'LOST' on ABC HD - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #211 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 01:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

I'm with Charlie; they should've killed him dead. Sayid would've wiped him out without blinking.

but only after he fixed up parachute girl! They could have shot him in the back. He was stealing after all.


VisionOn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,623
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

I think she did, but she was rehashing old news (faking).

The point is, though, there was a reference to the numbers after the hatch blew, so that wasn't the catalyst for the numbers no longer being referenced in the flashbacks.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #213 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Clarence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Northern Virginia Projector: G90 CRT
Posts: 8,851
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Oh good grief, now that's got me thinking that most of them didn't actually crash there. They were all the original Dharma scientists who got mind wiped and reprogrammed in The Others' Room 101 and dumped on the beach in a fake crash scene or what was left of the original crash.

Did the Others really see a plane crash or were they also just programmed to think they saw a plane crash? Or was there a real plane crash but with no real survivors?

Are Desmond's deja vu flashes just fragments of multiple incomplete erases?

And maybe Locke was never in a wheelchair, he was just re-programmed with artificial memories of being in a wheelchair. Why? To instill an allegiance to the island or a controlling authority?

Maybe they're pushed to the limit of killing or making a decision against their moral fiber under extreme circumstances. Maybe the study is trying to change/cure the subject's root moral fiber. What makes people tick? Can you change the way their minds tick?

Can the body heal faster if the mind allows it to? Faith healing? Mental placebo? Does accelerated healing come at the price of accelerated aging?

Can mindpower convince infertile women into becoming physically capable of bearing children, only to have physical reality overpower their body again in the 3rd trimester?

Why did the big statue have four toes?
Clarence is offline  
post #214 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Scherrer View Post

How did he fake the sonic sound (redundant?) the fence made when he went to stand in the middle of it?

Since this is Lost, it could be anything. I assume however that we will never find out.

WilliamR is offline  
post #215 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
petergaryr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: St Johns, FL
Posts: 6,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Scherrer View Post

Oh, I agree, the lack of numbers may certainly be that the writers simply wrote them out.

Hurley may have indeed won the lottery, which was cross-referenced on tv sets in Korea. But that doesn't mean he actually used the numbers to do it...

The problem with the numbers and how they are being dealt with is related to a similar issue I have with Heroes (and I am a fan of both shows).

The explanation of what the numbers mean has already been given, not within the context of the show, but via the web "experience". It is like some of the background information that is contained in the online comics for Heroes.

When I read these threads, there are those people who seem to get annoyed when those of us who don't indulge in the "extras" debate things that, as far as they are concerned, have already been answered.

Personally, I'm annoyed at this trend. I want to watch a show, and get all the information I need from it alone. I don't want to have to go to some other media to play a game or read a badly drawn comic to get the information I need to make sense of things. Now, I don't mind waiting for answers within the show. At some point, I do hope that the writers will provide, within the context of the show itself, the explanation provided on the web.
petergaryr is offline  
post #216 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gmichael2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth, today.
Posts: 1,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

I think archiguy said it best. Once you're dead, you're dead. But major injuries can be overcome, thanks to the island.

(faking).

But they weren't dead when they were buried.
Gmichael2 is offline  
post #217 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Clarence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Northern Virginia Projector: G90 CRT
Posts: 8,851
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
How many days have they been buried now? How deep were they buried? How long can you go without food and water?

I'm not sure that story line is finished yet. Why write them into the cast only to kill them off in with Twilight Zone or Hitchcock-ish irony?

Maybe Ben will come walking up with them to make Hurley and the Losties believe that Ben, the Others, or the Island has supreme powers.
Clarence is offline  
post #218 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,323
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmichael2 View Post

But they weren't dead when they were buried.

Quite true. But, absent a "rescue" attempt by Vincent, one presumes they soon suffocated and went up to that big island in the sky. A nasty way to go, for sure, but one the writers prepared us for by making them unrepentant murderers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post

How many days have they been buried now? I'm not sure that story line is finished yet. Why write them into the cast only to kill them off in with Twilight Zone or Hitchcock-ish irony?

