Hot Off The Press: The Latest TV News and Information - Page 3318 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 894Likes
post #99511 of 99512 Unread Today, 01:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7
Dont care i FF commercials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
But pretty soon there won't be enough "show" left to bother recording in the first place.
Now that I'm without cable and DVR I'm experiencing first-hand the commercial overload in OTA network programming. It's nuts. "The Price Is Right," a gameshow that itself is a series of endless commercials for the prizes the contestants are bidding on, is down to about 36 to 37 min. when the commercials and credits are excluded. Drew Carey is going so freaking fast and the show is so rushed that we rarely get reactions from the contestants when they win their big prizes. Just bam! You win, 'we'll be right back,' split-second of contestant jumping, fade to black. If a gameshow barely has time to show the one thing that gameshows are supposed to show, i.e. a contestant winning, then commercial overload is already wagging the dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #99512 of 99512 Unread Today, 01:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Nielsen Notes (Cable)
Cable overnights: ‘Americans’ dips slightly
By Media Life Magazine Staff - Jan. 29, 2015

“The Americans” drew a slightly smaller audience for its third-season bow.

The FX drama averaged 796,000 adults 18-49 Wednesday night, according to Nielsen overnights, off 8 percent from last year’s premiere, which averaged 863,000.

Among total viewers the show was up very slightly from last year, from 1.8 million to 1.89 million.

TBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” repeat topped the night in both total viewers and 18-49s. The top original show on cable in 18-49s was A&E’s “Duck Dynasty,” which drew 1.177 million.

[CLICK LINK BELOW TO SEE CLIPS]

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/cab...dips-slightly/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page