Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Television
Is your TV digital? If it isn't, read on

Washington Post
Feb. 15, 2008, 6:19PM

One year from now, on Feb. 17, 2009, TV stations will cease analog broadcasting as federal rules require stations to transmit their signals digitally. Millions of viewers who watch television over the air using a set-top or rooftop antenna will have to take some sort of action by then to continue to watch. So, what do you need to do? Read on:

• Do you subscribe to a paid TV service, such as cable or satellite?
— If YES, then you're ready. No matter what level of service you get, you'll still be able to receive TV programming come Feb. 17, 2009.

— If NO, then does every TV in your house have a built-in digital tuner? (If it was built in March 2007 or later, it does. If it was builit in 2004 or later, it probably does. If it was built in 1998 or earlier, it doesn't. If you're not sure, check your owner's manual or the manufacturer's Web site.)

—If NO, then you need to take action. For each TV you own without a tuner, you must do one of the following:

Option 1 (Cheapest): Buy an analog-to-digital converter box that plugs into an existing television. Boxes are available now at more than 250 electronics retailers, including Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears, Target and Wal-Mart. Average cost: $50-$70.

Option 2: Subscribe to a satellite or cable provider and make sure each TV you want to watch is connected to service.

Option 3: Ditch the old TV and buy one with a built-in digital tuner. (Sets made since March 2007 are required by law to have the tuner installed.

• SAVE: Through March 2009 you can apply for up to two $40 coupons per household, good toward the purcase of a converter box. The coupons are good for 90 days after the date they're mailed. Retailers accept only one coupon per converter box.
To get coupons, call 888-388-2009.

Or, order coupons online at www.dtv2009.gov.

Any questions? Visit www.dtv2009.gov, or call 888-388-2009.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/tv/5543452.html

Links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14942 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 12:38 AM
EJ
AVS Special Member

Is "Breaking Bad" new on Sunday?

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #14943 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfa View Post

TV Notes
The CW reveals post-strike premiere dates
The Hollywood Reporter, Feb 15, 2008

The CW Friday announced its post-strike premiere dates and episode orders for its returning scripted series:

-- "Smallville," April 17, five episodes

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...71273c0fb2974c

That makes them 2 episodes short of there normal 22 (had 21 first season and 23 the next with 22 every other year) couldn't they have found enough time to do 2 more?
post #14944 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 50
I am sure the time to make them wasn't a problem -- more likely it was the time to get them made and then scheduled before the season ends.

post #14945 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

Sony's Seinfeld, King of Queens and other off-net sitcoms air on TBS' high-definition network, TBS HD, in upconverted hi-def. That means TBS converts a standard-definition picture to a 16:9 format so it fills a wide screen, but it isn't true HD. Those shows haven't been remastered yet, according to a Sony spokesperson.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ind...leID=CA6533084

are they doing that ? arent they really just "stretching" it.

post #14946 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 08:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Dish: Local HD Would Cost $1 Billion, 3 Satellites, 4 Years

February 15, 2008

If satellite providers were required to broadcast all local must-carry channels in HD, it would cost EchoStar “over a billion dollars” in upgrades across the 174 markets where Dish Network offers local service, the company told the FCC.

“Our fleet of eight DBS satellites is at, or near, full capacity today,” the company said in a filing describing a Feb. 8 phone conversation with FCC officials. “If Dish Network were required to carry all must-carry channels in HD, approximately three new, state-of-the-art satellites—with access to corresponding new spectrum—would need to be designed and constructed to meet those new burdens, This is a four-year process with a price tag of over a billion dollars.”

Furthermore, said Dish, if bandwidth on transponders waited fallow for local broadcasters to start their HD broadcasts, it would deprive many communities from receiving popular HD channels including those of NFL games and the 2008 Summer Olympics.

“HD-hungry consumers would be forced to subscribe to higher-priced services, such as cable,” Dish said.

The company also said HD carriage is a far greater burden for satellite providers than for cable, since the satellites are not reclaiming any spectrum previously used for analog channels.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/pages/s.0015/t.11300.html

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #14947 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 11:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGRSBSKIER View Post

That makes them 2 episodes short of there normal 22 (had 21 first season and 23 the next with 22 every other year) couldn't they have found enough time to do 2 more?

Quote:

I am sure the time to make them wasn't a problem -- more likely it was the time to get them made and then scheduled before the season ends.

It may also be an issue of making them. Smallville is a very FX-heavy show. All that rendering takes a lot of time.

