AVS Forum banner

'South Park' in HD on Comedy Central

57K views 607 replies 117 participants last post by  Pavan25 
#1 ·
I'm watching it right now on Buckeyecable channel 605

16:9, not stretched...very vivid colors.

I thought I was hallucinating when I stumbled on it..

Edit: It was on my CW-HD channel. Being a cartoon...it was impossible to judge any other aspect of the PQ. Didn't look stretched...colors look great on my plasma....I assume it was HD.. Anyone else see this??

#158 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy /forum/post/18455614

You wouldn't get it if you don't use Facebook. How could you?

I don't use Facebook, but I understood the episode. As pappy mentioned, the episode is more about the people who place too much value in these types of online services. It seems that some people are more concerned over online "friendships" than the ones in person. I personally know some who fall under that category.

There isn't much to know about the service itself; I often see mentions of Facebook just by reading/watching the news.

#163 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV /forum/post/18485508

One of the best episodes of all time. They brought everything back for the 200th episode. Who's Cartman's father, Jennifer Lopez, Tom Cruise being a ************, Muhammad, the Super Best Friends. Just an amazing episode.

Indeed. It is a nice treat for "veteran" viewers of the show.

I particularly like the return of Sally Struthers, Phil Collins, Rob Reiner and Jared from Subway.

#173 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber /forum/post/18489160

and the VERY up-to-date and amazingly recent pop reference, "Release the Kraken!".

What was actually said was, "Release the ****-en" which being Jewish I found went a bit too far. That would be like calling any African American person the "N" word, which if you've noticed is something the've never done (and I'm a long time fan).

#174 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18490933

What was actually said was, "Release the ****-en" which being Jewish I found went a bit too far. That would be like calling any African American person the "N" word, which if you've noticed is something the've never done (and I'm a long time fan).

People who annoy you are Naggers. Miss that one?

#175 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posty-McPost /forum/post/18491031

People who annoy you are Naggers. Miss that one?

Saw that one, but if you notice they didn't actually say the word. This one was just for shock value and if they actually said the "N" word they'd have had more balls. That episode supposed to be about a misunderstanding- here it was meant as an epithet.

#176 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/18490933

of course you have Matt Stone (Jewish) playing a Jewish character (Rob Reiner)

but no jews call each other that ever..... unlike african americans calling each other with the N word all too often.....

just a bad joke from Stone...