Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Nielsen Overnights (18-49)
NBC comedy block declines on Tuesday
New 'Marry Me' falls 17 percent in its second week, to a 1.9
By Toni Fitzgerald, Media Life Magazine - Oct. 22, 2014

NBC’s Tuesday night comedy block declined by double-digit percentages in its second week.

The new show “Marry Me” posted a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating at 9 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, off 17 percent from last week’s 2.3 debut.

That was still easily the top comedy of the night on broadcast and keeps it behind ABC’s “Black-ish” as the No. 2 new sitcom this season.

“Marry” held 61 percent of its lead-in from “The Voice,” the night’s No. 1 non-sports show with a 3.1.

“Marry” lead-out “About a Boy” slipped to a series-low 1.4, off 18 percent from last week’s second-season debut. “Boy” is in a tougher timeslot this year, moving from 9 p.m., where its lead-in was “Voice,” to 9:30, where its lead-in is “Marry.”

Those weren’t the only comedies to fall Tuesday, on a night with stronger competition than usual with Fox’s World Series coverage kicking off.

ABC’s “Manhattan Love Story” also dropped to a series low, posting a 0.7, off 22 percent from last week. Lead-in “Selfie” had better luck, posting a 1.1, up a tenth from last week.

But the 9 p.m. drama “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” was off 12 percent to a series-low 1.5.

CBS’s “NCIS: New Orleans” posted its best rating since its series premiere last month, drawing a 2.4 at 9 p.m., up 0.2 from last week.

At 8 p.m., “NCIS” was off a tenth from last week, to a 2.4.

The CW’s Tuesday lineup continues to post good ratings. “The Flash” drew a 1.4, off 18 percent from last week but still well above the typical CW show, while lead-out “Supernatural” drew a 0.9.

Fox was first for the night among 18-49s with a 2.9 average overnight rating and a 9 share. NBC was second at 2.2/7, CBS third at 2.1/6, ABC fourth at 1.2/4, CW and Univision tied for fifth at 1.1/3 and Telemundo was seventh at 0.5/2.

As a reminder, all ratings are based on live-plus-same-day DVR playback, which includes shows replayed before 3 a.m. the night before. Seven-day DVR data won’t be available for several weeks. Forty-nine percent of Nielsen households have DVRs.

Also, ratings for Fox’s World Series coverage are approximate as fast nationals measure timeslot and not actual program data.

At 8 p.m. Fox was first with a 3.3 for its first hour of baseball, followed by NBC with a 3.1 for “Voice.” CBS was third with a 2.4 for “NCIS.” The CW and Univision tied for fourth at 1.4, CW for “Flash” and Univision for “Mi Corazon es Tuyo.” ABC was sixth with a 0.9 for “Selfie” (1.1) and “Manhattan” (0.7) and Telemundo seventh with a 0.4 for “Reina de Corazones.”

Fox was first again at 9 p.m. with a 3.0 for baseball, while CBS moved to second with a 2.4 for “NCIS: NO.” NBC was third with a 1.7 for “Marry” (1.9) and “Boy” (1.4), ABC fourth with a 1.5 for “S.H.I.E.L.D.,” Univision fifth with a 1.2 for “Hasta el Fin del Mundo,” CW sixth with a 0.9 for “Supernatural” and Telemundo seventh with a 0.5 for “Los Miserables.”

At 10 p.m. Fox led with a 2.4 for baseball, with NBC second with a 1.9 for “Chicago Fire.” CBS was third with a 1.5 for “Person of Interest,” ABC fourth with a 1.2 for “Forever,” Univision fifth with a 0.8 for “La Malquerida” and Telemundo sixth with a 0.7 for “Señora Acero.”

CBS finished first for the night among households with an 8.7 average overnight rating and a 14 share. Fox was second at 6.5/11, NBC third at 5.2/8, ABC fourth at 2.7/4, CW fifth at 1.6/3, Univision sixth at 1.1/3 and Telemundo seventh at 0.8/1.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/sun...ll-scores-nbc/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #97502 of 97507 Old Today, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Technology Notes
Netflix Says 4K Streaming Will Change Web Video Forever
Ready or not, here comes Ultra HD.
By Michael Desjardin, Reviewed.com - Oct. 21, 2014

At the annual MIPCOM conference in Cannes, Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos revealed that the streaming giant will shoot all of its original content in 4K from here on out. That includes original series like House of Cards and Orange Is the New Black, as well as movies like the recently announced Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend.

