post #1171 of 6863 Old 10-06-2008, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

I'm sure someone else can confirm, but we saw Jennifer Carpenter's breasts in this show (With either ITK or the other guy she was with from the gym).

I am going to have to demand proof! who has a Mr. Skin account?

Btw, in Rambo we dont see Julie Benz goods. I think she has been type casted as the innocent well to do pretty girl. Here character was exactly like Rita, only she was a missionary. (the bible thumper, not the position.)

Back on topic. Dexter was amazing. I love where they are going with it. The suspense was killing me during that scene in the rain.

My DVD Collection
GO CHIEFS, WILDCATS, SUNS, DIAMONDBACKS, COYOTES, RATTLERS, AND LUMBERJACKS!
"Asking if an HDTV is too big, is like me asking you if the diamond on your wedding ring is too big." -- My dad's response to my mom's question about my 65" HDTV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 6863 Old 10-06-2008, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
A couple of things I've noted...

MCH is again thinner than the previous season...hairs getting thinner too

Casting him against larger and taller actors (JS) really puts an emphasis on how small and slight he probably is.

The soundtrack music within the episode seems to be recessed further with familiar signature refrains being subtlely different enough for me to miss the way it "should" sound.

I'm not as swept up into the mystery this year. It might be because of waiting a week between episodes. I watched S1 and 2 nearly back to back on DVD and On Demand. The slower pace isn't as fun.

Was Deb doing some egregious cursing last night or what. Writers, it's charming, but please don't abuse it. If used cleverly it's refreshing, but it will lose it's shock value if overused.

Pretty darned good first 2 eps ...

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1173 of 6863 Old 10-06-2008, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I think last night's close call will come back to haunt Dex. The DA will eventually think through the moment (if his brother doesn't beat him to it)
This new unintended close relationship will get nasty.
post #1174 of 6863 Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

A couple of things I've noted...

MCH is again thinner than the previous season...hairs getting thinner too

Casting him against larger and taller actors (JS) really puts an emphasis on how small and slight he probably is.

The soundtrack music within the episode seems to be recessed further with familiar signature refrains being subtlely different enough for me to miss the way it "should" sound.

I'm not as swept up into the mystery this year. It might be because of waiting a week between episodes. I watched S1 and 2 nearly back to back on DVD and On Demand. The slower pace isn't as fun.

Was Deb doing some egregious cursing last night or what. Writers, it's charming, but please don't abuse it. If used cleverly it's refreshing, but it will lose it's shock value if overused.

Pretty darned good first 2 eps ...

Good points. I expect the drama and tension to build substantially in the next few weeks. I suspect you are going to hear more of Deb's mouth. You might get used to it, but they seem resigned to write it into the story as 'who she is'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

I think last night's close call will come back to haunt Dex. The DA will eventually think through the moment (if his brother doesn't beat him to it)

That was a great moment, when Dex came out of the garage to meet Parado. I agree. It will most definitely get more complicated with them. He better watch his back toward the end of season if he (Parado) starts to learn what really happened with his brother too.

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #1175 of 6863 Old 10-06-2008, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post

I suspect you are going to hear more of Deb's mouth. You might get used to it, but they seem resigned to write it into the story as 'who she is'.

I love Deb and her foul mouth probably as much as anybody else. I look forward to it. The scene in the bar when she unloads on the snitch was Deb's mouth on steroids, and, while not out of character, seemed to me that the writer's were loading up a bit much on her vocabulary. As I said...too much of a good thing. I wasn't (and if you knew the way I talk), couldn't be offended by anything she said .

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1176 of 6863 Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

Glad I'm not the only one. The music this season has indeed been "off" compared to the previous two seasons. I don't what it is, but it is noticeable.

Unfortunately, I still can't stand Smits as an actor, and I still want him dead (whether by Dexter's hands or not...doesn't matter). But it doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon.

