Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 438 Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

Effective Wednesday, October 26, 2011, Cablevision will launch the following networks: Investigation Discovery High Definition (HD), TV Land High Definition (HD).Investigation Discovery HD and TV Land HD will be true simulcasts of their Standard Definition counterparts. Investigation HD is available in the iO Package and will launch on channel 778. TV Land HD is available in the Family Package and will launch on channel 777.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

^^^^^^^^
yeah, but will they be added across all systems
bloomberg hd was not

Heard someone in another forum mention that they won't be if your system is not fully digital.

I'm on the Brooklyn system so no issues with that, but I can see how it can tick some folks off when there are channels out there in HD that they can't get.

I've been hoping for ID HD, watch that channel a lot. Last of the Discovery suites that we didn't have in HD.

CV needs to add H2 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 438 Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
From a CT Pura filing:

"Effective Wednesday, January 25, 2012, Cablevision will launch MTV2 in High Definition (HD) in Connecticut. MTV2 HD will launch on channel 740 and will be available to residential customers (with the proper HD equipment) subscribing to the Family Package and above. MTV2 HD is a true simulcast of MTV2."

Given the recent track record of HD channel additions it may only be added to all digital systems outside of CT.
post #423 of 438 Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 AM

Noting the announced new HD addition of MTV2, Cablevision really needs to get it's act together - while I think it is great they are adding new HD's, they have to get their network up to speed and make sure these new additions are available to all subscribers. As someone who lives in a non-digital upgraded area, seeing all these new services we do not have access to is ridiculous.

Plus, these channels are listed on Channel 100 and until recently were listed as available on their web site (changed after I complained about it). As subscribers, we pay the same prices for less service through no fault of our own.

From what I can see, we now do not have access to Bloomberg HD, TV Land HD, ID HD and now MTV2 HD. And when I call to complain and ask for a reduced rate am told "we can't since we don't charge for HD". What a racket.
post #424 of 438 Old 03-21-2012, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

From a CT PURA filing:

Effective Wednesday, March 21, 2012, Cablevision will launch Disney Jr. and Disney Jr. High Definition (HD) in Connecticut. Disney Junior programming targets children ranging from 2 to 7 years old. Disney Junior programs emphasize social and emotional development, including components on healthy eating habits and lifestyles. Disney Jr. will launch on channel 126 and Disney Jr. HD will launch on channel 776. Disney Junior will be available to customers in the Family package or the new iO Value package.
post #425 of 438 Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
From CED.com
Quote:

3/21/12

The turnstile for executives who have left Cablevision since late last year continued to spin with the news that David Kline has stepped down from his leadership position at Cablevision Media Sales.

Cablevision said Kline left the company to pursue other opportunities. He is the sixth executive to leave Cablevision since late last year. In November, Cablevision cable president John Bickham resigned, followed by COO Tom Rutledge’s resignation in December. A week later, Rutledge was named as Charter Communications’ new president and CEO.

Last week, executive vice president of corporate engineering and technology James Blackley and executive vice president of consumer operations Kathleen “Kip” Mayo handed in their resignations, while earlier in the month, Jonathan Hargis resigned from his position as Cablevision’s executive vice president of marketing. Hargis will be joining his former boss Tom Rutledge at Charter Communications next week as executive vice president and CMO.

I wonder what's going on with CV. Fire sale of executives is never a good sign. Maybe a sale is in the offing?

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #426 of 438 Old 04-12-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

From a CT PURA filing. As has been the case recently these might not find their way onto the systems that haven't converted to all digital yet.

Effective Wednesday, April 25, 2012, Cablevision will launch Lifetime and H2 in High Definition (HD) in Connecticut. Lifetime airs several popular programs, movies and made-for-television films targeted to women. H2 airs informational and historical programming, documentaries and international style programs. Lifetime HD will launch on channel 848 and will be available to customers subscribing to the iO value or Family Cable package. H2 HD will launch on channel 849 and will be available to customers subscribing to the iO Value or iO Package.
post #427 of 438 Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

From TV Today / Multichannel News

Quote:

Today's Top 10 Stories

#1 C’Vision Defections Continue; Charter Continues to Benefit
The executive brain-drain at Cablevision Systems continued with the exodus of Barry Frey, executive VP-advanced platform sales. He joins a growing litany of cable executives who have left the company for greener pastures, including cable president John Bickham who left Cablevision earlier this year and joined his old boss Tom Rutledge at Charter Communications this week as COO.

