'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' on FOX! - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 05:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So, now we know where the piano music came from last week.

Does this mean that 'Future Cameron' was 'Present Cameron' first, since it seems she learned of the music in the present?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Decent episode. Loved the Sister/brother sub-plot, FBI getting stabbed then saved by Sarah, and Dr Silberman re-count and conversion to Sarah's way of thinking.

Can't believe next week is the last one. How many episodes did we see since it started in mid Jan?
post #903 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Decent episode. Loved the Sister/brother sub-plot, FBI getting stabbed then saved by Sarah, and Dr Silberman re-count and conversion to Sarah's way of thinking.

Can't believe next week is the last one. How many episodes did we see since it started in mid Jan?

Eight total I believe including the 2 hr premiere and 2 hr finale.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #904 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
So that definitely was the music playing in the future when they where handcuffed to the floor? So was that the Cameron from the past that had stayed alive until Skynet took over? If so, what was she doing? Man, I LOVE this show.

post #905 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
This was a very good episode and all characters are getting more and more believable. I particularly liked John and Cameron, but Sarah and Reese had some of their best moments too.

Cameron is really a beautiful dancer and her figure just seems to blossom while doing so.
post #906 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Here's some more crazy speculation:

Yes, that is Cameron in the future "flashback" that Reese had, and even weirder, the slapped-together, Frankenstein-like Terminator that was manhandling him and the other good guys was the one that she is currently in process of putting together.
post #907 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I liked how some people complained that the Turk couldn't even win the chess game and couldn't see that move coming so it couldn't of been to smart and tonight they explain that the Russian changed the program so it would loose. Nice wrap up on a plot point.

post #908 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 05:58 AM

Liked: 10
I was pretty appalled with the pretentiousness and intolerance of the Sarah voiceover, about needing a soul to create "beautiful" art, near the end of the episode. It reminded me very much of the Buffy mantra "Soul = Good - No-Soul = Bad".

But then Cameron passed the TURING test by performing that beautiful piece of ballet.

I wondered if the irony was intended?
post #909 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
This show has far more substance than I ever thought it would. How many action shows would feature a Bible study scene with one of the primary regulars quoting scripture sincerely?

Summer is a lovely ballerina. Joss Whedon did use her talents to a limited extent in the ultimate "Firefly" episode, "Objects in Space."

I enjoyed the Silberman storyline, and it looked like Pescadero was the same set as in T2! But I was slightly thrown by the radically different look of Sarah and Silberman (not to be confused with Sarah Silverman, who's "____ing Matt Damon!") from T2 and SCC. Sarah from blonde to brunette; Silberman from bald to mop-topped. Oh, well.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #910 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

This show has far more substance than I ever thought it would. How many action shows would feature a Bible study scene with one of the primary regulars quoting scripture sincerely?

Summer is a lovely ballerina. Joss Whedon did use her talents to a limited extent in the ultimate "Firefly" episode, "Objects in Space."

I enjoyed the Silberman storyline, and it looked like Pescadero was the same set as in T2! But I was slightly thrown by the radically different look of Sarah and Silberman (not to be confused with Sarah Silverman, who's "____ing Matt Damon!") from T2 and SCC.

I thought Sarah Silverman was married to Jimmy Kimmel?
post #911 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

On Silberman, that guy has played so many creepy authority figures (doctors/psychs/politicians) that I was perfectly fine with him in that role. In fact, I couldn't remember what the movie version looked like and actually wondered if he was the same guy. I guess not...
post #912 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

What a great episode last night. This show is really starting to get on a roll. Too bad the season ends next week. Come on Fox. Give us another season.