I don't know what it is exactly, but the first two episodes seem "off" to me, besides the music of course.
post #1177 of 6863 Old 10-06-2008, 06:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

I also noticed this 'dissonance' in the music last night (want to rewatch this episode a second time before commenting on it here) but I think it's intentional. Dexter is going through inner turmoil and the off-key soundtrack reflects this. Remember when Dex started drifting from tracking Freebo in his lab to imagining names for babies (with Harry at the end holding the needle-lookalike toy)? The first thing that caught my attention when Dex started drifting into baby fantasyland was the music slowly going off kilter. Like Dex himself we, viewers of his TV show, are creatures of comfort used to sights/sounds we're comfortable with. It's like the 007 gun barrel opening of Brosnan's "GoldenEye" movie with totally different music than the Bond theme we were used to hearing from all the 007 flicks before it. We're Pavlovian dogs, and right now our master is using different-sounding bells to summon us and we're perplexed (just like Dex in the past two episodes).

Either that or Daniel Licht is just experimenting with the soundtrack after two seasons with sound-alike music to try and come up with new background tunes for the show. Wouldn't blame the guy for trying something new after 24 episodes looping the same (excellent and fitting) BGM soundtrack.
post #1178 of 6863 Old 10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 44
But it's not only the scenes with Dexter though. The music in the scene with Smits and Laguerta also seemed...off. Then again, I thought that whole scene was useless and I wanted it to end, so maybe I was focusing on the music a little too much.

I can handle experimentation on behalf of the composer (like McCreary on BSG past season and half, which I ended up loving), but I dunno. This seems different to me. Like you said, the music in the first two seasons was fantastic, but I'm not feeling it yet.
post #1179 of 6863 Old 10-06-2008, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:

While I believe that it will come back to haunt him, I think Dexter will remember that Prado was there to do the same thing he did.....Also, the blood (which they focused on for a reason I believe) might come back to haunt Prado in the end...Dexter has no motive here, but Prado on the other hand has been visibly upset AND it was his little brother which would give him motive to kill.....

As far as the music goes, I guess I am too focused on the characters, because I don't notice it much if at all (the background music that is).....
post #1180 of 6863 Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

While I believe that it will come back to haunt him, I think Dexter will remember that Prado was there to do the same thing he did.....Also, the blood (which they focused on for a reason I believe) might come back to haunt Prado in the end...Dexter has no motive here, but Prado on the other hand has been visibly upset AND it was his little brother which would give him motive to kill.....

Yep - they did focus in on the shirt blood smear, much like the pear cam shot last season. A not so subtle hint.
post #1181 of 6863 Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:

Lots of folks seem to question her cursing.

My take....Deb tried to curtail her cursing (along with other bad habits), but first she was removed off an important case, has an IA chick following her around, and ran into a dead end with her current case.

Major stress = back to old habits. Plus her outburst got the CI to cave and give some info to aid her case.

Therefore the swearing was a necessary plot device.

Art
post #1182 of 6863 Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 PM

If Deb's character is meant to be extremely annoying and offputting they are doing a real good job of it. It's funny how Dex is always talking about not being human but he has far more developed social skills than Deb.
post #1183 of 6863 Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 AM
t0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by moob View Post

Glad I'm not the only one. The music this season has indeed been "off" compared to the previous two seasons. I don't what it is, but it is noticeable.

I've noticed the music, too. A good score is always important to my enjoyment of a show, and every time I feel like one of the familiar cues is going to hit, the music goes a new direction. I guess I will get used to it, I just don't want to.
post #1184 of 6863 Old 10-08-2008, 04:42 PM

I'm not surprised that Rita is going to keep the baby. The writers sure do like to keep Dexter's life as complicated as possible (even before the baby is born, Dexter is having wild and disturbing images of his future life).

I noticed that the lady from IA did not show her badge to Deb nor did Deb ask to see some ID to confirm her identity(you would think Deb would make sure that the person she is talking to is who she says she is).Is this just some oversight of the writers or is this another plotline that is going to take us somewhere unexpected?
Or am I reading too much into this?

