'Mad Men' on AMC HD - Page 85 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2521 of 2541 Old 04-12-2015, 12:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 51
So lost... What # is don on now... ? What happened... ? What...? O. O

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2541 Old 04-13-2015, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 130
So it's 1970, right? Megan gets a cool Million....

Don is really slumming & those moustaches look really creepy....
post #2523 of 2541 Old 04-13-2015, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Another snoozer of an episode for me. The only part I really liked was Don home to his empty condo.
post #2524 of 2541 Old 04-13-2015, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
What about the waitress was she really someone he knew or he's mistaken? Those awful moustaches of Roger and Ted man, dumb 70's.
You know it's a bad decade when even the people on mad men can't make it look good let alone us mere mortals.
post #2525 of 2541 Old 04-13-2015, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post
Another snoozer of an episode for me. The only part I really liked was Don home to his empty condo.
Agree but I would add Harry's lame attempt at casting couch and then running to Don to warn him about Megan and Roger's perplexed look when he realized he was stuck in the middle of Megan and her mother. Wonder if Marie cleaned out the kid's rooms as well.
post #2526 of 2541 Old 04-13-2015, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Oh I thought this episode was great and it was brisk not a dull moment. I agree Don is just mystery as far as what he wants and why he pursuing that basket case waitress.She's running from her past, but I thought Don was done with that. Megan turned out to be quite a bitch. Stan, Peggy and Pima were interesting. Mimi Rogers was sure a surprise.

sent via Morse code...........

The Hun
post #2527 of 2541 Old 04-14-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Yeah Megan Don ruined your life? c'mon you are flappin' young, with a acting/modeling career ahead, you can get any man you want and you are blaming Don for what? I hope we've seen the last of her.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #2528 of 2541 Unread 04-14-2015, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Sure, Megan still has a bright future. I see her as just venting her frustrations over her current career struggles (the Harry meeting fiasco) and buying into what her mom and sis were feeding her.

But when you think about it, Don really did pull some major dick moves she didn't deserve: getting her to quit her successful soap opera job to move to LA with him, only to not go out to LA himself so he could stay in NY, lie about still having a job (using it as an excuse for not visiting her or moving out there with her), while screwing her friend and neighbor the whole time.

The character I'm most disappointed in is Harry. I always felt sorry for him that no one at the agency liked him, his worst sins being he tried too hard and had limited social skills and was often bit annoying and inappropriate in the process. But after trying to take advantage of Megan the way he did (knowing that she'd otherwise have no interest in him), I now see him as a Grade A asshat.

Last edited by Zookster; 04-14-2015 at 09:20 AM.
post #2529 of 2541 Unread 04-14-2015, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I agree with Zookster she had reason to tell him off. As was pointed out on the Hollywood Prospectus podcast, the Megan in this most recent episode is very different than the Megan we were introduced to when she first became Don's secretary. He's changed her a lot. And not in ways that she likes or wanted to.

having said all that I would be more than happy if we never see her again since there's only 5 left.

Am i the only one that couldn't remember who rachel was? I really think the 7/7 split was a horrible idea.
post #2530 of 2541 Unread 04-14-2015, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

post #2531 of 2541 Unread 04-14-2015, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
I agree with Zookster she had reason to tell him off. As was pointed out on the Hollywood Prospectus podcast, the Megan in this most recent episode is very different than the Megan we were introduced to when she first became Don's secretary. He's changed her a lot. And not in ways that she likes or wanted to.

having said all that I would be more than happy if we never see her again since there's only 5 left.

Am i the only one that couldn't remember who rachel was? I really think the 7/7 split was a horrible idea.
She got her money no reason she should be back.
post #2532 of 2541 Unread 04-15-2015, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Agee. That was her good bye scene. ken's was taking the job at Dow and shoving it in the face of Roger and Pete on the way out. Might have seen the last of betty too.

I think the last 5 is a heavy dose of Don, Pete, Roger, Peggy and Joan. The core 5 of the show since season 1
post #2533 of 2541 Unread 04-15-2015, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Sure, Megan still has a bright future. I see her as just venting her frustrations over her current career struggles (the Harry meeting fiasco) and buying into what her mom and sis were feeding her.