The story I've heard is that the writers had originally intended a much broader story arc for Niki and Paulo, but overwhelming fan objections to them just "showing up" and inserting themselves in the cast caused their future to be rewritten as a very short one.
archiguy is offline  
post #219 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gmichael2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth, today.
Posts: 1,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Quite true. But, absent a "rescue" attempt by Vincent, one presumes they soon suffocated and went up to that big island in the sky. A nasty way to go, for sure, but one the writers prepared us for by making them unrepentant murderers.

But she was a hottie!
Gmichael2 is offline  
post #220 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence View Post

How many days have they been buried now? I'm not sure that story line is finished yet. Why write them into the cast only to kill them off in with Twilight Zone or Hitchcock-ish irony?

Why have two major characters sail off into the sunset with no explanation for any of the plot threads they left behind?

That's the writers for you.


VisionOn is offline  
post #221 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Gmichael2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth, today.
Posts: 1,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Why have two major characters sail off into the sunset with no explanation for any of the plot threads they left behind?

That's the writers for you.

So you can bring them back at the end with answers to all of our questions. And to bring back more hotties.
Gmichael2 is offline  
post #222 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

Personally, I'm annoyed at this trend. I want to watch a show, and get all the information I need from it alone. I don't want to have to go to some other media to play a game or read a badly drawn comic to get the information I need to make sense of things. Now, I don't mind waiting for answers within the show. At some point, I do hope that the writers will provide, within the context of the show itself, the explanation provided on the web.

what works in Heroes favor is that the online comic isn't necessary to understand what happens week to week. They explain enough as the show goes on to fill in the blanks.

Lost on the other hand explains almost nothing about the backstory of events and things on the island and just piles it on. If some of the Experience stuff was actually addressed it wouldn't make such a huge gulf between the two. The Experience has been over for a long time, yet we have yet to see anyone on the show really mention anything about Dharma, Widmore, Hanso or elaborate on anything like that.

I'm expecting this to get worse when the Lost video game comes out. I expect that will be used to explain other things that the show hasn't (or won't) get around to. And I really don't want to play a Lost video game.


VisionOn is offline  
post #223 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,323
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

what works in Heroes favor is that the online comic isn't necessary to understand what happens week to week. They explain enough as the show goes on to fill in the blanks.

That's true, but the comics do provide a lot of background - especially with regard to Hana, Linderman, and Papa Patrelli. They're worthwhile, and fun, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Lost on the other hand explains almost nothing about the backstory of events and things on the island and just piles it on. If some of the Experience stuff was actually addressed it wouldn't make such a huge gulf between the two. The Experience has been over for a long time, yet we have yet to see anyone on the show really mention anything about Dharma, Widmore, Hanso or elaborate on anything like that.

I'll bet we get a lot more Dharma drama before the end of the season. They really do need to get on with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I'm expecting this to get worse when the Lost video game comes out. I expect that will be used to explain other things that the show hasn't (or won't) get around to. And I really don't want to play a Lost video game.

Oh no. Are you serious? Maybe the recent downturn in ratings will scuttle this lame idea. We can always hope. My wife got me the LOST board game for Christmas (yep, they really made one). It sits unopened in its box, waiting for the inevitable re-gifting. Of course, it's a season out of date now.
archiguy is offline  
post #224 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Oh no. Are you serious? Maybe the recent downturn in ratings will scuttle this lame idea. We can always hope. My wife got me the LOST board game for Christmas (yep, they really made one). It sits unopened in its box, waiting for the inevitable re-gifting.

No it's sadly true.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Ent...1982147&page=1

May 22, 2006 -- ABC's hit television creeper "Lost" is following in the footsteps of other small-screen blockbusters like "CSI" and "24" and is finding new life in the gaming world.

Though still in the very early stages of development, Touchstone Television and game maker Ubisoft announced today that a deal to make the game is final and that it's now in the hands of the programming geniuses at Ubisoft's Montreal studios.



They said it would be out this year so I'm guessing they are going to use it to fill the Summer void again.


http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id...This_Year.html
Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cruse both confirmed the news during a podcast today, claiming that the game will be out later this year. They also stated that the title would be released on multiple consoles, stating "Not just for Xbox [360]; it'll also be PS3 and PC compatible."

"We were sitting here with the guys that are making it, [who] actually are from Canada - Montreal. And they did a demo of some of the elements of it and it's really cool. It's actually going to be a pretty cool game."