Doug
post #1185 of 6863 Old 10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCinON View Post

I'm not surprised that Rita is going to keep the baby. The writers sure do like to keep Dexter's life as complicated as possible (even before the baby is born, Dexter is having wild and disturbing images of his future life).

I noticed that the lady from IA did not show her badge to Deb nor did Deb ask to see some ID to confirm her identity(you would think Deb would make sure that the person she is talking to is who she says she is).Is this just some oversight of the writers or is this another plotline that is going to take us somewhere unexpected?
Or am I reading too much into this?

Doug

I realize their department is a lot larger than where I work in Virginia but those of us in law enforcement know who the IA officers are without having to see ID.

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
post #1186 of 6863 Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCinON View Post

Is this just some oversight of the writers or is this another plotline that is going to take us somewhere unexpected?

Who knows. But I hope we see more of Liza Lapira as the IA officer. I loved her on "Huff".
post #1187 of 6863 Old 10-08-2008, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

IA sniffing around Deb could be more than an interest in any current case. Left alone is the discussion of how many MPD didn't bite on Doakes as the BHB, such as a departing FBI crew, Laguerta. A developing 2nd angle of attack on Dex?

Lundy was too smart to just walk away with a question mark in his head or not giving a heads up to someone on the way out of town.
post #1188 of 6863 Old 10-12-2008, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I'm really liking this season. First couple episodes of season 2 I thought were lame. Dexter loses his mojo come on, obviously they recovered very quickly in that season.

This season especially tonights with dexter killing the idiot pedophile. Not to mention the IA and ADA plot lines. I don't care for the baby story I hope they have rita miscarry or get attacked with the same result.
post #1189 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Great episode tonight...and I like the Rita pregnant storyline.

post #1190 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 05:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:

Great episode tonight...and I like the Rita pregnant storyline.

I like the Rita's pregnancy thread, too. I laughed out loud when Dexter got a carton of milk for Rita out of the fridge of the guy he had just killed in order to save an extra stop at the supermarket. Now that's what I call time management.
post #1191 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

I liked the way Deb described the baby.
post #1192 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Good episode.
post #1193 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 161
I didn't comment on last week's episode, "Finding Freebo," because the ending left me so startled by it's potential implications for the rest of the season that I wanted to see the next episode to see where we're headed.

Unless I'm mistaken the pedophile that Dexter kills in "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is the first time Dex has executed someone outside of Harry's code (Miguel Prado's brother was an accidental death), which makes this an important turning point for the character. It's a shame that the perp came to Dex (by stalking Astor) because it feels like every other conventional police procedural in which a 'very personal' event needlessly takes over the narrative. Dexter stalking his victims (who had never met him or just casually socialized), pouncing on them and then going through his 'ritual' has been such a staple of the show since the beginning. Oh well, the milk carton pick-up was classic (helped by a momentary return of a very comforting piece of background music from seasons past) and even though they overdid the inner-monologue puns about wild animals (did the title come before the puns or viceversa?) I was nodding while Dex recited them. When Dex comforted Rita that she had nothing to fear from the photographing perp on the beach 'because in a land of predators the lion never fears the jackal' I said to myself 'right on Dex' even though my own best instincts are to judge Dexter to be the bad guy of the series. Damn you Dex, you sympathetic sociopath you!

The "Dexter" writers, like those behind "The Sopranos," are becoming masters of misdirection at the service of our weekly amusement. We were led to believe that Miguel Prado's blood-stained shirt would mean something important down the line (camera focusing on the stain before the credits rolling in "Finding Freebo") and yet the very next episode Dex gets the shirt back from Prado as a sign of his trust. I didn't see it coming because, for Dex's writers, keeping us guessing about character's motives outside of Dex's mind (which we know pretty well) is as important as a sudden plot twist that turns everything on it's ears. Then again, most of Season 2's twists never went the obvious routes either (remember the 'Lundy is a serial killer too' theories? ). Take for example the scene in "Lion..." where Dex fools Debra ('a dog that won't let go of a bone') into finding the flyer of 'missing' Teegan outdoors. This is both a funny and very touching scene because, in her own messed up way, Deb is giving his brother good advice about raising children (which, cumulative, is having an impact on Dex's psyche) while he is just using her to throw the scent away from his Freebo dealings with Prado. Yet when Debra finally sees the flyer Dex lets out an 'it's about time' exclamation that had me rolling in the couch from laughing too hard.

