Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #3691 of 3704 Old 01-13-2015, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Darn, just noticed that part of the quote didn't copy. Sorry, I was really tired last night. Here's what precedes the quote above (from the manual):
"Cable TV
Whereas the terrestrial broadcasting is delivered via frequency signals through the air, cable
broadcasting is transmitted via a cable network. In order to view cable TV, one must purchase a cable
receiver and hook it up to the cable network."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3692 of 3704 Old 01-13-2015, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have Basic service and I added the Digital View Plus package two weeks ago. For some reason I can get NFL Network in SD, but the HD version is "Not Authorized" which is followed by the blue "Upgrade Now" screen. I get every other channel in HD in that package if it is available, and Charter.com lists the HD version as part of that package. I even tried adding the Sports View package to see if the HD version would work, but it didn't. On top of that, Big Ten Network and NFL RedZone also worked in SD but not HD!

I've already contacted customer service over the phone and I went to my local office in Boone today but no one seems to know what the deal is. They wanted me to schedule a service appointment, but a technician came out here after I added Digital View Plus and said my signal was good. I tried a different box but that didn't work either. What's funny is my Grandma who also has Basic added Digital View Plus yesterday and even though she has a different lineup, it comes from the same head end in Hickory and NFL Network HD worked at her house.

Last edited by mcy919; 01-13-2015 at 06:25 PM.
post #3693 of 3704 Old 01-14-2015, 01:24 AM
AVS Special Member

I had that happen too, when they first gave us the new channels. Try rebooting. If that doesn't work you'll have to give them a call, because they might need to send a signal.

post #3694 of 3704 Old 01-14-2015, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post
I had that happen too, when they first gave us the new channels. Try rebooting. If that doesn't work you'll have to give them a call, because they might need to send a signal.
I did that two weeks ago and I even swapped out boxes last week, but nothing changed. I'm thinking Charter in Boone just wants people to upgrade their main package to get NFL Network HD because its so popular. They gave me a channel lineup at their office and Digital View Plus and Sports View aren't even listed in it.
post #3695 of 3704 Old 01-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcy919 View Post
I did that two weeks ago and I even swapped out boxes last week, but nothing changed. I'm thinking Charter in Boone just wants people to upgrade their main package to get NFL Network HD because its so popular. They gave me a channel lineup at their office and Digital View Plus and Sports View aren't even listed in it.
Sometimes the only way to reach someone at Charter who can actually help you is to file a FCC complaint. It can't hurt. https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us
post #3696 of 3704 Old 01-15-2015, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Funny, I was told that Digital View and Digital View Plus is no longer available. I was told that after my Digital View package expired and again last month. I can't even get them to give me the price of Basic and Expanded Basic. The last price list I saw came with my June 2013 bill. It's not like they put that information online either. There really isn't a good reason that they can't since signing in would enable them to provide information specific to one's region. I plan to finally cut the cord this year, since I'll be able to stream HBO without Charter.

One more complaint: Charter still doesn't support Fire TV- no HBO Go or Showtime Anytime.

post #3697 of 3704 Old 01-15-2015, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Funny, I was told that Digital View and Digital View Plus is no longer available. I was told that after my Digital View package expired and again last month. I can't even get them to give me the price of Basic and Expanded Basic. It's not like they put that information online either.
Digital View and Digital View Plus can only be added to Basic, Expanded Basic or Digital Home subscriptions.

Here is your Rate Card for Suffolk, VA area: http://connect.charter.com/RateCard/...8530_00001.pdf
-Note there is a Broadcast TV Surcharge of $5 per mo. applied to any package of Basic or higher...

Rate Cards for other areas can be found here: http://connect.charter.com/ratecard

I hope this helps!
sheshechic likes this.

Last edited by wvvolfan; 01-15-2015 at 04:10 PM.
post #3698 of 3704 Old 01-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Charter HDTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
.....Just get him a $30 iView.....

Where can I get that? Is that the iView 3500STB?
post #3699 of 3704 Old 01-15-2015, 09:07 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
One more complaint: Charter still doesn't support Fire TV- no HBO Go or Showtime Anytime.
Argh. I have Charter internet, which is damn fast, but when I try to stream HBO using my Dish Hopper, it just crawls. If I use the HBO Go app on my phone and my Chromecast it works fine. Please FCC, net neutrality is important. You can't let ISP's discriminate of the basis of the source network. This is completely bogus.
sheshechic likes this.
post #3700 of 3704 Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 42
FX Now is now available on Charter

GOOD NEWS!

FX is home to some of the fiercest and fearless series in television, including hits like THE AMERICANS, ARCHER, JUSTIFIED and IT’S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA.

Charter customers have access to the most recently aired episodes from nearly all of FX’s current series.

Episodes can be accessed on your desktop or laptop at fxnetworks.com, or via FXNOW on mobile iOS and Android devices, as well as Xbox One, Xbox 360, Apple TV, and Roku. All you need are your Charter credentials!

NOTE: If you do not have a Charter online account, you will need to create one. If you cannot remember your Charter credentials, you may visit the Charter website to reset your Username and Password.
post #3701 of 3704 Old Today, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently signed up for Charter TV. I used to have Dish. I notice that unlike Dish, Charter does not support Apple TV access to HBO Go or Showtime Anytime. Is that something that is likely to change or will I just have to live with this restriction? Thanks.
post #3702 of 3704 Old Today, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrys11 View Post
I recently signed up for Charter TV. I used to have Dish. I notice that unlike Dish, Charter does not support Apple TV access to HBO Go or Showtime Anytime. Is that something that is likely to change or will I just have to live with this restriction? Thanks.
Haven't seen any new developments on that front or indication it might change anytime soon. There are a couple of workarounds:

- Run HBO Go on iPad or Mac and Airplay to Apple TV
- Get a Roku. $40 Roku 1 works fine for both HBO and Showtime
post #3703 of 3704 Old Today, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrys11 View Post
HBO Go works on every single device but Apple TV with Charter accounts so you always have the ability to use a different device. Unfortunately, knowing if/when Charter will ever change their mind and approve the device is impossible. But I would not hold my breath waiting for it.
post #3704 of 3704 Old Today, 12:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Liked: 518
^^^
Maybe not every device. I don't think it works on Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. Not sure about Chromecast either. Definitely works on Roku.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming