Need more soccer in HD: any rumors on GolTV? - Page 7 - AVS Forum
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last
HDTV Programming > Need more soccer in HD: any rumors on GolTV?
sansri88's Avatar sansri88 07:54 AM 08-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike10778 View Post

One word - AWESOME.

QFT. It was beautiful. (Although Chelsea won...grr..)

mike10778's Avatar mike10778 08:01 AM 08-15-2009
And now we have to watch FSC in SD??

Uggh.
CNiles3806's Avatar CNiles3806 08:21 AM 08-15-2009
Quote:

And now we have to watch FSC in SD??

Uggh.

LOL, I feel your pain man, looks brutal after watching the ESPN feed.
mx6bfast's Avatar mx6bfast 11:16 AM 08-15-2009
Quote:

Hope everyone watched Chelsea/Hull on ESPN 2 in beautiful HD.

Direct feed from the UK - British announcers, TWI feed.

One word - AWESOME.

Will ESPN2 show EPL games now?
mws192's Avatar mws192 01:04 PM 08-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

Will ESPN2 show EPL games now?

Yes, 47 more times, not to mention La Liga games too.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post17004082
mab319's Avatar mab319 03:42 PM 08-15-2009
Now we need to bombard FSC with e-mails telling them how ESPN is now the premier EPL telecaster since they show in HD. ... why have they been stuck in the past (SD) for so long?
kevinsert's Avatar kevinsert 09:42 AM 08-17-2009
Hey guys i want to watch Bundesliga or La Liga also Turkish Premiere League..doesnt matter hd or not..what do you suggest ? which network has more soccer channels ?
petesimac's Avatar petesimac 10:08 AM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsert View Post

Hey guys i want to watch Bundesliga or La Liga also Turkish Premiere League..doesnt matter hd or not..what do you suggest ? which network has more soccer channels ?

One of the reasons I switched to FIOS was because they have Fox Soccer Channel and Gol as a part of their normal (expanded?) plan, and Gol has La Liga and Bundesliga whereas you have to pay extra over at DirecTV. I don't know about Turkish Premiere League.
buckybadger's Avatar buckybadger 10:25 AM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab319 View Post

Now we need to bombard FSC with e-mails telling them how ESPN is now the premier EPL telecaster since they show in HD. ... why have they been stuck in the past (SD) for so long?

i noticed a number of channels in the 460's on my directv guide that appear to be free and list champions league qualifier games for this coming week as well as an epl game, including games listed in hd. the guide description says "courtesy of directv". fsc has said they will be doing some things in conjunction with directv. if you have directv, you might check it out.

also,here is a recent podcast with executives from goltv, setanta, and fsc regarding their plans for 2009-2010.

http://www.epltalk.com/epl-talk-podc...ge-plans/10045
kevinsert's Avatar kevinsert 01:25 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by petesimac View Post

One of the reasons I switched to FIOS was because they have Fox Soccer Channel and Gol as a part of their normal (expanded?) plan, and Gol has La Liga and Bundesliga whereas you have to pay extra over at DirecTV. I don't know about Turkish Premiere League.

Thanks for your answer sir.
my friend has cablevision and american sports etc nba,mlb,nhl extremely delayed.i need fast one cuz my job is betting on sports live.dont know about directv or fios delay times on live games..
Hormoz's Avatar Hormoz 02:24 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post

i noticed a number of channels in the 460's on my directv guide that appear to be free and list champions league qualifier games for this coming week as well as an epl game, including games listed in hd. the guide description says "courtesy of directv". fsc has said they will be doing some things in conjunction with directv. if you have directv, you might check it out.

Perhaps related to this, the FIOS program guide lists a UEFA champions league qualifying game being shown on FSN-HD. Let's hope it will actually be in HD!
sansri88's Avatar sansri88 03:39 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hormoz View Post

Perhaps related to this, the FIOS program guide lists a UEFA champions league qualifying game being shown on FSN-HD. Let's hope it will actually be in HD!

The FSN game will be in HD. Pregame starts at 1400, game at 1430.
kevinsert's Avatar kevinsert 04:54 PM 08-17-2009
is there any website about sport games listings like this one ----> www.liveonsat.com
its european looking for u.s website
kevinsert's Avatar kevinsert 04:54 PM 08-17-2009
is there any website about sport games listings like this one ----> www.liveonsat.com
Hormoz's Avatar Hormoz 05:36 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansri88 View Post

Thanks for the info, and good news! Finally we get some early round CL games in HD.
hernanu's Avatar hernanu 05:38 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:

????? What channel (I assume today) and I assume 1400 is military time?
Posty-McPost's Avatar Posty-McPost 05:47 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

Local Fox Sports Net channels.
sansri88's Avatar sansri88 06:16 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

Yeah, 2:00pm EDT.