So, Cameron must have been in the basement in the future. Although, whatever she and her Frankenstein were doing (or will be doing) may have been for the humans own good, they made it look like they were evil for some undisclosed reason(s). Maybe she needs Reese to be untrusting of her and other toasters. "She knows him too." And he sure looked shocked when he saw her dancing at the end.
I couldn't believe she walked out on the dance instructor to let her die. It seemed like she wanted to protect her at the dance club but then abandoned her without a trace of remorse. It was chilling. Sure, helping her at the dance club may have just been a way to get what she needed (the Turk), and they may have needed to die, but John wouldn't have approved.
post #913 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmichael2 View Post

I couldn't believe she walked out on the dance instructor to let her die. It seemed like she wanted to protect her at the dance club but then abandoned her without a trace of remorse. It was chilling. Sure, helping her at the dance club may have just been a way to get what she needed (the Turk), and they may have needed to die, but John wouldn't have approved.

I think that scene was to remind us that she's not the cute/cuddly "pinochio" that we were beginning to think she was...at least not yet anyway.
post #914 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq View Post

I think that scene was to remind us that she's not the cute/cuddly "pinochio" that we were beginning to think she was...at least not yet anyway.

Mission accomplished. She broke my heart.
post #915 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

Don't forget that Joss first hired Summer to play a ballerina in an episode of Angel (which eventually led to her casting in Firefly).
Quote:

Cameron is really a beautiful dancer and her figure just seems to blossom while doing so.

Huh? If you're just trying to say that girl looked fine in her Danskins, then I agree (sorry, "blossom" is just a really funny word to use ).
post #916 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Fox better pick up this show, I like very much Great episode..

Djoel

I haven't heard if this show has been picked up for a second season yet, but the last two episodes did come up in the ratings and made a respectable showing.

post #917 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 07:34 AM

If the other terminator in the future was created by her now, in the present, it may be that their mission became to insure that the Reese's make it to the past.
post #918 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:

Yeah I couldn't believe that when I first heard that, she so cute,sexy. He's fat and unfunny..Just my two cents

Djoel
post #919 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

Jimmy and Sarah are just dating. but Jimmy Kimmel is "____ing Ben Affleck"!

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #920 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:

On Silberman, that guy has played so many creepy authority figures (doctors/psychs/politicians) that I was perfectly fine with him in that role. In fact, I couldn't remember what the movie version looked like and actually wondered if he was the same guy. I guess not...

Yeah in T2 the Doc, is sort of fumbling character type with glasses nerd cliche'.

I remember his face very clearly, just can't remember his name or what else he's been in.
I imdb him last night, but gave up pretty quick, don't care too much about the actor.

DJoel
post #921 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuba View Post

Huh? If you're just trying to say that girl looked fine in her Danskins, then I agree (sorry, "blossom" is just a really funny word to use ).

No, I really do mean "blossom." Normally, she is a pretty girl and very attractive of course, but she just looks very small and petite. But while she was dancing her figure "blossomed" meaning that her legs and rear all looked much fuller and more curvy.
post #922 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No, I really do mean "blossom." Normally, she is a pretty girl and very attractive of course, but she just looks very small and petite. But while she was dancing her figure "blossomed" meaning that her legs and rear all looked much fuller and more curvy.

Less like an underdeveloped 16 year old and more like a sexy woman?
post #923 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 123
Quote:

Here's some more crazy speculation:

Yes, that is Cameron in the future "flashback" that Reese had, and even weirder, the slapped-together, Frankenstein-like Terminator that was manhandling him and the other good guys was the one that she is currently in process of putting together.

That's pretty much what I said over 100 posts back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

It's pretty obvious to me that the fallen and disjointed jet turbine is being used in some way on one of the time machines, either by the Terminator forces or by John in the secret lab.

What isn't apparent is the relevance of the music in the basement.

HOWEVER...I will venture a guess.

Cameron has tucked herself away in the basement (Anyone else notice the similarities in the surroundings of the house they're currently in and the hostage facility? ) and is repairing herself (or healing John or maybe, just maybe, even Kyle, or both, or all of the above) via whatever she's taking from the hostages, be it blood, etc.

She has reprogrammed the minons around her with the spare parts she's collected over time. (Notice that the Terminators aren't killing anyone and know just how much force to use to knock humans out without causing any damage, hinting to a bit of Cameron's learned value of human life?) She's playing the piano either as an example of her achieving/attempting humanity or even to soothe the injured Connor/Reese/self.

