'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' on FOX! - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 4319 Old 02-04-2008, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevername View Post

so, they probably explained this somewhere, but you never know with this show.

Cameron says the bunker they're in is where she is made. Then they take all the building materials out and lock the bunker. So how does Cameron get made now?

Do we just assume they still built a factory there and brought more material to that area? I figured they were intimating the factory was built there because the stockpile of material was handy right there...if the material's not there does the factory get built?

I think its best not to think about the logistics...this show isn't Journeyman and its not going to be even remotely accurate in terms of time-continuity

As far as the episode went, I enjoyed it. Glad to see Jordon Caulier is getting some work...and Brian Austin Green for that matter. Though HOPEFULLY, he's not a Terminator...I can't imagine a Abercrombie and Fitch wearing Terminator...

That bunker didn't seem all too secure either...It looked like it had windows...and aren't bunkers typically underground with concrete all around? Finally, why would the Terminator need any light if he was going into sleep mode

Ok, you could pick the show full of holes if you wanted...

Josh
PSN: lax01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 4319 Old 02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I'm guessing it's a time-paradox thing: none of the other machines that were built there will ever exist, but since Cameron is in the past when that timeline was erased, she avoids oblivion.

And of course, this makes it easier for the writers so they don't have to worry about temporal mechanics and causality.

I also noticed the windows: I guess they couldn't film in a real bomb shelter. You definitely need to turn your brain off on this and all other sci-fi programs, otherwise the show would be bogged down in details resulting in a dreadfully boring show.
post #633 of 4319 Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsArcade View Post

temporal mechanics and causality.

"Oh thats not hard..."

Wasn't that John's response?

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #634 of 4319 Old 02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

I think its best not to think about the logistics...this show isn't Journeyman and its not going to be even remotely accurate in terms of time-continuity

As far as the episode went, I enjoyed it. Glad to see Jordon Caulier is getting some work...and Brian Austin Green for that matter. Though HOPEFULLY, he's not a Terminator...I can't imagine a Abercrombie and Fitch wearing Terminator...

That bunker didn't seem all too secure either...It looked like it had windows...and aren't bunkers typically underground with concrete all around? Finally, why would the Terminator need any light if he was going into sleep mode

huh? jordan caulier? you mean COLLIER, from The 4400?

If so, that's not him. The guy on Terminator is not Bill Campbell. Instead, he's the guy that played Matthew Ross on The 4400.
post #635 of 4319 Old 02-04-2008, 09:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 984
I thought this episode was a bit bland, but I guess they have to space out the slam bam action episodes. Better than some crap on TV, though.

I think they're going with the Cameron is in the past, so she's untouched by time paradox ripples.

Now, are they going to use the last scene to show Cameron can't be trusted completely, that she has another mission besides protecting John, that she's very curious and intrigued because this is the metal compound that is one of her basic building blocks and takes a bar to inspect it (that does go to Sarah's narration about the Jewish gollum), or that she'll need it to repair herself somehow in a later episode?

The shot at the end shows that John is not unaffected by what he experienced. He hasn't become battle hardened yet, of course. At least they are in some respect using the suicide girl to drive a wedge between Cameron and John for at least a little while. Perhaps they'll take it further.

As for Cameron being young and hot that does create sexual tension (a ratings booster too) for a hormonal teenage boy. We still don't know if Summer Glau's hints about Cameron's self aware progression throughout the show will necessarily take the writers into the realm of John and Cameron falling in love or not, or at least becoming deep friends.

Future John would surely know how Past John would react to Cameron's presence, and what these new cyborgs are capable of becoming. Cameron says she's special and different in some way from previous attempts. John stated that machines would start to build other machines better than themselves. The student becomes the master, or the child overshadows the parent.

It would be interesting to see if this bond make Sarah and John actually protective of Cameron as part of a "family unit," not just let her always sacrifice herself needlessly. Perhaps save her butt a few times.

I would find it very poignant if Sarah (towards the end of the show's run) does a role reversal from T2 and sacrifices herself for Cameron. That would be interesting: a human caring about a cyborg to that extent like Arnold destroyed himself (or at least allowed them to do it and knew it was the right thing to do) for Sarah and John's potential future.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #636 of 4319 Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 72
This is the way I saw the last scene in the bunker: They ran over the unknown T-888 with the truck, and he disappeared. Did Cameron verify that the T-888 was still in the bunker before she took the key and locked it? I kept thinking that he snuck into the truck or underneath it, but unless he jumped ship later he is now at the bottom of that body of water. Just a question, as I'm sure he's probably still in the bunker.

Second, I'm becoming more interested in the FBI's progression in this show. Agent Ellison is the best character on the show right now. I want to see how he picks up clues, and whether or not he starts to believe Sarah's "crazy" story about robots from the future.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #637 of 4319 Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 PM

They explained how changing the past effects time travelers in Back To The Future 2! Remember with the chalkboard? heh...
post #638 of 4319 Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 273
On a somewhat topical note... the server problem here from yesterday seems to have resulted in the forum going back in time!

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #639 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 12:03 AM

I don't spend lots of time trying to find logic in every scene... I just like watching sweaty babes in distress.
post #640 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 06:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 1044
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

On a somewhat topical note... the server problem here from yesterday seems to have resulted in the forum going back in time!

