post #1981 of 2010 Old 12-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL3HD View Post

Talk about punishment, just to screw with his head, someone there should get one of those big LED digital clocks with that bleeping seconds sound-- on the hour, every hour-- and put it right outside of his cell.

If someone important or well-known gets killed, then that hour would have a "silent clock."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2010 Old 12-07-2007, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

How about not letting him eat, sleep or go to the bathroom for 24 hours, just like on the show?

LOL! That makes me think that it would be fun to have the last few seconds of the last hour be Jack coming out of the men's room, zipping up and saying "man, did I ever have to go...."
post #1983 of 2010 Old 12-07-2007, 01:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddR View Post

If someone important or well-known gets killed, then that hour would have a "silent clock."

And we now know, based on info leaking from this latest season, why Soul-patch Tony didn't get the "silent clock" treatment.
post #1984 of 2010 Old 12-07-2007, 02:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Glendale CA city jail,

http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/police/..._City_Jail.asp

Ah...comfy...

..and such fine cuisine...

post #1985 of 2010 Old 12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Get busted for drunk driving... and they give you milk and cookies!

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #1986 of 2010 Old 12-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post

Still yet...he's a star...he had a choice. I don't think you nor myself would get the "choice".

His choice was to agree to the terms, or reject them and go to trial. You would get the same choice.
post #1987 of 2010 Old 12-08-2007, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Kiefer Sutherland a 'Model Prisoner'

Kiefer Sutherland, starting Day 3 of his 48-day sentence for DUI and a probation violation, is a "model prisoner," says a spokesman for the Glendale City Jail.

"He's not happy to be here," Officer John Balian says, "but you can tell from his demeanor that he's sorry and takes responsibility for what's he's done."

Sutherland spent his first full day on Thursday folding jail laundry. He also had cornflakes for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for lunch and chicken a la king for dinner.

The 24 actor, who is housed alone in a cell, has also been assigned to serve meals to the other eight to 10 inmates, one of whom was recently arrested for attempted murder – on four people.

"But we don't put murderers or rapists who are awaiting trial in the same area as a guy convicted of a DUI," Balian explains, adding that Sutherland, as an inmate worker, has access alone to one of three common rooms, each with a television.

The only interaction Sutherland will have with other inmates is when he slides a tray of food through slots in their cell doors.

He also has shower access twice a day.

As of Thursday evening, Sutherland had not had any visitors. However, Balian says that the actor brought several books to keep him busy.

The jail spokesman reiterates that Sutherland will do the full 48 days straight without early release:

"There's no way he's getting out early, unless a judge orders otherwise, which is highly unlikely," he says.

Give Kiefer some alcohol and see if he remains a model prisoner.

It does strike as a little ironic that he is serving a 48 day sentence – 24 + 24 =48.

At least Christmas trees will be safe this season.
post #1988 of 2010 Old 12-08-2007, 10:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

"He's not happy to be here," Officer John Balian says, "but you can tell from his demeanor that he's sorry and takes responsibility for what's he's done."

And the Emmy goes to... Kiefer Sutherland for his portrayal of a remorseful prisoner in "The Glendale City Jail".

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #1989 of 2010 Old 12-08-2007, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
There's no way he'll be able to break out of prison without his "Jack sack" which I'm sure the guards confiscated when he checked in. Hell, he can't even have Chloe send the schematics of the jail to his PDA because they probably took that from him too. This is definitely Jack Bauer's toughest challenge yet.
post #1990 of 2010 Old 12-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Chloe and Kim (in a tight white T-shirt) are crawling through the sewers to spring him as we speak. Don't you worry.
post #1991 of 2010 Old 12-08-2007, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I wonder if you could go and visit him...lol that would be amazing

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #1992 of 2010 Old 12-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

I wonder if you could go and visit him...lol that would be amazing

LOL!! You could have a ton of fun with that - "Mr. Sutherland, you have a visitor". Kief comes into the room, sees you and says "Who are you?"

Of course you could really play it up and reply "Mr. Bauer, I am here with an urgent request on orders from the President..."
post #1993 of 2010 Old 02-11-2008, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
It sounds as if there will be no season 7 this year. If true, it raises expectations for next year. They will have two years to develop season seven. It better be damn good.
post #1994 of 2010 Old 02-11-2008, 07:34 PM
JCL
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

It sounds as if there will be no season 7 this year. If true, it raises expectations for next year. They will have two years to develop season seven. It better be damn good.

I would have the following questions...
1. What happens to the 9 or 10 episodes that have already been shot, edited, and ready-for-air?
2. Can't they just pick up where they've just shot and continue. All the main actors and guest stars are presumably still contracted for the season. (some of them may not be for NEXT season, hence the whole plotline is junked)
3. Can they split Season 7 into two? With 12 episodes before summer, and 12 in the fall. Season 8 in January 2009.
3. If they start season 7 in January 2009 with the originally conceived plot line (spoiler alert: about a woman president), then it may actually be a case of fiction reflecting reality, or not - if Obama or Mccain's supporters have their say. Would Fox really want to take the risk if the election outcome is different?
post #1995 of 2010 Old 02-11-2008, 07:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post

3. If they start season 7 in January 2009 with the originally conceived plot line (spoiler alert: about a woman president), then it may actually be a case of fiction reflecting reality, or not - if Obama or Mccain's supporters have their say. Would Fox really want to take the risk if the election outcome is different?

I doubt very seriously that they were attempting to mirror reality. After all, the show has had two black presidents so far; why not a woman?
post #1996 of 2010 Old 02-12-2008, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

1. What happens to the 9 or 10 episodes that have already been shot, edited, and ready-for-air?
2. Can't they just pick up where they've just shot and continue. All the main actors and guest stars are presumably still contracted for the season. (some of them may not be for NEXT season, hence the whole plotline is junked)
3. Can they split Season 7 into two? With 12 episodes before summer, and 12 in the fall. Season 8 in January 2009.

Good points. I believe that they will go ahead and shoot the remaining episodes this spring/summer, but wait until January 09 to air them all. That is what I read. Maybe with the "head start" for next season, the quality will go up and they wouldn't have to rush out episodes -- which was always a problem in the past.

As far as the plot being stale . . . I guess that is a risk.
post #1997 of 2010 Old 02-12-2008, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:

2. Can't they just pick up where they've just shot and continue. All the main actors and guest stars are presumably still contracted for the season.

It will be interesting to see if they can get everyone looking as they did when they shot those first 10 episodes. It will be one year since they shot those, and if Kiefer stops his abuse of drugs and alcohol he will definitely look different. Hair length and color they can deal with. But depending on your age, one year can definitely be noticed. Most don’t notice those changes from one season to another, but when you end episode 10 from 2007 and start episode 11 from 2008, well, as I say, it will be interesting.
post #1998 of 2010 Old 02-12-2008, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
No problem - they can just have alternate timelines.
post #1999 of 2010 Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
And time has always moved differently in CTU vehicles...

v/r,
C-F
post #2000 of 2010 Old 02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
TV Notes
Surnow leaving '24'
Co-creator and producer exits to focus on new projects
By Nellie Andreeva, The Hollywood Reporter, Feb 13, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- "24" co-creator/executive producer Joel Surnow is leaving the Emmy-winning drama.

Surnow's departure is effective immediately. He served as an executive producer on the first eight episodes of Fox's real-time thriller's seventh season that were produced before and into the strike but will not be creatively involved in the remaining 16 episodes, slated to begin filming shortly.

Surnow's overall deal with "24" producer 20th Century Fox TV was up April 30. This week, the writer-producer asked the studio to release him early, to which they agreed.

Instead of signing a show deal to continue providing services on "24," Surnow decided to go for "a clean break" and leave altogether to focus on new projects, sources said. ("24" co-creator/executive producer Robert Cochran's overall pact with 20th TV also expired last year, but he continues to work on the series.)

"Joel created one of the landmark series of this decade in '24' and his contribution to its creative excellence over the years has been immeasurable," Fox said in a statement Wednesday. "While he leaves the show in the incredibly capable hands of the talented Howard Gordon, his input will always be welcome."

In the past few years, since executive producer Gordon took the reins of the 20th TV/Imagine TV series as showrunner, Surnow has been developing other projects on the side, including the "The 1/2 Hour News Hour" for Fox News Channel.

Surnow, Cochran and Gordon also shepherded a number of pilots through their production banner Real Time Prods., which will no longer exist, as the three principals won't be at the same roof anymore.

The openly conservative Surnow, who jokingly labeled himself a "right-wing nut," has been the most visible of the masterminds behind "24."

He hasn't shied from speaking his mind and made headlines in November when he asked, "Are we nuts thinking Hillary Clinton could be president of this country? Honest to God, just stand back and think about it."

Ironically, the upcoming seventh season of "24," slated to debut in January 2009, features the first female U.S. president, played by Cherry Jones.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...0f7bc9eeccbd21
post #2001 of 2010 Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

So, is no one else afraid that Surnow leaving 24 is a sign of diminishing quality and a increasingly stale product? Just wondering.
post #2002 of 2010 Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So, is no one else afraid that Surnow leaving 24 is a sign of diminishing quality and a increasingly stale product? Just wondering.

Nope I look at it as a chance for some new blood.
post #2003 of 2010 Old 02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nope...thats what I like to call Season 5

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #2004 of 2010 Old 02-15-2008, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 151
With how goofy the show has gotten the last two or three seasons, it can only be a good thing. Maybe they can turn it around as Lost seems to have done this year.
post #2005 of 2010 Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post

With how goofy the show has gotten the last two or three seasons, it can only be a good thing. Maybe they can turn it around as Lost seems to have done this year.

LOST had nothing to turn around. It's been uniformly excellent from the get-go.
post #2006 of 2010 Old 02-15-2008, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

LOST had nothing to turn around. It's been uniformly excellent from the get-go.

I disagree with that but I respect your opinion however I stopped watching because of 2 things it just kept dragging and ABC screwing around with the broadcasts. I just started watching agin becuse of the writers strike and it was like I didn't miss a thing in the 2 years I stopped watching.
post #2007 of 2010 Old 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 57
With Surnow gone, perhaps Jack's daughter has lost her sole protector on the show, and the character can finally be killed off in a manner she richly deserves, only please keep it to a one episode affair.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #2008 of 2010 Old 02-19-2008, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Surnow deserves a lot of the credit for 24 and his contributions were huge, but I think Gordon and Cochran along with Jon Cassar are more than capable of handling the show moving forward.
post #2009 of 2010 Old 02-19-2008, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertson View Post

I disagree with that but I respect your opinion however I stopped watching because of 2 things it just kept dragging and ABC screwing around with the broadcasts. I just started watching agin becuse of the writers strike and it was like I didn't miss a thing in the 2 years I stopped watching.

Being a lontime fan of both...Lost has kept more of it's luster than 24...last season's family storyline was way too over the top .
post #2010 of 2010 Old 02-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertson View Post

I agree.. Lost did suck ass, but picked up at the close of season 3.

With the news of this guy leaving. I hope it will indeed freshen up the series. 24 needs it badly.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page