The news arrives on the heels of the announcement that Netflix is increasing the price of 4K streaming to offset the higher costs of producing and distributing ultra-HD content.

But despite the higher price point, Netflix believes that 4K is here to stay, and—more importantly—that service providers are already equipped to handle the transition.

"The advancements in compression will be able to deliver 4K just fine with current broadband speeds," Sarandos remarked at the MIPCOM keynote. "All of our original series are being shot in 4K, and certainly our original features."

The transition is the next logical step for Netflix, which has been steadily shifting its focus from distribution to programming in recent years. By producing ultra-high definition content, the company is aiming to stake its claim in the next generation of digital programming.

In fact, Sarandos believes 4K streaming is nothing short of a game-changer. "It will completely invert people’s expectations of quality of content on the internet."

According to spokesman Cliff Edwards, Netflix users who have already accessed UHD content will be grandfathered into their existing plan for at least two years. Future adopters hoping to flex their TV's 4K muscles via Netflix will have to upgrade to a "platinum" $11.99 plan.

http://televisions.reviewed.com/feat...ampaign=collab
post #97503 of 97507 Old Today, 10:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

TV Sports
Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski Named NBC Sports Lead Figure Skating Broadcast Team
By Tony Maglio and Ryan O'Connell, TheWrap.com - Oct. 22, 2014

Move over Scott Hamilton, Tom Hammond and Sandra Bezic — NBC Sports Group has a new No. 1 figure skating broadcast team: Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski and play-by-play announcer Terry Gannon. All three previously served as commentators during NBC's coverage of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.

“Johnny, Tara and Terry were breakout TV stars in Sochi,” said Jim Bell, Executive Producer of NBC Olympics. “We're excited that viewers will be treated to this team's informative and entertaining commentary for many years to come, all while looking fabulous.”

The three will make their fall debut together on Oct. 26 during the 2014 Hilton HHonors Skate America, which is the first competition of the seven-event ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series.

Hamilton, who has provided commentary for NBC since 2002, will remain part of the broadcast team as a special contributor. The network also said Hammond would return for their 2016 Rio Olympics coverage to cover track and field.

As TheWrap previously reported, Weir and Lipinski most recently served as fashion experts for NBC Sports’ coverage of the Kentucky Derby in May and “Access Hollywood's” coverage of the 2014 Academy Awards.

“I am so honored to be a part of the NBC family and I hope to bring figure skating and the Olympics into America's living rooms for many years to come,” Weir said. “I could not have asked for a better first experience than in Sochi and along with my broadcast partners Tara and Terry. I cannot wait to start a fresh new era of commentary and analysis that will entertain and inform. I love my sport and I can't wait to go on more Olympic journeys!”

“NBC gave us an opportunity of a lifetime in Sochi, I could not be more excited to continue this journey,” said Lipinski. “My goal is to continue educating, entertaining and bringing the incredible sport of figure skating to a new generation of fans. It is an honor to be a part of an Olympics. I cannot wait to begin and I'm lucky to have my talented co-pilots Johnny and Terry by my side. Being a part of this is a combination of all of my favorite things and I look forward to the adventures in the years ahead.”

“I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to cover skating at the highest level on NBC with partners that are informative, unpredictable and uniquely stylish…time to upgrade my wardrobe,” Gannon said.

Weir is a three-time U.S. figure skating champion. Lipinski won a gold medal at the 1998 Nagano Olympics.

http://www.thewrap.com/johnny-weir-t...-sports-group/
post #97504 of 97507 Old Today, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
In fact, Sarandos believes 4K streaming is nothing short of a game-changer. "It will completely invert people’s expectations of quality of content on the internet."
It sounds like Sarandos is thinking about the wrong kind of quality. People want good programming, not high resolution. "You haven't lived until you've seen this cat playing the piano in razor-sharp UHD! It's the start of an Internet video revolution!"
DrDon, Nayan and Mark12547 like this.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page