post #91 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by paudemge View Post

^^^^Well that is better than what I got, my power went out 1/2 way though and didnt' come back on until after it was over.

I bet Kumar did it.....

forum tennis, look right.........................................forum tennis, look left
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Liked: 10
Kumar is a much better casting decision than Rudy last year.

Great stuff tonight, can't wait for tomorrow.
post #93 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

So, Jack gets knifed in the shoulder, and skewered in the spine, but 30 minutes later he's running around like absolutely nothing happened to him.

Even worse, he puts on a fresh pullover/sweater at the empty house, yet it has zero, count them, zero blood stains from the deep wounds he received when tortured minutes earlier.

Oh yes, before I forget, who leaves their high-end cellphone in their 20yr old car? He needed to break into an old car (so he could hotwire it) but then it's got a souped up cellphone sitting there waiting for him (capable of entering a GPS location and instantly pulling up a detailed map. LOL, what consumer level phone can do that anyway? I can look the other way when they do that stuff with their CTU PDA/Cellphone's, but not when their consumer grade).
post #94 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

2 hours down and so far I not impressed with the storyline for this season.

More terrorists setting off bombs in L.A. and big shocker, there Arabs.

Personally, I think using any people as terrorists is getting old. I would like to see some kind of twist where, say, the animal kingdom is used to a greater degree. Like maybe some revolting animals from the circus plot against their handlers and break out to reign havoc over a city. CTU and Jack must use all of their resources to combat their attacks. I'd love to see Jack go up against an elephant, for example. Maybe use some torture and interrogation techniques. "Where are the rest of the animals! Believe me, you're not going to like what I do to your trunk!" That would be good.
post #95 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiehl View Post

So, Jack gets knifed in the shoulder, and skewered in the spine, but 30 minutes later he's running around like absolutely nothing happened to him.

Even worse, he puts on a fresh pullover/sweater at the empty house, yet it has zero, count them, zero blood stains from the deep wounds he received when tortured minutes earlier.

Oh yes, before I forget, who leaves their high-end cellphone in their 20yr old car? He needed to break into an old car (so he could hotwire it) but then it's got a souped up cellphone sitting there waiting for him (capable of entering a GPS location and instantly pulling up a detailed map. LOL, what consumer level phone can do that anyway? I can look the other way when they do that stuff with their CTU PDA/Cellphone's, but not when their consumer grade).

cha ching!

we haven't even gotten to the 2nd part of the premiere and the realism flaws are already showing..ouch.

They'll never top the season 5 opener.

Gotta love Jack going dracula on a terrorist's ass after getting a spool of nerves cut and being stabbed in the spinal cord....and then proceeding to hit the ground running, and drop-kicking terrorists out of trains.

now Kumar is involved..oh dear. I hope the choppers can make it to White Castle in under 20 mins to take him out.

Over the top does not begin to explain this show -- the critical acclaim and hype are puzzling.
post #96 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiehl View Post

I find more and more BS in every season. Now, if you didn't bother to DVR FF through the spots you would know that Sprint used that as product placement to introduce their new phones and service.

But regardless, iirc, Jack was in another room when the call was made to CTU with the lattitude and longitude of the house - so how did he know them?

And let's see - anyone believe they wouldnt immediately go back and try and get the bad guy once he said he would have to think about honoring their agreement - that order would be given in about 2 seconds after that statement.

So they have military helios ready for mission that is top national priority in LA - yet Jack can negotiate LA Traffic and get there faster - yeah...right.

And finally, who really thinks that National Security is really discussed on all these unsecure cellphones.

And yes, you are correct about his recovery from the toture. Just totally it's just totally out there - however, I was wondering is this the first time they have actually shown the President in DC or the oval office. I could not remember it from previous seasons.

I'm done for the night.
post #97 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Why do you even watch the show? Sounds pretty painful for you.
post #98 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I think the only redeeming aspect to tonight's premiere was the teaser for Drive -- malcolm reynolds' new show premiering this spring.
post #99 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 10:00 PM

I loved the show tonight. I don't get caught up in what is realistic or not. It is a tv show for crying out loud.
post #100 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Advanced Member

I keep thinking this is going to be the dream season where Jack dreams up the entire day and wakes up in a Chinese prison camp. Something too surreal about this season so far..
post #101 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 10:43 PM

Show tonight was the best two hours of 24, imo

God I love the show

Tons of bs but thats TV...keep me interested
post #102 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Video wasn't as bad as last year. So far. But it's clearly below the quality of the last House episode from the same channel.

And DVD copies look absolutely fantastic from last year. Downrezzing to 480 pretty much cancels all the bad. Although it's then only 480.
post #103 of 2010 Old 01-14-2007, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

oh cmon all you 24 haters. jack kicked a suicide bomber out of a train. that's awesome! what else should he do? he's clearly superhuman in a human way which is way this show is so great. who cares if this show is unrealistic? just root for jack!
post #104 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 12:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You know, I can check my brain at the door every once and a while, but something REALLY got me tonight. I've been a fan since the beginning, and have loved every season of 24. Sure, there have been some, "Um, okay" moments, but check this...

