post #271 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 07:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxman View Post

Not me. Impossible in real life (IMO) if you think about it - too much of a 'stretch', and beneath the high level of expectations we've come to expect from the writers.

I agree with that. Too many narrative holes in it [the theory of Dharma, Widmore, Hanso, or somebody else planting fake wreckage and fake bodies to fool the world about the fate of Flight 815]. It would a massive undertaking and it would be difficult, if not impossible, to fool the trained forensic investigators of the FAA, who would quickly smell a rat.

And besides, why? Just so they can keep this handful of people captive on the island? Are they really that important? Doesn't make sense, even by the convoluted plotlines of this show.

No, there's another explanation to Naomi's (that's her name, by the way) claim. My theory? Parallel universe. Given that premise, a lot of things might begin to fall into place to make up the "Unified Island Theory". (Too bad we don't have Steven Hawking contributing to this thread.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two kids and 4 jobs (part time). I do not have time to follow every post.

I actually thought that pic WAS funny, but I am new to the Lost thread. Have been watching Lost since the first show.

Now to contribute: I too hated Nikki and Paolo because the writers threw them in without an explanation. Sad thing is, when they dedicated a show to them, I actually started liking Nikki. Weird.
post #273 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 AM

In regards to the numbers - while I agree that they don't show up as prominently as they did in the past, they still show up in some way or another in ALMOST every episode/set of flashbacks. Most of the ones I've noticed haven't been the whole series of numbers, but just a few out of the series or the sum total of the numbers.

For example I believe on this latest episode the numbers 4 and 16 were written on Mr. Kwon's fishing marker.
post #274 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klouseau View Post

Now to contribute: I too hated Nikki and Paolo because the writers threw them in without an explanation. Sad thing is, when they dedicated a show to them, I actually started liking Nikki. Weird.

I totally agree with you on this. I didn't like them until their last episode. I think they did that on purpose (showed off her assets a bit more). Sort of rubbed it in our face to show us what we'd be missing now...
post #275 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Well I just joined this thread, but thanks to you guys for pointing out what a loser I am. See ya.

Someone wanted to stab me in the face for asking a question that was already asked (and answered)... in the CLOSED Lost thread.

I'm quessing he is 15-16 years old.

There's only a few like him in here, you should stay subscribed.
post #276 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

...most of the posts have been archived now.

They're still there, just in another thread. I hope they're not going to make them inaccessable to us.

ISF calibrated by Eliab - and lovin' it!

My DVD Profiler
post #277 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, it is amazing the effect that something like this can have on one's opinion.

post #278 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I have two kids and 4 jobs (part time). I do not have time to follow every post.

I actually thought that pic WAS funny, but I am new to the Lost thread. Have been watching Lost since the first show.

2 kids? So no pics over on the other thread for us huh?

I liked Nikki. I remember her from her sit-com. Bring her back!
But they could have eased them in a bit slower. Maybe if we just saw them as background members a few times instead of just throwing them up front would have been better.
post #279 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr25 View Post

Rude and hilarious

C'mon, that picture is funny. Us folks that check this thread several times a day should be allowed to poke a little fun at the people with lives every once in a while.

Agreed. I loved it so much I copied and pasted it and sent it to an anal friend of mine.

(OK, after I wrote that, I realized it could be taken 2 ways; I meant anal as in personality wise)

My DVD Profiler
post #280 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

(Too bad we don't have Steven Hawking contributing to this thread.)

He's busy floating in space somewhere.

My DVD Profiler
post #281 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Agreed. ...sent it to an anal friend of mine.

Too much information, man.
(Yes, I saw your disclaimer that you added later. You still need to take a little grief for that one...)

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #282 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sad thing is, when they dedicated a show to them, I actually started liking Nikki. Weird.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Defend liberty.
post #283 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

Too much information, man.
(Yes, I saw your disclaimer that you added later. You still need to take a little grief for that one...)

My DVD Profiler
post #284 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Hmmm, it's still 2004 on the island (and now just close to Christmas); it's 2007 here in the real world.

For the start of the next season (or the end of the current season), I hope the LOST producers do not follow Battlestar Galactica's lead (and was discussed to death, but it worked very well) and do this:

A screen fade-out/fade-in with the words: One Year Later
post #285 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Schauer View Post

now why would Hurley be on the cover
post #286 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

No, there's another explanation to Naomi's (that's her name, by the way) claim. My theory? Parallel universe. Given that premise, a lot of things might begin to fall into place to make up the "Unified Island Theory". (Too bad we don't have Steven Hawking contributing to this thread.)

How about the simpler sinister view: Parachute Girl was sent by the Others or Dharma or whoever to trick the Losties into thinking that they're all really dead. That would tend to make them a lot more passive to the Others than they have been. There's no reason to try to get off the island, they'll be stuck with the Others forever, etc. They can't use the promise of getting off the island to manipulate them so why not use the promise that they'll never get off the island?

Of all places for Patch Adams to noisily stumble upon the Losties it just happened was where Parachute Girl landed. He saw she was injured and had to help her so no reason for stealth at that point. It was also not in their plan for the Losties to get her working sat phone so he absolutely had to grab it. The Others know everyone's names so Parachute Girl would have known Desmond's name (getting the picture requires more explanation of course).

The Others had a sub so no reason to think they wouldn't have a helicopter. The pilot could have cut the engine and made an autorotation landing somewhere on the island.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #287 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:

He's busy floating in space somewhere.

Well, technically, he's floating in the atmosphere not space - though he would like to float in space some day, or maybe he has already in a parallel universe but I digress..............
post #288 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post

In Entertainment Weekly Lindelof said that the characters story line was truncated and they were dispatched due to a poor reception from the audience. I think they're really dead...

Unless they are being brought back to the videogame, where they are the 2 people you play as, and you can only interact with the tailies main characters. Considering other videogames based on TV shows and movies, that wouldn't surprise me. See ENTER THE MATRIX as an example
post #289 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Hmmm, it's still 2004 on the island (and now just close to Christmas); it's 2007 here in the real world.

For the start of the next season (or the end of the current season), I hope the LOST producers do not follow Battlestar Galactica's lead (and was discussed to death, but it worked very well) and do this:

A screen fade-out/fade-in with the words: One Year Later

Even worse than that would be a "Very Special Christmas episode".
post #290 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innova View Post

Even worse than that would be a "Very Special Christmas episode".

And still worse: a musical episode.

post #291 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

As long as Nikki joins the women in chorus, and it's not produced by George Lucas, i just may have to tune in
post #292 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:

(getting the picture requires more explanation of course).

Des had it in the hatch with him. The others could have slipped in and copied it. . . ?

I figured that eye patch was looking for the chutist too, for whatever reason. He looks pretty scruffy- why didn't he go back to the others compound?
post #293 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

My understanding of what they have said regarding the story "arc" being planned out was something like as follows. They cobbled together the pilot ep on very short notice. Obviously at that point they didn't have any long term story plan yet beyond some vague ideas probably. After the pilot aired to big numbers and the show was picked up, they set to work mapping out the basic long term story "skeleton" from which they planned to move forward and flesh out the details as they progressed. So I believe they have had the basic story line (or unifying theory as you say) since fairly early on and have never been just aimlessly drifting along as some would contend.

I agree with this believe it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

Not necessarily you, but some people just seem unable to enjoy it for what it is, warts and all. That's too bad because it's a great show, even with it's ups and downs. I actually do feel sorry for those people who apparently can not suspend disbelief enough to enjoy seemingly anything but documentaries. I do not feel sorry though for the pathetic losers that feel the need to make sure nobody else enjoys a show just because they can't. You know the type, the people that week after week spend inordinate amounts of time purposely trying to prove to eveyone how crappy they think a show is. They just need to get a life and move on...

It's because it's a great show, a landmark show, that I have very high expectations for it. When they screw around and then get needled for it, followed by Lost apologists trotting out the "it's all part of the grand plan" excuse, I feel compelled to criticize both the show and the apologists. I spend zero time critiquing Two And A Half Men and Desperate Anatomy.

klouseau, welcome to the Lost universe. Whatever you do, don't criticize Billy Dee Williams. It enrages the locals.
post #294 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 AM

Liked: 11
Ok, I am pissed because I just typed for 10 minutes and when I posted it said I was logged off

The jist of what I was saying is:

All the ppl that get stranded on the island are from the same universe/dimension, including Desmond, Jack, and FBT. When Ben asked Micky to do the search for the Losties, if parallel universes existed, Micky would have had to identify which PU they were from, access that universe's form of information, and gather the data. If you believe in PU, then you believe there is an infinite amount of PU based on free will/choice. There would also be a nearly infinite amount of outcomes for flight 815 all occuring in different universes. This would make identifying a particular PU IMPOSSIBLE. PU make EVERYTHING referenced to in the timeline of the losties lives "ie: Red Sox winning" subject to change as in in some universes, baseball doesn't exist in another the Red Sox have won every single WS championship and so on. The losties are from our earth, our universe/dimension and are stranded on a supernatural island (most likely also on earth).

Am I wrong?

The original I typed was much better but oh well...
post #295 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Ocham's razor. Remember when the Losties had to move off the beach in season 1 because the tide was coming in and taking their original beach away from them? They made a point to note that the plane wreckage on the shore was going to wash out to sea. Could it be that the wreckage floated away, and somehow made it away from the island (or whatever bubble causes the island not to be "seen", and was found by investigators. Once they found the wreckage, it was assumed by investigators that everyone was lost at sea.

Registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Attorney
post #296 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Bravo, Steve. Simple is good.
However, didn't FBT say that they found the passengers' dead bodies?

Defend liberty.
post #297 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 60
She just said there were no survivors.
post #298 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 AM

I think Naomi/FBT is an Other. She was sent with intel on Desmond to deliver to Patch-man. Since communications are down and the sub is blown up, the heli was the only way to deliver the intel. I do not believe she was sent by Penny.
post #299 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:

Hey, the Buffy musical was extremely well done. Although it seemed like immediately after that they lost something and it just wasn't the same (although still good).

tim
(dang it, now I have to find that CD and load it onto my ipod)
post #300 of 21026 Old 04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Scherrer View Post

Ocham's razor. Remember when the Losties had to move off the beach in season 1 because the tide was coming in and taking their original beach away from them? They made a point to note that the plane wreckage on the shore was going to wash out to sea. Could it be that the wreckage floated away, and somehow made it away from the island (or whatever bubble causes the island not to be "seen", and was found by investigators. Once they found the wreckage, it was assumed by investigators that everyone was lost at sea.

Plane wreckage doesn't float. It tends to stay where it sinks. It would take more than a seat cushion floating in the ocean to declare that they found the wreckage.

Ocham's razor tells me it's another elaborate trick by the Others. I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the Juliet operation.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page