Need more soccer in HD: any rumors on GolTV? - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 304 Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
any idea if GolTV and ESPNDeportes will be coming in HD any time soon?

it sucks that I have pretty much every package on D*, and I only get them in standard def with the exception of the occassional saturday morning EPL game on ESPN2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 304 Old 01-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
no HD until March?

dang!

Blu-Ray Supporter
post #273 of 304 Old 01-16-2010, 02:46 PM

Hoping that Charter will be picking up FSC+ soon, as well as the HD version.
post #274 of 304 Old 01-16-2010, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
So is the Plus channel gonna be the HD version of FSC, or are there going to be 2 HD channels, FSC HD and FSC HD+?

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

My Samsung 55" D8000 LED-3D tv settings.
post #275 of 304 Old 01-16-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

So is the Plus channel gonna be the HD version of FSC, or are there going to be 2 HD channels, FSC HD and FSC HD+?

The latter.
post #276 of 304 Old 01-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
For those looking for or worried about losing rugby coverage with the demise of Setanta, BBC America is going to be showing (partial) coverage of the 2010 6 Nations live:

Quote:

BBC AMERICA TO BROADCAST LIVE SIX NATIONS RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP

RBS Six Nations Championship, one of Europe's biggest annual sporting events, will broadcast live on BBC AMERICA starting Saturday, February 6. The cable channel will broadcast five live matches over the course of the legendary rugby tournament featuring England, Ireland, France, Scotland, Wales and Italy vying for the championship. Last year's winner, Ireland, clinched the championship after a thrilling victory that came down to a missed penalty by Wales, giving the Irish the 17-15 win. BBC AMERICA's first match will be from London, where England faces off against Wales, on Saturday, February 6, 12:00 p.m. ET / 9:00 a.m. PT.

The RBS Six Nations Championship will hold this year's matches in London, Paris, Dublin, Rome, Edinburgh and Cardiff. The home field advantage for the match alternates from year to year between each country's teams. The tournament has every team playing each other once - with two points being awarded for a win, one for a draw and none for a loss. The Six Nations has a total of fifteen matches and the team with the most points wins. Victory in every game results in the team being given the title "Grand Slam" winner. There is also the title of "Triple Crown" competed for each year, which is awarded if a team from the four Home Nations (England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales) beats each of the other three Home Nations.

Last year, Ireland ended a 61-year wait for a "Grand Slam" with its championship that also was a "Triple Crown." This year, can England return to its glory days? Will Wales climb back to the top after a disappointing fourth place finish last year? With the most victories in the past decade (five), can France once again dominate? Or is it in the cards for Scotland and Italy to win their first Six Nations championships?

This acclaimed tournament began in 1883 as the Home Nations Championship but was renamed the Five Nations when France joined in 1910. Italy joined the tournament ten years ago, making it the Six Nations.

SCHEDULE

Wales versus England (in London)
Saturday, February 6, 12:00 p.m. ET / 9:00 a.m. PT

2009's Champion Ireland versus France (in Paris)
Saturday, February 13, 11:30 a.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. PT

Ireland versus England (in London)
Saturday, February 27, 11:00 a.m. ET / 8:00 a.m. PT

Wales versus Ireland (in Dublin)
Saturday, March 13, 9:30 a.m. ET/ 7:30 a.m. PT

England versus France (in Paris)
Saturday, March 20, 9:00 a.m. ET / 6:00 a.m. PT

post #277 of 304 Old 01-22-2010, 08:55 AM
DB2
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycruiser View Post

For those looking for or worried about losing rugby coverage with the demise of Setanta, BBC America is going to be showing (partial) coverage of the 2010 6 Nations live:

Good find! Any word on HD? Not sure if anyone has BBC America in HD or whether the matches are being produced in HD???

"I usually sit closer to 2 X screen width, or I look like a cat watching a ping pong tournament." -Free
post #278 of 304 Old 01-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB2 View Post

Good find! Any word on HD? Not sure if anyone has BBC America in HD or whether the matches are being produced in HD???

