AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   HDTV Programming (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-programming/)
-   -   2006 NHL in HDTV! (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-programming/730899-2006-nhl-hdtv.html)

Ken H 10-01-2006 07:45 PM

- HDNet
1080i, DD 5.1
Thursday & Saturday HD Games, local blackouts possible.
http://www.hd.net/nhlinhd.html

- Versus
1080i, DD 2.0
Weekday HD Game of the Week, national.
http://www.versus.tv/nw/article/view...cleWrapper.tpl

- NBC
1080i, DD 5.1
Sunday national and regional HD games, January - April.
http://nbcumv.com/sports/release_det...c2007regu.html

- CBC (Canada)
1080i, DD 2.0
Hockey Night In Canada (Saturday), national.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/tvschedule.html

- TSN (Canada)
1080i, DD 2.0
HD games produced from TSN & Versus, national.
http://www.tsn.ca/broadcast/schedule/?Channel=tsn

- Local NHL HD Coverage
See the HDTV Programming Synopsis for local HD productions, available OTA, DBS, cable, FiOS.

- NHL Center Ice in HD
NHL games in HD from local sports nets, available from DBS & cable providers.

Baldmaga 10-01-2006 08:23 PM

Will the games broadcast by Versus be available in HD to D* subscribers? Or is that an exclusive of INHD?

Ken H 10-01-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldmaga
Will the games broadcast by Versus be available in HD to D* subscribers?
Yes, they were last year. See the HDTV Programming Synopsis.

canada_habs2004 10-01-2006 09:49 PM

are all games on NBC in HD?

rkunces 10-01-2006 10:44 PM

Anyword on the HD schedule for NHL Center Ice?

teevman 10-01-2006 11:18 PM

last year most of vs then outdoor life ch. games were on ch.95, i don't see this weeks opening game listed yet though :(, maybe after the baseball playoffs are finished.

DrA 10-02-2006 12:32 AM

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD#FSMidwest
local HD channel is on D* 96 (new mpeg 4 dish and H-20 or HR-20 are a must).

DrA 10-02-2006 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkunces
Anyword on the HD schedule for NHL Center Ice?
HD column is blank for D*
http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/con...ssetId=1100048
Only some select games of local teams are available in HD only (see my previous post).
http://msn.foxsports.com/name/HD#FSMidwest
The reason is that the local HD RSN beam is a spotbeam.
I am repeating what D* CSR told me. I do not know why they can not send non local HD games and "spotbeam" to all local regions at the same time and only turn in on for CI people? In other word just keep channel 96 busy from 4:30pm to 10pm PST for CI subscribers. They can also do this on old non mpeg 4 channels nationally like NFL HD. Somehow CI subs are second class citizens on D* :mad:
DrA

DrA 10-02-2006 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevman
last year most of vs then outdoor life ch. games were on ch.95, i don't see this weeks opening game listed yet though :(, maybe after the baseball playoffs are finished.
For the opening week a non vs/oln game on channel 95 is on this Friday 10/06. I am sure only CI subs can see it.
So once a week from CI, 2 games a week on HDnet, once or twice week from VS and 10 or more local games a year on 96 plus 9 Sunday NBC HD games is what we get until D* sends more birds into the orbit in 07.

Ken H 10-02-2006 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada_habs2004
are all games on NBC in HD?
Good question, last year they weren't.

jhachey 10-02-2006 09:26 AM

Just curious - do any Cable Companies in the U.S. carry CBC-HD?

I am particularly interested in what Comcast does in border cities. In the Seattle area, Comcast carries CBC's analog signal from Vancouver BC, but does not carry CBC-HD. If Comcast carries CBC-HD elsewhere, it would be nice to point that out to the local Comcast folks.

I would love to get Hockey Night in Canada in HD!

plastered plasma 10-02-2006 10:10 AM

When I load and reload the DirecTV page in DrA's post (the system won't let me copy it here), it still shows the October 2005 schedule up. Does anyone see the 2006 schedule here or anywhere?

Ken H 10-02-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhachey
Just curious - do any Cable Companies in the U.S. carry CBC-HD?

I am particularly interested in what Comcast does in border cities. In the Seattle area, Comcast carries CBC's analog signal from Vancouver BC, but does not carry CBC-HD. If Comcast carries CBC-HD elsewhere, it would be nice to point that out to the local Comcast folks.
I know of no cable distribution of CBC HD in the US, at this time. Comcast in Detroit does carry analog CBC, but there is no OTA for CBC HD from Windsor, and to my knowledge plans are less than aggressive to do so. As an example of the CBC in Windsor, they are still broadcasting mono audio.....

You may want to see if others in your area can get the Vancouver CBC HD feed via OTA, I don't know the particulars but if you're within 60 miles and have a clear line of sight it may be possible.

Also, you may want to consider contacting Comcast management in your area and ask them to carry CBC HD. To my knowledge, which is not 100% comprehensive on this subject, I do not see why a cableco that carries the analog signal couldn't also carry the digital signal, if both were received OTA.