And all the dumb posts got burned away?
post #641 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
He's got Metal Fever man!!

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
post #642 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If this show was as good as Journeyman, no one would be watching and they would already be talking about canceling it.
post #643 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Now, are they going to use the last scene to show Cameron can't be trusted completely, that she has another mission besides protecting John, that she's very curious and intrigued because this is the metal compound that is one of her basic building blocks and takes a bar to inspect it (that does go to Sarah's narration about the Jewish gollum), or that she'll need it to repair herself somehow in a later episode?

The shot at the end shows that John is not unaffected by what he experienced.

I was wondering if the two scenes were more directly connected, i.e. foreshadowing that John has some nerve damage or disease, and will eventually need a prosthetic hand/arm which Cameron will make.
post #644 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 03:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

I was wondering if the two scenes were more directly connected, i.e. foreshadowing that John has some nerve damage or disease, and will eventually need a prosthetic hand/arm which Cameron will make.

I think it was just nerves. He's acting all tough as if nothing happened, and going right back to his homework. But he saw people die and almost had a face to face with a killer Terminator and had no weapon to defend himself.

I'm more interested with what Cameron has up her sleeve. In a nod to the fans of Firefly... they should have a scene with them watching it on DVD. Or have a much bigger nerd moment and have them watching the news and Governor Schwarzenegger comes on... then they all do a double take.

I would find it extremely awesome if they could get James Cameron to guest write at least ONE episode of this show. It might set the tone for the rest of the run.

Dan

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #645 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Moorehead View Post

I don't spend lots of time trying to find logic in every scene... I just like watching sweaty babes in distress.

Given your username, I'm not surprised!
post #646 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

All I hope is that this show gets a second season.
As a Terminator fan, so far I love it.

A Home Theater Enthusiast!
post #647 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 11:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 799
Quote:

I think that bunker was built on the cheap. They couldn't even afford the paint to make a correct nuclear hazard symbol.

post #648 of 4319 Old 02-06-2008, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
John getting in the hummer:"I call shotgun."
Cameron:"I call 9mm."
Did I doze off and dream this scene? I just watched the show again and couldn't find it.
post #649 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 12:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawilson View Post

John getting in the hummer:"I call shotgun."
Cameron:"I call 9mm."
Did I doze off and dream this scene? I just watched the show again and couldn't find it.

The fact that it's in the preview for next week again says to me that there are not that many memorable moments coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in next week's episode either.

post #650 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yeah, that scene, and the one with Cameron punching through a windshield of a moving vehicle and throwing out the driver has been in the promos since the beginning, but has not been in the show yet.

Rocky
post #651 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
I want to see a Laurie Dhue terminator! That would be teh hotness.

Marco Robbi is THE most exquisite human creature on the face of the planet, in this moment in time.
post #652 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

The fact that it's in the preview for next week again says to me that there are not that many memorable moments coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in next week's episode either.

I thought it was only in the previews once, the preview for next week. That was the first time I'd heard the line.

post #653 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post

Yeah, that scene, and the one with Cameron punching through a windshield of a moving vehicle and throwing out the driver has been in the promos since the beginning, but has not been in the show yet.

Yes it has, I've seen it several times:
LL
post #654 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 87
It was in the promos during the Super Bowl also. I don't blame them though - great line and it's a huge audience they had access to.
post #655 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I think that bunker was built on the cheap. They couldn't even afford the paint to make a correct nuclear hazard symbol.

I just re-watched the episode. The bunker did not have windows, only the enclosed area outside of the blast doors had them. When the blast doors close the first time, the room goes completely dark and then emergency lights kick on. The premise is that the bunker is tough enough to prevent the terminator from escaping without the key.
post #656 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Yes it has, I've seen it several times:

...Right, in the previews. It hasn't occured in the show, yet, however.

I was referring to the line about taking 9mm over shotgun.

post #657 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 11:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

I thought it was only in the previews once, the preview for next week. That was the first time I'd heard the line.

I've seen that over and over. They've not only used that "9mm" scene at the end of episodes but they've been running it during the past couple of weeks during promos too.

post #658 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

I just re-watched the episode. The bunker did not have windows, only the enclosed area outside of the blast doors had them. When the blast doors close the first time, the room goes completely dark and then emergency lights kick on. The premise is that the bunker is tough enough to prevent the terminator from escaping without the key.

Wouldn't he be able to rip the lock apart and "hot wire" the controls? Aren't bunkers designed to keep things out instead of in?
post #659 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis View Post

If this show was as good as Journeyman, no one would be watching and they would already be talking about canceling it.

Sad but true!
NBC is the lowest rated network for good reason

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
post #660 of 4319 Old 02-07-2008, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakashizuma View Post

All I hope is that this show gets a second season.
As a Terminator fan, so far I love it.

That reminds me of a thought I had. Typical Fox modus operandi- if we see the show moved to Friday 9:00, that will pretty much be the kiss of death. Maybe it will finish out the season in that time slot, if it is lucky.

Marco Robbi is THE most exquisite human creature on the face of the planet, in this moment in time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page