More than any other show in recent memory that I can think of "Dexter" is one of the few TV series that rewards week-to-week viewing by giving viewers plenty of guesses as to where the plot will be headed only to have the next episode go the obvious-and-yet-not-so-obvious way. This is different than shows like "Lost" or "Heroes" that rely on shock/twist endings or plot twists to keep audiences coming back (which eventually leads to them writing themselves into a corner). In "Dexter" most of the stuff that comes out of nowhere feels pretty organic and natural to the lives/characters inhabiting the show (with obvious exceptions like Season 2's finale... yuck!). Just an observation because many people that don't subscribe to Showtime get the shows on DVD a year later and just go through all 12 episode in a couple of days or so. They have no idea the fun we are having here guessing from week to week where the hell "Dexter" will be going next.

A good deal of the fun of this show right now is seeing (and not knowing) how this Miguel Prado 'friendship' with Dex is developing, and twisting our own minds guessing how it will pan out over the next nine weeks. It's pretty easy to assume that Prado is a dead man walking (like Ralphie or Tony B. from "The Sopranos," characters created just for the sole purpose of keeping any main characters from dying while giving the lead protagonist a worthy antagonist) just like it became obvious Doakes had to go when he found out about Dex's secret. But I have faith the writers will handle this better than the way they're handling Rita's pregnancy. As feared, the cliche-riddled 'son of a serial killer' dreams, fantasies and what-not are beginning to dominate the show to its detriment. While they alone aren't pushing "Dexter" close to 'jump the shark' territory they're beginning to take their toll on the show's quality. James Remar's Harry Morgan, so compelling a figure as Dex's father/mentor in flashback scenes, has been reduced to imaginary warning figure in Dexter's twisted psyche. And don't get me started on Rita's yoga class. Like Dex I too felt like I was watching the worst moment of my life... as a viewer of this once-perfect TV show slowly going about it's motions.

There's a certain peace of mind that's settled over me knowing that the perfect "Dexter" show I loved for two seasons (except for Season 2's still-smoldering ruins of a season finale) cannot and will not be replicated this year. Kudos to the producers of "Dexter" (all eleven of them listed in the opening credits) for the ongoing fit-for-compelling-drama plot of having a misguided (!) friend who knows Dexter's secret (partially) making his life miserable. It's intriguing but less than compelling stuff compared with the all-bets-are-off rollercoaster ride that was Season 2. Unless a future season of "Dexter" involves Debra, Rita or someone close to Dex finding out his secret (and the emotional toll that will have on character and viewing audience alike) there's just no way the emotional intensity of Season 2 can ever be matched. But even the less-than-perfect "Dexter" drama we're getting this season (so far, could turn around 180 degrees and leave me eating my words) is still better than almost anything else on TV right now. I'm hanging with Dex, Rita, Deb, Batista, Vince (the opressed 'little scientist' ), LaGuerta and the rest of the gang until the bitter end. Where else can you get nuggets of delight like Deb's 'motherf***ing roly-poly chubby-cheeked s***-machine' line? Or Dex's reply when Rita notices his supermarket item list is alphabetized?
post #1194 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I agree dad. Miguel's constant 'You can trust me' 'I will never forget' is cop talk for tell me your secret. Given the thought Dex has after the under bridge meeting, you get the impression there's a trap ahead. I still think the IA probe will lead to another trap as well. The defense could involve more than Dex this time.

