Cablevision HDTV - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 438 Old 01-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Senior Member
 
DevOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York City Metro Area
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank God for FREE OTA TV and streaming Netflix. Cablevision remains my dumb pipe provider only. No ClearQAM = No Deal. I do love Cablevision Salespeople blatantly lying about the government mandating digital expanded basic cable.

Like RemyM said, cancel. Cablevision won't care.
DevOne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 438 Old 01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
Scallica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Cablevision has removed HGTV and the Food Network from the channel guide.... not a good sign. Scripps Networks also launched some more salvo at Cablevision.

http://www.scrippsnetworks.com/newsitem.aspx?id=392

If the channels are not restored by the end of the month, I'm switching to FIOS. I already spoke to Verizon and they can have me up and running in a few days for about the same price and no contracts.

HTPC Enthusiast
Scallica is offline  
post #273 of 438 Old 01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Senior Member
 
DevOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York City Metro Area
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Make certain you read everything thoroughly. I never trust sales people.
DevOne is offline  
post #274 of 438 Old 01-09-2010, 02:31 PM
 
J.H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallica View Post

Cablevision has removed HGTV and the Food Network from the channel guide.... not a good sign. Scripps Networks also launched some more salvo at Cablevision.

http://www.scrippsnetworks.com/newsitem.aspx?id=392

If the channels are not restored by the end of the month, I'm switching to FIOS. I already spoke to Verizon and they can have me up and running in a few days for about the same price and no contracts.

I can't get Fios just yet because my condo complex hasn't been wired yet but I will when it is. I didn't want to get Fios because they don't carry MSNBC or of coarse MSNBC HD but now that I lost 2 channels I love it makes it an easy call. I get 2 channel I love but lose one PLUS I LOSE DOLAN!
J.H. is offline  
post #275 of 438 Old 01-09-2010, 06:08 PM
 
Joel Clemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. View Post

I didn't want to get Fios because they don't carry MSNBC or of coarse MSNBC HD but now that I lost 2 channels I love it makes it an easy call. I get 2 channel I love but lose one PLUS I LOSE DOLAN!

Actually, FIOS does carry MSNBC. Itr is just the MSNBC-HD feed that they are prevented from carrying. (However, they do carry CNBC in HD.)
Joel Clemons is offline  
post #276 of 438 Old 01-09-2010, 06:27 PM
 
J.H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

Actually, FIOS does carry MSNBC. Itr is just the MSNBC-HD feed that they are prevented from carrying. (However, they do carry CNBC in HD.)

Really its just MSNBC HD? Now that is weird. Thanks for the info I had no idea. J.H.
J.H. is offline  
post #277 of 438 Old 01-09-2010, 06:49 PM
 
Joel Clemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. View Post

Really its just MSNBC HD? Now that is weird. Thanks for the info I had no idea. J.H.


Yep, and as you probably know, they are trying hard in the legal arena to get MSNBC-HD. Sometime around Jan 17th, there is supposed to be some sort of announcement about some additional channels being added. I've heard rumors that E!-HD and G4-HD are two of them. Be a nice surprise if MSNBC-HD is one of them...but not holding my breath.
Joel Clemons is offline  
post #278 of 438 Old 01-09-2010, 11:09 PM
 
J.H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

Yep, and as you probably know, they are trying hard in the legal arena to get MSNBC-HD. Sometime around Jan 17th, there is supposed to be some sort of announcement about some additional channels being added. I've heard rumors that E!-HD and G4-HD are two of them. Be a nice surprise if MSNBC-HD is one of them...but not holding my breath.

Yeah a Verizon install guy told me they were in court over a few channels,some of them being the sports channels Cablevision owns. We'll see what comes of it. J.H.
J.H. is offline  
post #279 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 01:36 AM
 
Joel Clemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. View Post

Yeah a Verizon install guy told me they were in court over a few channels,some of them being the sports channels Cablevision owns. We'll see what comes of it. J.H.

Yes, MSG-HD are one of the channels also being kept from them.
Joel Clemons is offline  
post #280 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Senior Member
 
mws192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

Actually, FIOS does carry MSNBC. Itr is just the MSNBC-HD feed that they are prevented from carrying. (However, they do carry CNBC in HD.)

MSNBC and MSNBC-HD are not carried by FIOS or UVerse within the Cablevision footprint, even if they are carried elsewhere nationally. The reason being that Cablevision has an exclusive deal prohibiting the telco's from carrying it in their markets.