Another issue may very well be that the soundstages may have been used for other productions that may not have been affected by the strike while production on Smallville was halted. There are several very complicated sets on the show that would have to be taken out of storage and put back together before shooting could begin.

post #14948 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

All I'll say is, "Intertesting post".

Cheers, Dave
post #14949 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 12:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post

I was surprised how far behind Dish admitted they are since DirecTV has the capability now to do all the LIL markets in HD.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #14950 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 12:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 398
Quote:

I was surprised how far behind Dish admitted they are since DirecTV has the capability now to do all the LIL markets in HD.

Do they? All sub-channels included? AFAIK, DirecTV has not covered all markets yet in HD, I think they still have another 50+ to go. And from what I've been reading here they are just about out of current capacity.
post #14951 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

February 15, 2008

If satellite providers were required to broadcast all local must-carry channels in HD, it would cost EchoStar “over a billion dollars” in upgrades across the 174 markets where Dish Network offers local service, the company told the FCC.

“Our fleet of eight DBS satellites is at, or near, full capacity today,” the company said in a filing describing a Feb. 8 phone conversation with FCC officials. “If Dish Network were required to carry all must-carry channels in HD, approximately three new, state-of-the-art satellites—with access to corresponding new spectrum—would need to be designed and constructed to meet those new burdens, This is a four-year process with a price tag of over a billion dollars.”

Furthermore, said Dish, if bandwidth on transponders waited fallow for local broadcasters to start their HD broadcasts, it would deprive many communities from receiving popular HD channels including those of NFL games and the 2008 Summer Olympics.

“HD-hungry consumers would be forced to subscribe to higher-priced services, such as cable,” Dish said.

The company also said HD carriage is a far greater burden for satellite providers than for cable, since the satellites are not reclaiming any spectrum previously used for analog channels.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/pages/s.0015/t.11300.html

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Do they? All sub-channels included? AFAIK, DirecTV has not covered all markets yet in HD, I think they still have another 50+ to go. And from what I've been reading here they are just about out of current capacity.

It's very interesting to point out that it would be extrememly difficult and expensive to match what cable already has been forced to do. Not to mention, Cable also has to carry the Analog version of those same channels, a huge bandwidth requirement, for several more years too.

vegggas

Helpful Links
-
post #14952 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

When D11 is launched in a few weeks, that will complete D*'s HD plans of 150 national channels and 1500 local channels. There is only 1700 local stations in the country and not all stations are HD and not will all be HD and not all stations multicast. I would suspect if forced, there is enough bandwidth available for subchannels particularly when the analogs go away, that will free some of the MPEG2 bandwidth that can be reused for MPEG4. Now, will that happen? Your guess is as good as mine, but I am sure that question has been internally answered at D* and they are ready for whatever the future holds. The only issue D* says they have is getting all of the current in use POPs for LIL converted to digital for 2/17/2009. From the Feb 7 filing with the FCC, Dish's future is no where as certain.

post #14953 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 02:08 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Lafayette, LA is still waiting
post #14954 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

I was keying more on the above when it comes to all the cable-bashing that happens whenever cable moans about something like Cablecard vs DCAS, must-carry, etc. And, like vegggas mentioned, there is no reclaiming anything for cable yet, though some are moving a few more analogs to their digital tier. But Dish is right in that cable has some things they can do to add bandwidth, including mpeg4, SDV, etc. While some of these might be expensive, they are probably easier and quicker than launching more sats. Of course, Dish and Direct could always merge and combine capacities, right?

Cheers, Dave
post #14955 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 04:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:

When D11 is launched in a few weeks, that will complete D*'s HD plans of 150 national channels and 1500 local channels. There is only 1700 local stations in the country and not all stations are HD and not will all be HD and not all stations multicast. I would suspect if forced, there is enough bandwidth available for subchannels particularly when the analogs go away, that will free some of the MPEG2 bandwidth that can be reused for MPEG4. Now, will that happen? Your guess is as good as mine, but I am sure that question has been internally answered at D* and they are ready for whatever the future holds. The only issue D* says they have is getting all of the current in use POPs for LIL converted to digital for 2/17/2009. From the Feb 7 filing with the FCC, Dish's future is no where as certain.

Don't forget: D* also has D12 standing by. If D11 gets up and running with no problem, they could theoretically launch D12 if they needed more capacity and build another ground spare for later. That should take care of any extra bandwidth they might need for the foreseeable future.

post #14956 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post

Is "Breaking Bad" new on Sunday?

Yes it is new. Episode 4 according to AMC.
post #14957 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 04:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Of course, Dish and Direct could always merge and combine capacities, right?