Why This Matters: In the last four months, Cablevision has lost a significant number of crucial executives that will eventually make it harder to operate the 3-million-subscriber company. Meanwhile, Charter appears to be the beneficiary of Cablevision’s tribulations with the addition of Rutledge, former Cablevision executive VP of marketing Jonathan Hargis, and now, Bickham. And it just might be the tonic Charter needs to really get on its feet after exiting Chapter 11 bankruptcy almost three years ago.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #428 of 438 Old 05-02-2012, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Gee, executives defecting from Cablevision? Guess it's not easy working for a company that's universally hated by both employees and subscribers

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #429 of 438 Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Gee, executives defecting from Cablevision? Guess it's not easy working for a company that's universally hated by both employees and subscribers

I don't hate them, in fact they provide me with great products and services!
post #430 of 438 Old 05-04-2012, 06:19 PM

Been trying to watch Law and Order reruns on Cablevision (Woodbury System) channel 710 and 10.

The picture quality is extremely soft not sharp as it should be.

What gives? Is it WLNY or Cablevison's issue? I can't verify the OTA picture quality to confirm.
post #431 of 438 Old 08-16-2012, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
post #432 of 438 Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Yep the NFL caved, since it's only on the $65 a month and up packages or in the $7 a month Sports pak.
post #433 of 438 Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

News 12 Traffic and Weather goes HD next week according to the guide channel and will be on 792 and 61.
post #434 of 438 Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Cablevision will launch ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzz Beater this week. ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzz Beater is one cable channel that operates during the College football season as ESPN Goal Line, and during the College basketball season as ESPN Buzz Beater. ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzz Beater provides live look-ins and up to the minute commentary from ESPN’s experts and analysts.

The channel only operates on major game days for their respective sports. Goal Line operates from 12:00 pm to 12:00 am ET on Saturdays, while Buzz Beater operates from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm on Wednesdays and 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm ET on Saturdays. When the channel is “off-air” a slate appears detailing air times.

ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzz Beater will launch in Standard Definition (SD) on channel 152 and in High Definition (HD) on channel 827.
post #435 of 438 Old 11-13-2012, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Don't forget to apply for loss of service credit due to SANDY.. Easier to do it via the Optimum website, phone lines are jammed. I put in a claim for 13 days without service..mad.gif

post #436 of 438 Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Is the Austin race going to be on Network TV? I just hope so, it's the only race here and "brand new" venue.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #437 of 438 Old 12-22-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Time Warner Bids for Cablevision

Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) has made a first-round offer to acquire Cablevision Systems Corporation’s (NYSE:CVC) Optimum West business, say inside sources. The company, along with Charter Communications and Suddenlink Communications, are competing for a business that serves around 300,000 customers in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado and Utah. Two years ago, Cablevision bought Optimum West, formerly known as Bresnan Broadband Holdings for $1.37 billion.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/time-warner-bids-for-cablevision-groupon-buys-a-new-asset-mergers-and-acquisitions-review.html/

Email Melinda Witmer at TWC Corporate, the SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF PROGRAMMING OFFICER if you want more HD Channels!!!
Melinda.Witmer@twcable.com
post #438 of 438 Old 12-22-2012, 07:26 PM

So if anyone knows this answer I would be grateful…

What channels besides internationals require, or rather are using switched digital video, technology. In the Litchfield market? I was under the impression that this market was full digital and that SDV was no longer used except for internationals.. BUT I haven’t had CV/Opt in awhile - and wanted to switch back for the $80 offer ;-)

While not on the same topic - but close…. anyone in this market - how has the video PQ been using a Tivo? AND any ongoing glitches due to cable cards? I know when I left for Dish about 13 months ago CV had a “rolling blackout” for only cable card users.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page