post #451 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S View Post

The show lost another 2 million viewers last night. Growth out of Prison Break is very marginal at this point.

Well up until air time, I was confused about whether this was a new episode or a repeat of the second episode. *All* of the online program guides failed to flag as a new episode, and the synopses could have applied to a previous episode.

And in further rantings ... how is it that I completely missed the restart of fresh Kyle XY episodes last week? ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm assuming the blond suicide girl/paintings on the wall story isn't over and will be explored further. I can't imagine they'd come up with a weird way of pushing her to suicide if it was just a simple plot device to get John upset he can't save her. I hope his part of the show doesn't turn into a lame high school drama/sleuth storyline.
post #453 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I thought the same thing, except it was the scene when the scientist saw the robot and seductively shut the door behind him. WTF was that all about?

Yes, there was a robot from the future with scary glowing eyes in his bathroom. Why wasn't the scientist peeing his pants and running out of the house screaming for his life? He was more like, "Cool! I made a new friend! The chicks'll dig him!"

There were a few things that didn't make sense in this one but it is television so it can't get everything right.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #454 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

I thought the same thing, except it was the scene when the scientist saw the robot and seductively shut the door behind him. WTF was that all about?

Really good question. I didn't get that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

MY biggest question is where the (now required) oxygen will come from from for the Terminator's new human cells, considering Terminators do not have lungs, having never needed them with no red blood cells?

Well, heck, it could have some sort of tiny and efficient respiration unit that pulls oxygen from the air. It wouldn't have to be the same size and location as a human's lungs.

(BTW, Great explanation Spyder. That was pretty much the way I had followed it, although I wouldn't have been able to describe it so succinctly. I've got to give the writers credit for giving it a pseudo-plausible scientific basis. Most network scifi shows would've totally hand-waved that one away. I get the feeling the writers really are geeks, in a good way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbigvolume View Post

Hate to be a jerk but I think if a woman is going to flirt with you, go out on several dates with you, and then burn your f - ing house down, maybe she should sleep with you. I mean come on. That poor guy.

True that.
post #455 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yeah the odd thing is that a scientist made it there in a matter or hours by just seeing one math equation... if it was in a full equiped lab with a full team and stuff I could get it.

Even though it wasn't shown, one can figure that the terminator chose that specific scientist because skin regeneration for burn victims was his specialty, which is why he knew of colleagues'/competitors' work in that field and spoke of his incorrect formulas/hypotheses.

As for the 2 new unknown girls... the jumper was probably some plot device to show John's conflict with being the savior of mankind in the future, or to show that even in his younger days machines still had control over his destiny because it was Cameron who kept him from saving the jumper.
Maybe the other girl will be John's wife further ignoring the T3 timeline. I'm sure further episodes might provide us with explanations but for now, like others have said, WTF??

post #456 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
For everyone complaining about the show not making sense, the answer is you have to drop some acid, first. Then it becomes absolutely coherent. That and play some Dark Side of the Moon in the background while you watch.

I need your sweet love, Rosetta Stone girl!
post #457 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr25 View Post

...Well, heck, it could have some sort of tiny and efficient respiration unit that pulls oxygen from the air. It wouldn't have to be the same size and location as a human's lungs.

(BTW, Great explanation Spyder. That was pretty much the way I had followed it, although I wouldn't have been able to describe it so succinctly. I've got to give the writers credit for giving it a pseudo-plausible scientific basis. Most network scifi shows would've totally hand-waved that one away. I get the feeling the writers really are geeks, in a good way.)

OK, stupid me, I finally figured it out, given your comment. The Terminator employs the use of an anaerobic cellular regeneration device that works in conjunction with the mitochondrial DNA found in humans, therefore negating the need for a true respiratory system and red blood cells altogether. Given that assumption, one must conclude that the device covers the entire exoskeletal structure of the Terminator, including the optics, which, now that I think about it, is also a likely premise for the plastic surgery for next week, given the fact that we were specifically told the scientist's eyes were taken. If so, it will be interesting to see how the surgeon reattaches the ganglia to the Terminator without obstructing its sight.
post #458 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

He had homo-erotic robot fantasies ... he thought he was going to get lucky If you ask me he picked the wrong robot
post #459 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewitte View Post

He had homo-erotic robot fantasies ... he thought he was going to get lucky If you ask me he picked the wrong robot

I heard that he liked it rough.
post #460 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 67
After seeing the look they gave each other, I half expected the Terminator to break out his best Barry White voice.

