"Law & Order: SVU" on NBC in HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 344 Old 04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Yes, last night's episode was outstanding. What would you do with a kid like that one? Wow!!! I'd be scared to death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 344 Old 04-08-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 406
I agree that the last SVU episode was terrific. In fact it was one of the best in recent memory. The completely affectless 10 year old psychopath was, in the words of Dr. Huang, "chilling." Watching the kid's descent into pure evil after his serial mistreatment of his little sister was exposed was like watching a train wreck but fascinating. Perhaps the creepiest scene in the show came near the end when the kid hugs his father and makes an emotional plea for the father to keep the authorities from incarcerating the kid. But when we see the kid's face during the hug, it displays no emotion at all, just a straight face and dead eyes. Brrr! Maybe the kid is right, though, and should get another chance. After all, all he did was push his sister down the stairs, try to burn her alive, hold another little kid hostage, and shoot a cop. There are no bad boys, right?smile.gif
post #273 of 344 Old 04-08-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that the last SVU episode was terrific. In fact it was one of the best in recent memory. The completely affectless 10 year old psychopath was, in the words of Dr. Huang, "chilling." Watching the kid's descent into pure evil after his serial mistreatment of his little sister was exposed was like watching a train wreck but fascinating. Perhaps the creepiest scene in the show came near the end when the kid hugs his father and makes an emotional plea for the father to keep the authorities from incarcerating the kid. But when we see the kid's face during the hug, it displays no emotion at all, just a straight face and dead eyes. Brrr! Maybe the kid is right, though, and should get another chance. After all, all he did was push his sister down the stairs, try to burn her alive, hold another little kid hostage, and shoot a cop. There are no bad boys, right?smile.gif

You forgot - drown the little kid's dog in the bathtub (took longer than he expected). That episode made me glad that I've never had kids - if I had one like that, I'd be curled up in a fetal position trying to figure out what to do (or how to do away with him and get away with it. rolleyes.gif)
Young C likes this.
post #274 of 344 Old 04-08-2013, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Agree on a great episode, but it was another example of how the SVU writers seem to not actually pay attention to state child welfare laws. CWS/CPS would have NEVER allowed psycho-kid back home with the family...in fact, neither child would have been allowed back home until the details about the abuse of the little girl were more certain.

Sorry...my missus works for CWS in my neck of the woods. It is a thankless job - and most folks hold these agencies in contempt (usually because they or a family member or friend has probably been paid a visit by a case worker for a damn good reason). TV cop shows also don't help.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #275 of 344 Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

You forgot - drown the little kid's dog in the bathtub (took longer than he expected). That episode made me glad that I've never had kids - if I had one like that, I'd be curled up in a fetal position trying to figure out what to do (or how to do away with him and get away with it. rolleyes.gif)

When I posted earlier, I decided to leave out the dog killing, locking his mother in the basement, and typing up and putting a hood over the head of his playmate. I also left out that he had earlier badly cut his mother's hand with a butcher knife. I thought I would mention only the serious stuff.smile.gif

The horror to the parents was as wrenching as the evil of the kid. As she always does, Hope Davis, who played the kid's mother, did a marvelous job.
post #276 of 344 Old 05-08-2013, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Great episode tonight. Although the surprise was a little surreal. It reminded me of all the horrible crimes that has happened recently frown.gif
post #277 of 344 Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Great episode tonight. Although the surprise was a little surreal. It reminded me of all the horrible crimes that has happened recently frown.gif
Surprise? I had the daughter pegged as soon as I saw that Finn's ex-partner had to retire on disability.
post #278 of 344 Old 05-09-2013, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Ha. You're a smart one tongue.gif
post #279 of 344 Old 05-09-2013, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ha. You're a smart one tongue.gif
Not really, just observant. 20+ years as an Internal Auditor conditioned me to keep my eyes (and mind) wide open. That was a great episode, however.
post #280 of 344 Old 05-22-2013, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

wow! I thought his defense attorney was going to get it, not Benson eek.gif
That guy was such a creep. Don't think I like cliffhanger season finales..
post #281 of 344 Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 52
For a second I thought the show might be really ballsy and have a ridiculous cliffhanger where Olivia illegally hunts him down.
Young C likes this.
post #282 of 344 Old 05-23-2013, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

wow! I thought his defense attorney was going to get it, not Benson eek.gif
That guy was such a creep. Don't think I like cliffhanger season finales..
I thought it would be his attorney also until I saw Benson enter the dark apartment. Before she even heard the noise, I knew he was there.
post #283 of 344 Old 05-23-2013, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
thats what i thought she was going to do also.
Young C likes this.
post #284 of 344 Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Who was the actor who portrayed this creep? Looked a lot like Adam Sandler to me.
Young C likes this.
post #285 of 344 Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

Who was the actor who portrayed this creep? Looked a lot like Adam Sandler to me.

Pablo Schreiber. Many people probably know him best from "The Wire."
Young C likes this.
post #286 of 344 Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

Pablo Schreiber. Many people probably know him best from "The Wire."

He was Nancy's boyfriend/hookup on Weeds! That's where I recognized him from. I knew his face from somewhere.
post #287 of 344 Old 05-25-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 164
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). smile.gif

TV Notes
Mariska Hargitay Inks New Deal to Return to 'Law & Order: SVU'
By Lesley Goldberg, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - May 25, 2013

It's official: Detective Olivia Benson will be back.

Mariska Hargitay has closed a new deal with studio Universal Television to return to NBC's long-running procedural Law & Order: SVU, the actress announced Saturday.

"Happy weekend. It's official. Season 15--I'LL BE BACK!" she announced via Twitter page.

NBC renewed Law & Order: SVU in late April in anticipation that Hargitay would return.

Wednesday's season 14 finale left the door open for Hargitay's Benson, with the character last seen at home -- not expected to return to work for two days and being held at gunpoint by serial rapist the team had been attempting to take down.

Over the years, rumor has swirled on whether she would continue on with the Dick Wolf procedural with buzz about a reduced role put to rest every year.

SVU has averaged a 2.1 rating with adults 18-49 in its Wednesday time slot. Heading into its 15th season, the show is not the juggernaut it once was but remains a consistent performer on a night that has been problematic for NBC. It will return to the Wednesdays at 9 p.m. slot in the fall, where it will largely face the same competition from Criminal Minds and American Idol/The X Factor.

Hargitay is repped by CAA.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mariska-hargitay-inks-new-deal-558559
post #288 of 344 Old 05-25-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Yay!!!!!!!!!!
post #289 of 344 Old 05-25-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, that is good news indeed. I have always liked Mariska Hargitay and, God knows, she is the face of SVU.
post #290 of 344 Old 09-18-2013, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

2-hour season premier next week! Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM CST.

I'm wondering if it will be 2 episodes making-up the 2-hour season premier or one long episode (or the first episode carried into the 2nd.)
post #291 of 344 Old 09-25-2013, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I'll be missing this during the live broadcast. Sigh
post #292 of 344 Old 09-25-2013, 05:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Same here. Conflict in the DVR with a bunch of soccer matches. Oh well, at least NBC repeats this show often-enough that pretty soon I'll be up to date, which this season is important because tonight's episode is a game-changer as far as the Benson character goes. Shame that, at least through legal channels, "SVU" is one of the few network shows that aren't streamed online or VOD by my cable system (TWC) for free (at least the last time I tried a while back). You can only purchase episodes through amazon or what not, which I'm not quite ready to do for "free" TV just yet.
Young C likes this.
post #293 of 344 Old 09-26-2013, 02:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Maybe not the greatest streamers but nbc.com already has it up. Hulu also streams it, but I think with a 24 h delay. Both free, but you can't FF commercials.
Young C likes this.
post #294 of 344 Old 09-27-2013, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I happen to see a commercial for the preview of the premiere and that it had Pablo Schreiber in it. There for I had to watch it. Kinda regret it. I just started it and already I'm horrified at how realistic/graphic it is. It and that it's another cop show is why I've never tuned in or have been able to keep my attention on most cop shows. As for Pablo, I've always felt he was a bit nutter back when i saw him and his stare on weeds, i think this takes it to Christian bale in psycho status at this point... Lol... Scary cray cray...

Edit: Ok so I did see the whole thing. Poor Pablo. Lol. Kidding. Mariska did a great job, but ya gotta wonder if it's affect her off air life, dunno how they do it. Need moar Pablo, loved him in Orange! Lol
Young C likes this.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #295 of 344 Old 09-28-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Great episodes
post #296 of 344 Old 10-03-2013, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Nice to see Cybill Shepard last night. The whole George Zimmerman subject was meh. I was shocked when she got off though eek.gif
post #297 of 344 Old 10-10-2013, 02:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Is it possible this could be the last season? Olivia's old partner Stabler retired, now Munch is retiring, and Cragen has revealed he faces mandatory retirement within six months.

The ratings could be key to this.
post #298 of 344 Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is it possible this could be the last season? Olivia's old partner Stabler retired, now Munch is retiring, and Cragen has revealed he faces mandatory retirement within six months.

The ratings could be key to this.
I wondered the same thing. I've been watching "John Munch" since he first appeared on Homicide: Life on the Street (one of my all-time favorite cop shows). Richard Belzer, who plays Munch, has been around for a long time. And, John Munch (according to Wikipedia) has become the only fictional character, played by a single actor, to appear on ten different television shows. These shows were on five different networks: NBC (Homicide: Life on the Street, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, and 30 Rock); Fox (The X-Files and Arrested Development); UPN (The Beat); HBO (The Wire) and ABC (Jimmy Kimmel Live!). Munch has been one of the few television characters to cross genres, appearing not only in crime drama series, but sitcom (Arrested Development), late night comedy (Jimmy Kimmel Live!) and horror and science fiction (The X-Files).[39] He has played a role in international television series, beginning with UK crime drama Luther where he is mentioned as an American contact for the series' Serious Crime Unit (SCU). Notably Luther stars Idris Elba, the actor who played Stringer Bell in the HBO drama The Wire where Munch previously cameoed.

John, you will certainly be missed. Happy fictional retirement! smile.gif
post #299 of 344 Old 10-10-2013, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Crazy episode last night.

humdinger70,

You do make a good point. Everybody's leaving or retiring
post #300 of 344 Old 10-10-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Maybe Olivia takes over the captain's job?
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page