post #96961 of 96965 Old Today, 06:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
So, how did "Madam Secretary" did on its Sunday premiere?

SUNDAY's fast affiliate overnight prime-time ratings -and what they mean- have been posted on Analyst Marc Berman's Media Insights' Blog.
This is one person that won't be watching it now. I had planned on watching the second airing of the pilot. But they changed the schedule and never showed it here. I had the recording padded to make sure I caught it with the NFL overrun. But since they didn't show what was originally scheduled, I can at least scratch this show off my list.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #96962 of 96965 Old Today, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
This is one person that won't be watching it now. I had planned on watching the second airing of the pilot. But they changed the schedule and never showed it here. I had the recording padded to make sure I caught it with the NFL overrun. But since they didn't show what was originally scheduled, I can at least scratch this show off my list.
You're not going to watch the show because of the NFL overrun issue?
post #96963 of 96965 Old Today, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
We had the exact same thing happen here. We found it for free on Apple tv.
post #96964 of 96965 Old Today, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 97
It only did a 2.0 even with the huge NFL/60 Mins leadin -- will see how much it falls next week without all the help.

post #96965 of 96965 Old Today, 09:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
The 2014/15 Season
Networks' need for hit sitcoms is no laughing matter
By Yvonne Villareal and Meg James, Los Angeles Times' 'Company Town' Blog - Sep. 22, 2014

There's a backstage drama happening this fall on TV, and it's all about comedy.

The major networks are in a sitcom slump, unable to generate the kind of magic found in shows like "Seinfeld," "Friends" and "The Big Bang Theory."

Of the 21 new comedies last year, just five are set to return this fall. Only 14 of the 82 prime-time comedies unleashed since 2009 are on the air.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...ry.html#page=1
I'm not sure why this is a problem.

TV genres ebb and flow over the decades - and even season to season. The fact that people aren't tuning in to sitcoms just means the networks have to pursue other forms of entertainment.

The fact is, every form of TV eventually falls into a rut where there's too much of the same thing and people simply don't tune in to it.

It's happened with Westerns, Variety Shows, Soap Operas, Game Shows, Sci-Fi and quite a few other categories. Even reality TV fell off for a while when people got sick of the glut of it on the broadcast networks. Now it's picking up again on cable, while the shows on broadcast still flounder. The 50's and 60's produced a ton of Westerns and Variety Shows. The 70's was all over gritty dramas offset by comedies and sci-fi shows. In the 80's, it was all about family action dramas and night time soaps. The 90's produced gritty police procedurals and hospital dramas, mixed with major comedy hits. The 2000's saw the rebirth of the game show, which led to the competition show boom. Now it's back to police, hospital and lawyer procedurals.

The fact is, I don't see why comedies are any more vital to TV than any other type of show. If people want them, they'll watch them. Otherwise, why force something on people that obviously isn't what they want to see?
Mark12547 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NetworkTV; Today at 09:50 AM.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page