NHL Center Ice in HD this season? .... YES. - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 279 Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
My local cable co gives me a channel called THD, I believe it means Team HD which is an InDemand channel. InDemand is the same company that provides the NHL Center Ice package to cable companies.

According to my rep, anytime there is a broadcast NHL game in in HD it will default to the THD channel. Now I know there are several games per day in HD so I am thinking it will be random as to which game or team is shown. I didn't have this channel last year so I don't know exactly how it will work.

I have INHD and last year the HD versus game would default to the INHD channel. As the end of the season came, basketball games in HD defaulted to that channel instead of hockey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 279 Old 09-20-2007, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for someone (D* or E*) to decide what's going to happen with Center Ice as it pertains to HD broadcasts! I'm interested in getting satellite for CI and I will go with whoever has more HD games. The season starts in less than 2 weeks and we're no closer to knowing what's going to happen.

D* is supposed to be launching RSN's on conus which in theory would provide a significant amount of HD games. I'm assuming that the HD broadcasts wouldn't be blacked out(As Fredfa also believes) since there isn't a superfan option with CI. I get conflicting info. from CSR's on this. Also, Comcast sportsnet Mid-Atlantic (The Capitals network) is supposed to be available in HD.

On the otherhand E* has reported via a recent Charlie Chat that MOST CI games will be available in HD as well as the NHL network. The problem is that negotiations haven't been finalized as of yet. Also, Comcast sportsnet Mid-Atlantic is not available in HD(Not sure if this will effect the claim of most games being in HD or not) on E*.

There seem to be pros and cons to both providers and I'm just trying to get definitive information before taking the plunge. You would think that something would be announced by now. Come on guys get the word out!
post #93 of 279 Old 09-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsfan View Post

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for someone (D* or E*) to decide what's going to happen with Center Ice as it pertains to HD broadcasts! I'm interested in getting satellite for CI and I will go with whoever has more HD games. The season starts in less than 2 weeks and we're no closer to knowing what's going to happen.

D* is supposed to be launching RSN's on conus which in theory would provide a significant amount of HD games. I'm assuming that the HD broadcasts wouldn't be blacked out(As Fredfa also believes) since there isn't a superfan option with CI. I get conflicting info. from CSR's on this. Also, Comcast sportsnet Mid-Atlantic (The Capitals network) is supposed to be available in HD.

On the otherhand E* has reported via a recent Charlie Chat that MOST CI games will be available in HD as well as the NHL network. The problem is that negotiations haven't been finalized as of yet. Also, Comcast sportsnet Mid-Atlantic is not available in HD(Not sure if this will effect the claim of most games being in HD or not) on E*.

There seem to be pros and cons to both providers and I'm just trying to get definitive information before taking the plunge. You would think that something would be announced by now. Come on guys get the word out!

I'm with you. I have cable, but subscribed to Dish Network last year for hockey season. I am really interested in finding out if either of them will carry TSN and CBC games in HD. If not, Expressvu is probably the way to go. 4 hd channels for center ice, + TSN HD, and they'll now have 2 hd games on CBC on Saturday nights.
post #94 of 279 Old 09-20-2007, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
This is getting ridiculous...9 days from opening night and still no announcement??? What are they waiting for?
post #95 of 279 Old 09-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post

This is getting ridiculous...9 days from opening night and still no announcement??? What are they waiting for?

couldn't agree more! i monitoring three boards dbstalk, satelliteguys in addition to this one. i've emailed the 'executive' at dish who responded last week - i've emailed two times since and nothing. i just tried live chat but they still say 'check back' - i even emailed CI via NHL.com - haven't heard a thing!

i'm planning a switching from directv to dish - IF they come thru with hd games, home/away feeds and NHL Network- now i'm wondering if i can get an install in time!

eddieras
post #96 of 279 Old 09-20-2007, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Not HD but.....

www.nhl.tv/team/console

This is NHL Center Ice - Internet version. Free until October 9th. I watched the Wild vs. Red Wings game on Tuesday night. Very good PQ.
post #97 of 279 Old 09-21-2007, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm hearing that TWC has told people this morning that they will be carrying CI this season, and that the package will be loaded in the system this afternoon. No word on HD or the NHL Network.
post #98 of 279 Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Now I'm hearing that TWC will not be offering CI this season. What a mess.
post #99 of 279 Old 09-21-2007, 12:23 PM

This is unbelievable.

At this point I'm not even worried about the HD. I just want to sign up for CI.
post #100 of 279 Old 09-21-2007, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, looks like it was a false alarm about TWC not carrying CI.

"Dear Mr. X;

Not sure where you are hearing that we won't be carrying it. We are in the process of finishing our contract and fully intend to carry Center Ice. Indeed, we are working with the NHL to find interesting ways to enhance the package for our customers. We have a good relationship with the NHL and are actively working with them. Please be patient.