Yes, the CT attorney general isn't pleased about it and was "looking into it" but so far much hasn't been done on that front.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...rom_Telcos.php

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...MSNBC_Deal.php
mws192 is offline  
post #281 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 07:04 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
fredfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio TX 78251
Posts: 49,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post

Because people actually watch ESPN. Check out Nielsen's recent Cable TV Network Weekly Ratings and you'll find out why very few will notice Food and HGTV missing. The channels aren't even in the top 20. On the other hand, ESPN (and USA) dominate the ratings. This is why DirecTV feared little turnover for dropping Versus and Time Warner feared little turnover for dropping HDNet. It reminds me of the saying, "If a tree falls in a forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Really?

How about a
ctually looking at the most recent week of cable network TV ratings -- a week where ESPN does about its best annually because of all its bowl games:

Prime-time Average Viewers (Live+SD)
Week of Dec 28, 2009 – Jan 3, 2010

(in thousands)
Network
1. ESPN 6,393

2. USA 3,323
3. DISNEY 2,662
4. TNT 2,329
5. A&E 1,842
6. NICK AT NITE 1,614
7. TBS 1,599
8. FAMILY 1,585
9. FX 1,488
10.
FOOD 1,480
11.
HGTV 1,475
12. FOX NEWS 1,401
13. CARTOON 1,334
14. HISTORY 1,320
15. TRU 1,317
16. SYFY 1,280
17. LIFETIME 1,179
18. DISCOVERY 1,148
19. AMC 1,121
20. HALLMARK 1,100
21. SPIKE 1,090
22. LMN 1,022
23. TLC 1,014
24. E! 908
25. BET 884

Adults 18-49 Primetime Average (Live+SD)

1. ESPN 2,646
2. USA 1,262
3. TNT 1,043
4. TBS 958
5. A&E 881
6. FX 783
7.
FOOD 708
8. TRU 676
9. FAMILY 647
10. DISNEY 638
11. DISCOVERY 635
12. HISTORY 611
13. E! 570
14. SPIKE 553
15. SYFY 543
16.
HGTV 527
17. LIFETIME 501
18. AMC 485
19. MTV 484
20. TLC 455
21. COMEDY 443
22. BET 440
23. VH1 420
24. NICK AT NITE 414
25. BRAVO 364



• Source: Nielsen Media Research data and TVByTheNumbers.com
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/05...754#more-37754


Not even in the top 20? What Nielsen ratings do you subscribe to? (There are weeks during the year, by the way, where Food actually finishes ahead of ESPN in prime time viewership.)

And here, according to SNL Kagan is what networks get on average per subscriber per month, from cable/satellite and telco providers:

What Cable Networks Get From Carriers
(Per Subscriber, Per Month)

ESPN $4.58

Fox Sports Net $2.57

RSNs: $0.20-$2.15

TNT $ 0.96

Disney Channel $0.88 (commercial free)

ESPN2 $ 0.59

NFL Network $0.56

USA $ 0.55

NHL Network $0.54

Fox News Channel $ 0.49 - $ 0.75

CNN & Headline News $ 0.48

TBS $ 0.47

Nickleodeon/Nick at Nite $0.45

Big Ten Network $0.40

FX $0.38

Discovery $ 0.35

MTV $ 0.34

Sundance $ 0.29

Versus $ 0.29

A&E $ 0.25

Golf $ 0.26

Lifetime $0.26

AMC $ 0.24

TLC $ 0.23

E! $ 0.23

Family $0.22

History Channel $0.21

National Geographic $ 0.20

SyFy $ 0.20

Spike $0.20

Speed $ 0.19

CNBC $ 0.18

Bravo $ 0.17

ESPN Classic $ 0.17

ESPN News $ 0.16

BET $ 0.15

MSNBC $ 0.15

Tennis $0.15

Soap $ 0.14

Style $ 0.14

VH1 $ 0.14

Comedy Central $0.12

Fox Business Network $0.12

Hallmark Channel $ 0.12

WGN $ 0.12

BBC America $ 0.11

Game Show Network $ 0. 11

HGTV $0.13
Weather Channel $ 0.11

Biography $ 0.10

Travel $0.10

TV Land $0.10

Oxygen $ 0.09

Lifetime Movie Net $ 0.09

truTV $ 0.09

CMT $ 0.08

Food Network $ 0.08
Fuse $ 0.08

G4 $ 0.08

Animal Planet $ 0.07

Military $ 0.07

VH1 Classic $ 0.06

Great American Country $ 0.02


ESPN’s Rise in Sub Fees:

1997 $0.73

2006 $2.91

2007: $3.26

2008: $3.65

2009: $4.09
2010: $4.58 (Kagen estimate)

2011: $5.08 (Kagen estimate)

Main Source: SNL Kagan Research

fredfa is offline  
post #282 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dm145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 4,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
These numbers are why CV does not worry about HGTV/Food:

10. FOOD 1,480
11. HGTV 1,475

If there are 1.5 million average viewers of HGTV/Food accross all providers, how many of them could actualy be from CV?


