Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #271 of 280 Old 12-11-2006, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The Versus national games like tonight's are not shown anywhere else on any other channel and are not blacked out anywhere. It should be available on D* wherever you live.

SMK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 280 Old 12-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv
The Versus national games like tonight's are not shown anywhere else on any other channel and are not blacked out anywhere. It should be available on D* wherever you live.

SMK
Not sure exactly what you mean about not being shown on any other channel. Some previous Versus games were shown on the Versus channel (non-HD) and also the HD feed was put on the INHD channel (pre-empting normal content) on Comcast (owner of Versus). For tonight's game though the listings say INHD2. Only problem is that few people actually get INHD2 anymore, which will fold soon.
post #273 of 280 Old 12-11-2006, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead012
Is there any reason to think someone from the Washington DC market would not be able to see this game? I don't think it's being televised anywhere else locally, but I wanted to be sure so I don't get home tonight to a "blacked out" recording. Thanks!
Versus broadcasts are exclusive, there are no local blackouts.
post #274 of 280 Old 12-11-2006, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo21
The INHD website says Caps vs. Pens will be on INHD2 tonight, but most Comcast areas including here around Pittsburgh no longer get this channel which will disappear for good in January. Any chance it will be shown on INHD in the home markets?
Doubtful. INHD is showing NBA tonight, that's why NHL gets pushed to INHD2. For those of you who don't have INHD2 you will have to wait until 11 EST to watch in HD on INHD tape delayed. You can watch it live in SD on Versus.
post #275 of 280 Old 12-11-2006, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo21
Not sure exactly what you mean about not being shown on any other channel. Some previous Versus games were shown on the Versus channel (non-HD) and also the HD feed was put on the INHD channel (pre-empting normal content) on Comcast (owner of Versus). For tonight's game though the listings say INHD2. Only problem is that few people actually get INHD2 anymore, which will fold soon.
Versus has a deal with INHD to show the HD feed of their NHL coverage (when available) for all cable subscribers, not just Comcast. It doesn't preempt normal programming on INHD. Next month the Versus/Golf HD channel will be up and running to show the games on.
post #276 of 280 Old 12-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

Okay I got it. I was thinking about FSN-HD, which does preempt INHD programming locally for certain Pens games. thanks.
post #277 of 280 Old 12-12-2006, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Currently on the online shedule for channel 95 on DirecTV tonight they have Sens/Red Wings at 7:30 and Sharks/Kings after that. Hopefully that will hold!

Scott
post #278 of 280 Old 12-12-2006, 11:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87
Currently on the online shedule for channel 95 on DirecTV tonight they have Sens/Red Wings at 7:30 and Sharks/Kings after that. Hopefully that will hold!
The Sens/Red Wings game should be an interesting watch tonight. Ken Daniels will call the game from between the benches on FSN Detroit.
post #279 of 280 Old 12-12-2006, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by homcom
The Sens/Red Wings game should be an interesting watch tonight. Ken Daniels will call the game from between the benches on FSN Detroit.
And thankfully it looks like the Vs. game is not the Red Wings so 95 should have the FSN Detroit feed.

I will say I've been impressed with DirecTV by continuing to show NHL games on 95 even after the NBA started up.

Scott
post #280 of 280 Old 12-13-2006, 12:15 PM

I don't see why DirecTV can't have a channel in the 90s exclusively for hockey and another exclusively for basketball, like 95 and 96, for example. So we can have at least one game daily.
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page