'Mad Men' on AMC HD - Page 86 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2551 of 2568 Old 04-20-2015, 07:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
Fighting words, sir. Did you not see her making an indelible impression on Firefly?
Indeed! Who could forget Hendricks as "Our Mrs. Reynolds?"
acebreathe likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 02:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
Fighting words, sir. Did you not see her making an indelible impression on Firefly?
Her work on Firefly is nowhere near the level of performance she has done for the 7 seasons of Mad Men. She stepped her game up considerably for this role.
post #2553 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 158
IDK this new guy for Joan is very unstable, I think he'll ruin her for giving him another chance, maybe even hit the boy and worse... better let him be "free" like he wants it.

Man that Weiner boy broke my heart, I hope he finds something else. So that's the last we are going to see of Sally right?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #2554 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Sally is probably done. Joan might be done too that's the most time they have spent on her in a long time. Only 4 left
post #2555 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddR View Post
Clearly the most nepotistic casting on the show. Young Mr. Weiner still delivers an unconvincing performance.
The kids in this show have always been the weak link in the acting department, which is surprising given how all adult performances have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post
Second week in a row they ended with Don and the apartment. Last week he was sitting in a barren unit, empty of pretty much everything. Now he's left outside of his place. Well, now his former place as the new couple (the lady is very pregnant) are signing the papers to buy it.

By the way, I would assume $85,000 is a lot of money for that place.

I wouldn't know - I was living in Queens (from the time period of this episode, very close to graduating high school) with my parents in a nice 4 room unit that was under rent control.
He got the asking price, according to the realtor, and we don't know what that would be. $85K was her worst case scenario price if she had to sell it as a fixer upper because Don wouldn't rent furniture or replace the carpet.

I found Don and the realtor's interactions very interesting. She was what you might say very forward with him. I know in the past Don's been attracted to women who challenged him a bit and were independent career women. Could this be the woman Don rides off into the sunset with at season's end?
post #2556 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't think so, but that's a woman in the past that he would've at least spent the night with.

I could not wait for Sally to be off the screen this week. I don't know what it is I know that her dialogue is meant to be whiny but the girl playing her I thought was terrible and I just wanted her out of the scenes as soon as possible. Unbearable. I don't think she was terrible for the entire run of the show. That was a lot of emotional baggage to place on a child actor to play that role especially in the middle seasons going through the divorce, finally telling Don she loves him etc
post #2557 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
I don't think so, but that's a woman in the past that he would've at least spent the night with.
Yeah, there was definitely a time we would've just assumed they had slept together even if they never showed it. It was interesting how they made a point of showing her turn around when Don got out of bed to make sure we knew they weren't sleeping together (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
I could not wait for Sally to be off the screen this week. I don't know what it is I know that her dialogue is meant to be whiny but the girl playing her I thought was terrible and I just wanted her out of the scenes as soon as possible. Unbearable. I don't think she was terrible for the entire run of the show. That was a lot of emotional baggage to place on a child actor to play that role especially in the middle seasons going through the divorce, finally telling Don she loves him etc
Kiernan Shipka has definitely had some good moments on the show. I just remember during those early scenes (s.3?) with the young Glen (when they lived close by) thinking how terrible the child acting was on this show, starting with the boys who play Don's sons.
post #2558 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Indeed! Who could forget Hendricks as "Our Mrs. Reynolds?"
Nobody who actually saw the episode! Stole every scene she was in!
post #2559 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
Nobody who actually saw the episode! Stole every scene she was in!
I honestly don't remember anything else that happened that entire series.
post #2560 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 05:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Hendricks is not a great actress but she is certainly a competent one. Her sexiness is legendary and she has thousand watt charisma.
post #2561 of 2568 Old 04-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post
Agree but I would add Harry's lame attempt at casting couch and then running to Don to warn him about Megan and Roger's perplexed look when he realized he was stuck in the middle of Megan and her mother. Wonder if Marie cleaned out the kid's rooms as well.
Lame attempt? It was my impression that he scored with her. Why else would he come into Don's office looking kinda panicky, telling him that she was acting crazy and saying weird stuff? He was covering his a$$, just in case she told Don about it. Harry has become slime.

Why would she do it, you ask? Well, to get back at Don, for one, and because it's standard practice in Hollywood (not her first time on the "casting couch")? Megan has become slime.

IMO, their actions will be revealed to Don before the story is finished, probably with Harry rubbing it in Don's face after another rude and demeaning comment by Don towards him....

Nobody with any redeeming social value in this show anymore .... moral of the story is that money corrupts. Even the wives and children are a mess! Does any character get out "alive"?

Last edited by RayGuy; 04-22-2015 at 12:03 AM.
post #2562 of 2568 Old 04-22-2015, 02:44 AM
AVS Special Member

No you read Harry going to Don completely wrong. Harry was worried that Megan would tell Don that Harry made the pass at her.
dminches likes this.
post #2563 of 2568 Old 04-22-2015, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Yeah, it was pretty clear that Megan left and Harry was in a panic. Harry tried to use exactly your casting couch reasoning, which she was disgusted by and rejected.
post #2564 of 2568 Old 04-22-2015, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

Kiernan Shipka has definitely had some good moments on the show. I just remember during those early scenes (s.3?) with the young Glen (when they lived close by) thinking how terrible the child acting was on this show, starting with the boys who play Don's sons.
One or two, maybe. The scene when Glen told Sally and Betty he was joining the Army was cringe worthy. The children were horrendous in the series. I don't know, maybe the writing had something to do with it, but every scene was so stilted it made me uncomfortable.
post #2565 of 2568 Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 25
MUCH better episode, I thought.

Good story line with Peggy and I loved Don's SCDP West genious idea being squashed like a bug.

Even the Pete and Trudy possible reconcilliation was interesting.
post #2566 of 2568 Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

It just hit me last night watching the show. Everyone one else over the years have had hair style changes, facial hair changes, their outfits change with the years.

Don looks and dresses the same in 1970 as he did in 1959 when the show started.
acebreathe likes this.
post #2567 of 2568 Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
One or two, maybe. The scene when Glen told Sally and Betty he was joining the Army was cringe worthy. The children were horrendous in the series. I don't know, maybe the writing had something to do with it, but every scene was so stilted it made me uncomfortable.
I found the scene very well done and believable, so one person's stilted is another's natural.
post #2568 of 2568 Unread Today, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 158
I'm a big Alison Brie fan and was very happy to see her at least one last time in this show, and yes, she's ageless...

Awww no more SCDP, so that's how it ends? sad

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Mad Men Season Five Blu Ray , Mad Men Season Four Blu Ray , Mad Men Season 3 Blu Ray , Mad Men Season Two Blu Ray , Mad Men Season One Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Mad by PriceGrabber.com