too.

If Nathan doesn't hit the Mega Millions numbers any time soon, I think his buddy Joss Whedon did pick the right numbers for the Avengers lotto & could kick in to assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGel View Post

Jericho I could go either way on. I loved the show when it was on but I've forgotten what happened at the end anyway so I'm not exactly itching for it. I'd watch, of course.

My memories are hazy, too - although I recall the end to both feel & look rather rushed. But it sounds like there are plenty of fans with more clear memories, based on the claims Netflix has made regarding the streaming viewership.

post #3240 of 3245 Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

If Nathan doesn't hit the Mega Millions numbers any time soon, I think his buddy Joss Whedon did pick the right numbers for the Avengers lotto & could kick in to assist.

I wonder how life will change for Joss now that he's going to be rich? Will he ever go back to TV?
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page