Quote:
I would love to get Hockey Night in Canada in HD!
As would many, including me.

mrkrispy 10-02-2006 11:11 AM

great news, I am very happy with my HDNet signal so hopefully the hockey games look awesome. Thanks

forecheck 10-02-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrA
HD column is blank for D*
http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/con...ssetId=1100048
Only some select games of local teams are available in HD only (see my previous post).
That is last year's schedule. Don't think they have posted this years yet.

beaudot 10-02-2006 11:22 AM

As for Center Ice: It looks like to me:
Dish Network is planning on offering up to 7 HD games per night + HDNET + Versus. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=77985
Directv: up to 1 game/night + HDNET + Versus?
ExpressVu: up to 2 games/night + TSN HD and CBC HD
Comcast: 0 games and no plans to add any according to JWhips interview with that Comcast guy + the Versus game.

It looks like Dish Network is by far the front runner for a center ice subscriber, if this is all correct.

DrA 10-02-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastered plasma
When I load and reload the DirecTV page in DrA's post (the system won't let me copy it here), it still shows the October 2005 schedule up. Does anyone see the 2006 schedule here or anywhere?
Try this. more complete schedule.
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?month=NOV...e&service=page

jhachey 10-02-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H
You may want to see if others in your area can get the Vancouver CBC HD feed via OTA, I don't know the particulars but if you're within 60 miles and have a clear line of sight it may be possible.
Seattle is about 150 miles away from Vancouver, so unfortunately OTA is not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H
Also, you may want to consider contacting Comcast management in your area and ask them to carry CBC HD. To my knowledge, which is not 100% comprehensive on this subject, I do not see why a cableco that carries the analog signal couldn't also carry the digital signal, if both were received OTA.
I actually did email somebody in local Comcast management and pointed out that (a) most of CBC's national programming is either HD or Widescreen SD; (b) that Comcast currently carries the analog signal and that the quality is quite poor so digital simulcast would be welcome even on 4:3 SD programming; and (c) CBC-HD would be worth adding, if only for HNIC. I received what I thought was a surprisingly encouraging response: "I will check into CBUT-HD. We have not talked about that formally, but you bring up a good point."

I was hoping to add "Comcast carries CBC-HD elsewhere to my arsenal of good points :)

Baldmaga 10-02-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaudot
Comcast: 0 games and no plans to add any according to JWhips interview with that Comcast guy + the Versus game.

How ironic because Comcast has the exclusive cable deal with the NHL too... :rolleyes:

DrA 10-02-2006 09:30 PM

NHL.COM schedule has a complete Fox Sports HD RSN schedule. Only Away and Home columns are backwards.
Anyway each team has 10 HD games per season. I hope to see 20 on D*because we have 2 home teams in LA : my KINGS and ducks. I would love to see ducks slaughtered in HD. :D NY hockey fans also may see 20 FS games on D*in HD.(I know Islanders and Rangers funs hate each other but they may watch enemy's games if it is in HD :)

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Schedule

DrA 10-02-2006 09:53 PM

Channel 96
LL

teevman 10-02-2006 10:55 PM

are the Fox Sports HD RSN channels spotbeamed or are they available everywhere like the sd fox sports channels are?

DrA 10-03-2006 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevman
are the Fox Sports HD RSN channels spotbeamed or are they available everywhere like the sd fox sports channels are?
96 is spotbeamed so each region will see their own local teams.

Trendy8 10-03-2006 08:04 AM

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - 5 Home games, that's right, home games in HD on Comcast Sports Net

October
Sat. 28 DUCKS 7:30 PM CSN (HD)
November
Fri. 10 BLUES 7:30 PM CSN (HD)
December
Thu. 14 RED WINGS 7:30 PM CSN (HD)
February
Fri. 16 CANUCKS 7:30 PM CSN (HD)
April
Thu. 5 RED WINGS 7:30 PM CSN (HD)

How did Wirtz let this happen?
granted, the DeadWings games will be sell-outs but.....

jmj713 10-03-2006 11:05 AM

Why does it have to be so damn confusing? :confused:

If I subscribe to Center Ice, I think I should see games being broadcast in HD... in HD.

RemyM 10-03-2006 11:56 AM

It's called bandwith, or more accurately, a lack of.

Hughmc 10-03-2006 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This also has a lot to do with iN DEMAND. They are the middle man or distributor between the NHL and your cable company. We pay about a 30% premium for iN DEMAND to act as go between?


http://www.indemand.com/about/who.jsp

The attachment(pdf file) was sent to my cable co and then passed onto me.


Where it says: Split Operator's share is 30% of revenue.

 

AR-M355N_20060921_123100.pdf 23.013671875k . file

homcom 10-03-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc
This also has a lot to do with iN DEMAND. They are the middle man or distributor between the NHL and your Sat or cable company.
InDemand only deals with the cable companies. D* and E* handle the PPV packages differently.

DrA 10-04-2006 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck
That is last year's schedule. Don't think they have posted this years yet.
Here is this years!
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=1100048

In addition to tonites Sabers/Canes Versus HD game on 95, there are also 2 back to back CI HD games tomorrow nite.

Flyers@Penguins and Blues@Sharks

This is a suprise because I do not recall many CI HD games from last year.
All this plus Fridays local game on 96 and Saturdays HDNet game will bring the total to 5 HD games for the opening week.
LL

roachxp 10-04-2006 12:01 PM

Is see 3 HD games in that screen shot 2 on 95 and 1 on 96.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.