Your local FSN affiliate used to be FSN New England, now CSN New England. They should have the game.
mws192's Avatar mws192 06:35 PM 08-17-2009
It looks like FSN and Fox Soccer will each show a live game during the 2:30 timeslot and then swap and show the other one (delayed) later in the day. However the time of the second game on FSN will depend on whether or not your affiliate has a local game to cover. Therefore, at least for this week, we should have access to all games in HD either live or on delay

Tomorrow:
FSN-HD (in my case MSG+ HD)
2:30pm EST Celtic vs Arsenal (Live HD)
8pm EST Sheriff vs Olympiacos (delay, but HD)

Fox Soccer:
2:30pm EST Sheriff vs Olympiacos (live, but SD)
5pm EST Celtic vs Arsenal (Delay, SD)
mx6bfast's Avatar mx6bfast 07:24 PM 08-17-2009
Just set my local RSN showing it to record.

Seeing all of these international games in HD is giving me that funny feeling like when I climb the rope in gym class.

I can't stand Arsenal, but I can let it pass this time.
bigbare's Avatar bigbare 07:36 PM 08-17-2009
Just had the local cable installer here to fix my box. He told my wife that here in NY, FSC will be in HD on 1206 by the end of this month!!! Can't wait!! This is Time Warner in my area.
Posty-McPost's Avatar Posty-McPost 08:21 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbare View Post

Just had the local cable installer here to fix my box. He told my wife that here in NY, FSC will be in HD on 1206 by the end of this month!!! Can't wait!! This is Time Warner in my area.

There is no FSC-HD to add at this time. Launching Jan 2010.
bigbare's Avatar bigbare 08:24 PM 08-17-2009
Funny that the calbe guy says end of the month, guess time will tell. Unless you work for FSC?!
Posty-McPost's Avatar Posty-McPost 09:11 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbare View Post

Funny that the calbe guy says end of the month, guess time will tell. Unless you work for FSC?!

No please get all your info from the cable guy. JG knows more about HD news and he's been dead 14 years. Also the line is...Once in a while you get shown the light.

Edit:

Will Fox Soccer Channel be offering broadcasts in high definition (HDTV)?
FSC is targeting January, 2010 as the date to offer select programs in high definition (HD) where rights and access to HD feeds are available, including the UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League and Serie A.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5648992
petesimac's Avatar petesimac 09:17 PM 08-17-2009
Quote:

QFT. It was beautiful. (Although Chelsea won...grr..)

Yeah, I can't stand them, but that was a helluva goal by king flopper, Drogba.
bigbare's Avatar bigbare 08:38 AM 08-18-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posty-McPost View Post

No please get all your info from the cable guy. JG knows more about HD news and he's been dead 14 years. Also the line is...Once in a while you get shown the light.

Edit:

Will Fox Soccer Channel be offering broadcasts in high definition (HDTV)?
FSC is targeting January, 2010 as the date to offer select programs in high definition (HD) where rights and access to HD feeds are available, including the UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League and Serie A.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5648992

Hmmmmm, never thought to check the site. Wonder if maybe the cable guy just meant the channel will be up and running. Then FSC will go to the actual HD feed in Jan. Didn't ever realize it has been 14 yrs. since his passing. My how time slips by sometimes.
sianli's Avatar sianli 11:35 AM 08-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsert View Post

is there any website about sport games listings like this one ----> liveonsat.com

If you're looking for a website with soccer specific listings for the US, check out this one: soccerstation.tv
rsra13's Avatar rsra13 12:11 PM 08-19-2009
The best for soccer is: http://www.livesoccertv.com/

And for sports in general: http://www.hdsportsguide.com/
cgh3rd's Avatar cgh3rd 01:41 PM 08-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianli View Post

If you're looking for a website with soccer specific listings for the US, check out this one: soccerstation.tv

This is the site to check out for sure!
hernanu's Avatar hernanu 09:20 AM 08-20-2009
Quote:

Yeah, 2:00pm EDT.

Your local FSN affiliate used to be FSN New England, now CSN New England. They should have the game.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Does it continue into the weekend?
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop