post #811 of 6863 Old 11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

At the very least Lila could do something to injure Rita and/or kids, which would also be justification for beheading Lila.

Lila on the table wrapped in plastic warp, now there's a scene.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 6863 Old 11-28-2007, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Assuming the promised reconciliation with Lovely Rita takes place, (BTW, great aside from the G-Man: "Communication is the key.") then I don't think Lila actually has to harm her or the kids.

A mere threat or attempt on the part of Lila would be enough for Dex to take her out.

He has to be careful there though. As a known ex-paramour, he would be strongly looked at as a suspect in any homicide investigation into her disappearance.

Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
XBL & PSN GT: ProjectGemini07

post #813 of 6863 Old 11-28-2007, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post

Lila on the table wrapped in plastic warp, now there's a scene.

we have already seen her breasts. Rita on the table, wrapped in plastic, thanks. haha
post #814 of 6863 Old 11-28-2007, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungC55 View Post

we have already seen her breasts. Rita on the table, wrapped in plastic, thanks. haha

I wonder how she would say "pardon my tits" in this scenario...

Bobby 

post #815 of 6863 Old 11-28-2007, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

I wonder how she would say "pardon my tits" in this scenario...

What a great line...
post #816 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Dexter and Deb?

Plot twists aside for the moment in favor of a possible real life shocker. Today's (11/29) "Miami Herald" ran the following:

"Michael C Hall, the lead on "Dexter", about a serial killing blood splatter analyst at the so-called Miami Metro Police Department, has been linked to costar Jennifer Carpenter, who plays his sister. Ew. Foster sister -- but still..."

B
post #817 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Originally Posted by perilous View Post
All good points; however, what WAS disappointing to me (and my 16-year old son who loves the show with me) was how easily Dexter IN HANDCUFFS overpowers a Special Forces guy with a gun!!!!! PLEEEEEASE!!!!

Other wise, if I can get over that, the rest was pretty awesome....

Yep thought I was the only one to notice that. They did show last season in the finale however that Dex can go toe to toe with Doakes in hand to hand.

Something is being missed here. Dexter outsmarted Doakes. Dexter knows Doakes won't shoot Dex:

If Doakes killed Dex, then he would never get the satisfaction of seeing Dex exposed. Also, Doakes would definitely go down for Dex's murder and all of Dex's crimes.

Even if Doakes had blew out a kneecap or two of Dex, it would eventually come back to Doakes and put more suspicion on Doakes.

IMHO, there was no way Doakes was going to shoot Dex and Dex knew it and took advantage of it. That is why Dex was able to close ground on Doakes and knock the gun away.
post #818 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 12:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 168

Look at that smiling, happy face. Look at it! Does that look like a person who would knee-cap or harm anyone in any way? Come on now!

Now this sadistic, emotionless bastard on the other hand...

post #819 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostwald View Post

Maybe I've watched too much Colombo, but it always seems like the more a suspect tries to throw off the clever detective, the more readily they get caught.

Except those TV shows featured the clever detective as the star and these types of shows aired on watered-down-good-guy-always-wins-morality-for-the-masses network TV. Then again, Moriarty was trumped by Sherlock Holmes' keen instincts (even though Sherlock didn't win them all) so its not like movies and/or network TV invented the 'good guys always win' narrative. That's why we need networks like HBO and Showtime so we can get twisted shows like "The Sopranos," "Deadwood," "Brotherhood" and particularly "Dexter" that exploit the more dramatically-rich realms of the anti-hero as a likable lead character genre. "Dexter" just happens to be performing this function at the moment with prime near-perfection, just as "Sopranos" and "Deadwood" did in their heyday.
post #820 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 01:57 PM

I can watch that "I own you" gif over and over and over. Hilarious! It's especially funny how he casually walks out of the room with his hands in his pockets.
post #821 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbjr View Post

Dexter and Deb?

Plot twists aside for the moment in favor of a possible real life shocker. Today's (11/29) "Miami Herald" ran the following:

"Michael C Hall, the lead on "Dexter", about a serial killing blood splatter analyst at the so-called Miami Metro Police Department, has been linked to costar Jennifer Carpenter, who plays his sister. Ew. Foster sister -- but still..."

This is funny except that it's so obvious that Deb is Dex's half sister, both are fathered by Harry, different mothers. Dex and ITK are then thus half brothers, as ITK's dad is NOT Harry (this is why Harry didn't pick up ITK at the crime scene where their mom died).

It hasn't all been explained out (yet), but we know Harry was sleeping with Dex's mom. It makes perfect sense that Dex was Harry's kid and that is why Harry adopted him.
post #822 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:

This is funny except that it's so obvious that Deb is Dex's half sister, both are fathered by Harry, different mothers. Dex and ITK are then thus half brothers, as ITK's dad is NOT Harry (this is why Harry didn't pick up ITK at the crime scene where their mom died).

It hasn't all been explained out (yet), but we know Harry was sleeping with Dex's mom. It makes perfect sense that Dex was Harry's kid and that is why Harry adopted him.

Except the DNA test done in the first season says otherwise.
post #823 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrazy88 View Post

Except the DNA test done in the first season says otherwise.

What DNA test? I don't recall a DNA test proving that Dexter is not the son of Harry, let alone the half-biological sister of Deb.
post #824 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 08:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

In Season 1 episode "Father Knows Best" Dexter and Rita go to another city in Florida to clean the house of a deceased man that authorities notified Dexter claimed in his will was his son. Dex visits the local morgue, draws DNA from the remains of the man, draws a sample of his own blood and sends both samples to Masuka overnight for DNA analysis. Later on the episode Deborah tells Dex that Masuka called to tell her brother that both DNA samples were a match (allowing Deb to coin the now-classic term 'Bio Dad' when referring to Dex's natural father). In flashbacks throughout the episode we see Harry dealing with a young Dex in need of a blood transfussion and thanking the man that donated the blood with a 'Thank You' card (which appears among the leftover stuff in the dead man's home). Dex also has flashbacks of himself as a toddler looking at his 'Bio Dad's' right arm while driving and seeing a tattoo that matches the tattoo found on the body that Dexter draws blood from for his DNA comparison.

Bottom line is that the show's cannon has clearly established Dex's biological father isn't Harry but a civilian man that died without involving himself in Dex's post-Mom's murder life. Whether any future episode will flesh out the relationship between Harry Morgan and Dex's 'Bio Dad' ('Father Knows Best' clearly established these men physically met at least twice, once for a blood donation to help Dex and a 2nd time for Harry to give 'Bio Dad' Dex's 'Thank You' card) remains to be seen. The writers have wiggle room to add dramatic plot twists about who 'Bio Dad' was (and/or his relationship to Dex's Mom, Jimenez, Deb's mom or pretty much anybody). But making Harry Dex's biological father would betray everything the show has built up to now by crossing over the 'BULLS***' threshold meter big time.
post #825 of 6863 Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

In Season 1 episode "Father Knows Best" Dexter and Rita go to another city in Florida to clean the house of a deceased man that authorities notified Dexter claimed in his will was his son. Dex visits the local morgue, draws DNA from the remains of the man, draws a sample of his own blood and sends both samples to Masuka overnight for DNA analysis. Later on the episode Deborah tells Dex that Masuka called to tell her brother that both DNA samples were a match (allowing Deb to coin the now-classic term 'Bio Dad' when referring to Dex's natural father). In flashbacks throughout the episode we see Harry dealing with a young Dex in need of a blood transfussion and thanking the man that donated the blood with a 'Thank You' card (which appears among the leftover stuff in the dead man's home). Dex also has flashbacks of himself as a toddler looking at his 'Bio Dad's' right arm while driving and seeing a tattoo that matches the tattoo found on the body that Dexter draws blood from for his DNA comparison.

Bottom line is that the show's cannon has clearly established Dex's biological father isn't Harry but a civilian man that died without involving himself in Dex's post-Mom's murder life. Whether any future episode will flesh out the relationship between Harry Morgan and Dex's 'Bio Dad' ('Father Knows Best' clearly established these men physically met at least twice, once for a blood donation to help Dex and a 2nd time for Harry to give 'Bio Dad' Dex's 'Thank You' card) remains to be seen. The writers have wiggle room to add dramatic plot twists about who 'Bio Dad' was (and/or his relationship to Dex's Mom, Jimenez, Deb's mom or pretty much anybody). But making Harry Dex's biological father would betray everything the show has built up to now by crossing over the 'BULLS***' threshold meter big time.

Thanks, now I remember, how quickly we (I) forget with the Dex-Lila-Rita drama and Lundy-Deb nastiness going on.

Doesn't rule out the possibility that Harry is the biological father of ITK though.
post #826 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 07:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbjr View Post

"Michael C Hall, the lead on "Dexter", about a serial killing blood splatter analyst at the so-called Miami Metro Police Department, has been linked to costar Jennifer Carpenter, who plays his sister.

I've been trying to find this for several days, but it's not on the Miami Herald web site nor does any information show up about either party in Google.

Do you have a link to the article online?
post #827 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 07:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:

Doesn't rule out the possibility that Harry is the biological father of ITK though.

Extremely doubtful, or Harry would have tried to save him too. What father abandons his own son and adopts someone elses?
post #828 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 08:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ Uhh, the type of father that would train his emotionally-scarred adopted son to become a careful and undected serial killer? Even if Dexter only targets criminals what Harry did to shape young Dex into what he's become was nothing short of monstruous!
post #829 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

^^^ Uhh, the type of father that would train his emotionally-scarred adopted son to become a careful and undected serial killer? Even if Dexter only targets criminals what Harry did to shape young Dex into what he's become was nothing short of monstruous!

Well, even if true that still doesn't negate my point; he wouldn't have chosen a non-biological son over his own. And I'm kind of surprised at that post anyway, dad. Surely, being as big a fan of the show as you are, you know that Dexter already had those killer impulses; that's the central theme of the character. Harry just shaped and directed them into a more "acceptable" form and taught him survival skills that are applicable in that world.
post #830 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Well, even if true that still doesn't negate my point; he wouldn't have chosen a non-biological son over his own. And I'm kind of surprised at that post anyway, dad. Surely, being as big a fan of the show as you are, you know that Dexter already had those killer impulses; that's the central theme of the character. Harry just shaped and directed them into a more "acceptable" form and taught him survival skills that are applicable in that world.

Nice try. Ever look into a career in public relations?
post #831 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 09:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Or as the spokesperson for a politician? Just because I love the show to death doesn't obscure the fact that, at its core, both Dex and Harry did something horrific that we'd all cringe if it happened in real life. As dramatic TV it can't be beat, but in reality we'd all be cheering Doakes for tracking down and almost catching Dex before he kills again (even Lila, who is messed-up but has as much right to live as Dex).
post #832 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Just because I love the show to death doesn't obscure the fact that, at its core, both Dex and Harry did something horrific that we'd all cringe if it happened in real life.

Perhaps, but Harry's motives were pure, at least. He was trying to save this kid who was seriously frakked up by channeling his instincts into something that would at least benefit society, i.e. taking out really bad guys who had evaded the judicial system so they couldn't do more bad stuff to more innocent people. Harry knew Dexter couldn't change who he was, couldn't reject the "dark passenger" any more than he could cut off his arm. Teaching Dex the survival skills he would need to continue to live in this world seems more paternal, and humane, than horrific. The only thing that Harry did that would justify that term was using his girlfriend/lover as unsuspecting bait to catch a bad guy, with horrific results.

At any rate, arguing about Harry's motives doesn't remove the fact that he would never reject his biological son in favor of one who wasn't, nor would virtually anyone.
post #833 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Perhaps, but Harry's motives were pure, at least. He was trying to save this kid who was seriously frakked up by channeling his instincts into something that would at least benefit society, i.e. taking out really bad guys who had evaded the judicial system so they couldn't do more bad stuff to more innocent people. Harry knew Dexter couldn't change who he was, couldn't reject the "dark passenger" any more than he could cut off his arm. Teaching Dex the survival skills he would need to continue to live in this world seems more paternal, and humane, than horrific.

At any rate, arguing about Harry's motives doesn't remove the fact that he would never reject his biological son in favor of one who wasn't, nor would virtually anyone.

