Forum Jump: 
 56Likes

post #95461 of 95473 Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Dad, the use of blue characters results in the text not being viewable at all when the new retro skin is used. Change to the retro skin and look for yourself.

You need to find a color that works for all three skins, as blue doesn't work with dark or retro.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #95462 of 95473 Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Dad, the use of blue characters results in the text not being viewable at all when the new retro skin is used. Change to the retro skin and look for yourself.

You need to find a color that works for all three skins, as blue doesn't work with dark or retro.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #95463 of 95473 Old Today, 01:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 161
How do you switch to retro skin? I don't even know what retro skin is.
post #95464 of 95473 Old Today, 01:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Summer TCA Tour Notes
Starz to Debut ‘Outlander’ Premiere Free a Week Early, Show Gets Split Season
By Jethro Nededog, TheWrap.com Team - Jul. 11, 2014

Starz announced two developments regarding the first season run of its much-anticipated series, “Outlander.”

First, the premium cable network will release the premiere episode a week ahead of its television debut. The premiere episode will be available on multiple online and television platforms, including Starz.com/Outlander, the Starz “Outlander” Twitter page, the Starz YouTube page, Starz “Outlander” Facebook Page and the free STARZ PLAY app for all users in the United States starting Aug. 2.

A week later, the series will officially debut on Starz on Aug. 9 at 9/8c. But, it will only air the first half of the show's 16-episode first season on Saturdays through Sept. 27. The remaining episodes will air in early 2015.

When asked why Starz decided to split the season up, Starz CEO Chris Albrecht told TheWrap in a statement that the move bought some time for the production to finish the show.

“While airing a season in two parts is not a new strategy, in the case of ‘Outlander,’ it allows the production enough time to finish making this beautiful — and very epic — show,” Albrecht said. “As it is now, it will be shooting through the end of September, well past its August 9 premiere. This also allows us to get other projects on the air before the end of the year that we've wanted to experiment with, like ‘The Missing.'”

Adapted from Diana Gabaldon's popular novel of the same name, “Outlander” follows Claire (Balfe), a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743.

In the past, her life is threatened and she's forced to marry Jamie Fraser (Heughan), a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior. As a result, Claire becomes torn between her two lives.

“Battlestar Galactica” producer Ronald D. Moore and Jim Kohlberg are executive producers of “Outlander,” which is produced by Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining and Supply Company and Left Bank Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television.

http://www.thewrap.com/starz-to-debu...-split-season/

Summer TCA Tour Notes
‘The Chair’ Producer Zachary Quinto Talks ‘Skepticism’ About Unscripted TV
By Tim Kenneally, TheWrap.com Team - Jul. 11, 2014

Zachary Quinto admitted Friday that he wasn't sure about getting involved in the upcoming Starz series “The Chair,” an unscripted competition series about two filmmakers vying for a $250,000 prize as they make two separate movies adapted from the same script.

Speaking to reporters at the Television Critics Association at the Beverly Hilton hotel on Friday, “Star Trek” star Quinto — who serves as co-executive producer on the series — noted that he was wary that the series would be manipulated to hype up the drama.

“I had a certain level of skepticism about involving myself in a documentary series. But I think the thing that I recognized is that this show was made with a certain level of creative integrity and that it truly is about documentation rather than manipulation,” Quinto said of the series, which premieres Sept. 6. “I think Anna and Shane would attest to that as the filmmakers. We stayed out of the way we captured stuff and we tell the story of the show based on what actually happened rather than trying to make things happen.”

“The Chair,” created by “Project Greenlight” alum Chris Moore, chronicles the efforts of Shane Dawson and Anna Martemucci to make their films on a relatively paltry budget of $950,000, only $600,000 of which was available as discretionary budget to the directors. The winner will be determined by viewers via a multiplatform voting process.

While Dawson, who boasts more than 10 million subscribers, would seem to have a competitive edge in the voting process, Moore emphasized that — so far, at least — there are scant examples of YouTube filmmakers transitioning into mainstream filmmaking success.

“To be perfectly honest, if it were as simple as whomever has 10 million fans on YouTube is going to turn into a massive filmmaker and all those people are going to go out and buy tickets and buy DVDs, the world would be a totally different place,” Moore said.

Besides, both Dawson and Martemucci emphasized, while the quarter-million dollars would be nice, participating in the show itself has already provided its own rewards.

“The fact that we're both making a movie that we don't have to break our own bank for, which we've been doing since we started, we have final cut, we get distribution, we're on the show, we have this platform … I mean, the fact that there is a prize is unnecessary, in my opinion,” Dawson said.

“It's almost secondary,” Martemucci added. “I don't think [the prize] would change my life as much as this experience has already changed my life … I wanna win; I just recognize that I've been given something more valuable already.”

http://www.thewrap.com/the-chair-pro...unscripted-tv/
post #95465 of 95473 Old Today, 01:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Summer TCA Tour Notes
‘Virgin Territory’ Not Your Usual MTV Fare
By The Deadline.com Team - Jul. 10, 2014

At today’s TCA, MTV Head of Programming Susanne Daniels acknowledged that the channel deciding to air a series on virginity is a lot like “Snooki and JWoww on Meet The Press.”

But both the exec and the creative forces behind MTV’s new docuseries Virgin Territory (launching July 16) said they believe MTV is doing a public service by examining the young generation’s thoughts on virginity.

Today’s panel included Sarah Brown, CEO of The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, and three young people whose lives are explored on the show: Dominique Sullivan, a 22-year-old single virgin; Lisa Youngerman, 23, who saved her virginity for marriage; and Alec Melger, 21, a virgin who says he is doing his best to change that.

“I love to talk about sex, but I’m not having it,” Melger said to laughter. “Abstinence is not for me. Whether you are waiting or you are down to lose it, it’s your choice”. He said he loves Jersey Shore and that as a 4th grader an MTV show exposed him to a “threesome in a bathtub, and I thought that was really cool.”

Daniels, who introduced the panel, defended network programming that depicts people becoming sexually active at an early age — in particular 16 And Pregnant and Teen Mom. “I feel a great deal of responsibility,” Daniels said. She made a point of saying “I didn’t develop Teen Mom, I didn’t put it on the air” and that her first reaction was that she thought the idea “sounded exploitative.”

However, both she and Brown cited a recent study from the respected Brookings Institution that shows that the rate of teen pregnancy has dropped significantly in communities where Teen Mom and 16 And Pregnant have high viewership.

MTV as birth control? It was clear that not all of the audience was buying it. But Brown said the main point of Virgin Territory is to paint a realistic picture of how the young generation views virginity.

Brown said research indicates that “well over 70%” of young adults admire the decision to abstain until marriage even if they make a different choice for themselves. “I’m not taking sides here, I’m just reporting [survey] results,” she said.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/mtv-...virginity-tca/

Summer TCA Tour Notes
VH1 Execs Talk ‘Dating Naked’; LeAnn Rhimes & Eddie Cibrian Set The Record Straight

Today’s TCA panels on new VH1 shows were preceded by EVP Original Programming and Production Susan Levison begging TV critics to approach VH1’s new series Dating Naked without “preconceived notions”. (Check out the clip below).

This was a tall order since the executive also said that the show had not been screened for critics because the production team was still putting “the final blurs” over the daters’ genitalia. Still, the audience chuckled good-naturedly at a clip in which a naked male dater setting out on a date on the water said: “If I get excited, we’re going to need a big boat.”

Dating Naked is one of three new shows premiering Thursday July 17: Dating Naked (9 PM) Candidly Nicole (10 PM) and Leann And Eddie (10:30 PM) There was no Dating Naked panel, but married couple LeAnn Rhimes and Eddie Cibrian were on hand to explain why their show about themselves isn’t exploitative, either.

The couple said they pitched their series (from Duck Dynasty producers Scott and Deirdre Gurney) to VH1 as a chance to set the record straight on their tabloid-fodder lives. Said Rhimes: “Everyone has used our lives as entertainment. We wanted to take our lives back.”