As for the pedophile, that shot on the computer Dex sees probably had the entire audience thinking the same thing - KILL!
Talk about playing the audience into the script - man oh man.
post #1195 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:

I still think the IA probe will lead to another trap as well. The defense could involve more than Dex this time.

The IA probe is about a cop Deb works with, not Dex. I don't see how that could involve Dexter, beyond him coming to her rescue again, etc.

The BHB case is closed.

Art
post #1196 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

I didn't comment on last week's episode, "Finding Freebo," because the ending left me so startled by it's potential implications for the rest of the season that I wanted to see the next episode to see where we're headed.

Unless I'm mistaken the pedophile that Dexter kills in "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is the first time Dex has executed someone outside of Harry's code (Miguel Prado's brother was an accidental death), which makes this an important turning point for the character. It's a shame that the perp came to Dex (by stalking Astor) because it feels like every other conventional police procedural in which a 'very personal' event needlessly takes over the narrative. Dexter stalking his victims (who had never met him or just casually socialized), pouncing on them and then going through his 'ritual' has been such a staple of the show since the beginning. Oh well, the milk carton pick-up was classic (helped by a momentary return of a very comforting piece of background music from seasons past) and even though they overdid the inner-monologue puns about wild animals (did the title come before the puns or viceversa?) I was nodding while Dex recited them. When Dex comforted Rita that she had nothing to fear from the photographing perp on the beach 'because in a land of predators the lion never fears the jackal' I said to myself 'right on Dex' even though my own best instincts are to judge Dexter to be the bad guy of the series. Damn you Dex, you sympathetic sociopath you!

The "Dexter" writers, like those behind "The Sopranos," are becoming masters of misdirection at the service of our weekly amusement. We were led to believe that Miguel Prado's blood-stained shirt would mean something important down the line (camera focusing on the stain before the credits rolling in "Finding Freebo") and yet the very next episode Dex gets the shirt back from Prado as a sign of his trust. I didn't see it coming because, for Dex's writers, keeping us guessing about character's motives outside of Dex's mind (which we know pretty well) is as important as a sudden plot twist that turns everything on it's ears. Then again, most of Season 2's twists never went the obvious routes either (remember the 'Lundy is a serial killer too' theories? ). Take for example the scene in "Lion..." where Dex fools Debra ('a dog that won't let go of a bone') into finding the flyer of 'missing' Teegan outdoors. This is both a funny and very touching scene because, in her own messed up way, Deb is giving his brother good advice about raising children (which, cumulative, is having an impact on Dex's psyche) while he is just using her to throw the scent away from his Freebo dealings with Prado. Yet when Debra finally sees the flyer Dex lets out an 'it's about time' exclamation that had me rolling in the couch from laughing too hard.

More than any other show in recent memory that I can think of "Dexter" is one of the few TV series that rewards week-to-week viewing by giving viewers plenty of guesses as to where the plot will be headed only to have the next episode go the obvious-and-yet-not-so-obvious way. This is different than shows like "Lost" or "Heroes" that rely on shock/twist endings or plot twists to keep audiences coming back (which eventually leads to them writing themselves into a corner). In "Dexter" most of the stuff that comes out of nowhere feels pretty organic and natural to the lives/characters inhabiting the show (with obvious exceptions like Season 2's finale... yuck!). Just an observation because many people that don't subscribe to Showtime get the shows on DVD a year later and just go through all 12 episode in a couple of days or so. They have no idea the fun we are having here guessing from week to week where the hell "Dexter" will be going next.