Remember boys and girls, Lundy has pointed out that there are two moral justifications for killing someone. Self-defense and to save an innocent life. Harry just channelled Dexter's "interests" into a productive and justifiable reality and taught him how to avoid the social/legal consequences of morally just but socially illegal actions. Another thing to keep in mind is that Dexter is fictional TV, not a reality show.
post #834 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

http://www.variety.com/graphics/photos/weekend/pushy_erikking.jpg

Look at that smiling, happy face. Look at it! Does that look like a person who would knee-cap or harm anyone in any way? Come on now!

Now this sadistic, emotionless bastard on the other hand...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...dexter-PIM.gif

good post.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post

Hilarious! It's especially funny how he casually walks out of the room with his hands in his pockets.

ha
post #835 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 07:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 452
I returned from a 10 day Thanksgiving trip with family earlier this week. Our far outpost was Miami, so seeing the two Dexter episodes I had missed when I was gone was an even bigger treat than it usually is. Dexter is the best thing on TV these days, hands down.

Deb becomes more and more interesting to me. She has world-class self esteem issues, along with a potty mouth and a big time anger management problem. Nevertheless, it's easy to understand why these weaknesses, coupled with her daddy issues, might appeal to a bright older guy like Lundy. Debra's pathological neediness is the sort of thing that might appeal to a fellow like Lundy - and Deb's looks don't hurt, either. I nearly choked when Lundy said something about being 20 years older than Deb. Keith Carradine, who plays Lundy, is actually 30 years older than Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Debra.

I agree with an opinion expressed by others that, one way or another, Lila has to go. I'll hate it, though. Not only is she incredibly sexy, her sheer craziness is appealing in an odd way, although I doubt that Dexter would agree. Dex has to do something about her, if somebody else doesn't do it first.

Dexter's problems with Doakes are inspired television. I have no idea how the writers plan to get Dexter free of his dilemma to either rid himself of Doakes or be exposed as a serial killer but I bet it gets resolved in a way that leaves Dexter unexposed.
post #836 of 6863 Old 11-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I have no idea how the writers plan to get Dexter free of his dilemma to either rid himself of Doakes or be exposed as a serial killer but I bet it gets resolved in a way that leaves Dexter unexposed.

They'll have to find a way.... we don't want a third season with Dex just sitting in jail

forum tennis, look right.........................................forum tennis, look left
post #837 of 6863 Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Deb becomes more and more interesting to me. She has world-class self esteem issues, along with a potty mouth and a big time anger management problem. Nevertheless, it's easy to understand why these weaknesses, coupled with her daddy issues, might appeal to a bright older guy like Lundy. Debra's pathological neediness is the sort of thing that might appeal to a fellow like Lundy - and Deb's looks don't hurt, either.

Sounds alot like what I said earlier that went largely ignored:

Quote:

I think it's pretty clear. Lundy is a control freak and wants some young easy to manipulate tail, hence Deb, who is such a pushover it's not even funny.

Deb wants a father figure, because her dad was too fixated with Dexter to be what Deb needed, so she craves what Harry should have been to her, hence her attraction to older distinguished law enforcement.

I don't think it's any more than that.

Guess we are in agreement.
post #838 of 6863 Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Extremely doubtful, or Harry would have tried to save him too. What father abandons his own son and adopts someone elses?

This assumes Harry knows that ITK may be his own son. He might not. In this show Dexter was led to believe his whole life that Harry didn't know his bio dad, but in fact Harry did and kept it a secret. A secret he took to the grave.

Since we have some evidence that Harry was involved with Dexter's mom, it is possible that ITK was Harry's son but she never told him. I only bring it up because the show just threw out the Harry-Dex's mom affair and just left it hanging. Usually when fictional shows do this, there is more to it (usually children).

Not that is matters because ITK, Harry, and Dex's mom are dead so it's moot point anyways. I guess the only thing that does matter (to me) is why Harry "saved" Dexter and not ITK. There must have been a reason I can't imagine that it was just age or that he could only adopt one kid. It has always felt like there is more to it.
post #839 of 6863 Old 12-02-2007, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungC55 View Post

Julie Benz in 2100x1700 if anyone is interested.

No animals were harmed in the creation of this sentence.
post #840 of 6863 Old 12-02-2007, 01:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ Looks like there's a little bit of Lila in Rita. I knew it after she gave Dex a ** while dressed as Lara Croft in Season 1. SLUT!
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page