Once they take their lives back, what about next season, one journalist wanted to know? “I guess that’s up to the tabloids. If they want to stop writing about us, we won’t need to set the record straight.” Cibrian joked, adding the show could last because it “is really about our relationship.”

And, Cibrian wisecracked: “Susan [Levison] has already said she wants to do LeAnn & Eddie Naked”.

Here’s a clip for Dating Naked: [CLICK LINK]

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/vh1-...aan-eddie-tca/

Last edited by dad1153; Today at 01:36 AM.
post #95466 of 95473 Old Today, 01:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Summer TCA Tour Notes
'Better Call Saul': New photos, details from 'Breaking Bad' spin-off
By James Hibberd, EW.com Team - Jul. 11, 2014

The producers of Better Call Saul are answering some questions about the hotly anticipated Breaking Bad spin-off prequel, and AMC is releasing some new photos. Writer-producers Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould took questions from reporters at the Television Critics Association’s press tour in Beverly Hills on Friday. Here’s what we learned:

1. The series regulars and their confirmed character names joining star Bob Odenkirk: Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad) as “fixer” Mike Erhmantraut, Michael McKean (This is Spinal Tap) as Chuck, Rhea Seehorn (Franklin & Bash) as Kim, Patrick Fabian (Grey’s Anatomy) as Hamlin and Michael Mando (Orphan Black) as Nacho.

2. Better Call Saul is set in 2002 — six years before Saul (Odenkirk) meets Walter White (Bryan Cranston) in Breaking Bad. Funny enough, that the events in Breaking Bad starting in 2008 is also new information, Gilligan said, noting that the original show never specified what year it took place. “I hesitate to say it, but it is indeed a period piece,” Gilligan said.

3. Yet the show will definitely jump around in time, as has been widely reported. “I think the best way to answer this and not get yelled at is you saw from Breaking Bad that we like non-linear storytelling and jumping around in time,” Gilligan said. “I would point you in the that direction, that anything that’s possible in Breaking Bad is possible in Better Call Saul.”

4. Saul Goodman’s name in Better Call Saul is not yet Saul Goodman. When we meet Odenkirk’s character, he’s actually known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer hustling to make ends meet and working with Mike. The series will track Jimmy’s transformation into Saul Goodman.

5. McKean plays Goodman’s brother. “So we have these two comedy legends working together,” Gould noted.

6. The show will not copy Breaking Bad’s neo-Western visual style. “Peter came with an idea book of frame grabs from classic movies, like The Conformist, we talked a lot about Kubrick,” Gilligan said. “We’re doing our damndest to make it as different as possible. It’s important that this not look like a carbon copy of Breaking Bad.”

7. Walter White will only show up if it makes sense: “If it makes sense we’ll do it, if it doesn’t make sense we won’t,” Gilligan said. “I’d love to have him as a director … character wise, who knows? Maybe there’s a way to do it.”

8. There’s a chance fan-favorite villain Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) could return: “There’s always a chance, yeah,” Gilligan said. Added Gould: “These are all characters we love and with Gus there is so much more to say about that character, and we certainly love Giancarlo. Having said that, we’re trying to make something that stands on its own that has an entertainment value that’s not just seeing a series of old favorites. It’s not the series equivalent of a clip show. So we try to balance these things out. But I agree there’s so much to be said about Gus — although in the series it always seemed to me that Saul didn’t know Gus directly. He knew a guy who knew a guy.”

9. The reason Better Call Saul was pushed from fall to early 2015: “I am slow as mud as a TV writer,” Gilligan said. “We had a pace on Breaking Bad thanks to AMC that was deliciously stately … we have a way of doing things that’s slower than most tv shows … because we want to think everything through and we think that pays dividends.”

10. Some Breaking Bad directors are returning: After Gilligan’s premiere, Michelle MacLaren (Game of Thrones) will direct episode 2, Terry McDonough (who directed the first Saul episode) directs episode 3 and Colin Bucksey (four episodes of Breaking Bad) helms episode four and Adam Bernstein (Fargo) has episode 5.

