Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 851 Old 03-27-2007, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Moran View Post

We read the post, but it just doesn't seem plausible within current and past superboy/superman lore. Especially the part about him becoming "more" invulnerable as he ages due to increased exposure to the sun's rays. If this were true whrn he enters a red sun planet why does he lose his powers instantly, even as adult superman?

Could be the same thing that happens when your muscles atrophy(?) when you're in space to long - and when you return to earth, the force of gravity is too much to handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 851 Old 03-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

since we've got a lull in new episodes for a while..

Has anybody seen any of the Smallville dvds? If so, any extras on any of them that might be worth having a look?

I have the season 5 HD-DVD set. One of my favorite extras is the producers' commentary track on the episode that parodies 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'. I thought it was a fun filler episode, but they said how it was one of their least favorite episodes ever, which is why they decided to do commentary on it. It wasn't until they were in post that they went back and shot the Chloe bookend/voice-over scenes that it started to work. They also commented about how for the costume party they intentionally made Chloe look as much like Veronica Mars as possible.

A fun, interesting forty minutes of commentary.

Duane
post #633 of 851 Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Cool. I didn't realize that they were putting Smallville out on HD-DVD. Thanks for the feedback. Feel free to drop some more notes on us should you (or anyone) get a hold of any more (SD-DVDs or HD-DVDs).

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #634 of 851 Old 03-27-2007, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Last year then Smallville was on The WB we here in MI had that same problem with sports, basketball, baseball preempting the show. I wrote the station as asked if they could not just run the west coast feed, since it started just about the time the game ended, but no. The felt compelled to run the 50th rerun of According to Jim or some other crap.
post #635 of 851 Old 03-28-2007, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

lol. I've always wondered just exactly who watches Life According to Jim? It's one of those series that seems to stick around forever, never getting cancelled, yet, you never really hear people talking about it enthusiastically.

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #636 of 851 Old 04-15-2007, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Just saw this article on Yahoo.

Spoilers:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn...YdUd4QhUqAo9EF

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
My guess is Chloe although I'd be very happy if it was Lana.
post #637 of 851 Old 04-16-2007, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post

Just saw this article on Yahoo.

Spoilers:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn...YdUd4QhUqAo9EF

Spoiler  
My guess is Chloe although I'd be very happy if it was Lana.

We can only hope.
post #638 of 851 Old 04-16-2007, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Was last week a new episode or is this Thursday (4/19) the new first new one in awhile?

post #639 of 851 Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 AM

Last week was the "Lois and her red kryptonite lipstick" episode...
post #640 of 851 Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Was last week a new episode or is this Thursday (4/19) the new first new one in awhile?

This week is the new episode.
post #641 of 851 Old 04-16-2007, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post

This week is the new episode.

Shew, didn't set the DVR last week and I freaked out when I saw the promo, thought I missed an episode. Not that it matters or anything.

post #642 of 851 Old 04-16-2007, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

It's looking more and more like it will be...
Spoiler  
Lana who gets killed off. The method appears to be another vehicle accident. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if this "death" turns out to be another smokescreen. For example, it could be that Lana's death is faked in order to get her away from either Lex or Lionel.

ET Canada today or yesterday reportedly named the actor/character I listed in my hidden spoiler section as the character which is getting killed off, so it looks like the source may be coming from the show's publicity machine, and if so, it reinforces my educated hunch that it won't be a permanent death, but could very likely be one in which (at minimum) it significantly lessens the character's appearances next season. bank on it.

post #643 of 851 Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

ok, forget the "bank on it" bit. I'm feeling my oats today.

post #644 of 851 Old 04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Lots of plot movement tonight. Does anyone really believe that Lex fed hormones to Lana to 'fake' a birth, or do you still have a sneaky suspicion there is a new meteor freak out there with Lana's DNA? Either way a pretty nasty way to get Lana to marry him. Usually its the woman who 'fakes the pregnancy' to see the guy to marry her. (Just kidding for the women reading the thread).

Were those border 'superpowers' Chloe used to fight her way out of the hospital with her mom? We still don't know what HER powers are. I don't think being controlled by her mother would be considered a meteor freak power. I still think it is a computer freak power, but she sure pushed that guard around.

At any rate, a fun episode for my money, I like it when the plot moves along. It seems the 'war' is ready to start, maybe even in the next episode if the teaser is correct.

John M
post #645 of 851 Old 04-19-2007, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartinko View Post

Usually its the woman who 'fakes the pregnancy' to see the guy to marry her. (Just kidding for the women reading the thread).

I don't think you have to say you were just kidding. I'm not sure I've even heard of a man faking a pregnancy.
post #646 of 851 Old 04-19-2007, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

i know it isn't just me...but has anyone else that has watched all the seasons noticed that whenever they come back from a long layoff (5+ weeks) they always do a "moral of the week" or "message" episode??

Last year it was drugs or whatever..and this year it's paralysis.
post #647 of 851 Old 04-19-2007, 09:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I don't think you have to say you were just kidding. I'm not sure I've even heard of a man faking a pregnancy.

I haven't hear of this before either, but I figured there are so few women in the forum that there was no point in possibly offending any of them. It was indeed a pretty strange plot twist for most shows, although not really all that 'unexpected' from Lex's character.

John M
post #648 of 851 Old 04-19-2007, 11:02 PM

Once again, Smallville and Supernatural were pre-empted in Chicago for the Cubs game. No complaints, at least they won!

However does anyone know when the rerun date is? Saturday again?
post #649 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Advanced Member

Did the comic book thing feel like a teaser for a spin-off series for Chloe and the JLA to anyone else? It certainly seems like Chloe is in an increasingly dangerous position relative to Lex and perhaps it is time for her to get out of Dodge, I mean Metropolis. I could see her relocating to Star City since that it probably where her mom is being sent and starting to work more actively with Oliver Queen on a cure.

