post #91 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevername View Post

hmm, so c ock won't make it through the filter. Glad there isn't much University of South Carolina discussion here.

Huh? I have no idea what you are talking about - "c ock"?

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by URFloorMatt View Post

Regarding the timeline distortion, I think the solution is simple. Sarah and John's trip to 2007-2008 will ultimately be a failure. In returning to 1999, they will screw something up, accelerating the launch of Skynet (from 2011 as stated in the TV series back to 2003 as shown in T3) and re-establishing the T3/T4 timeline. The events that conclude the series can even dovetail nicely into foreshadowing Sarah's death prior to T3.

Timeline's are a pain-in-the-butt to deal with. The paradoxes that viewers will find can make your head spin. While I'll grumble about the holes that I see, one has to go with the flow, otherwise the show just wouldn't exist.

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #93 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 08:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post

PVR/DVR/VCR alert! Series premiere goes over the allotted time by 2 minutes. Ends at 9:02 pm on the east coast!

I never even noticed. I got lucky in that I programmed the computer to record until 10 after the hour. Only because of the game beforehand did I have to computer record long, even though I knew it was going to start on time. Not sure why I decided to end 10 after. Something told me to do it. Good thing.

The edited episode is 46:29 in length. There were only four breaks during the show, instead of the normal five.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #94 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 08:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I liked it.

I loved the episode. I'm ready for tomorrow's shorter episode.

Quote:

Did you guys notice the strategically placed shadow/wound/bruise in the lower left of the frame when the good terminator was removing the bullet with the needlenose pliers? Very nice.

Huh? There was nothing to strategically hide. Her boobs were well out of frame, and specifically her nipples weren't anywhere near being in frame. You can show pretty much all of a boob, just doen't show the nipple. What a screwed up country we live in.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #95 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 08:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post

Actually, that question was answered in the first movie, they wrap them in skin and blood.

Then send back what you need to send back wrapped in skin in blood. Whatever it is doesn't have to live long.

It is still a loophole no matter how you think of it.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #96 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

Here's a machine with the strength of 10 men and he PULLS OUT A GUN FROM 30 FEET AWAY to shoot John? LOL All he had to do was "act like a teacher" for a minute and walk down the aisle, grab John by the neck, twist and be done with it. But, NOOO, he pulls out a gun and shoots at him. And if that's not bad enough, this machine with sophisticated aiming software, misses him about 50 times.

We can all find loophole like that. If the machine were to have done what you suggested, the series would never have made it to the screen. You have to have loopholes in order for the show to exist. I've seen it in other TV shows as well as movie.

The "if only..." thing would kill a TV show or movie instantly.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #97 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

I never even noticed. I got lucky in that I programmed the computer to record until 10 after the hour. Only because of the game beforehand did I have to computer record long, even though I knew it was going to start on time. Not sure why I decided to end 10 after. Something told me to do it. Good thing.

The edited episode is 46:29 in length. There were only four breaks during the show, instead of the normal five.

Amazingly, I got the exact same time on my edited copy, I just noticed it, I'm encodiing it to an x264 matroska right now and saw that it was 46:29 in length, you got the previews didn't you? Me too.
post #98 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 09:28 PM
RTK
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
T:TSCC seriously challenged Blade The series for ...

Rick
post #99 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 09:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Amazingly, I got the exact same time on my edited copy, I just noticed it, I'm encodiing it to an x264 matroska right now and saw that it was 46:29 in length, you got the previews didn't you? Me too.

If by previews you mean the trailer wedged into the redone closing credits, yes. Many people throw the closing credits away as being useless. Being the purist that I am, I do not throw away closing credits.

I do DivX/AVI encodes, as I have no clue on getting x264 Matroska to work. Please send me e-mail so that we can talk.

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #100 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 09:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post

T:TSCC seriously challenged Blade The series for ...

OK, is this meant to be a Sopranos joke, because I don't get it?

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #101 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

If by previews you mean the trailer wedged into the redone closing credits, yes. Many people throw the closing credits away as being useless. Being the purist that I am, I do not throw away closing credits.

I do DivX/AVI encodes, as I have no clue on getting x264 Matroska to work. Please send me e-mail so that we can talk.

I'm no expert on it, I just use megui, here are some online guides that helped me get started:

http://gillam.chris.googlepages.com/
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic333634.html
http://www.nwgat.net/

and of course, as always, doom9.org
post #102 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
fun show, but how long can they keep it going?