That has already been tried. The government disapproved it.

post #14958 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, I know. But things can change and if push came to shove, who knows what might happen in the future? Not that I think it will happen, mind you.

Cheers, Dave
post #14959 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And judging by the still not-united XM and Sirius, the gov't isn't going to become too fond of the idea anytime soon. That's minding you that if Sirius and XM go under, that whole industry is dog food. So, if the gov't is disincliend to approve a merger that might save an emerging industry, they're not going to care at all for a merger in a healthy industry.
post #14960 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

TV Notes
So Who Wins the Big Prize?
It’s the Host
By Joe Rhodes, The New York Times, February 17, 2008

LOS ANGELES--The audience members, 325 people who had waited outside for nearly three hours, shivering in the wet breezes of a California midwinter storm, were going nuts before he even walked onstage, screaming as if they were at a pep rally, dancing in the aisles, chanting his name, making so much noise they barely even noticed that he’d begun speaking, that Drew Carey was already asking, “What’s the first item up for bids today on ‘The Price Is Right’?”

The ratings for “Price,” America’s longest-running game show are down — by 9 percent since Mr. Carey took over as host from Bob Barker in October — but you’d never know it from the enthusiasm of the crowds that still pour into Studio 33 (since last year also known as the Bob Barker Studio) of CBS’s Television City complex in Hollywood. They show up wearing their homemade “Drew Is the Man” T-shirts, erupting with high-decibel elation whenever Rich Fields, the announcer, asks one of them to “come on down!”

And Mr. Carey, who initially passed on the offer to succeed Mr. Barker, seems equally pleased to be there. CBS claims to be unconcerned with the ratings downturn, writing it off as part of an overall slip in daytime viewership and inevitable after the high numbers that accompanied the final days of Mr. Barker’s tenure.

For six consecutive Fridays beginning Feb. 22, CBS will bring back its occasional prime-time version of the show. (Regular episodes will continue Monday through Friday at 10 a.m.) Touted as “The Price Is Right Million-Dollar Spectacular,” the prime-time shows — for the first time with Mr. Carey — will feature chances to win a $1 million showcase of prizes, as opposed to those worth $15,000 to $40,000 usually offered during the daytime show.

Mr. Carey may have had higher-paying and higher-profile gigs — nine years of sitcom stardom on “The Drew Carey Show,” eight years as host of “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” — but none that seem to satisfy him quite so much as giving away cash, grandfather clocks and Brand New Cars on a daytime game show.

“When they first approached me,” Mr. Carey said, recalling an early conversation with the “Price Is Right” executive producer Syd Vinnedge, “Syd asked me, ‘What do you like to do best?’ And I went, ‘I love leaving big tips.’

“He said, ‘Well, on ‘The Price Is Right’ you get to give away money all day.’ And I thought, yeah, that’s a good way to spend your day. I thought it would be fun and cool. I don’t see how I could ever get tired of it. How do you get tired of joy?”

Not that he didn’t have doubts about succeeding Mr. Barker, 84, who as host of the show for 35 years seemed as integral to its success and identity as its gigantic spinning wheel and other pricing games.

“When they first approached me and said, ‘Would you think about taking over for Bob Barker?’ my first thought was: ‘Are you kidding me? I’ll get murdered.’ ”

Mr. Carey would only do the show with Mr. Barker’s blessing, which came at a lunch meeting last summer. “Drew has done exactly what I would advise any young host to do, which is to not worry about how it was done before,” Mr. Barker said in a telephone interview. “You’ve got to go out there and do the show the way you want to do it. It’s your show.”

“The Price Is Right” is slightly looser with Mr. Carey in charge. He talks to the contestants more and is not opposed to cracking an occasional joke about some of the lower-end prizes, the porcelain knickknacks and “constipation caplets” aimed at the older audience members. But the jokes are gentle, not cutting, and the general structure of the show has not changed.

Nor have the contestants, who, as Mr. Carey is quick to point out, are chosen from the general audience. “All you’ve got to do is show up, and you have a chance to be on the show. If you want to know what America’s like, watch ‘Price Is Right.’

“And for every single person that makes it onstage, it’s like a Joseph Campbell journey, an everyman plucked from obscurity to attempt a journey, with obstacles placed in their way. And I just want to be a good guy for them, so they can win money. I’m there to help them on their journey.”

Mr. Carey, 49, said that in the past two years he has undergone a “huge spurt of spiritual growth,” having immersed himself in texts from the Bible to books by Wayne Dyer and Marianne Williamson. The result is a changed attitude about comedy, show business and himself.