Regards, Melinda Witmer"
post #101 of 279 Old 09-21-2007, 07:17 PM

They will NOT get HD games for the MSG family of channels [Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Sabres] and Comcast's Flyers. Anyone else who saying anything different is full of it.
post #102 of 279 Old 09-21-2007, 07:42 PM

Eh Dishnetwork, it's aboot time you give me some damn hockey in HD! Go Habs!
post #103 of 279 Old 09-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

anyone know if the rangers/ devils game was on dish last nite on msg?

i have directv (planning on going to dish once CI is announced) and they showed the first period - then blacked out the rest. they even blacked out the 2 airings of rangers in 60 that showed overnite.

eddieras
post #104 of 279 Old 09-22-2007, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
does anyone have a link to the schedule to center ice. I have directv for what its worth and they have last years schedule still listed
post #105 of 279 Old 09-23-2007, 07:25 AM

Called Comcast (I live in South Florida) and they told me to call back on the 1st of Oct. to inquire about CI.

damn them.
post #106 of 279 Old 09-23-2007, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

A bit of unsettling news from the DirecTV magazine with the new channel lineup. No HD channels listed under Center Ice: http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?i...achmentva3.jpg
post #107 of 279 Old 09-23-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmj713 View Post

A bit of unsettling news from the DirecTV magazine with the new channel lineup. No HD channels listed under Center Ice: http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?i...achmentva3.jpg

But next to MSG it does say HD?
post #108 of 279 Old 09-23-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmj713 View Post

Well, that magazine was finalized 2 months ago, so there's a chance things have changed since then. Hopefully they will at least stick a game or 2 where they are sticking some MLB HD games now, or turn of the blackouts on the HD RSN's that are carrying the games for center ice subscribers.
post #109 of 279 Old 09-23-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutBomb View Post

Well, that magazine was finalized 2 months ago, so there's a chance things have changed since then. Hopefully they will at least stick a game or 2 where they are sticking some MLB HD games now, or turn of the blackouts on the HD RSN's that are carrying the games for center ice subscribers.

I certainly hope so.
post #110 of 279 Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor7777 View Post

Called Comcast (I live in South Florida) and they told me to call back on the 1st of Oct. to inquire about CI.

damn them.

I signed up with CI on Comcast here over a week ago.

I don't expect the channels to show up in the guide until around October 1st, though.
post #111 of 279 Old 09-24-2007, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

So what happened with the announcement? What are they waiting for...opening night is this Saturday!
post #112 of 279 Old 09-24-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

I signed up with CI on Comcast here over a week ago.

I don't expect the channels to show up in the guide until around October 1st, though.

Perhaps down here it's a different deal..they were quite clear about Oct. 1st.
post #113 of 279 Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 39
The indemand website was just updated with info about CI.
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...e_information/
post #114 of 279 Old 09-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Other than the free preview dates, I don't see any other information.
post #115 of 279 Old 09-25-2007, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddie View Post

Other than the free preview dates, I don't see any other information.

I didn't either.
post #116 of 279 Old 09-26-2007, 09:25 AM

This is Cablevision's current stance on the CI subject:

Cablevision has offered customers access to the NHL Center Ice package for many years, and is pursuing the rights to offer these out-of-market games again during the 2007-2008 season. We will provide updates to our customers as additional information becomes available.

Again, let's wait until the last minute to figure this out, idiots. Eh, at least I have Rangers/Devils/Isles in HD for now. I wouldn't bother signing up for CI unless it had a lot of HD games.

Oh, and the first game of the year (9/29) won't be on in my area (since I don't have CBC or HDNet). So I guess I have to go to London to see it. Way to go, NHL, you're doing a fantastic job marketing your sport.
post #117 of 279 Old 09-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJeffinition View Post

This is Cablevision's current stance on the CI subject:

Cablevision has offered customers access to the NHL Center Ice package for many years, and is pursuing the rights to offer these out-of-market games again during the 2007-2008 season. We will provide updates to our customers as additional information becomes available.

Again, let's wait until the last minute to figure this out, idiots. Eh, at least I have Rangers/Devils/Isles in HD for now. I wouldn't bother signing up for CI unless it had a lot of HD games.

Oh, and the first game of the year (9/29) won't be on in my area (since I don't have CBC or HDNet). So I guess I have to go to London to see it. Way to go, NHL, you're doing a fantastic job marketing your sport.

I'm glad that I just got CV. I guess I should have went with Verizon since they don't have CI either. At least they have HDNet and I don't care to see the local games in HD.
post #118 of 279 Old 09-26-2007, 10:40 AM

Does anyone know if the free preview of Center Ice will offer the game from 9/29? I know it is on HDNET but Comcast doesn't offer that channel?
post #119 of 279 Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcalccal View Post

Does anyone know if the free preview of Center Ice will offer the game from 9/29? I know it is on HDNET but Comcast doesn't offer that channel?

It is showing up as being shown on www.NHL.TV Center Ice (the internet version of CI) so I'm assuming it will be on Regular (TV) CI. The Sunday game is not showing up since it is one Versus. HDNet's games are not exclusive.
post #120 of 279 Old 09-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

any word on HD, NHL Network or both feeds? i called DISH and was just told 'no info yet' on the other questions...

eddieras
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page