Oh, and has Smallville suddenly become a suburb of Metropolis? Chloe seemed to be back living in the apartment over The Talon and 'commuting' to Metropolis. I thought back in Season 1 the two towns were about three hours apart. Quite a daily commute!

Also, where did Clark get the shiny new Toyota Tundra? Has his Mom, the state senator, started to accept payola or has Clark started to crush more lumps of coal

Duane
post #650 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post

Did the comic book thing feel like a teaser for a spin-off series for Chloe and the JLA to anyone else? It certainly seems like Chloe is in an increasingly dangerous position relative to Lex and perhaps it is time for her to get out of Dodge, I mean Metropolis. I could see her relocating to Star City since that it probably where her mom is being sent and starting to work more actively with Oliver Queen on a cure.

Also, where did Clark get the shiny new Toyota Tundra? Has his Mom, the state senator, started to accept payola or has Clark started to crush more lumps of coal

Duane

The comic book thing seemed to be sponsored by Scion (the "hip" division of Toyota). The brand new Tundra also seemed to be nothing more than an ad placement. First with the straight-ahead oncoming shot of the Toyota logo on the grill, followed up by a closeup of the Tundra badge on the door as Chloe got out.

Nothing like shoving product placement down the viewer's throats.
post #651 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 06:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensDevil View Post

The comic book thing seemed to be sponsored by Scion (the "hip" division of Toyota). The brand new Tundra also seemed to be nothing more than an ad placement. First with the straight-ahead oncoming shot of the Toyota logo on the grill, followed up by a closeup of the Tundra badge on the door as Chloe got out.

Better get used to it. Product placement for cars is just the first wave, and the most obvious. But we'll be seeing more and more of it as DVR's increase their market penetration. I kinda' understand why, but if it's so clumsily obvious, then it has the potential to take you out of the story.
post #652 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartinko View Post

Lots of plot movement tonight. Does anyone really believe that Lex fed hormones to Lana to 'fake' a birth, or do you still have a sneaky suspicion there is a new meteor freak out there with Lana's DNA? Either way a pretty nasty way to get Lana to marry him. Usually its the woman who 'fakes the pregnancy' to see the guy to marry her. (Just kidding for the women reading the thread).

Were those border 'superpowers' Chloe used to fight her way out of the hospital with her mom? We still don't know what HER powers are. I don't think being controlled by her mother would be considered a meteor freak power. I still think it is a computer freak power, but she sure pushed that guard around.

At any rate, a fun episode for my money, I like it when the plot moves along. It seems the 'war' is ready to start, maybe even in the next episode if the teaser is correct.

I'm still believing that Lex is using Lana more for experimental purposes rather than just to get back at Clark. But then again, the Lex we all know and loathe from the comics is a genius with more than a touch of madness, but who knows?
post #653 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Better get used to it. Product placement for cars is just the first wave, and the most obvious. But we'll be seeing more and more of it as DVR's increase their market penetration. I kinda' understand why, but if it's so clumsily obvious, then it has the potential to take you out of the story.

I think the over-abundance of commercials have already taken me out of the story...
post #654 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 08:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Duane

I am sure it is the result of the life insurance payoffs from the death of his dad. Expect a plug for Company X Life Insurance in one of the upcoming episodes.

John M
post #655 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 09:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
(From Marc Berman's Friday, April 20, 2007, Programming Insider column and blog at Mediaweek.com )
http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...451/m/12210174

CBS' Survivor: Fiji won the 8 p.m. hour, with 13.21 million viewers and a 4.4 rating/13 share among adults 18-49.Second behind Survivor was Fox's durable Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, with 9.70 million viewers and a 3.2/10 among adults 18-49. Also in the 8 p.m. hour were NBC's My Name is Earl (Viewers: #4, 7.15 million; A18-49: #2, 3.0/10) and a repeat of The Office (Viewers: #4, 6.26 million; A18-49: #4, 3.0/ 9), and Smallville on The CW (Viewers: #5, 4.03 million; A18-49: #5, 1.7/ 5).

Source: Nielsen Media Research data
post #656 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampz26 View Post

Once again, Smallville and Supernatural were pre-empted in Chicago for the Cubs game. No complaints, at least they won!

However does anyone know when the rerun date is? Saturday again?

yes, 7pm this Saturday in scrunched up letterboxed format.

post #657 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

Also, where did Clark get the shiny new Toyota Tundra?

Probably the same place that Chloe, Lana, and Lois got shiny brand new cars in previous seasons!
post #658 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensDevil View Post

Wow. So if I bought a Tundra, I would just like Clark Kent? Continuously surrounded by hot chicks, but every crazy person in the world trying to kill me (including, on numerous occasions, the afore said 'hot chicks)? Wow. Well, maybe I am happier and a lot safer just keeping my FX-35.

Duane
post #659 of 851 Old 04-20-2007, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I usually don't have too much of a problem with PP, but it should make sense. The Kent's have always had older beat up work trucks like you would find on a farm, not shiny new Tundras. Who knows, perhaps Clark is selling all the corn production for ethanol, and the Kent farm is rolling in $$$.
post #660 of 851 Old 04-21-2007, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I usually don't have too much of a problem with PP, but it should make sense. The Kent's have always had older beat up work trucks like you would find on a farm, not shiny new Tundras. Who knows, perhaps Clark is selling all the corn production for ethanol, and the Kent farm is rolling in $$$.

I was thinking the same thing!

HD ON THE BRAIN!!
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page