For example:
100,000,000 (potential US viewers)
3,000,000 (potential CV viewers) = 3%

3% x 1.5 M (average total HGTV/Food viewers) = 45,000 (CV viewers)

Question is how many will switch over this dispute?
What number is CV willing to lose?
dm145 is offline  
post #283 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 09:02 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
fredfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio TX 78251
Posts: 49,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
The real numbers are that CV has to deal with Disney/ESPN and NBCU and Time Warner and NewsCorp and its Fox Channels. And using your argument, there are many higher-priced channels CV could lose without offending many viewers -- although the corporations which own those channels simply wouldn't allow CV to do such a thing. They would, of course, withhold all their channels.

Fighting Scripps allows CV to seem pious about looking out for the consumer, while still acquiescing to the increasing demands of the big boys. But the fact s that the Scripps channels, compared to so many others ARE severely underpriced based on their ratings. (Versus, as another example, clearly is NOT underpriced)

Hopefully this all will lead to a law allowing a la carte -- then people can simply pay for the channels they want -- although I am sure the price per channel will rise fairly dramatically. But then at least we can support the channels we watch with our dollars, instead of being forced to pay for so many we never watch.
fredfa is offline  
post #284 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dm145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 4,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
let's keep the lid closed on that can of worms called "a la carte"
dm145 is offline  
post #285 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 10:01 AM
 
Joel Clemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws192 View Post

MSNBC and MSNBC-HD are not carried by FIOS or UVerse within the Cablevision footprint, even if they are carried elsewhere nationally. The reason being that Cablevision has an exclusive deal prohibiting the telco's from carrying it in their markets.

Well, Cablevision operates in NJ and I'm in NJ. And FIOS does carry MSNBC-SD and CNBC-HD here.
Joel Clemons is offline  
post #286 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 12:03 PM
 
J.H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

Well, Cablevision operates in NJ and I'm in NJ. And FIOS does carry MSNBC-SD and CNBC-HD here.

Cablevision has exclusive carriage rights in northern NJ and parts of Manhattan I believe to. What ever the case ESPN is stupid for entering into this agreement but I'm sure it was more of Cablevision being sneaky bastards.. In any case a news channel should not be held hostage and the FCC should step in and end this BS.
J.H. is offline  
post #287 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dm145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 4,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. View Post

Cablevision has exclusive carriage rights in northern NJ and parts of Manhattan I believe to. What ever the case ESPN is stupid for entering into this agreement but I'm sure it was more of Cablevision being sneaky bastards.. In any case a news channel should not be held hostage and the FCC should step in and end this BS.

What does ESPN have to do with it?
dm145 is offline  
post #288 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RemyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 4,373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. View Post

....but I'm sure it was more of Cablevision being sneaky bastards.. In any case a news channel should not be held hostage and the FCC should step in and end this BS.

So is it OK that Direct TV enters into exclusive contracts like Sunday Ticket?
RemyM is offline  
post #289 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dm145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 4,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

So is it OK that Direct TV enters into exclusive contracts like Sunday Ticket?

Just like Bobcat on the DSL forum you should ignore J.H.
dm145 is offline  
post #290 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 01:40 PM
 
Joel Clemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. View Post

Cablevision has exclusive carriage rights in northern NJ and parts of Manhattan I believe to. What ever the case ESPN is stupid for entering into this agreement but I'm sure it was more of Cablevision being sneaky bastards.. In any case a news channel should not be held hostage and the FCC should step in and end this BS.

What is odd is that it is just the HD feed that is being held hostage. We do get the standard-def channel...not sure why we can get one and not the other. One would think that we should not even have the standard channel, yet we do.
Joel Clemons is offline  
post #291 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 01:46 PM
 
J.H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

What does ESPN have to do with it?

First sorry I meant MSNBC. Second its ok because in local markets you are not missing out on your local team or teams. MSNBC is news and the FCC could step in and take care of this but it doesn't matter anyway. With the way CV is doing things they will just continue to lose customers and not just to Fios. Its to Fios,Direct TV,Dish and other providers. I wish I could get Comcast that my friend has 2 towns down but due to Governments sanctioned monopolies we can't choose the cable company we want. Sunday ticket is an extra expense niche thing and is not comparable to a 24 hour news channel. I hate Dolan and I hate cablevision and I HATE optimum.
J.H. is offline  
post #292 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
ja2bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

What is odd is that it is just the HD feed that is being held hostage. We do get the standard-def channel...not sure why we can get one and not the other. One would think that we should not even have the standard channel, yet we do.

You get MSNBC-SD because you are not in the Cablevision service footprint. You do not get MSNBC-HD becuase Verizon is not willing to add the HD unless they get to carry MSNBC SD & HD in their entire FiOS footprint.
ja2bk is offline  
post #293 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 06:26 PM
 
Joel Clemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja2bk View Post

You get MSNBC-SD because you are not in the Cablevision service footprint. You do not get MSNBC-HD becuase Verizon is not willing to add the HD unless they get to carry MSNBC SD & HD in their entire FiOS footprint.

You're missing what I'm saying...Cablevision has exclusive rights in North NJ. And I AM in North NJ. And we DO have MSNBC-SD via FIOS. And, as I said, CNBC-HD as well.
Joel Clemons is offline  
post #294 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
DevOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York City Metro Area
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

So is it OK that Direct TV enters into exclusive contracts like Sunday Ticket?

The "NFL Sunday Ticket" exclusive package argument is specious. Cable MSOs were offered the rights to carry the package, and refused to match or beat DirecTV's bid. Comcast CEO Brian Roberts stated as much in a too often forgotten Multichannel News article.

I have no issues with MVPDs seeking exclusive agreements with networks. As long as the MVPD shares no ownership stake in a network, it's not a matter of antitrust. MSNBC is fair game.

HD RSN exclusivity OTOH, *should* be challenged under anti-trust. In my opinion, the entire "Terrestrial Loophole" portion of the 1992 Cable Act should be challenged under the Sherman AntiTrust Act. This is an area where MVPD purposely withhold owned/controlled programming to stifle competition.

Maybe Verizon should acquire Lifetime and refuse to sell it to Cablevision. Let's see how fast they cry foul. (I would be against this too.)
DevOne is offline  
post #295 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sansri88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: the village, NYC
Posts: 1,321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

You're missing what I'm saying...Cablevision has exclusive rights in North NJ. And I AM in North NJ. And we DO have MSNBC-SD via FIOS. And, as I said, CNBC-HD as well.

You probably live in a Comcast-served area, since Comcast also serves much of North Jersey (I should know, I have Comcast in NNJ).
sansri88 is offline  
post #296 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Senior Member
 
ja2bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

You're missing what I'm saying...Cablevision has exclusive rights in North NJ. And I AM in North NJ. And we DO have MSNBC-SD via FIOS. And, as I said, CNBC-HD as well.

I believe there is one FiOS Video Hub Office in Jersey area. It serves the same areas as Cablevision as well as Comcast. There isn't any way for them to turn it off in just the Cablevision areas. CNBC is not party to the same deal as MSNBC. It was only MSNBC that entered into the exclusivity deal in order to gain carriage.
ja2bk is offline  
post #297 of 438 Old 01-10-2010, 11:42 PM
 
Joel Clemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja2bk View Post

I believe there is one FiOS Video Hub Office in Jersey area. It serves the same areas as Cablevision as well as Comcast. There isn't any way for them to turn it off in just the Cablevision areas. CNBC is not party to the same deal as MSNBC. It was only MSNBC that entered into the exclusivity deal in order to gain carriage.

This makes sense. SO FIOS can indeed carry the standard MSNBC channel, even if they are in the cablevision area, dependent on whether or not other cable companies are within the FIOS "video hub." Since most states have more than one cable company, that would explain how FIOS is able to carry MSNBC. Do any FIOS subscribers out there NOT have MSNBC Standard Def on their system?
Joel Clemons is offline  
post #298 of 438 Old 01-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Senior Member
 
ja2bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

This makes sense. SO FIOS can indeed carry the standard MSNBC channel, even if they are in the cablevision area, dependent on whether or not other cable companies are within the FIOS "video hub." Since most states have more than one cable company, that would explain how FIOS is able to carry MSNBC. Do any FIOS subscribers out there NOT have MSNBC Standard Def on their system?

Yes. The entire Long Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, and parts of CT Cablevision serves do not get to see MSNBC SD on FiOS.
ja2bk is offline  
post #299 of 438 Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Mr Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOne View Post

Maybe Verizon should acquire Lifetime and refuse to sell it to Cablevision. Let's see how fast they cry foul.

LOL.....Something tells me Cablevision and the majority of its customers won't miss Lifetime.
Mr Magic is offline  
post #300 of 438 Old 01-11-2010, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rkunces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 1,565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post

LOL.....Something tells me Cablevision and the majority of its customers won't miss Lifetime.

Tell that to all the middle aged women customers in Cablevision's territory.
rkunces is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off