But when you think about it, Don really did pull some major dick moves she didn't deserve: getting her to quit her successful soap opera job to move to LA with him, only to not go out to LA himself so he could stay in NY, lie about still having a job (using it as an excuse for not visiting her or moving out there with her), while screwing her friend and neighbor the whole time.
She was a secretary with no real prospects, meeting Don was her ticket into acting, and let's not forget the writer's wife made a pass at her which she rejected. How long do you think she would have been in that soap doing that? Yeah Don stood her up with that LA gig, but without him she would be nothing, and she got a cool million , Whatever happened with the line she uttered: "Don you don't owe me anything" I do agree that she was a nice girl at least on the surface and she didn't deserve any mistreatment she got, but let's look at the big picture here,

The Hun
post #2534 of 2541 Unread 04-15-2015, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
She was a secretary with no real prospects, meeting Don was her ticket into acting, and let's not forget the writer's wife made a pass at her which she rejected. How long do you think she would have been in that soap doing that? Yeah Don stood her up with that LA gig, but without him she would be nothing, and she got a cool million , Whatever happened with the line she uttered: "Don you don't owe me anything" I do agree that she was a nice girl at least on the surface and she didn't deserve any mistreatment she got, but let's look at the big picture here,
She probably would have left it at you don't owe me anything if her mother and sister didn't get involved. All the talk about the damage Don had done to their family undoubtedly changed her mind. And the fact that she had not found any work also figured in to it. A lot of divorces start out amicable until the families get involved then things can get messy fast. She's lucky Don signed the check without consulting his lawyer.
post #2535 of 2541 Unread Yesterday, 12:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post
She probably would have left it at you don't owe me anything if her mother and sister didn't get involved. All the talk about the damage Don had done to their family undoubtedly changed her mind. And the fact that she had not found any work also figured in to it. A lot of divorces start out amicable until the families get involved then things can get messy fast. She's lucky Don signed the check without consulting his lawyer.
Yeah I know her mum is total cu**nt and I'm not sure what damage she was referring to, must be a Quebecoise thing.

The Hun
post #2536 of 2541 Unread Yesterday, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Because marrying Don gets her mom introduced to Roger and they have their fling and the sister is torn up about it etc etc
post #2537 of 2541 Unread Yesterday, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
I think the last 5 is a heavy dose of Don, Pete, Roger, Peggy and Joan. The core 5 of the show since season 1
You would hope. The episodes should all be about the people we care about, good or bad. Taking up so much time with the waitress' story was unnecessary. It isn't as though we got more insight into Don. And who cares about Megan's sister and mom?

I am pretty forgiving with respect to what the writers do, but that episode did nothing for me.

Don and Peggy are the most interesting people on the show. That's who I want to see to end this.

David M.
post #2538 of 2541 Unread Yesterday, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post
You would hope. The episodes should all be about the people we care about, good or bad. Taking up so much time with the waitress' story was unnecessary. It isn't as though we got more insight into Don. And who cares about Megan's sister and mom?

I am pretty forgiving with respect to what the writers do, but that episode did nothing for me.

Don and Peggy are the most interesting people on the show. That's who I want to see to end this.
But the waitress story was Don's story. It's not like they ever showed Diana fighting with her family or going on job interviews. She was only shown in relationship to Don, which turned out to be an important aspect of his development this season as we see him going from screwing around with random young hotties to looking to get serious with a slightly more mature woman who doesn't have any real career to get in the way of his program of being the bread-winning alpha male.
post #2539 of 2541 Unread Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
But the waitress story was Don's story. It's not like they ever showed Diana fighting with her family or going on job interviews. She was only shown in relationship to Don, which turned out to be an important aspect of his development this season as we see him going from screwing around with random young hotties to looking to get serious with a slightly more mature woman who doesn't have any real career to get in the way of his program of being the bread-winning alpha male.
I understand your point, but I felt that Don's role in those scenes was minor. All he did was hug her, kiss her, sleep with her and make a couple faces. Maybe there was more going on than I absorbed.

David M.
post #2540 of 2541 Unread Yesterday, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I know her mum is total cu**nt and I'm not sure what damage she was referring to, must be a Quebecoise thing.
She really didn't get in to specifics but i agree with Jamieva's response, and throw in her dropping acid with Roger. She tells Megan at one point she's surprised Megan didn't get syphilis from Don. Did Megan know about all of Don's flings? I know the marriage between Megan's parents was crap so maybe Marie assumed all men were the same or maybe she just knew Don. I'm really hoping that was the last we see of Megan and co. and I'm also thinking Betty might be done too. Don's sons seemed to be completely happy with Henry and barely noticed when Don left. Out of the core players mentioned I would add Sally to that list. Two episodes in and she has not made an appearance yet which makes me think she will get a Sally centric episode as a sendoff or somehow figure in to the finale.
post #2541 of 2541 Unread Today, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Sooo much better episode. Hilariously pathetic. Lol

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Mad Men Season Five Blu Ray , Mad Men Season Four Blu Ray , Mad Men Season 3 Blu Ray , Mad Men Season Two Blu Ray , Mad Men Season One Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Mad by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page