This would explain why "Reeses went to Piecies" when her later sees her in our present and when he sees her in the underground facility. She's taken something from him, but he was not privy to the details of why she did it. He seems genuinely shocked when she saves him in our future timeline, yet leery of her intentions in our present.

It's possible that Cameron has hacked into the mainframe of Skynet and uses the planes as a means of tracking the Terminator movement. Or, the planes do not attempt attacks upon our hostages becuse Terminators are present, therefore the humans aren't seen as a threat, also being all tied up.

The fact that our hostages are overtly released hints to me that Cameron has gotten what she needed for her self-repairs or healing of her human cohorts and values the lives of John's future team. If she is indeed inside the house with them, it explains how she immediately recognized the Resistance fighters in our present at the safehouse a few episodes back.

To me, all roads lead to Cameron in the basement.

I was wrong in saying that Cameron was playing the piano, but the attempt at humanity was spot on with the ballet. No doubt that this is an indirect attempt at pleasing John, who scolds her cold, calculating demeanor at every opportunity.

I no longer think that she was taking blood, but do imagine that it was T-80085 that branded the "Resistance Fighters" with the special tattoos, as she immediately recognized them. (Both the tats and the fighters.)

It's possible that future John was unwilling to send his best men into the past for whatever reasons, and that Cameron took it upon herself to capture and "enlist" them herself, as her primary mission is to protect John at all costs. She knows they are more valuable in the past than the future. It's also possible that Cameron planted a chip or something into Reese, as he was most certainly the one that killed our Turk inventor, yet clearly denied it with much conviction. He seemed in a panic immediately after the shooting, yet had a stone-cold look on his face during the act.

It is also possible that Reese simply doesn't trust Cameron because she's TOO human, thus destroying his perception of the machines.

With smart dialogue, creative writing, good acting, and an overall tone that evokes some of the most spirited and speculative watercooler talk we've seen in years...The Sarah Connor Chronicles deserves a 5-season extension!
post #924 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's an inside joke of sorts.

At the end of every show, Kimmel announces that they are out of time, so Matt Damon can't come on. It's been a running joke. So Silverman and Damon did a joke video where they sing about f***ing each other behind his back (it's funnier on youtube).

Kimmel fired back this Sunday with his "I'm f***ing Ben Affleck" video...they are both quite funny.

You can find them on youtube or abc.com

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #925 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDax View Post

This show is awful. I'll be glad when it goes off the air next month.

2hour season finally and hopefully show finally next week. Thank the Gods.

Oh good more room for another crappy reality show about some B list celeb...
post #926 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmichael2 View Post

Less like an underdeveloped 16 year old and more like a sexy woman?

Yes, that's what I mean exactly.

I normally find her very pretty on the show (much moreso than I did on Firefly) but she looked more womanly during the ballet scene.
post #927 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

It's an inside joke of sorts.

I figured as much but thanks for the explanation!
post #928 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

I'll add my vote to hoping Fox picks up this show. But if they don't because they are stupid like that I would hope that The Sci-Fi Channel would be smart enough to buy the rights and hire the team from SCC and run it on there network. BSG is ending soon and I think this show would be perfectly suited with the more relaxed regulations. Besides SCI-FI is full of lame shows (Flash Gordon anyone?) so SCC would be money well spent.

Xbox Live- DragonsLee

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
post #929 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin View Post

If you are going to nitpick on things like this, at least be accurate.

He WAS Dr. Silberman tonight. The tape clearly stated "Dr. Silberman" on it, and he was referred to as Dr. Silberman. I was even able to double check this since I had it on my DVR.

FOX written press referred to him as "silverman"...

ok.. at least the show got it right... stupid FOX confusing me....
post #930 of 4319 Old 02-26-2008, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Damn! It slipped my mind to tune in to the show, yesterday!

I need your sweet love, Rosetta Stone girl!
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page