VisionOn is offline  
post #225 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NorthJersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 2,733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Scherrer View Post

How did he fake the sonic sound (redundant?) the fence made when he went to stand in the middle of it?

Gas ?

The backers of DHARMA seem to have a lot of $$$ and influence, such that they can always provide up to the minute status of people that's occurring off the island. Doesn't anyway think that this organization somehow planted a faux-815 plane with dead bodies to make the outside world think that everyone died ? That way, DHARMA has the survivors at their disposal to do whatever they want with them, knowing full well how impossible it is for them to leave the island.

For the Q about Rousseau, most likely she's alive b/c Alex was conceived off the island, like Aaron in regards to Claire
NorthJersey is offline  
post #226 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Oh no. Are you serious? Maybe the recent downturn in ratings will scuttle this lame idea. We can always hope. My wife got me the LOST board game for Christmas (yep, they really made one). It sits unopened in its box, waiting for the inevitable re-gifting. Of course, it's a season out of date now.

Maybe the answers to the entire show are in that box! It could be the magic box of which Ben speaks.

Maybe it tells you where Walt and Michael went and what happened to that storm that Arzt said was coming but never arrived.


VisionOn is offline  
post #227 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,323
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id...This_Year.html
Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cruse both confirmed the news during a podcast today, claiming that the game will be out later this year. They also stated that the title would be released on multiple consoles, stating "Not just for Xbox [360]; it'll also be PS3 and PC compatible."

"We were sitting here with the guys that are making it, [who] actually are from Canada - Montreal. And they did a demo of some of the elements of it and it's really cool. It's actually going to be a pretty cool game."

You know what that means: they're getting a cut.

Actually, if you think about it, considering there's at least a year's development time in something like this, the LOST writers had to fill in these Canadian game designers on the whole seasons plotlines ahead of time so that the game will at least be relevant and current to the show when it comes out. Of course, it will start to become obsolete just as soon as next season's episodes begin... which is what made the concept of a board game so stupid. At least a video game will have a slightly longer shelf life.
archiguy is offline  
post #228 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
scowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 10,487
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStever View Post

Did anyone get a chance to spot out the combination of the safe Sun's father opened to get the $100K?

7-3-4-7...

Obviously Sun's father doesn't watch the show.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
scowl is offline  
post #229 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Scherrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Maybe the answers to the entire show are in that box! It could be the magic box of which Ben speaks.

Maybe it tells you where Walt and Michael went and what happened to that storm that Arzt said was coming but never arrived.

I thought Arzt predicted a change in the seasonal wind patterns, and informed the raft crew they better get moving, or the wind would carry them in the wrong direction???

Registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Attorney
Steve Scherrer is offline  
post #230 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Schauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Port Townsend WA
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Though still in the very early stages of development, Touchstone Television and game maker Ubisoft announced today that a deal to make the game is final and that it's now in the hands of the programming geniuses at Ubisoft's Montreal studios.

Steve Schauer is offline  
post #231 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
klouseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Catharines, ON, Canada
Posts: 504
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

GREAT! My wife's long held belief that they are in prugatory is back!!

WHAT WAS SHE REALLY SPEAKING IN ITALIAN????????

I said (on feb 22nd) they were in purgatory too and that Henry was god!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post9848578

Quote:
Originally Posted by klouseau View Post

When the first and second season ended...this is what I thought was going on in Lost.

That Oceanic flight landed on what is really Purgatory. And The Others are God (Henry) and his angels. They "kidnapped" (rescued) the people that were good in life (children etc) and the rest (Losties) were left in Purgatory to decide their fate. If you look at all the back stories, all the Losties have done some kind of sin (stealing, murder etc) that would send them to hell. The Losties are being watched by The Others to see if they can earn redemption. It would explain the supernatural power the Others have.

Anyone else think this makes sense?

klouseau is offline  
post #232 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
mr2828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

The Experience has been over for a long time, yet we have yet to see anyone on the show really mention anything about Dharma, Widmore, Hanso or elaborate on anything like that.