“I’ve thought about changing my name, I’ve changed so much,” he said, “If Drew Carey now met Drew Carey from 5 or 10 years ago, I wouldn’t recognize him.”

Although he was known as a generally good guy, famous for those big tips and hanging out with fans before and after stand-up shows, Mr. Carey said he was carrying a chip on his shoulder through all the successful years of his sitcom. In his 1997 autobiography he wrote about a difficult childhood and adult battles with depression. He was not as carefree as he seemed.

“That chip on my shoulder, that’s a fear of not being accepted, a fear of not being good enough,” he said. “It was like: ‘Here’s little Drew Carey from Cleveland, and they’re not recognizing that I’ve done something with my life. Hey, why aren’t you recognizing it?’

“A negative review or comment about me in general would really get to me. Not always, but when it did, I would be upset for days, weeks and months. Now I genuinely don’t care. Whatever anyone has to say about me that’s bad, I’m fine with it. Work it out, brother. Whatever you need to do.”

Mr. Carey’s stand-up act, he said, is “just as dirty as ever,” but he is more conscious of not being unnecessarily mean. “Whatever you do to another person, you’re doing the same thing to yourself,” he said, acknowledging that he’s rethinking a few Paris Hilton jokes in particular. “If you’re hateful to another person, you’re hurting yourself.”

“But, hey, I’m still fun,” he said. “I’m more fun than I was before. Because I’m not worried about anything. Because I’m not afraid of anything.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/ar...gewanted=print

post #14961 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Personally, I think that within a decade -- and probably far sooner rather than later -- there will be a single TV satellite provider and a single radio satellite provider.

post #14962 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post

And judging by the still not-united XM and Sirius, the gov't isn't going to become too fond of the idea anytime soon. That's minding you that if Sirius and XM go under, that whole industry is dog food. So, if the gov't is disinclined to approve a merger that might save an emerging industry, they're not going to care at all for a merger in a healthy industry.

But governments and priorities change all the time. Does everyone really think that cable, sat, the bells, etc., will compete with each other forever? Doesn't anyone foresee a single entertainment entry in homes at some point? Perhaps not in my lifetime, but maybe in my grand-daughter's?

Edit: I see Fred has a similar thought, at least regarding sat service.

Cheers, Dave
post #14963 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But governments and priorities change all the time. Does everyone really think that cable, sat, the bells, etc., will compete with each other forever? Doesn't anyone foresee a single entertainment entry in homes at some point? Perhaps not in my lifetime, but maybe in my grand-daughter's?

Edit: I see Fred has a similar thought, at least regarding sat service.

I agree that their will be mergers but, there will always be a coke to oppose someones pepsi.

The Sat. radio merger will probably be the first.

Mike
XBOX 360 Gamertag : SCJagfan

post #14964 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

I think the recent "woe-is-me" financial comments from Dish regarding HD delivery of all local signals (which foxeng posted in this thread earlier today) are just the most recent salvos in the battle for it to be assimilated -- if not by DirecTV, then certainly by another major company like AT&T.

post #14965 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

TV Notes
High-def reality programming a low priority
By Mike Snider, USA TODAY

The number of homes with high-definition TVs is on the rise — and so is the roster of game shows and reality series, thanks in part to the recently settled Hollywood writers' strike.

But other than rare exceptions such as American Idol, few are broadcast in high-definition, in contrast to the rest of the networks' prime-time offerings.

Even though many reality shows would seem to benefit from high definition — especially exotic favorites such as Survivor and The Amazing Race— producers and networks do not see HD production as a priority. They say high-definition cameras are more costly and less reliable. Repairs and video storage on remote locations make HD a hazard, too.

The cameras "are not meant yet for that type of rough travel and the sheer cost," says Jonathan Littman, executive producer of CBS' The Amazing Race and president of Jerry Bruckheimer Television. "It's a pretty high escalation in our budget. It's not double at the moment, but it's hundreds of thousands of dollars for the total run."

HDTV not only packs up to five times the detail of standard definition, but it also makes the image widescreen, offering a broader vista for exotic locales. "I'm hoping if we're hanging around a year or two, it's going to become a real thing for us," Littman says. "There's not a show that lends itself more to being in high-definition."

As for Survivor, executive producer Mark Burnett agrees "that HD would be a nice addition to Survivor, but the show already has a high visual quality," he says via e-mail. "Even though many shows you are seeing are not post-produced or aired in HD, they are already being shot in HD. The costs of post-producing in HD are tending to drop, and probably not only reality TV will be in HD, but all programming."

