Californication on SHO - Page 35 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1021 of 1062 Old 04-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
RickD1225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Unfortunately it is quite likely Maggie is out of the picture for the next season. Hank blew her off and she needs to go be "somebody's" muse.

RickD1225 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1022 of 1062 Old 04-09-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In the ATL
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Well she blew him off more than once, so you could say he got something out of it.
slowbiscuit is offline  
post #1023 of 1062 Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I enjoyed this season and loved Tim Minchin as Atticus. He's a very talented guy. There is an "arena tour" of Jesus Christ Superstar in Australia an England this year and Minchin plays Judas. I've seen some video clips and he is outstanding. The guy has some serious vocal chops.
Cal1981 is offline  
post #1024 of 1062 Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
jabbathespud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SFBA
Posts: 873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 33
jabbathespud is offline  
post #1025 of 1062 Old 04-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
acebreathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: No Plfd NJ
Posts: 925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Doesn't matter who plays what it always comes down to Hank and Karen and he always chooses the increasingly wishy washy Karen. Gotta be better than this season though.
acebreathe is offline  
post #1026 of 1062 Old 10-16-2013, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 77
David Duchovny refused to let Gillian Anderson appear on Californication
by WENN | 16 October 2013

Actor David Duchovny has banned his The X-Files co-star Gillian Anderson from landing a guest role on his hit TV series Californication in an effort to preserve the memory of their FBI special agent characters.

The actors, who portrayed Fox Mulder and Dana Scully for nine years on the cult sci-fi show, reunited on Saturday (12 October 2013) to discuss The X-Files at New York's Paley Center for Media, and during the chat, Anderson revealed she's been repeatedly snubbed by her old pal on Californication, in which Duchovny plays a troubled, womanising writer.

She quipped, "Come on, I could have been the Scully-impersonating stripper that you have sex with!"

The actors also reiterated their interest in reviving the franchise for a new movie, and in a recent online chat, Duchovny encouraged fans to lobby creator Chris Carter to speed up plans for a third The X-Files film.

He explained, "I think Chris is working on a script... He claims to be working on a script, and if he does do that and (Studio 20th Century) FOX wants to make it... Gillian will do it, I will do it, so start your writing campaign now."

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/david-duchovny-refused-to-let-gillian-anderson-appear-on-californication_3907702
Young C is offline  
post #1027 of 1062 Old 12-09-2013, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Showtime’s ‘Californication’ To End Run After Upcoming Seventh Season
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday December 9, 2013 @ 11:00am PST

One of Showtime‘s longest-running series, Californication, is coming to an end. The dark comedy’s upcoming 12-episode seventh season, slated to debut in April, will be its last. The series is bowing out on top, having steadily grown in the ratings over its run to post its highest-rated season ever in season six, which averaged 2.9 million weekly viewers across platforms. The decision to end Californication after Season 7 was quietly made after season six wrapped. The network brass wanted one more season, made one-year deals with creator/exec producer Tom Kapinos and star/exec producer David Duchovny, and the show’s producers started planning a final act. “With its unique blend of lyricism and excess, Californication has been one of our groundbreaking signature series,” said Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. “We will always be indebted to Tom Kapinos for leading the creative charge on this memorable comedy, and to David Duchovny for making us root for an unapologetic hedonist like Hank Moody.” As for how things will end for Hank, Nevins would not drop clues but assured that “Tom has carefully planned the final chapter of Hank’s journey and has brought it to a beautiful and satisfying conclusion for new and long-time fans alike.” Californication stars Duchovny in his Golden Globe-winning role as hedonistic writer Hank Moody who fights to balance the demands of his insatiable libido, unpredictable career, ex-girlfriend/muse Karen and beloved daughter Becca. The final season will find Hank joining the writer’s room as his never-released film Santa Monica Cop now becomes a television series of the same name. He’s riled frequently by his boss, the show’s old-school executive producer Rick Rath (guest star Michael Imperioli), and his fellow writing team members, including Goldie (guest star Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Alonzo (co-star Alonzo Bodden). But he’s thrown by the reemergence of old friend Julia (guest star Heather Graham), whose arrival causes chaos in Hank’s already hectic life, and with his on-off relationship with Karen (Natascha McElhone). Meanwhile, Charlie (Evan Handler) and Marcy (Pamela Adlon) grapple with the aftermath of their reunion and an enticing offer from her ex-husband, Stu Beggs (guest star Stephen Tobolowsky). Rob Lowe, Brandon T. Jackson, Oliver Cooper and Mercedes Masohn will also guest star. Over the course of its run, Californication has received five Emmy nominations and has two wins.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/californication-cancelled-showtime-after-season-seven/