Better Call Saul is set to premiere in early 2015. As previously announced, Gilligan directed the first episode of the first season, which will consist of 10 epiosdes. The second season will consist of 13 episodes.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/11/be...l-saul-photos/

Summer TCA Tour Notes
Martial arts drama from 'Smallville' team coming to AMC

Could AMC successfully resurrect the martial arts TV drama?

On Friday, AMC announced a straight-to-series order for Badlands, a new series based “very loosely” on the Chinese tale “Journey to the West.” The project is from writer-producers Al Gough and Miles Millar, who in addition to The CW’s Smallville also did the kung fu comedy film Shanghai Noon. Also on board are producers Stacy Sher and Michael Shamberg (Pulp Fiction) and martial arts filmmakers Daniel Wu (Tai Chi Zero) and Stephen Fung. The show’s pitch: “In a land controlled by feudal barons, Badlands tells the story of a great warrior and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.”

For TV fans of a certain age, the project will naturally bring to mind the 1970s classic series Kung Fu, which starred starring David Carradine as a Shaolin monk who traveled the American West. But that would be Kung Fu and Walker, Texas Ranger … not much else that’s been broadly popular lately — unless you delve into kids’ programming, which is full of martial arts-themed shows such as Power Rangers and Avatar: The Last Airbender. So like how AMC brought zombies to prime-time with The Walking Dead, the network could be onto something here since martial arts is common in kids’ programming and in movies, just not the focus of grown-up TV shows. AMC has ordered six episodes for a premiere in late 2015 or early 2016.

“This creative team has so much expertise in bringing a fresh take to classic genres from their film and television experience, and their take on martial arts will be no exception,” said Joel Stillerman, AMC’s executive vice president of original programming. “Along with a beautiful story, they’ve also assembled the A-Team of martial arts fight choreography in Daniel Wu and Stephen Fung.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/11/am...ts-smallville/
post #95467 of 95473 Old Today, 01:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

TV/Legal Notes
Tracy Morgan Sues Wal-Mart Over Deadly Crash
By Aaron Couch, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Hollywood Esq.' Blog - Jul. 11, 2014

Tracy Morgan is suing Wal-Mart over a New Jersey Turnpike accident that left one person dead and several people hospitalized, including the 30 Rock actor.

Wal-Mart driver Kevin Roper allegedly plowed into a limousine van carrying Morgan on June 7, and Morgan and others injured in the accident allege negligence on Wal-Mart's part in a lawsuit filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in New Jersey.

Read the complaint here.

"Wal-Mart was careless and negligent in the ownership and operation of its motor vehicle, which caused Mr. Morgan to suffer severe personal injuries,” the complaint reads. “As a direct and proximate result of said collision, Mr. Morgan was caused to sustain severe painful bodily injuries, including but not limited to multiple fractures which required multiple surgeries, extensive medical treatment and will require significant physical rehabilitation.”

Plaintiffs include Krista Millea, the wife of late comedian James McNair, who died in the accident, as well as Morgan's assistant, Jeffrey Millea, and comedian Ardie Fuqua. The plaintiffs are suing for negligence, and in addition, Millea is suing for loss of consortium.

They are seeking compensatory and statutory damages, punitive damages, legal fees, as well as pre and post-post judgment interest, among other things at a trial by jury.

Wal-Mart expressed its sorrow over the accident in a statement.

"This has been a terrible tragedy. We wish Mr. Morgan, Mr. Fuqua Jr., and Mr. Millea full recoveries," the statement reads. "Our thoughts continue to go out to them, their families and friends, as well as to the families and friends of everyone involved, including Mr. McNair who lost his life. We are deeply sorry that one of our trucks was involved. As we’ve said, we’re cooperating fully in the ongoing investigation. We know it will take some time to resolve all of the remaining issues as a result of the accident, but we’re committed to doing the right thing for all involved."

