D* ad: "already have all the (HD) channels". Really?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 46
The D* ad with Christopher Lloyd as doc Brown claims they "already have all the (HD) channels". Really? I checked the lineup sticky thread and they still have the same channels as when I left them.

Gee they wouldn't mislead us would they?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post

The D* ad with Christopher Lloyd as doc Brown claims they "already have all the (HD) channels". Really? I checked the lineup sticky thread and they still have the same channels as when I left them.

Gee they wouldn't mislead us would they?

If you left them why do you care?
post #3 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 01:26 PM

Liked: 10
Because most people hate D* for misleading people with their HD lineup (or they just hate them, period). They claim to have the best quality, most channels, stuff that just isn't true.. Now yes, they soon will be overflowing with channels when their new sats go up.. but not right now.
post #4 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
It says they have all the best HD channels.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #5 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 01:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
"Most people hate D*"???

I am sure there must be a reputable source for this statement -- which is even further from the truth than the worst claim DirecTV has made.

The fact is that year after year (with a one-year secoind place finish to Dish) DirecTV finishes first in the JD Powers customer satisfcation ratings among all DBS and major cable providers.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertson View Post

If you left them why do you care?

b/c if they're better i'll go back?

some of us actually make rational consumer choices. as opposed to being fanboys or haters.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa View Post

The fact is that year after year (with a one-year secoind place finish to Dish) DirecTV finishes first in the JD Powers customer satisfcation ratings among all DBS and major cable providers.

The fact.....an interesting choice of words.......

August 18, 2006
Curious Interpretation

We have to point out what we could best phrase as curious interpretation of the facts in a Multichannel News articleSatellite Rules J.D. Power Surveyabout the market research firm's latest cable TV/satellite TV customer satisfaction study. To start with, the lead is baffling: "DirecTV and EchoStar Communications once again dominated J.D. Power & Associates' annual customer-satisfaction survey...."

The fact is that Cable took home the trophy for highest customer satisfaction in three of the four regions. Satellite provider DirecTV got the top honors in one region, and, despite the performance credited to it by Multichannel, EchoStar's Dish Network didn't place first in a single region. Cox Communications had the highest score in the West, Bright House Networks in the South, and over-builder WOW! in the North Central region. And here's another baffling declaration: "J.D. ranked DirecTV as the best pay TV company overall, with the direct-broadcast satellite provider receiving the top rankings in overall satisfaction; performance and reliability; cost of service; billing; image; offerings and promotions; and customer service." Actually, after poring through J.D. Power's exhaustive 469-page report, we couldn't find a single place where the firm declared an overall winner. Curious, indeed.

http://www.digitalstraighttalk.com/satellite_tv/
post #8 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIce View Post

Because most people hate D* for misleading people with their HD lineup (or they just hate them, period). They claim to have the best quality, most channels, stuff that just isn't true.. Now yes, they soon will be overflowing with channels when their new sats go up.. but not right now.

I guess there are close to 16 million people that hate them. I will say this they are not the company they used to be I guess that happens when you get as big as they are, however the future looks good and if things like PQ don't change then I may bail ship but I have waited this long and will give them a chance to deliver. I just installed the HR20 and it is a nice piece of equipment so far but as always time will tell. D* for the most part has been a great provider but like any service provider there are issues and tell me which provider does not have issues? Sunday ticket is and always will be the hook for me. I am glad that you found the perfect provider as everyone else is still looking.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I've never heard any company (even Voom) claim to have all the HD channels. Unless someone can verify the direct quote in the thread title, this thread should be closed or merged with many of the existing threads on the topic.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 02:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I've never heard any company (even Voom) claim to have all the HD channels. Unless someone can verify the direct quote in the thread title, this thread should be closed or merged with many of the existing threads on the topic.

The original quote was already verified as being incorrect in a post made above. I'll second it, since I also heard the commercial which states "They already have all the BEST channels."

Of course, that changes a declaration of fact into an opinion. Their idea of "best" may or may not be the same as ours. They could have two channels and declare they have "the best channels".
post #11 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 02:16 PM

The real question is why in the world does this thread even exist????
post #12 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 02:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Don't worry, it's on life support. If you're reading this, then my post just slipped in before the thread was locked....
post #13 of 13 Old 03-04-2007, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Don't worry, it's on life support. If you're reading this, then my post just slipped in before the thread was locked....

... barely.

Thread Closed.
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page