The effects and budget isn't going to be there every week. The obvious goal here is to destroy Skynet -- no alternate stories. When the action slows down, will the viewers keep watching? I doubt it...and knowing fox's quick trigger, this will be gone after the 13episode run.

The only reason it'll run 13 is because there's nothing else to put on the air right now.
post #103 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Perhaps I'm an idiot - I liked it.
post #104 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

and of course, as always, doom9.org

Thanks. Been to doom9 before

Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #105 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

Judgement Day #1 (in T2) was in 1997

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/synopsis

Read

That synopsis is wrong. T2 takes place in 1995, 2 years before the original Judgement Day which was indeed supposed to be in 1997 as you say (but was postponed due to the events of T2). John Connor is 10 years old in Terminator 2, and was born in 1985, 9 months after the events of Terminator.

It doesn't really matter, because all 3 movies, this show, and any other incarnations all introduced continuity errors. Trying to make sense of it doesn't work, because too many things directly contradict other things. For example, even though John is supposed to be 10 in Terminator 2, in Terminator 3 he gives his age as being thirteen during those events, which lines up with the 1997 date of Judgement day. But then, he later tells the Terminator that he thought they stopped Cyberdine "over ten years ago", which lines up with 1994 or earlier, not 1995.

On top of all that, T2 was released in 1991 and its events are supposed to take place in 1995. The original Terminator was supposed to be released in 1983, but filming was delayed a year and instead was released in 1984, as told by Cameron in the DVD commentary. A cop tells Reese at the beginning of that film that the date is Thursday May 12, 1984, when May 12 wasn't a Thursday in 1984 (May 12 was a Thursday in 1983, when the script was written).

I could go on, but the point is that its useless to argue over the timeline in the Terminator franchise.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #106 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Nothing here grabbed me. It felt very much like "The Bionic Woman" pilot to me and that is not a good thing. I guess you have to be a true fan of the movies to have any clue as to what is going on. I saw the movies so long ago that I had only the barest recollection of that was going on, I got to believe I'm not the only one.

I'll give it another shot but I don't see it being a season pass for for too long.
post #107 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Probably depends on how you look at it, but this show could get old quickly or not.

The Hulk TV show had the same essential theme as did the original Fugitive show... guy on the run, someone chasing at his heels, does stuff to help people each week. Fugitive had a guy who was thought to have killed his wife... Hulk had a combo deal where Banner was supposed to be dead and Hulk suspected of killing Banner & his co-worker.

Terminator has good Terminator to help them each week, and have bad guy on their heels as well as FBI. So the basic plot-points have been done several times for multi-year seasons.

They have good actors/actresses in my opinion... so if they keep the F/X budget high AND keep the quality of stories high, then they can make a go of it. But realistically, when boiled down to the basic plot-points, it has to end eventually or it will inevitably become derivative of itself.

It can't truly grow out of its main premise because to do that would be to prevent the bad future which ends the reason for the show... so time will tell, but I liked watching tonight.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #108 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerx View Post

I wouldn't be suprised if jon and the female terminator hook-up in some way as I see it going that way already.

Their lovechild might show up at next year's CES.
post #109 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I wouldn't mind hooking up with her, she's hot. Although for a robot, she definitely struts her stuff. I liked when Sarah told her she better "holster those" before John got a good look at them.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #110 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I liked it. I bet the stuntman's union likes it too. But like others have said, I don't know how long they can keep from being too repetitious.

I guess this was set to premiere on 09/03/2007. That date lost some of its impact on 01/13/2008.
post #111 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds View Post

Well here's a question I've been wondering about. I thought the series should of continued because John touched the piece of Terminator (T1000) in T2 that hung on the rear window and he threw it off the car and was reabsorbed by the T1000. Arnold explained that copying can be done by touch. Shouldn't he have been copied?

Speculating here, but did that tiny piece actually have the ability to sample, or did it need to be attached to the rest of the T1000 to do that? Imagine that that piece could possibly turn into some fingers or toes, but nothing more because it didn't have the rest of the robot to finish the sample.

As for the show tonight, good but not great. A possible alternate story is the hookup speculated on by a previous poster. They did seem to try to put in some sort of special relationship between John and terminatrix because she confirmed to John that she was different, other than eating the chip.

post #112 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 11:07 PM
O2C
Advanced Member

Quote:

Huh? I have no idea what you are talking about - "c ock"?

As in that the classic terminator expression is to tilt their head to the side. Or the USC mascot, the Gamecocks, which has been shortened to "Cocks" on things like hats.