The suit alleges that Roper was fatigued when the accident occurred, and that "Wal-Mart knew, or should have known" that he had been "awake for more than 24 consecutive hours" ahead of the crash. According to the suit, Roper had commuted 700 miles from his home in Jonesboro, Ga. to a Wal-Mart facility in Smyrna, Del., before beginning his shift.

"Additionally, there were many Wal-Mart distribution facilities closer to Mr. Roper's home — including nine in Georgia alone — which would have significantly reduced Mr. Ropers commute to work," the suit reads.

It says Wal-Mart either "knew or should have known" that it was "unreasonable" for Roper to drive 700 miles before his shift. The suit also alleges Roper fell asleep at the wheel immediately before the crash as a result of his fatigue. It goes on to say Wal-Mart turns a blind eye to workers who break regulations regarding shift limits set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

"Wal-Mart not only failed to condemn, but condoned this practice of its drivers routinely violating the F.M.S.C.A. Regulations," the suit reads.

Roper was going 65 mph in a 45-mph zone just before the accident, according to a National Transportation Safety Board report. Roper has plead not guilty to death by auto and assault by auto charges.

Morgan left the hospital on June 20 and was moved to a rehabilitation facility.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...al-mart-718146
post #95468 of 95473 Old Today, 01:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Summer TCA Tour Notes
Can ‘The Divide’ Do for WE Tv What ‘Mad Men’ Did for AMC?
By Whitney Friedlander, Variety.com Team - Jul. 11, 2014

Next week, WE tv will premiere “The Divide,” marking the basic cabler first attempt at an original scripted series — a leap into its rebranding strategy to be less known for femme-focused programming.

Created by writer-director Richard LaGravenese (“Behind the Candelabra,” “Water for Elephants”) and “Scandal” actor Tony Goldwyn, the eight-episode series follows a case worker and a district attorney both struggling to maintain their morals in a corrupt and racist justice system where an inmate is behind bars for a crime he (maybe?) didn’t commit. (Goldwyn also directed two episodes during his off time from leading the free world on “Scandal.”) If this sounds more high-brow that what’s expected from WE tv, that’s because it was a project originally workshopped for sister channel AMC.

At the channel’s Television Critics’ Assn. panel on Friday at the Beverly Hilton hotel, the creators and stars commented on this inevitable comparison:

Whitney Friedlander @loislane 79
Follow
Greatest decisions AMC made was 1) say no, but keep contracts 2) reinvent it for WE -- LaGravenese #TCA14 @TheD ivide_WEtv

They acknowledge the gravity of the show’s subject matter and worked with the Innocence Project, the nonprofit legal organization that works to overturn wrong convictions, for accuracy. This is issue that has haunted Goldwyn since he directed 2010′s “Conviction” and he said the subject matters in “The Divide” are “amalgams” of actual events, switching races and situations for stronger impact.

Whitney Friedlander @loislane 79
Follow
Every life associated w violent crime is extraordinary & makes for great storytelling -- @TonyG oldwyn #TheDivide #TCA14
6:46 PM - 11 Jul 2014

The panelists also acknowledged comparisons to Goldwyn’s day job, particularly when asked if they took anything away from Shonda Rhimes’ political sudser.

“How to shoot the sex scenes,” joked “The Divide” actress Marin Ireland.

“The Divide” premieres at 9 p.m. July 16 on WE tv.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/divi...mc-1201261474/

Summer TCA Tour Notes
Pivot Renews ‘Please Like Me’ for Season 3, Greenlights Conservation Series ‘The Operatives’
By Laura Prudom, Variety.com - Jul. 11, 2014

Pivot has renewed comedy “Please Like Me” for season three, the network announced Friday at the Television Critics Assn. summer press tour.

The series is created by and stars Australian comedian Josh Thomas, and centers around Thomas’ character, Josh, and his life, relationships and misadventures after he comes out to his family. Season two premieres Fri., Aug. 8 at 10:30 p.m. on Pivot. Inspired by the series, and continuing its mission to spark conversation and inspire change, Pivot has teamed with the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) on Say Something, a social action campaign that highlights the experiences of the 1 in 4 individuals living with mental illness to help de-stigmatize the issue, and sway policymakers to prioritize passing comprehensive mental health legislation.