__________________

Noooo frown.gif

On the other hand, I think it may be time. Californication is nothing like "back in the day." I miss the 2nd and 3rd season. Good ole days.
Young C is offline  
post #1028 of 1062 Old 12-09-2013, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thedeskE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Showtime’s ‘Californication’ To End Run After Upcoming Seventh Season
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday December 9, 2013 @ 11:00am PST

One of Showtime‘s longest-running series, Californication, is coming to an end. The dark comedy’s upcoming 12-episode seventh season, slated to debut in April, will be its last. The series is bowing out on top, having steadily grown in the ratings over its run to post its highest-rated season ever in season six, which averaged 2.9 million weekly viewers across platforms. The decision to end Californication after Season 7 was quietly made after season six wrapped. The network brass wanted one more season, made one-year deals with creator/exec producer Tom Kapinos and star/exec producer David Duchovny, and the show’s producers started planning a final act. “With its unique blend of lyricism and excess, Californication has been one of our groundbreaking signature series,” said Showtime entertainment president David Nevins. “We will always be indebted to Tom Kapinos for leading the creative charge on this memorable comedy, and to David Duchovny for making us root for an unapologetic hedonist like Hank Moody.” As for how things will end for Hank, Nevins would not drop clues but assured that “Tom has carefully planned the final chapter of Hank’s journey and has brought it to a beautiful and satisfying conclusion for new and long-time fans alike.” Californication stars Duchovny in his Golden Globe-winning role as hedonistic writer Hank Moody who fights to balance the demands of his insatiable libido, unpredictable career, ex-girlfriend/muse Karen and beloved daughter Becca. The final season will find Hank joining the writer’s room as his never-released film Santa Monica Cop now becomes a television series of the same name. He’s riled frequently by his boss, the show’s old-school executive producer Rick Rath (guest star Michael Imperioli), and his fellow writing team members, including Goldie (guest star Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Alonzo (co-star Alonzo Bodden). But he’s thrown by the reemergence of old friend Julia (guest star Heather Graham), whose arrival causes chaos in Hank’s already hectic life, and with his on-off relationship with Karen (Natascha McElhone). Meanwhile, Charlie (Evan Handler) and Marcy (Pamela Adlon) grapple with the aftermath of their reunion and an enticing offer from her ex-husband, Stu Beggs (guest star Stephen Tobolowsky). Rob Lowe, Brandon T. Jackson, Oliver Cooper and Mercedes Masohn will also guest star. Over the course of its run, Californication has received five Emmy nominations and has two wins.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/californication-cancelled-showtime-after-season-seven/

__________________

Noooo frown.gif

On the other hand, I think it may be time. Californication is nothing like "back in the day." I miss the 2nd and 3rd season. Good ole days.

They're taking away our Breast Count - Bastrds!
Young C likes this.
thedeskE is offline  
post #1029 of 1062 Old 05-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
acebreathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: No Plfd NJ
Posts: 925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 45
3 episodes in to final season and I'm the first to post. Speaks volumes to how far this show has fallen. Really been terrible so far running on fumes basically. If I had not watched from start I'd have ignored it.
acebreathe is offline  
post #1030 of 1062 Old 05-03-2014, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 400
This show has been barely hanging on for the last few seasons, definitely time for it to end. They ran out of fresh material. This happens with many shows that stay around too long.

I'll keep watching to see how it finishes but a show I used to watch immediately on Sunday evenings is now something I get to later in the week.
acebreathe likes this.

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #1031 of 1062 Old 05-03-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I like the show mainly for the bromance between Runkel and Hank, but all the garbage with Hank's ex grew stale years ago. They have no chemistry.

Not a big Heather Graham fan and the plot with Hank's son isn't really holding my interest either. I think the show peaked with season 3.
acebreathe likes this.
skyehill is offline  
post #1032 of 1062 Old 05-03-2014, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Robert Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: The OC
Posts: 4,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
The series really should have ended at the end of season 4, with Hank literally riding into the sunset.
The central story of this series is the underlying heartache Hank brought on to himself by screwing his relationship with Karen. That concept has been dragged out and played for so long it no longer has any emotion left...

Robert Clark
Robert Clark is offline  
post #1033 of 1062 Old 05-03-2014, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
humdinger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Probably why the actress who portrays Moody's daughter Becca isn't in it. Even her name has been removed from the opening credits.
humdinger70 is offline  
post #1034 of 1062 Old 05-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 640
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The first actress to audition for Hank and Christopher was the girl from the ATT Cell commercials. "Yep"..
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #1035 of 1062 Old 05-12-2014, 04:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Stocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northwest New Jersey
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
BRUTAL to watch anymore .... ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE writing . Who thought a storyline around Levon would be a good way to wrap up the final season of a series . Last night has me on the cusp of not watching anymore . It ended and I literally asked myself " WTF did I just watch "
acebreathe likes this.
Stocky is offline  
post #1036 of 1062 Old 05-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 640
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I concur, the story has really gone down hill.. The hooker was hot though..
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #1037 of 1062 Old 05-12-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
They spent 6 seasons building the relationship between Hank and his daughter and in the final season they make her disappear and replace her with some unlikable loser? I'm not feeling the Charlie story. I'd much rather see him and Marcy work on their lives together. On the upside, there's been very little seen of Karen. I didn't love last season, but it was much better than this junk. For me, last season was saved by the presence of Atticus.
skyehill is offline  
post #1038 of 1062 Old 05-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Willie_Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hickory Creek, TX
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

For me, last season was saved by the presence of Atticus.

