'Mad Men' on AMC HD - Page 88 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2611 of 2615 Unread Today, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post
It wasn't a secretary's foot. It was one of the guys who was part of team looking to improve the efficiency of the office (I think). It was definitely a guy, though.
Not sure of the spelling but I believe the guy was Cingin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 2615 Unread Today, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Not sure of the spelling but I believe the guy was Cingin.
The person who got run over was Guy MacKendrick, a young hotshot from PP&L, the London-based agency that was taking over Sterling Cooper. The episode was in season 3 (episode #6 ). It was a secretary, Lois Sadler, riding the John Deere that Kenny brought in during Joan's farewell party. Joan saved Guy's life by stopping the bleeding but he eventually lost the foot and was fired.
post #2613 of 2615 Unread Today, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastdave View Post
the clues are obvious and everywhere.

Don goes to california and gets out of advertising. He finally reverts to dick whitman to complete his transformation. He burns his don draper social security card but keeps the envelope money. His estrangement with his ny family and advertising is irrevocable.

Megan passes don by the pool at the hyatt regency but does not recognize him with his spanish goatee and monocle. Megan has moved on. She has changed her name to meaghan and has married an orthodontist who has spent the past few years trying to do something about her exceedingly large chompers.

Henry francis is indicted for voter fraud and goes to prison. Betty and sally go to bermuda to take up residence and look for betty/don's missing son, bobby. They open an equestrian center for disadvantaged palominos.

Don runs into trudy at the mall in santa monica. She has left pete who now has the kids. Trudy learns to drink and wear grown up clothes. Don/dick re-aquires his drinking skills and considers rejoining the us army to amend for his identity theft. He and trudy consider opening a combination bar/clothing store/brothel in venice, calif.

Mccann swallows pete, harry, and the minions but don, joan, and peggy are out forever. Peggy becomes a waitress and backfills diane at the diner. She focuses on raising her son as she should have all along. Joan dumps strange guy who shows up on weekends and reconciles with roger. They drink cinzano vermouth and screw off into the sunset.

Cooper and pryce come out of hiding. Their faked death was uncovered by ken cosgrove who is a part time journalist with the daily voice to supplement his day job as a pirate at long john silvers. Cooper and pryce flee to reno to spend the millions they embezzled from the mccann sale. Mccann commits suicide when he learns that coca cola was bought by kfc and that harry was hired as their in house advertising executive.

Ted returns to ny and takes over as the head of mccann. He hires bobby draper, currently in rehab, a former nypd precinct captain, as his lead creative executive. Don/dick splits with trudy and reconnects with diane when he encounters her working the second shift at a local subway sandwich shop.

Fade to black ...
roflmo!

SCB48
Fairfax, Va.
post #2614 of 2615 Unread Today, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The show is working up to a brilliant ending. The changes taking place are very real in the business world and it's being brilliantly portrayed. All you older guys know what I'm talking about. You work for many years being fairly happy in your work and company. Then major changes beyond your control take place and all of a sudden you are in a bad situation. Happened to me twice and I finally was able to retire. You younger folks will find this out.
I predict the show will end with most of the main characters going their seperate directions. If anybody stays it will be Pete. Advertising is no longer what it was to the main characters for various reasons.
Again, it is being brilliantly portrayed.

SCB48
Fairfax, Va.
post #2615 of 2615 Unread Today, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 28
That was also when Roger spoke a great line after the scene, when he was hanging out with some of the guys in an office and said, " And just when he got his foot in the door" and then they all laughed, as did I. Classic.
Leftcoastdave likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Mad Men Season Five Blu Ray , Mad Men Season Four Blu Ray , Mad Men Season 3 Blu Ray , Mad Men Season Two Blu Ray , Mad Men Season One Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Mad by PriceGrabber.com