... and I'm only half-joking, if they seriously weren't showing the scientist arroused by the Terminator, why the hell did he close the door behind him in a house only occupied by the two of them. What were they trying to infer?
post #461 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

OK, stupid me, I finally figured it out, given your comment. The Terminator employs the use of an anaerobic cellular regeneration device that works in conjunction with the mitochondrial DNA found in humans, therefore negating the need for a true respiratory system and red blood cells altogether. Given that assumption, one must conclude that the device covers the entire exoskeletal structure of the Terminator, including the optics, which, now that I think about it, is also a likely premise for the plastic surgery for next week, given the fact that we were specifically told the scientist's eyes were taken...

Yes, now you've figured it out. Spyder +1 FTW!!!!

What is all this plastic surgery everyone is talking about? Was that in a commercial or did I miss the end of the episode?
post #462 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

After seeing the look they gave each other, I half expected the Terminator to break out his best Barry White voice.

... and I'm only half-joking, if they seriously weren't showing the scientist arroused by the Terminator, why the hell did he close the door behind him in a house only occupied by the two of them. What were they trying to infer?

Did anyone notice if the T-man was anatomically correct?
post #463 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:

Yes, now you've figured it out. Spyder +1 FTW!!!!

What is all this plastic surgery everyone is talking about? Was that in a commercial or did I miss the end of the episode?

It was in the previews for next week.
post #464 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The old terminator was played by Owain Yeoman and has been transformed (in the tub) to the new terminator played by Garret Dillahunt who blends in with the FBI.
post #465 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmichael2 View Post

Of course he wouldn't be anatomically correct in his given state. The Terminator is an exoskeleton covered in living tissue. A penis wouldn't be a part of the exoskeletal structure, but part of the living tissue that would have been added in the pluripotent cellular regeneration in the tub.
post #466 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
ENDOskeleton, people! This guy isn't a giant ant!

I need your sweet love, Rosetta Stone girl!
post #467 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 04:39 PM

All this talk of SCC facing cancellation with the rating decline is disappointing

This show is really great and it has so much potential. I really hope FOX will not drop it .
It brings in better numbers/demos than Prison Break and one of the few show to do better than its lead it .
post #468 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I've got to give the writers credit for giving it a pseudo-plausible scientific basis. Most network scifi shows would've totally hand-waved that one away. I get the feeling the writers really are geeks, in a good way.

Yeah, but when the guy said his super computer in the closet had parts from both XBOXs and PlayStations I bet the heads of thousands of fanboys exploded.
post #469 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky View Post

ENDOskeleton, people! This guy isn't a giant ant!

Well, his EXOskeleton does protect his inner workings when he doesn't have skin, so...

It just depends upon how you look at it atnd what state they're in at the time.
post #470 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post

Yeah, but when the guy said his super computer in the closet had parts from both XBOXs and PlayStations I bet the heads of thousands of fanboys exploded.

Hilarious. Sarah never burned down the house, the computer just got the red ring of death!

She sends him this card in the next episode though:

post #471 of 4319 Old 01-22-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmichael2 View Post

I'm a little more interested in finding out if John Connor's new robot toy is anatomically correct...
post #472 of 4319 Old 01-23-2008, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Cameron's getting-to-know-you scenes are great but I'm having a hard time reconciling her current naivete with the personality she used to approach John in the first episode. She wasn't awkward there at all.

Another problem I have with the show is vast difference between the show's Sarah-Connor personality and the movie's version of her. These women aren't even on the same planet personality-wise...the show's version is much too namby-pamby and would get her azz kicked by the movie's version in no time flat.