AFAIK, Time Warner cable in NY is the only provider to carry BBC America HD. The matches at Murrayfield, Twickenham, and Millennium have been produced in HD by the BBC for the last three years. Canalsports in France has also produced their games in HD. Not so sure about the Irish and Italian based games. In fact, this year the BBC is also producing a number of games in 3D.
post #279 of 304 Old 01-27-2010, 09:47 AM

post #280 of 304 Old 01-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Has Fox Soccer Channel began broadcasting in High Definition. On my system here in Cablevision I see it saying FSC HD in the logo, instead of just FSC as in the past.

Guess they flipped the switch this afternoon.

CV needs to add H2 HD
post #281 of 304 Old 02-02-2010, 07:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Moderators Notes:

- Topic title changed to reflect the demise of Setanta Sports, and Fox Soccer Channel going HD.

- A number of recent (last week or so) FSC HD posts have been moved to the FSC HD topic: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1222269

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #282 of 304 Old 02-04-2010, 02:19 PM

apparently SCHD (Soccer Channel High Definition) has been apparently approved by the CRTC? we may very well get a new chorus channel just in time for the 2010 world cup.

WirelessMechanic at your service.
post #283 of 304 Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 PM

any news of GOLTV in HD???
post #284 of 304 Old 03-29-2010, 09:01 AM

GolTV just released a press release saying that they're going HD starting August 1st.
post #285 of 304 Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
GolTV Launches Country’s First Bilingual High-Definition Channel

The All-Soccer Network Debuts GolTV HD in English and Spanish to Coincide with Kickoff of 2010-11 Soccer Season

MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GolTV, the nation’s only independent bilingual channel delivering the most sought-after international fútbol, will launch its non-stop soccer coverage in crisp, clear high-definition on Aug. 1, 2010. The new GolTV HD channel will be the country’s first HDTV network offered simultaneously in Spanish and English.

GolTV HD will feature the network’s full programming lineup, including live and primetime coverage of Spain’s La Liga, Germany’s Bundesliga, the UEFA Europa League, and Brazil’s Campeonato Paulista and Brasileirão, among others. The HD network will feature the best football from around the globe in 1080i HD, delivering unsurpassed picture quality, clarity and detail. World-class soccer will also be delivered in state-of-the-art Dolby AC3 to deliver the ultimate immersive experience for the post-World Cup soccer fan.

“There’s no doubt that soccer aficionados will welcome the chance to see our exclusive matches in HD. Our research shows that soccer fans want to see the world’s most thrilling matches in stunning HDTV clarity. This summer, we will deliver what our viewers want with the launch of GolTV HD,” said Rodrigo Lombello, COO of GolTV.

He added, “Sports is unmatched for delivering live, unedited events that make for compelling television viewing. Now our distribution partners can capitalize on the value of offering their customers the first all-soccer bilingual channel in premium HD.”

GolTV HD will be delivered as a full simulcast of the GolTV standard definition channel. During the first year of GolTV HD soccer fans can expect to see over 250 matches in pure HD, as well as their favorite highlight and magazine shows like La Liga 360, Hallo Bundesliga and Bundesliga Magazine. The network’s marquee newscast, GolTV News, the nation’s only weeknight show 100 percent dedicated to soccer news, will also be presented in high-definition.

“The popularity of soccer far exceeds that of all other sports played by man. GolTV HD along with GolTV and GolTV Móvil ensure that North America stays close to the world’s most passionate sport with the greatest fan following on the planet,” said Enzo Franscecoli, GolTV’s Chief Executive Officer and former international fútbol superstar.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...40&newsLang=en

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #286 of 304 Old 03-29-2010, 09:21 AM

Let's get the carriage agreements moving!
post #287 of 304 Old 03-29-2010, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

They already have terrible audible and too often snipes. I can only imagine they will be worse now.

