post #661 of 677 Old 09-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Tonight's episode sucked as a show end cap.

That was a finale? It's like the writers forgot this season was only eight episodes long (I know I did) and just rammed everything into 30 minutes wrapped around a frankly stupid idea of Vince suddenly getting married based on his narcissistic and stalker-like girlfriend compilation tape. The reporter couldn't have been that smart if her convictions and opinion were overturned on the basis of one date.

HBO should have made this an extended episode but this season seems to have barely got started before it hit the finale wall.

I guess this was purposefully left with story threads hanging to lead into the movie deal, but as a finale it felt rushed, abrupt and very rough.
Disagree. I liked the finale a lot. Particularly the view of Mrs. Ari at the very end . Seriously though, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Rushed? Maybe. But to me every 30 minute episode always felt too short to me anyway. I will miss the show for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 677 Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S View Post
Rushed? Maybe. But to me every 30 minute episode always felt too short to me anyway. I will miss the show for sure.
Even more reason to have planned this season more effectively. Especially when one episode was only 22 minutes long.

Killing that entire pointless Turtle storyline would have helped. They could have used that time to at least make Vince's romance approach at least some semblance of credibility and not have the characters in five minutes just suddenly decide simultaneously they are going to quit and leave LA and everyone is cool with that.

post #663 of 677 Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Tonight's episode sucked as a show end cap.

That was a finale? It's like the writers forgot this season was only eight episodes long (I know I did) and just rammed everything into 30 minutes wrapped around a frankly stupid idea of Vince suddenly getting married based on his narcissistic and stalker-like girlfriend compilation tape. The reporter couldn't have been that smart if her convictions and opinion were overturned on the basis of one date.

HBO should have made this an extended episode but this season seems to have barely got started before it hit the finale wall.

I guess this was purposefully left with story threads hanging to lead into the movie deal, but as a finale it felt rushed, abrupt and very rough.

I agree with you 100%. It didn't seem realistic that everything would just come to a happy ending in ONE day.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #664 of 677 Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Disagree. I liked the finale a lot. Particularly the view of Mrs. Ari at the very end .
I also enjoyed Sloan's exit.

Ron

HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
post #665 of 677 Old 09-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I'm glad I kept watching after the credits....I almost deleted it before that final scene with Ari. I think that scene was good because the most unrealistic part of the show was Ari suddenly abandoning his career for his family. It just didn't fit his personality or his ambition. By adding that final scene it showed that he probably isn't going to be happy sunbathing in Italy for the rest of his life....
post #666 of 677 Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Even more reason to have planned this season more effectively. Especially when one episode was only 22 minutes long.

Killing that entire pointless Turtle storyline would have helped. They could have used that time to at least make Vince's romance approach at least some semblance of credibility and not have the characters in five minutes just suddenly decide simultaneously they are going to quit and leave LA and everyone is cool with that.

To each his own I guess. I always viewed it as a light show, never paid all that much attention to details of plotlines, and mostly laughed along with the crew. I enjoyed it for years like that and I thought it finished just fine.
post #667 of 677 Old 09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 383
I thought the episode stunk too. They rushed to tie everything up with happy endings for everyone. And Vince getting married to the reporter after one night? C'mon! She's very attractive and smart, no way she'd go for something that quick even with the huge ring.

Eric gets Sloane back, Vince gets the reporter, Ari and Melissa reconcile, Turtle is rich and Drama is doing well.

I guess it was time for the story to end.

Afro GT
post #668 of 677 Old 09-12-2011, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 357
It only occurred to me after someone else mentioned it that Drama is a B-lister in every aspect! He didn't even make the cut to be the best man at the wedding and he's Vince's brother!

post #669 of 677 Old 09-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

It only occurred to me after someone else mentioned it that Drama is a B-lister in every aspect! He didn't even make the cut to be the best man at the wedding and he's Vince's brother!

Half-brother.
post #670 of 677 Old 09-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr281 View Post

Half-brother.

Interesting...I never knew that. I assumed Drama changed his last name for Hollywood.
post #671 of 677 Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by danc8379 View Post

Interesting...I never knew that. I assumed Drama changed his last name for Hollywood.

he did
post #672 of 677 Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

Disagree. I liked the finale a lot. Particularly the view of Mrs. Ari at the very end . Seriously though, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Rushed? Maybe. But to me every 30 minute episode always felt too short to me anyway. I will miss the show for sure.

Perrey Reeves was hotter than hell in that red sort of bathing suit She has looked great throughout this final season.
post #673 of 677 Old 09-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 View Post

he did

Right...but I guess what I meant to say was that I never knew they were half-brothers...assumed they were regular full brothers.
post #674 of 677 Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by danc8379 View Post

Right...but I guess what I meant to say was that I never knew they were half-brothers...assumed they were regular full brothers.

they've made it clear they were half brothers - but they never made it clear which half.
post #675 of 677 Old 09-14-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 View Post

they've made it clear they were half brothers - but they never made it clear which half.

I believe during the "Calf" episode when Drama is embarrassed about his calves, he points out to Vince that Vince got the good calves and he got stuck with dad's calves. Something along the lines of "You've got your mom's calves. I've got dad's." Which makes it seem they share a father, but have different moms.

Which is contrary to other episodes, namely the Aquaman premiere when Drama tells Vince's mom, "I am your first born". So yeah, it really isn't clear to me anyway.
post #676 of 677 Old 09-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Seems the ari scene after the credits was an obvious lead in to a movie huh? I really hope they do some movies, I really liked the characters
post #677 of 677 Old 09-14-2011, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I agree. For 30 minutes it was done very well.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page