A good deal of the fun of this show right now is seeing (and not knowing) how this Miguel Prado 'friendship' with Dex is developing, and twisting our own minds guessing how it will pan out over the next nine weeks. It's pretty easy to assume that Prado is a dead man walking (like Ralphie or Tony B. from "The Sopranos," characters created just for the sole purpose of keeping any main characters from dying while giving the lead protagonist a worthy antagonist) just like it became obvious Doakes had to go when he found out about Dex's secret. But I have faith the writers will handle this better than the way they're handling Rita's pregnancy. As feared, the cliche-riddled 'son of a serial killer' dreams, fantasies and what-not are beginning to dominate the show to its detriment. While they alone aren't pushing "Dexter" close to 'jump the shark' territory they're beginning to take their toll on the show's quality. James Remar's Harry Morgan, so compelling a figure as Dex's father/mentor in flashback scenes, has been reduced to imaginary warning figure in Dexter's twisted psyche. And don't get me started on Rita's yoga class. Like Dex I too felt like I was watching the worst moment of my life... as a viewer of this once-perfect TV show slowly going about it's motions.

There's a certain peace of mind that's settled over me knowing that the perfect "Dexter" show I loved for two seasons (except for Season 2's still-smoldering ruins of a season finale) cannot and will not be replicated this year. Kudos to the producers of "Dexter" (all eleven of them listed in the opening credits) for the ongoing fit-for-compelling-drama plot of having a misguided (!) friend who knows Dexter's secret (partially) making his life miserable. It's intriguing but less than compelling stuff compared with the all-bets-are-off rollercoaster ride that was Season 2. Unless a future season of "Dexter" involves Debra, Rita or someone close to Dex finding out his secret (and the emotional toll that will have on character and viewing audience alike) there's just no way the emotional intensity of Season 2 can ever be matched. But even the less-than-perfect "Dexter" drama we're getting this season (so far, could turn around 180 degrees and leave me eating my words) is still better than almost anything else on TV right now. I'm hanging with Dex, Rita, Deb, Batista, Vince (the opressed 'little scientist' ), LaGuerta and the rest of the gang until the bitter end. Where else can you get nuggets of delight like Deb's 'motherf***ing roly-poly chubby-cheeked s***-machine' line? Or Dex's reply when Rita notices his supermarket item list is alphabetized?

You know Dad, I always enjoy your posts about Dexter, but I wish you wouldn't be quite so brief and vague.

I was real concerned with where the series was going this season, particularly with Smits on board, but then again I didn't see how Dexter S2 was ever going to live up to S1. I am pleased to say I was a bit off-base on both fronts. This season has turned out (at least so far) to be better than I expected, and the quality of the writing (which easily could have taken a hackneyed turn and gotten at least partway away with it) simply refuses to disappoint. There are lots of really great shows in the last few years, but this one simply refuses to yeild ground, and is a champion of dark humor. The Smits sub-plot initially seemed a little on the messy side, but overall this season has acquitted itself admirably.

Chance favors the prepared mind
post #1197 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 11:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

When Dex comforted Rita that she had nothing to fear from the photographing perp on the beach 'because in a land of predators the lion never fears the jackal' I said to myself 'right on Dex' even though my own best instincts are to judge Dexter to be the bad guy of the series. Damn you Dex, you sympathetic sociopath you!

The "Dexter" writers, like those behind "The Sopranos," are becoming masters of misdirection at the service of our weekly amusement.

Dexter and Tony Soprano, while VERY different, are similar in that they are sociopathic monsters who we nevertheless find ourselves rooting for. Dex, though, has an added dimension in that he, more or less follows the Code of Harry in his killing. The only exceptions have been the Prado brother, who he killed in self defense, and the pedophile, who he dispatched in order to protect Rita's kids. Thus, the Code of Harry remains pretty much in tact because Dex is still trying to operate on the side of the angels. Finally, I agree with dad's assessment that this series, where subtleties abound, is worth sticking with.
post #1198 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Personally, think that S1 and S2s seasons/finales were just about perfect, dad, not sure what you didn't like about the S2 ending.

Last night's episode turned up the gas and I foresee another great season ramping up. They've got the formula and as someone said, no compromises, just great writing, direction and performances.

post #1199 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
"Harry's Code" is dead
post #1200 of 6863 Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

"Harry's Code" is dead

As noted in my earlier post, I disagree, but without differences of opinion, there would be no AVS Forum.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page