24 on FOX - Day 6 - NO SPOILERS - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
"Going to kill him" doesn't make him dead. Morris had the choice between dying now (in a very painful way), and maybe dying later. He made the right choice. Even Baltar said to #6 that the key to being human is to only think of yourself. Clearly Morris, along with every other computer whiz, is a BSG fan and took that to heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

"Going to kill him" doesn't make him dead. Morris had the choice between dying now (in a very painful way), and maybe dying later. He made the right choice. Even Baltar said to #6 that the key to being human is to only think of yourself. Clearly Morris, along with every other computer whiz, is a BSG fan and took that to heart.

If it were just Morris' life I would agree. But tens of thousands of civilians lives...gut it up! Take one for the team! :-)

Jack's incredulous tone: "You gave them something that WORKED!?!?!?!?!" said it all :-)

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #723 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinma View Post

A couple things that had me scratching my head this week:

3. Morris gets dunked in tub. Tub water is a light blue? Anyone here ever get blue water in your tub? LOL! Water was crystal clear, with blue tint...

The blue tint was from the bath oil beads the terrorists put in the water . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
post #724 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post

Here is my take on 24 and what I tell Family/Friends who have never watched the show. Pick any season, that's right, ANY season and watch it. It's great, you'll love it. Now, do not ever watch another season as it's the same ol' crap.

We're running out of time.
We have no Choice.
DAMNIT!!
We need to work better and work faster.

This season is completely ridiculous. When the Bauer Family involvement occurred last week, I lost it. I was going to give another week (this week). Horrible. Chloe has been a mastermind the last few years in figuring out programs/patches that nobody else can from CTU, but she draws a blank ONE time because her boyfriend was taken hostage, and CTU pulls her from her job. Yet, Morris was able to continue his job when he was NOT following Milo's orders.....several times. They are tattle tails at CTU. Like when Milo went to the Director...Chloe is screwing up, she's not doing it right...bla bla bla.

Jack is either yelling on the phone, or whispering when he talks live.

Does CTU have an unlimited amount of Field Agents? How many have died this year, yet the next scene shows several CTU SUVs with the guys "SETTING UP A PERIMETER".

Why does there ALWAYS have to be a mole in CTU, or using someone in CTU for the greater plan of the terrorists? Why is there ALWAYS someone forced to step down at the White House, and many hidden Agendas behind the Presidents back? If you've seen one season, you've seen enough.

Sorry for the rant, but as a long time 24 fan, the last two weeks have frustrated me as I feel the writers are just slapping stuff together.

I agree, but consider that if they changed the formula of "24" it would probably tank. It's dumbed down and recycled for a reason.
post #725 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
I think Morris' actions were reasonable. He knew CTU was surrounding the building and was obviously shocked to see that Fayed had a nuke on him.

Morris was clearly expecting CTU to catch Fayed with the activation device and no nukes inside the building, so he programmed the thing to buy himself time until CTU broke in.
post #726 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

Jack's incredulous tone: "You gave them something that WORKED!?!?!?!?!" said it all :-)

Jack would have programmed it to blow up in 10 minutes.

All electronic devices can be programmed to blow up
post #727 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 09:53 AM

I thought it was ridiculous that while Jack was on the phone working with Chloe to stop the bomb timer that the CTU Field team leader HAD to tell him RIGHT THEN that they found out how Fayed had escaped - would have thought anyone near the NUCLEAR bomb would have NOT wanted to distract Jack while doing his thing....
post #728 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheneyp View Post

I thought it was ridiculous that while Jack was on the phone working with Chloe to stop the bomb timer that the CTU Field team leader HAD to tell him RIGHT THEN that they found out how Fayed had escaped - would have thought anyone near the NUCLEAR bomb would have NOT wanted to distract Jack while doing his thing....

That was very funny. It was almost likehey, we're cool, we can multi task, even if it involves a nuke.

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
post #729 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rain View Post

I agree, but consider that if they changed the formula of "24" it would probably tank. It's dumbed down and recycled for a reason.

True, and I agree with that. That's basically why I tell people that have never seen 24 to just pick a season and watch it. It doesn't matter which one. For old viewers though, at least to me, it's getting very old.

Tony
post #730 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe next season, there can be some activity in...I don't know...somewhere other than LA!!!!!!!!! If Jack is so bad ass, then send Jack to another location around the country where something is happening. Maybe around the Maryland/DC area. I guess the Terrorists are so star stricken that they always do their work in LA.

Tony
post #731 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Maybe next season, there can be some activity in...I don't know...somewhere other than LA!!!!!!!!! If Jack is so bad ass, then send Jack to another location around the country where something is happening. Maybe around the Maryland/DC area. I guess the Terrorists are so star stricken that they always do their work in LA.

Who knows, maybe Fox is ginning up ideas for follow-on shows a la CSI for 24: CTU - Cleveland or CTU - Northern Virginia....
post #732 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVFanAtic View Post

Actually, I guess I disagree with all points here.

The entire first 60 minutes was totally predictable from the previews where we saw Jack with the bomb.

T.

STOP watching the previews and the show gets infinitely better...

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #733 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post

Jack would have programmed it to blow up in 10 minutes.