Burnett has two new NBC game shows premiering this week, My DadIs Better Than Your Dad (tonight, 9 ET/PT) and Amnesia (Friday, 9 p.m. ET/PT), neither in HD.

Of more than two dozen reality and game shows now on prime-time TV, only two, Fox's American Idol and NBC's American Gladiators, are available in HD; a third, ABC's Dancing With the Stars, returns March 17. Most networks declined to comment for this story. "We're not ready to comment on future programming, especially not about high-definition," says Fox's Scott Grogin. "Ultimately, who knows?"

Although nearly all scripted series are broadcast in high-definition, it's not a requirement. As part of the government-required move to digital TV, broadcasters are required only to transmit digital signals, which includes standard definition.

One factor allowing networks to put off HD production is that only slightly more than 11% of TV homes, or 12.7 million, according to Nielsen Media Research, have an HDTV and get HD programming, though that figure is growing rapidly.

Other research sets the HD viewing audience at 15 million to 28 million. "It could take several years for penetration to grow to where it would behoove producers of reality TV to produce it in HD," says Scott Wilkinson of UltimateAVmag.com.

Added costs and hazards haven't stopped cable networks from diving into high-definition. The Discovery Channel is among several that have, in the past few months, launched channels devoted entirely to HD productions. Last October, Dirty Jobs joined its HD lineup, as will The Deadliest Catch when it returns in April.

"It's about being on a deck in the Bering Sea with those guys and seeing the waves come over the side and over your head," says Deadliest Catch executive producer Paul Gasek. "On a big screen, that experience isn't the same if the picture is not crystal-clear."

High-end HD cameras can cost $120,000, but smaller ones are dropping in price quickly, he says. "On a boat like that, if something goes wrong with one camera, you just have to have another one. It would be crazy not to do it in HD if you could."

Still, TVPredictions.com publisher Phil Swann expects networks to put off producing reality and game shows in HD until it hurts their pocketbooks: "At some point, if not already, the lack of HD will hurt the reality shows. More and more, HD owners will seek out HD programming."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...terstitialskip

post #14966 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:

TV Notes
So Who Wins the Big Prize?
It’s the Host
By Joe Rhodes, The New York Times, February 17, 2008

“The Price Is Right” is slightly looser with Mr. Carey in charge. He talks to the contestants more and is not opposed to cracking an occasional joke about some of the lower-end prizes, the porcelain knickknacks and “constipation caplets” aimed at the older audience members. But the jokes are gentle, not cutting, and the general structure of the show has not changed.

That's been one of my guilty pleasures of watching "TPIR" since Barker retired: watching Carey bite his tongue. The show's many games and the contestants are ripe for the type of biting, put-down humor Carey was known for in Vegas and cable stand-up specials. Now that he's the host Drew has dialied down considerably but still knows when to crack a little risque line and when to keep quiet. Last Tuesday a contestant showed up with a shirt that read 'I WANT MY BOB BARKER SPAYED AND NEUTERED' (which is funny if you're even remotely familiar with Bob Barker's history with the now-retired original Barker Beauties). Drew read the shirt aloud so the whole studio knew what it said, smiled, said 'No Comment' (huge laugh) and then proceeded to introduce the next item up for bids. Classy Drew Carey ladies and gentlemen!

post #14967 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think the recent "woe-is-me" financial comments from Dish regarding HD delivery of all local signals (which foxeng posted in this thread earlier today) are just the most recent salvos in the battle for it to be assimilated -- if not by DirecTV, then certainly by another major company like AT&T.

I totally agree with that assessment and that was my first thought too. It might be interesting to watch what happens, but I just really don't care all that much.

Cheers, Dave
post #14968 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 09:22 PM
EJ
AVS Special Member

I watched 'The Wire' and then tried to watch 'Knight Rider' but could only get through about 15 minutes before my system went into complete shock, going from such a well written show to a piece of garbage!

ej

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #14969 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

I rarely speak ill of any TV show, EJ, but it is very hard for me to disagree with what you say.

post #14970 of 96839 Old 02-17-2008, 11:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 170
I have a thing or two to say about the new "Knight Rider" (most of them dealing with Val Kilmer's voice) but I'll refrain from saying them since the writer of the movie is the son of a regular "HOTP" poster. And while I rejoice in this gentleman's pride that his son actually has had a couple of scripts made into TV projects (the "Raines" finale and this "KR" movie) I wouldn't convert his grown son's bedroom into a guest room anytime soon. If the quality of "KR" is any indication Junior might be moving back to Dad's place in the next few hours!

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page