The same goes for John Connor himself but not to the same extent.
post #473 of 4319 Old 01-23-2008, 06:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq View Post

Cameron's getting-to-know-you scenes are great but I'm having a hard time reconciling her current naivete with the personality she used to approach John in the first episode. She wasn't awkward there at all.

Another problem I have with the show is vast difference between the show's Sarah-Connor personality and the movie's version of her. These women aren't even on the same planet personality-wise...the show's version is much too namby-pamby and would get her azz kicked by the movie's version in no time flat.

I agree with all of this, especially that Cameron's current geeky naiveté is hard to square with the confident, convincing persona as a high school girl she used with John in Episode 1.

I also agree that our current Sarah is not quite the buff, kick-ass mean, tough girl she was in the Terminator movies but I like her, nonetheless. She is resourceful and resilient and, best of all, has become really good at self preservation.
post #474 of 4319 Old 01-23-2008, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

Another problem I have with the show is vast difference between the shows Sarah-Connor personality and the movie's version of her. These women aren't even on the same planet personality-wise...the show's version is much too namby-pamby and would get her azz kicked by the movie's version in no time flat.

I agree with you 100% on the first observation. She was well acclimated when she first tricked John. I don't think that they should play up the "data" role too much. But more underwear scenes are still ok.

I've gonna give the Sara Connor personality a pass. Hopefully she will develop into someone interesting.

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
post #475 of 4319 Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post

I thought that was funny too. There was some article around a month ago about how you could hook up 3 PS3's to simulate the human brain.
I also liked the reference to when IBM beat the Russian chess master a few years ago. I was working at the building that took place in. Even bought much of the equipment used to do it.
post #476 of 4319 Old 01-23-2008, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT View Post

I agree with you 100% on the first observation. She was well acclimated when she first tricked John. I don't think that they should play up the "data" role too much. But more underwear scenes are still ok.

I've gonna give the Sara Connor personality a pass. Hopefully she will develop into someone interesting.

Agreed. But it's TV. I'll give them a pass on that one. More "fake" skin is a good thing.

Sara needs to work out more and become a badass. She's a little too "Mommy" for me.
post #477 of 4319 Old 01-23-2008, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree with all of this, especially that Cameron's current geeky naiveté is hard to square with the confident, convincing persona as a high school girl she used with John in Episode 1.

I also agree that our current Sarah is not quite the buff, kick-ass mean, tough girl she was in the Terminator movies but I like her, nonetheless. She is resourceful and resilient and, best of all, has become really good at self preservation.

Yeah lena's sarah connor is more outgoing as a mom but even linda hamilton's sarah was only miltary tough in the second movie(and even then it was all a front. Her true self was displayed in the cut dream sequence with kyle). This sarah has now been with her son for a long time and has had to deal with jumping forward in time 8 years plus finding out she died 3 years before where she was now. Yes the charectar is a bit different but so is the context.
post #478 of 4319 Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Love this show. I really enjoy the talk of the future and what starts it (was it this kids "super" computer or not, we may never really know). I also really enjoy the scenes with Summer in school, they are hilarous. I love how she plays the terminator role.

post #479 of 4319 Old 01-23-2008, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:

I think it was supposed to be "ominous," but I agree, it completely did not work and sent the wrong vibe. They should have had the robot grab him by the throat and slam the door shut.

David Forbes

Read excerpts, see cover art and more from my novels at www.davidforbes.net.

My theater
post #480 of 4319 Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is a post-hoc rationalization, but maybe she was given specific instructions for her initial interaction with John. Hard-coding anything beyond that would've been too difficult since a broader range of circumstances were possible, but if future-John (or whoever) sent her back knowing they'd meet in school, it is conceivable they could've scripted it out. (Especially since future John would remember exactly how the conversation went?? Ouch, time travel brain buster.)

I just watched Munich a few days ago and it made me think that an interesting plot twist could be that Cameron was really sent by the machines, and the Cyberdyne employees that they are neutralizing are really future resistance fighters. The other Terminator is trying to prevent John and Sarah from succeeding at this. (I really doubt this is the case, it is just a wacky thought I had.)
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page