The network has also greenlit “The Operatives,” an original series chronicling the life of adventurer, author and eco warrior Pete Bethune and his team of extreme conservationalists, who travel the world to take on and expose the offenders who are harming vulnerable wildlife, natural resources and ecosystems around the world.

“I’m thrilled to be working with Pivot on this new, action-packed series that tackles environmental and wildlife issues in a way you have never seen before on television,” Bethune said in a statement. “Pivot has a history of supporting ground-breaking conservation documentaries and series, and to have them bring our series to their network is awesome.”

In the first of eight, hourlong installments, Bethune and his team — which includes a former SEAL Team 6 member, a U.S. Marine and a Maori paratrooper — set out to film the Nambian seal pup kill that results in the deaths of 90,000 animals annually.

Pivot also announced that original drama series “Fortitude,” starring Stanley Tucci, will make its premiere in January 2015. The 12-episode first season tells the story of the small, Arctic town of Fortitude, whose peaceful existence is shattered after a brutal and shocking murder. Sheriff Dan Anderssen (Richard Dormer) leads the investigation and is forced to work alongside DCI Morton (Tucci), a detective who’s flown into Fortitude.

The network announced that it will debut two new half-hour comedies on Fri., Oct. 17 beginning at 10 p.m.: “Freestyle Love Supreme” an improv series inspired by the acclaimed stage show from Tony and Grammy award-winners Lin-Manuel Miranda and Thomas Kail, and “Welcome to Fairfax,” which explores the vibrant arts district of Los Angeles and the entrepreneurs who work and live on those blocks.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/plea...ot-1201261309/
post #95469 of 95473 Old Today, 02:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Summer TCA Tour Notes
LeBron James’ Absence Demands Explanation During Starz's ‘Survivor's Remorse’ Panel
By Jethro Nededog, TheWrap.com Team - Jul. 11, 2014

Starz's Television Critics Association panel for its first half-hour comedy, “Survivor's Remorse,” had to answer for their missing executive producer, LeBron James, on Friday.

At the top of the session, the first question from press was, “So, LeBron couldn't make it?”

The basketball player was an early inspiration on the project. Now based in Boston, the show was once set in James’ own Cleveland.

“There are a lot of earlier drafts that no one has seen,” writer and executive producer Mike O'Malley said.

“Survivor's Remorse” tells the story of a young man named Cam Calloway (Jessie T. Usher), who's challenged with honoring those who helped him reach success as his basketball career goes into overdrive.

With about half of the panel completed, the producers were once again faced with explaining James’ absence.

“What exactly is LeBron doing today?” a reporter asked.

On the spot and amid laughter, executive producer Maverick Carter said, “He may be in the H.R. office filling out his paperwork for his new job, getting a physical…”

That's likely true. It was announced earlier on Friday that the four-time MVP left the Miami Heat to rejoin the Cleveland Cavaliers. But, Carter made it clear that his absence during the panel was no indication of James’ work ethic or how he feels toward the series.

“LeBron is very, very busy with his job and the playoffs and going through all the free agency things,” he said. “He's obviously a big supporter of the show, a big supporter of Mike's. He loves the show and obviously he has his reasons, he's not here.”

He continued, “He is getting a new job, literally. I was being a little sarcastic, but the truth is he got a new job today and he's celebrating with his family. And when you get a new job at the NBA, instead of going through H.R. like a normal job, you do have to go through a physical.”

“Survivor's Remorse” airs in the fall.

http://www.thewrap.com/lebron-james-...remorse-panel/

Summer TCA Tour Notes
Kiss's Gene Simmons Disses Ex-Bandmates, Michael Vick
By Tim Molloy, TheWrap.com Team - Jul. 11, 2014

Kiss's Gene Simmons played offense during a panel about his new AMC show “4th and Loud,” mocking his ex-bandmates’ struggles with addiction and taking shots at Michael Vick.

