Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 851 Old 07-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Since this is the Season 6 thread, I thought I would pass along to anyone who doesn't know, starting today Season 6 is available for preorder from Amazon in both Blu-ray and HD-Dvd.

Duane
post #843 of 851 Old 07-14-2007, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux23 View Post

Have you seen last season?

Fair point!

I was trying not to go quite there... All-told.. I thought Season 1 started slowly... then they hit their rhythm by the end... Seasons 2-5 were generally of increasing quality... but Season 6 was not as good to me as previous seasons... so I have concerns over Season 7.

I still look forward to watching, but not with the same sense of wonder as some earlier seasons.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #844 of 851 Old 09-10-2007, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Here are a couple pictures of supergirl appearing in an upcoming episode.
LL
LL

post #845 of 851 Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
She looks PO'd at somebody. I hope she smiles occasionally on the show.

Only a few more weeks until Lana is brought back to life, along with Chloe etc................

John M
post #846 of 851 Old 09-10-2007, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartinko View Post

She looks PO'd at somebody. I hope she smiles occasionally on the show.

Look who's talking.

I think they could've done better. I liked the old "Kara".
post #847 of 851 Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
I didn’t get onto Smallville until last spring, when I saw the last several episodes from Season 6. Since then, I have been able to catch reruns from Seasons 1 and 2, as well as season 6.

I think the writing on the show has been excellent. I watched “Superman Returns” on HBO HD yesterday with my teenaged grandson. We had also seen it in the theater. We loved it both times. As we were watching the movie, I was reminded of how much subtlety there is in Smallville.

Instead of Lex Luthor being an over-the-top comic madman, as he was wonderfully portrayed as being by both Kevin Spacey in the latest film and by Gene Hackman in Superman I, he is a much more nuanced guy on Smallville. I also think that Clark’s anguished attempts to hold the secret of his powers close in order to protect his friends have been well handled on the series.

I have also enjoyed the Clark-Lana-Chloe triangle. Clark’s anguished pursuit of Lana while he cluelessly ignored that the lovely Chloe was pining for him was kind of sad. That was made more understandable, though, when Chloe threw Clark under the bus by supporting his opponent for class president because of her “journalistic ethics.” In some ways I think this guaranteed that Clark would never reciprocate Chloe’s romantic feelings because Clark feared her driven careerism would always manage to come between them.

Unlike some others, I thought that a lot of Season 6 was the equal of what I have seen of earlier seasons. I particularly appreciated the delicious irony of Lana’s false pregnancy and marriage to Lex, which she entered into only to protect Clark.

In short, Smallville is a surprisingly smart and subtle series with more than its share of ambiguous characters and relationships.
post #848 of 851 Old 09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Look who's talking.

I think they could've done better. I liked the old "Kara".

Pay me the kind of money those stars make and I will smile too.

John M
post #849 of 851 Old 09-10-2007, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Not really looking forward to Supergirl, especially if this is supposed to be the last season.. there are too many other issues and characters that need to be attended to in this series to shoe horn in another (possibly) major character before the series ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

....................In short, Smallville is a surprisingly smart and subtle series with more than its share of ambiguous characters and relationships.

You're not going to win many friends on this forum with talk like that. I tend to sympathize with your opinion, or at least, I think there is too much knit picking of SV, so I say screw the rest of these forum chumps.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #850 of 851 Old 09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

You're not going to win many friends on this forum with talk like that. I tend to sympathize with your opinion, or at least, I think there is too much knit picking of SV, so I say screw the rest of these forum chumps.

Thanks. I tend not to think very highly of the judgment of folks who come to threads like this one only to post negative remark after negative remark. If they don't like the show, then why do they continue to read the thread? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I only started watching Smallville in the first place because I learned I could use my TiVo Series3 to record The CW's HD shows OTA. At the time OTA was the only game in town because the owners of The CW affiliate and Cox OKC were in a dispute over carriage rights of their DT channel. The rest is history.
post #851 of 851 Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Why does Supergirl look like a cyborg? :/

"Guns? Guns are easy."
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page