I found it amusing that Summer Glau went from portraying an emotionally challenged girl who turned out to be a killing machine in Firefly, to being introduced as a high school girl who is really a killing machine capable of robotic emotions in T:TSCC.
post #113 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2C View Post

As in that the classic terminator expression is to tilt their head to the side. Or the USC mascot, the Gamecocks, which has been shortened to "Cocks" on things like hats.

I found it amusing that Summer Glau went from portraying an emotionally challenged girl who turned out to be a killing machine in Firefly, to being introduced as a high school girl who is really a killing machine capable of robotic emotions in T:TSCC.

How about "sexy teenage terminators in trouble" for the name of the series...
post #114 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean-l View Post

I agree Sarah was miscast. Same as bionic women.
Too young, too thin, too vanilla pretty brunette, "two" poor actresses.

Is it a coincidence that they're both British?

Unfortunately, they both have to fill in for some great actresses that we all grew up with - Linda Hamilton, and Lindsay Wagner. That alone is going to go against them.
post #115 of 4319 Old 01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2C View Post

Throw, in between, her portraying a psychotic given mind control abilities by people of the future to help save the future (sounds Terminator-esque, doesn't it??) in The 4400 which was just recently (A few weeks ago) cancelled so it's her most recent TV work and you have the beginnings of a sci-fi queen of TV and film.
post #116 of 4319 Old 01-14-2008, 12:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I didn't think the episode was too bad. First off, it looked pretty good HD PQ wise, let's give it that.

I don't think the acting is that bad, but it's clear for the Connors they wanted to preserve the look more than find the best actors to play the role. Nevertheless, I don't have as much issue with the acting as some others here.

It does take some background knowledge to know what is going on, but then again, that's the point.

But you don't need to know everything. For example, you don't need to know that the kid goes by John Reese in the HS as a nod to Kyle Reese in the original Terminator. It's just a little nugget for fans.

And I hope nobody is getting upset at essentially crapping on T3. That's the rage right now, revisionism. Superman Returns. Batman Begins. Erase the crap films and move on.

This is the first step, and while T4 will blow anything we see in this series away, it should still be fun.
post #117 of 4319 Old 01-14-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:

It doesn't really matter, because all 3 movies, this show, and any other incarnations all introduced continuity errors. Trying to make sense of it doesn't work, because too many things directly contradict other things. For example, even though John is supposed to be 10 in Terminator 2, in Terminator 3 he gives his age as being thirteen during those events, which lines up with the 1997 date of Judgement day. But then, he later tells the Terminator that he thought they stopped Cyberdine "over ten years ago", which lines up with 1994 or earlier, not 1995.

I was just thinking...maybe (hopefully) the writers will try to help resolve some of these age continuity errors by introducing the ability to time travel. After all, you go back and forward through time a couple times, and who knows what age you really are...
post #118 of 4319 Old 01-14-2008, 12:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

Weren't you listening, you can't send back anything like that

Which begs the question of all the Terminator saga, if they can't send back weapons, how can they send back big metal robots

I still love the saga and can't wait for the next movie. I thought T3 was great

I can make the hookers and cash theory work...

First off, anything you send back has to be biological, right? So, the hookerbot is easy.

Second, even if you couldn't send cash back, you could always send the hookerbot back with stock tips to 1990 and just do a ton of accumulating and cash out any time between 1996 and spring 2000. Obviously, since it is a hookerbot, startup capital shouldn't be too hard to come by.

And once you have a hookerbot with serious cash out there, then you start sending wave after wave of well-financed hookerbots. You experiment and see where little Johnny's real weaknesses are, and then when you arrive at what will doubtlessly be a very Springer-esque solution. From there it's nothing but 400lb women swimming in a tub of chocolate and perhaps a midget or two for sport.

I'm just saying, SkyNet isn't very wiley.

Or, put another way, I'd approach John Connor the way the Cylons took out the 12 Colonies of Kobol.
post #119 of 4319 Old 01-14-2008, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
So how long before Fox cancels this one? Firefly, and shows with actors from Firefly haven't faired too well on this network so far.

post #120 of 4319 Old 01-14-2008, 04:51 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

Huh? There was nothing to strategically hide. Her boobs were well out of frame, and specifically her nipples weren't anywhere near being in frame. You can show pretty much all of a boob, just doen't show the nipple. What a screwed up country we live in.

I assume the whole front was fake, otherwise her breasts would be located at the bottom of her rib cage. It wasn't that they were hiding anything - it was the placement of a dark area where her nipple would have been. Made me do a double-take.

Then again, maybe I was seeing what I wanted to see.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page