Simmons and a more diplomatic Paul Stanley took the stage at the Television Critics Association summer press tour Friday to discuss their new reality show about the L.A. Kiss, their Arena Football Team.

Asked why he and Stanley were the only original Kiss members who remain in the band, Simmons wasn't kind.

“Why would you dump your best friend who became a crackhead and a loser?” he asked. “We love and respect those guys for what they did at the outset of the band, and they succumbed to the cliches of cliches, which is drugs and alcohol. Are you kidding me? If you're going to pass the ball to your teammate and they can't see where the goal is, they've got to leave.”

Original Kiss-mates Ace Frehley and Peter Criss have both been open about their struggles with addiction.

Stanley opined that being in the band at the start didn't guarantee lifetime membership “if you can no longer uphold your end.”

Added Simmons: “Do you have a car? You ever get a flat tire? What'd you do, the whole car stopped because one flat tire decided the car shouldn't run? Or did you change the flat tire?”

Simmons also said he wanted Tim Tebow to join the L.A. Kiss, in part because he has good values and “doesn't torture dogs” — a reference to Michael Vick.

Simmons and Stanley will both feature prominently in the 10-episode first season of “4th and Loud,” which debuts Tuesday, August 5 at 10/9c on AMC.

http://www.thewrap.com/kiss-gene-sim...-michael-vick/
post #95470 of 95473 Old Today, 02:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Summer TCA Tour Notes
SundanceTV’s ‘The Honorable Woman’ Shoots Down Conspiracy Theory, Sequel Hopes
By Lisa De Moraes, Deadline.com - Jul. 10, 2014

Discussion of SundanceTV‘s new miniseries The Honorable Woman — a political thriller starring Maggie Gyllenhaal — began with a question about the girl who was cast as the young Nessa when she’s “darker” than Gyllenhaal. Apparently in the UK, where the show’s already debuted on BBC Two, it’s sparked some conspiracy theories — child-switching may be involved.

BAFTA-winning writer/director/producer Hugo Blick appeared to be unaware of the kerfuffle overseas, and said that when the young actress was cast she was “very much paler” than when she returned from a holiday, which they tried to correct in post — “but apparently not enough.”

As a great conspiracy died at birth, the press turned to their “How about all these substantive roles on TV for women — your thoughts?” question they like to pull out of their pocket whenever a woman who’s starred in movies comes before them at a TV Press Tour to talk about her TV project. In the project, Gyllenhaal plays a British woman who witnessed the assassination of her father, a Zionist arms procurer, grew up to head his company, which she transformed into a company that lays high spec data cabling networks between Israel and the West Bank, gets appointed to the House of Lords, and triggers an international political maelstrom

Janet McTeer, who was also on stage this afternoon — she plays Dame Julia Walsh in the miniseries — stepped up and spoke eloquently about watching a movie that has 1,700 parts for guys but just three women, who all have to be gorgeous and under 25. Walsh also is fed up with movie roles that require women to wear shoulder pads and talk and behave like men. Gyllenhaal admitted she likes wearing shoulder pads, but otherwise is on the same page. Blick jumped in to note the political thriller genre is inherently masculine, which is a genre he thought would be interesting to populate with a group of women.

TV critics wanted to know if, despite this being billed as an eight-part miniseries, there was a chance the franchise could continue, or spawn a spinoff. The question was understandable — FX calls American Horror Story a miniseries, as well as Fargo, and some people think HBO should have done same with True Detective.

“Part of the trust we offer the audience is that it’s THIS story,” Blick said, dashing critics hopes. “We’re not trying to wink and say ‘Maybe there’s another one.’ It’s got something profoundly engaging to say…because the conclusion it takes is final.”

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/magg...dance-channel/

Summer TCA Tour Notes
SundanceTV Serves Up Four-Hour ‘One Child’ On Thanksgiving Weekend
By The Deadline.com Team - Jul. 10, 2014

The original miniseries follows the story of Mei, a young woman born in China and raised by British parents who is called back to Guangzhou by her desperate birth mother after Mei’s brother is wrongly accused of murder. One Child stars Katie Leung as the woman who struggles in the face of crisis to determine her family loyalties, true identity and the meaning of family. Elizabeth Perkins, Donald Sumpter play her UK parents.