All electronic devices can be programmed to blow up

That was so ridiculous last season when they downloaded a program to the guy's flash drive in his Palm Pilot to activate and fry the whole device. Sad, so sad.

post #734 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They could make Jack be more like Jason Bourne (definitely more bad ass), and have the show be located outside of America. Moscow in the dead of winter would be a nice change from boring, sunny Los Angeles. Even a dirty, dingy, and rainy New York setting would be nice.
post #735 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They could make Jack be more like Jason Bourne (definitely more bad ass), and have the show be located outside of America. Moscow in the dead of winter would be a nice change from boring, sunny Los Angeles. Even a dirty, dingy, and rainy New York setting would be nice.

The problems are purely logistical...they have a hard time with the real time format in LA, which is shoot-friendly. The movie will likely be somewhere else.

post #736 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
James Cromwell - I remember him in Babe (1995).
Babe, a pig raised by sheepdogs, learns to herd sheep with a little help from Farmer Hoggett(Cromwell)(from IMDB).

Never signs up for anything
post #737 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmacat View Post

James Cromwell - I remember him in Babe (1995).
Babe, a pig raised by sheepdogs, learns to herd sheep with a little help from Farmer Hoggett(Cromwell)(from IMDB).

LA Confidential and Star Trek: First Contact are the 2 movies I remember him for most .

post #738 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

CBS already has that show, it's called The Unit

Tony
post #739 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

STOP watching the previews and the show gets infinitely better...

Agreed. TV is much better without previews and commercials!

Mike
post #740 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknoebel View Post

Agreed. TV is much better without previews and commercials!

WIth this show I'd have to agree, but I'd get spoilerized here anyway if I stopped watching them.

post #741 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujiyama View Post

I hope the season picks up once Logan is back.

Is this true ? I haven't heard anything about Logan coming back! Is this a spoiler or just conjecture on your part ?

As for last night's show, why would Milo be out in the field, he's not a field agent, he's a tech like Chloe.

I still want to know how Morris can be literally drilled in the shoulder blade, yet use a laptop within a minute, then within the hour he's able to sit confortably back in his chair in the recovery room, and finally able to walk confortably from the recovery room back to his station. Either he has remarkable healing powers or he is one tough Brit.

Anyone find it strange that there was not one Secret Service agent in the same room with the President when the former Terrorist was in there talking to him, without any cuffs on ? "Eh, you turned out to be such a nice fella, I can trust ya. No need to remember all those people you've killed over that past 20 or so years."
post #742 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

Anyone find it strange that there was not one Secret Service agent in the same room with the President when the former Terrorist was in there talking to him, without any cuffs on ? "Eh, you turned out to be such a nice fella, I can trust ya. No need to remember all those people you've killed over that past 20 or so years."

Actually, I'm pretty sure there was. The camera panned over to a guy with a gun in a side holster if I remember correctly.
post #743 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

As for last night's show, why would Milo be out in the field, he's not a field agent, he's a tech like Chloe.

I got the impression he did have field agent experience. He recognized the situation he was in and took immediate evasive action. He handled that truck pretty well (well, until it hit the cinder block wall) and knew what the contents of the truck were for. Boom!!!
post #744 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Willis View Post

Actually, I'm pretty sure there was. The camera panned over to a guy with a gun in a side holster if I remember correctly.

Correct. They made a point to show the agent shadowing Assad along the wall when he got up to walk around.
post #745 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I still want to know how Morris can be literally drilled in the shoulder blade, yet use a laptop within a minute, then within the hour he's able to sit confortably back in his chair in the recovery room, and finally able to walk confortably from the recovery room back to his station. Either he has remarkable healing powers or he is one tough Brit.

As I mentioned earlier, I broke my scapula clean in half with virtually no pain or loss of function.

I've also gotten larger, more ragged, bloodier wounds than a 1/2" hole in a piece of skin and can assure you that I would have have been able to work a laptop with a gun at my head
post #746 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Did I understand that Marwan, I mean Fayed, slipped through CTU's fingers in a helicopter? Flying around L.A.? When all civilian flights have been grounded? And they lost him? Wouldn't this be something those satellites would have picked up?

And why did they need Chloe to techobabble the building's fire alarm on when you can just go into the building and pull it manually? And why didn't any of the 200 people in the building hear any screaming coming from the room with all the spooky foreigners wearing black? From the six floor, someone in the neighborhood could have heard him through the window.

Unless I missed some things, this episode had more holes than usual.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #747 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

Did I understand that Marwan, I mean Fayed, slipped through CTU's fingers in a helicopter? Flying around L.A.? When all civilian flights have been grounded? And they lost him? Wouldn't this be something those satellites would have picked up?

A

They were disguised as a medivac chopper and were given clearance to fly.

post #748 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 01:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:

Just as likely they were using some sort of Klingon stealth technology so they couldn't be seen or heard.
post #749 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 01:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

So when they figured out it was Marwan, dammit Fayed, in the chopper, why weren't they able to track it by satellite or radar or Caltran cameras?

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #750 of 2010 Old 02-13-2007, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Traffic cameras don't point at the sky, and you can't track a chopper flying at low altitude in a metropolitan area on radar easily, if at all.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page