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

post #288 of 304 Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Well, how about that. I wouldn't have guessed back in June of 2007 when I started this thread that it would only take 3 years for all of my availalable soccer channels to go HD. Amazing. I look forward to watching the beautiful game in all HD by year's end. Wonderful. (go D12!)
post #289 of 304 Old 03-29-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

Well, how about that. I wouldn't have guessed back in June of 2007 when I started this thread that it would only take 3 years for all of my availalable soccer channels to go HD. Amazing. I look forward to watching the beautiful game in all HD by year's end. Wonderful. (go D12!)

let's just hope it's not another 3 years before all these hd soccer channels are available from a single carrier! (i'm just assuming goltv hd won't be available from dish...)
post #290 of 304 Old 03-29-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironduke2010 View Post

let's just hope it's not another 3 years before all these hd soccer channels are available from a single carrier! (i'm just assuming goltv hd won't be available from dish...)

ROFL, couldn't have said it better. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Just when one obstacle is cleared another pops up with the carriers dragging their lame arses to make the additions. Its like pulling teeth with some of these carriers to make additions.

My carrier Cablevision in NYC hasn't said a word about carrying Fox Soccer Channel HD as yet and doesn't seem too interested from my calls to them.

CV needs to add H2 HD
post #291 of 304 Old 04-20-2010, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

http://outboundlink.net/anxo/dr_ta_1...nt/hd/channels

GolTV HD is on the list for DirecTV, but not until the summer. Still no news on FSCHD though.
post #292 of 304 Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

nice!
post #293 of 304 Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Happy to say that I can confirm that GolTVHD is now up and running on DirecTV. Only took 3 years from the original post!

Let's hope they have more HD content soon (most of the stuff on now is pillar-boxed)
post #294 of 304 Old 08-04-2010, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

Happy to say that I can confirm that GolTVHD is now up and running on DirecTV. Only took 3 years from the original post!

Let's hope they have more HD content soon (most of the stuff on now is pillar-boxed)

Any of it stretched?

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

post #295 of 304 Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

Any of it stretched?

I've only been able to catch their GolTV News program so far, and none of it is stretched. The show itself is pillar boxed but their ESPN-like bottom line news ticker is definitely formatted for 16:9 (the text is nice and sharp).

The guide says they were supposed to be replaying the Sounders / Metapan CCL game from last night right now, so I was going to see what that looked like, but it's all GolTV news programming right now.

*Update* they're showing a Barcelona / Sevilla match from May of this year right now, in glorious HD. Woot!
post #296 of 304 Old 08-07-2010, 05:00 PM

GolTV provides Soccer from around the world. I am curious as to how much of the international coverage is in HD (EPL, Columbian, Brazilian, etc.)
post #297 of 304 Old 08-07-2010, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDeeJunkie View Post

GolTV provides Soccer from around the world. I am curious as to how much of the international coverage is in HD (EPL, Columbian, Brazilian, etc.)

One of the live Brazilian games I saw today was full HD, but a replay of a game earlier this year/season was not. The Columbian game on right now is not HD, but the replay I saw from La Ligua the other day and the pre-season Bundesliga game today were both full HD.

I'd bet most of the European leagues will be full HD, and those from south/central America will be 50/50.
post #298 of 304 Old 08-07-2010, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Pleasantly surprised to see the Chivas game in HD in Telefutura HD.
I don't think Telemundo has shown any game in HD from the Mexican League.
Quality is pretty good here through Comcast.
post #299 of 304 Old 08-07-2010, 10:45 PM

Liked: 13
Yeah, between them and Galavision, they show a good number of HD games, I've noticed since the World Cup.
post #300 of 304 Old 08-11-2010, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
ESPN and Fox have finally reached an agreement for the upcoming rights to the EPL season. Full details haven't been announced yet. ESPN will air the Spurs/Man City game on Saturday and Man U/Newcastle game on Monday. Both in HD.

Fox Soccer Channel announced they will air up to 304 matches during the 2010/11 season on Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Soccer Plus. For the first time, all EPL games will be shown in HD.

D* will be showing every single game of the UEFA Champions League from the playoff round on Aug 17 to the final in May. The games will be shown on Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Plus, Fox Sports Networks, and D*'s own channels like last season. The Europa League coverage will start with the group stage on Sept 16 and continue through D*'s exclusive 153 game coverage to the final on May 18, 2011. Goltv will also be airing the Europa League this season as well. D* will have the Soccer Mix Channel again this season in both HD and SD.

D* announced they will broadcast at least 114 exclusive La Liga games during the upcoming season. No word if those games will be in HD.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page