Agreed, too bad he's not around to save this dreadful season. I couldn't stand Becca, but I think I liked her better than Levon. And I don't think I like Karen anymore either. Only still watching out of habit, I guess rolleyes.gif

Bill
Willie_Tee is offline  
post #1039 of 1062 Old 05-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Senior Member
 
dminches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The show peaked when Runkle was playing the "gay agent" thing.

David M.
dminches is offline  
post #1040 of 1062 Old 05-15-2014, 01:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

The first actress to audition for Hank and Christopher was the girl from the ATT Cell commercials. "Yep"..

She's pretty cute too!

http://peanutchuck.com/22-photos-milana-vayntrub-att-supervisor-commercial

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #1041 of 1062 Old 05-15-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,075
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I was watching to see if I could see Heather Graham with a bit less clothes and curiosity if Mary Lynn Rasjkub was going to do a sex scene, no such luck...

Instead we have that bad looking Levon kid naked ewww

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
post #1042 of 1062 Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
humdinger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I was watching to see if I could see Heather Graham with a bit less clothes and curiosity if Mary Lynn Rasjkub was going to do a sex scene, no such luck...

Instead we have that bad looking Levon kid naked ewww
Be careful Runkle, you hurt Chloe and be prepared for a visit from Jack Bauer. rolleyes.gif
humdinger70 is offline  
post #1043 of 1062 Old 05-16-2014, 07:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 513
I think Californication, in all its raunchy glory, is as good as ever. The writers have no shame but, boy, they are funny, as are the performers! There is a caveat there though: I suspect that my unremitting love for the show may be the result of a twisted psyche. smile.gif
gwsat is offline  
post #1044 of 1062 Old 06-04-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Finally an episode without Levon....and it was yet another lame Karen flashback episode. There is no bigger boner killer on TV than Karen. I blame the drunk driver for not finishing the job.
skyehill is offline  
post #1045 of 1062 Old 06-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
acebreathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: No Plfd NJ
Posts: 925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Finally an episode without Levon....and it was yet another lame Karen flashback episode. There is no bigger boner killer on TV than Karen. I blame the drunk driver for not finishing the job.
Doing flashbacks with actors who are supposed to look younger even though they are now considerably older is never a good idea and this episode was a complete waste. I can't believe that at one time I actually looked forward to this show every week. It might be more tolerable if the kid wasn't such a D-bag.
acebreathe is offline  
post #1046 of 1062 Old 06-17-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Just watched episode 11. I have a new least favorite episode of Californication. The return of Becca...hurray! Now the show is burdened with two awful, whiny children. It was just an incredibly unpleasant episode to watch. I have no idea how they're going to wrap everything up next week, but I'm finding more and more that I don't give a ####. Sucks to see one of your favorite shows end on a horrible season.
acebreathe likes this.
skyehill is offline  
post #1047 of 1062 Old 06-18-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post
Just watched episode 11. I have a new least favorite episode of Californication. The return of Becca...hurray! Now the show is burdened with two awful, whiny children. It was just an incredibly unpleasant episode to watch. I have no idea how they're going to wrap everything up next week, but I'm finding more and more that I don't give a ####. Sucks to see one of your favorite shows end on a horrible season.
I haven't seen this episode yet (I assume that it's available On Demand) but last week's "Dinner With Friends" had me spitting up laughing. Every knock on the door made the situation more insane and hilarious.
Cal1981 is offline  
post #1048 of 1062 Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
jabbathespud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SFBA
Posts: 873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 33
The "Dinner" episodes are usually among the best.
jabbathespud is offline  
post #1049 of 1062 Old 06-18-2014, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
I haven't seen this episode yet (I assume that it's available On Demand) but last week's "Dinner With Friends" had me spitting up laughing. Every knock on the door made the situation more insane and hilarious.
Last week's episode (the dinner one) was the best of the season imo.
skyehill is offline  
post #1050 of 1062 Old 06-19-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 614
Been awhile since I watched this show. Decided it was time to catch up. About a 1/4 into season 6. This show still cracks me up. Runkle wanted to be a gaygent. Classic.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off