The problem is the Experience events occurred in 2006, while the show is still in 2004. I think in a podcast they said because of this the Experience events will likely never "crossover" with the show or be specifically mentioned. But this doesn't rule out addressing some of this information in other ways on the show.
mr2828 is offline  
post #233 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 03:13 PM
R11
AVS Special Member
 
R11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 4,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 56
It's a major bummer that even when you've placed someone on IGNORE, their ongoing rantings continue to show up in other poster's quotes . At least at the theater when you happen to sit next to the asshat that spends the whole movie complaining that this couldn't happen, or that's impossible, you can just get up and move...


ron
R11 is offline  
post #234 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Schauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Port Townsend WA
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love how whenever someone brings up purgatory the response is "oh no the producers have debunked that theory". It's not like they would ever mislead us.
Steve Schauer is offline  
post #235 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 03:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2828 View Post

The problem is the Experience events occurred in 2006, while the show is still in 2004. I think in a podcast they said because of this the Experience events will likely never "crossover" with the show or be specifically mentioned. But this doesn't rule out addressing some of this information in other ways on the show.

Which is what we are still hoping for. Since obviously the Dharma experiments have been in operation a long time. Well before the Losties arrived. Some explanations of the what, who, why and the "huh?" behind all the Dharma branded stuff littering the island would be nice.


VisionOn is offline  
post #236 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
 
jcavner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post


Originally Posted by SbWillie
GREAT! My wife's long held belief that they are in prugatory is back!!

WHAT WAS SHE REALLY SPEAKING IN ITALIAN????????

I was referring to what eyepatch stated as being,"THank you."

She was speaking portuguese and she said 'I'm not alone'

- jrod
/"don't mess with a man with a way-back machine, Dave."
jcavner is offline  
post #237 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 04:16 PM
R11
AVS Special Member
 
R11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 4,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Schauer View Post

I love how whenever someone brings up purgatory the response is "oh no the producers have debunked that theory". It's not like they would ever mislead us.

I wouldn't put a little "misdirection" past the producers. But I will be extremely surprised if the "purgatory" theory ever comes to be though.

My theory on the numbers is that what started out as just a fun thing (in an easter egg kind of way), took on a life of it's own when too many fanatical LOST viewers began trying to attribute something to them that wasn't there. They essentially died due to their own over popularity maybe.


ron
R11 is offline  
post #238 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Steve Schauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Port Townsend WA
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

I wouldn't put a little "misdirection" past the producers. But I will be extremely surprised if the "purgatory" theory ever comes to be though.

My theory on the numbers is that what started out as just a fun thing (in an easter egg kind of way), took on a life of it's own when too many fanatical LOST viewers began trying to attribute something to them that wasn't there. They essentially died due to their own over popularity maybe.


ron

Which is exactly why I don't care in the least that the producers said it's not purgatory and it's not science fiction or whatever else they said.

They've also said the whole arc is plotted out and yet we know that Jack was gonna die early on and Ben was a one or two episode character.
Steve Schauer is offline  
post #239 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 04:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

My theory on the numbers is that what started out as just a fun thing (in an easter egg kind of way), took on a life of it's own when too many fanatical LOST viewers began trying to attribute something to them that wasn't there. They essentially died due to their own over popularity maybe.

well that was the fault of the producers. In the first season you couldn't move for the numbers! As well as being hidden in almost every nook and cranny of a flashback, you had them on Hurley's lottery ticket (and an entire episode based around them!), in the radio broadcast Rousseau heard, on the hatch (and later in the hatch as another focal point) ...

they screwed themselves if they were just having fun!


VisionOn is offline  
post #240 of 21026 Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
mr2828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The producers' official pronouncements have lost their power a bit since they brought in this Desmond time loop stuff since they had previously said there would be no time travel on the show.

However the purgatory thing has holes in it anyway like for instance how to explain that people like Ethan have traveled back and forth from the island, plus we assume many Dharma folk in the past when things were going better for them.

My latest pet theory is some kind of parallel worlds/quantum many worlds thing. Like maybe the losties came from one world, then when the hatch blew up it shifted things to a different parallel Earth where in that one the plane crashed with no survivors. Instead of a time loop, Desmond might be seeing flashes from other Earths where Charlie did really die each time. Or to put it another way the show could be following branch after branch of worlds where Charlie lives.
mr2828 is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off