SundanceTV will air the four-hour mini, which it acquired in the spring, on November 28 & 29. One Child is a BBC Drama production for BBC Two, co-produced with SundanceTV and distributed by BBC Worldwide North America. Hilary Salmon is the executive producer. It marks the former Sundance Channel’s third consecutive collaboration with BBC Worldwide, following the mini Top Of The Lake, which won a Golden Globe for star Elisabeth Moss, and the upcoming The Honorable Woman, toplined by Maggie Gyllenhaal.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/sund...iving-weekend/
post #95471 of 95473 Old Today, 02:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

TV Notes
On The Air Tonight
SATURDAY Network Primetime/Late Night Options
(All shows are in HD unless noted; start times are ET. Late night shows are preceded by late local news)

ABC:
8PM - Bet On Your Baby
9PM - Mistresses
(R - Jul. 7)
10PM - Nightline Prime

CBS:
8PM - Bad Teacher
8:30PM - Bad Teacher
9PM - Under The Dome
(R - Jul. 7)
10PM - 48 Hours

NBC:
8PM - Dateline NBC (120 min.)
(R - Jul. 12, 2013)
10PM - The Blacklist
(R - Mar. 3)
11:29PM - Saturday Night Live (Lena Dunham hosts; The National performs, 93 min.)
(R - Mar. 8)

FOX:
7PM - MLB Baseball: Regional Coverage (LIVE)
11PM - Animation Domination High-Def (60 min.)
(R)

PBS:
(check your local listing for starting time/programming)
8PM - Austin City Limits (Randy Newman) (R - Nov. 12, 2011)

UNIVISION:
8PM - Sábado Gigante (Three Hours)

TELEMUNDO:
6:30PM - Movie: Fast & Furious 4 (2009)
8:30PM - Movie: Terminator Salvation (2009)
post #95472 of 95473 Old Today, 02:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Nielsen Notes (Cable)
History Wins With ‘Pawnography’ Game Show Debut Starring ‘Pawn Stars’ Trio
By Dominic Patten, Deadline.com - Jul. 11, 2014

Turns out the move into game shows were a good bet for the gang from Pawn Stars and for History. The 10 PM debut last night of Pawnography pulled in 2.82 million viewers with 995,000 among Adults 18-49 and 1.2 million among the 25-54s. While that is far below the 3.18 million total viewers who tuned in for the Season 8 premiere of Pawn Stars in October, the premiere of the Leftfield Pictures game show actually is the best any new show has done on History this year. Appalachian Outlaws drew 2.79 million for its January 9 premiere Fellow reality series Curse Of Oak Island got 2.5 million for its January 5 debut. It certainly didn’t hurt Pawnography that its debut was the lead-out to the most recent episode of Pawn Stars, which was watched by 3.477 million viewers and was the most watched original on cable last night.

in Vegas, home of the World Famous Gold and Silver Pawn Shop made even more famous after 8 cycles of the reality show, and hosted by comedian Christopher Titus, Pawnography sees contestants face off against PS stars Rick Harrison, his son Corey and his pal Austin “Chumlee” Russell. Through three escalating rounds, participants can win cash and valued items from Harrison’s personal collection at the pawn shop. History ordered 10 episodes of Pawnography in April, but with viewership numbers like last night’s debut, no doubt it intends to put the latest effort from three of the channel’s biggest stars in hock anytime soon.Maybe they can even get “Old Man” Richard Harrison to make a cameo.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/hist...gs-pawn-stars/
post #95473 of 95473 Old Today, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
How do you switch to retro skin? I don't even know what retro skin is.
Scroll down all the way to the bottom....on the left theres a dropdown box with options avs forums new, dark, retro, mobile.

But if i switch it to retro i can still see blue like where its says summer tca tour, tv legal notes so not sure why mrvideo cant see it ?

I use dark & can see blue there too.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List