Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #3661 of 3668 Old 08-13-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I get 100+ Down but only 5-6 up. Quite sad actually. A more balanced approach would be nice. I mean downloading at speeds pushing 100megs is real nice and a time saver for sure but I could do with something more like 50/50 or 60/40 even.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3662 of 3668 Old 08-13-2014, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I came from DSL and was only getting 256k up so 4 meg would be a great improvement. Right now I am only seeing 1 meg if I'm lucky so I wonder if I need to call them about it? They have already been out to the house 3 times since I had it installed last month and they are coming back out again Monday over issues with a cable card install.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Paradigm PS-1200 Sub
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________Polk bookshelf for Surrounds
post #3663 of 3668 Old 08-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just curious, did Charter add SEC Network in all markets?

I'm here in the upper Midwest so not SEC Country, but they recently added SEC Network HD and SEC Overflow HD. The odd part for me is that I don't get the channels even though I pay for the Sports View, I'd have to add Digital Tier 1 to get them.

I'm not an SEC sports fan, so not that big of a deal, but it seems like a money grab to me to not just put it on the Sports View. Do people in the SEC country get it in their regular cable package?
post #3664 of 3668 Old 08-19-2014, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
In the SEC states, the SEC Network channels are in the Expanded Basic and Charter TV Select packages; elsewhere, the channels are on the Digi Tier 1 and Charter TV Silver packages.
post #3665 of 3668 Old 09-02-2014, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is there anyone here that uses an HTPC with Windows Media Center and a CableCARD tuner or a Tivo in the Lenoir, NC area? If so, how long does it take to tune from one channel to another? Recently, mine has gone from about 3 seconds to 5 or more seconds or not changing at all with tuner-related error messages. I haven't been able to determine yet if I have a hardware problem or if Charter is having a problem with its Tuning Adapter system. My tuners are a Ceton infiniTV6 ETH and an HD HomeRun Dual. The OTA channels from the HD HomeRun Dual tune in in about 1 - 2 seconds. I have a Charter cable box in another room that changes channels in less than 2 seconds. I think I can rule out my HTPC, as I have 2 other PCs that exhibit the same problem. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike Fields
post #3666 of 3668 Old 09-02-2014, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs51762 View Post
Is there anyone here that uses an HTPC with Windows Media Center and a CableCARD tuner or a Tivo in the Lenoir, NC area? If so, how long does it take to tune from one channel to another? Recently, mine has gone from about 3 seconds to 5 or more seconds or not changing at all with tuner-related error messages. I haven't been able to determine yet if I have a hardware problem or if Charter is having a problem with its Tuning Adapter system. My tuners are a Ceton infiniTV6 ETH and an HD HomeRun Dual. The OTA channels from the HD HomeRun Dual tune in in about 1 - 2 seconds. I have a Charter cable box in another room that changes channels in less than 2 seconds. I think I can rule out my HTPC, as I have 2 other PCs that exhibit the same problem. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I'm in a different market, but my Ceton ETH takes about that long too. I think it's Ceton's fault. But you could also be having temperature or power issues. How are your temps? If they're above 60 C, stand the tuner on end to improve air flow or set a laptop fan on it. I've also read that a beefier power supply helps, but I haven't resorted to that myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3667 of 3668 Old 09-05-2014, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I'm in a different market, but my Ceton ETH takes about that long too. I think it's Ceton's fault. But you could also be having temperature or power issues. How are your temps? If they're above 60 C, stand the tuner on end to improve air flow or set a laptop fan on it. I've also read that a beefier power supply helps, but I haven't resorted to that myself.
Temps are running about 56.8 C. Before about a week ago, it was only taking about 3 seconds to tune to a different channel. I guess I'll be troubleshooting hardware, but if I find that it is a Charter problem, I'll report back here. Thanks.

Mike Fields
post #3668 of 3668 Old 09-12-2014, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
I hope it goes up. That's nice, but far from what they've promised. And upload is still only 4. Not good for Plex and Media Browser users.

Damn it Chloe, we're running out of time. Use the not a computer device!
'Jack, I'm the only friend you have left. Get used to the computer already,' Chloe.

Last edited by HotAhr; 09-13-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page