How in the sam hell could ANYONE NOT see that the guy had a bomb strapped to his chest under that suit?

It looked like an oversized juice-box was stuffed underneath there! I guess everyone thought his tailor sucked or something!
post #105 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 01:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Completely unrealistic and as stupid as ever, but it's still fun as hell to watch.
post #106 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 01:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeykid View Post

oh cmon all you 24 haters. jack kicked a suicide bomber out of a train. that's awesome! what else should he do? he's clearly superhuman in a human way which is way this show is so great. who cares if this show is unrealistic? just root for jack!

exactly. you have to be able to let a lot of things go or you just can't enjoy the show. i mean jack did kick a suicide bomber out of a train. awesome indeed...even if it wasn't the same train car the bomber actually got in.
post #107 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVFanAtic View Post

But regardless, iirc, Jack was in another room when the call was made to CTU with the lattitude and longitude of the house - so how did he know them?

Fayed was obviously at least within earshot, as they took pains to do an insert showing Jack repeating the coordinates as Fayed read them to CTU
post #108 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gators96 View Post

I loved the show tonight. I don't get caught up in what is realistic or not. It is a tv show for crying out loud.

As much as it pains me...I have to agree with the Gator.
post #109 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanpa View Post

CTU Chief: Bill B.
CTU Deputy: Nadia
CTU Floor Supervisor: Milo
CTU Field ops: Curtis Manning

Chloe is still lead computer Analyst.

Sorry, but Nadia, aka Audrey from Vegas Vacation, does not look Arab to me, but something tells me that she will turn out to be the mole in CTU (she spoke Arab to Fayed over the phone).

Chloe actually looked kind of hot...

Now why would the terrorists strike Detroit, Chicago and LA, but not NY or DC ? Are the writers to afraid to offend anyone in those areas due to 911 ?

Kumar looks like he's going to bite the big Slider tonight, but after H&KGTWC, can't really take him seriously as a terrorist. I'm waiting for Neil Patrick Harris to stop by and steal his car
post #110 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

After all the other posts about unrealistic storylines - doesn't anyone see the biggest one?

That the US now has its second black president?
post #111 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Last season's airport hostage standoff blew this year's premiere away...not even close!
post #112 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

This is an action series. It requires you to check your realism logic outside the TV room.

It boils down to trying to guess who are the bad guys, which good guys are going down, who gets whacked next, and what surprises are in order.

It's also fun to see how they manage' to insert new technology into unlikely places each season. They went to some lengths with a transmitter and lat/lons to find the bad guy location, when the inside guy could have just text messaged the street address.

Ed
post #113 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 272
The whole point of the show is its complete unrealism and strange twists. That is what makes it so much fun to watch. It is NOT high art after all!

Louder is NOT better!
post #114 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 07:17 AM

Quote:

Did you notice the first commercial right after that scene when they went to break? It was Sprint. And the voice over said something like "want to be like a federal agent? get the new blah blah phone..."

It's only a matter of time before we hear Jack mutter "thank God that guy left his Sprint GPS enabled phone in the car!"

Cool show, fun action, but the advertising and sponsorship is too much.
post #115 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

There is an interesting news note on Drudge about possible Day 6 plot direction.

Ed
post #116 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

Now why would the terrorists strike Detroit, Chicago and LA, but not NY or DC ? Are the writers to afraid to offend anyone in those areas due to 911 ?

They had the perfect setup to shift 24 to a new city this year and didn't capitalize on the oppurtunity. With Jack coming back from CHina and his release being negotiated 2 days earlier they could have had him arriving in NY or DC or anywhere.
-Evangelo2
post #117 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The two hour premier (especially w/DVR) went by so quickly!!!! I guess I am hooked again. Jack's miraculous healing ability aside, this is going to be a great season. The one other thing that made me wonder a bit was the school of thought that a terrorist with a bomb should sit in the last seat of the last car on a train. But then again, kicking him into the middle of the next car at the moment of the explosion wouldn't work. Wasn't the terrrorist on the bus Asian?
post #118 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmatt View Post

After all the other posts about unrealistic storylines - doesn't anyone see the biggest one?

That the US now has its second black president?

Let's go back a bunch of years. John Kennedy was elected the first Catholic president, a very big deal at the time. A little later, if he wasn't assassinated, Bobby Kennedy was well on his way to being the second. It was obvious that the people loved David Palmer, it makes total sense to me that his brother got elected.

Bobby 

post #119 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 09:02 AM

24 is an awesome show and entertaining.

have to put in my "unreals":

how does jack remember Buchan's cell phone after almost 2 years in a torture enviornment.

i
post #120 of 2010 Old 01-15-2007, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

You guys will love tonights 2 episodes!

---------------------------
Comcast of Lebanon PA.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version