1Likes

post #901 of 3630 Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubreed View Post

When you say WKRN in HD you must mean the News broadcast. WKRN ABC Nashville does broadcast shows in HD (prime time tv, sports, etc.) Its WKRN News 2 that is not broadcasting in HD. If you watch News 2 at 5 you will notice that right after it ABC World News comes on an it is in HD. Charter has nothing to do with WKRN News not being in HD. Thats like asking Charter why I don't get Heroes on NBC anymore.

UM no I mean Charter doesn't have WKRN on the HD tier AT ALL. WSMV yes, WTVF yes, WZTV yes, WNAB, yes. WKRN, no.

Now if that was too complicated for you

WTVF( FOX ) is on basic channel 3, HD channel 717
WSMV( NBC ) is on basic channel 4, HD channel 704
WTVF( CBS ) is on basic channel 5, HD channel 705
WNAB( CW) is on basic channel 12, HD channel 713

WKRN( ABC ) is on basic channel 2, HD - NONE.

get it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 3630 Old 03-30-2011, 11:28 AM

Liked: 12
Baseball season starts tomorrow, and so does MLB Extra Innings. Any chance Charter will finally add GAMEHD (and, dare to dream, GAMEHD 2, as well?). It'd be nice to see some of the package I'm paying $180/season for in HD!
post #903 of 3630 Old 03-30-2011, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post

Baseball season starts tomorrow, and so does MLB Extra Innings. Any chance Charter will finally add GAMEHD (and, dare to dream, GAMEHD 2, as well?). It'd be nice to see some of the package I'm paying $180/season for in HD!

I gave up on that ever happening and this year bought the online MLB.tv subscription to watch on my tv through a Boxee Box. It's much cheaper and I get all games in HD, both home and away feeds.
post #904 of 3630 Old 03-30-2011, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
UmattertoCharter:

Has there been any channel adds in Fort Worth Texas?

becuase when looking on on QAM channel scan over at silicondust.com it shows channels on:

post #905 of 3630 Old 03-30-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post
I agree with thew other guy just go with MLB.TV. If Charter is so stupid as to not provide HD they don't deserve your money. Also it's only $100 instead of $180.
post #906 of 3630 Old 04-01-2011, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Super disappointed. I'm very glad Charter is adding HD channels to their lineup, but wow. For the first time in a couple years I'm seeing quite a bit of blocking from lack of bandwidth. Considering the only reason I stick with Charter is their high quality HD compared to Satellite, this doesn't make me happy. Discovery HD was like Demo quality and I'm watching it now and there is so much noise. Honestly, I didn't think they even added that many channels in my area. Saginaw, MI.

Charter guy, anything going on In my area or is this just how it's going to be now?

Also, any chance Charter will finally jump to MPEG4 to help with this?
post #907 of 3630 Old 04-01-2011, 10:31 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin120 View Post

UmattertoCharter:

Has there been any channel adds in Fort Worth Texas?

becuase when looking on on QAM channel scan over at silicondust.com it shows channels on:

The following additions will take place next week.

04/05/2011 Add Outdoor Channel 0 293 Sports View

04/05/2011 Add The Sportsman Channel 0 294 Sports View

04/05/2011 Add World Fishing Network 0 292 Sports View

04/05/2011 Add CNBC HD 0 741 Exp Basic (HD Only)

04/05/2011 Add Lifetime HD 0 742 Exp Basic (HD Only)

04/05/2011 Add MTV HD 0 740 Exp Basic (HD Only)

04/05/2011 Move CMT 73 91 Exp Basic Exp Basic (Digital Only)

04/05/2011 Move Hallmark Channel 50 82 Exp Basic Exp Basic (Digital Only)

04/05/2011 Move Speed Channel 65 65 Exp Basic Exp Basic (Digital Only)

-George
post #908 of 3630 Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post

Super disappointed. I'm very glad Charter is adding HD channels to their lineup, but wow. For the first time in a couple years I'm seeing quite a bit of blocking from lack of bandwidth. Considering the only reason I stick with Charter is their high quality HD compared to Satellite, this doesn't make me happy. Discovery HD was like Demo quality and I'm watching it now and there is so much noise. Honestly, I didn't think they even added that many channels in my area. Saginaw, MI.

Charter guy, anything going on In my area or is this just how it's going to be now?

Also, any chance Charter will finally jump to MPEG4 to help with this?

Good evening, You definitely shouldn't be seeing any type of noise. Please pm the following and we can contact the headend to verify there are no outbound issues and check your signals:

Name:
Phone Number on Account:
Contact Number:
Best Time To Call:
Email:
Address:

As far as MPEG4, I haven't heard anything on it, but will definitely find out for you.

-George
post #909 of 3630 Old 04-04-2011, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Good evening, You definitely shouldn't be seeing any type of noise. Please pm the following and we can contact the headend to verify there are no outbound issues and check your signals:

Name:
Phone Number on Account:
Contact Number:
Best Time To Call:
Email:
Address:

As far as MPEG4, I haven't heard anything on it, but will definitely find out for you.

-George

I will reset my equipment and verify nothing has changed, and I will try to PM you after work tonight.

It looks just like it did when I first got Charter HD almost 5 years ago. All the signs of low bandwidth. Softer picture, mosquito and block noise. It has greatly improved since and I have been very pleased with the top notch HD picture quality until just last week when I noticed this. I have not been watching a lot of TV lately, but it was not like this a month ago, I'm sure.
post #910 of 3630 Old 04-05-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post

I will reset my equipment and verify nothing has changed, and I will try to PM you after work tonight.

It looks just like it did when I first got Charter HD almost 5 years ago. All the signs of low bandwidth. Softer picture, mosquito and block noise. It has greatly improved since and I have been very pleased with the top notch HD picture quality until just last week when I noticed this. I have not been watching a lot of TV lately, but it was not like this a month ago, I'm sure.

Any new info to report?
post #911 of 3630 Old 04-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Umatter2Charter.

I have a problem with my DVR.

I have series recordings for a few shows on FOX, however not that long ago all of my series will only record on the SD channel unless I physically at that moment record the show on the HD channel.

All of my research has told me that the reason is because the call letters for the SD and HD channels are exactly the same. My SD call letters are FOXUP and the HD call letters are FOXUP.

I almost threw my box accross the room last week when I manually setup a recording 2 minutes before the show started after I noticed it once again reverted to wanting to record the SD channel. Then immediatly after the show started it cancelled the HD version and started to record the SD version.

Zip = 49829

Can you just verify the call letters for me, all the other channels that have HD feeds feature a "D" at the end of the call letters except my FOX channel and all the other channels record the HD version without a problem.

Thanks!!
post #912 of 3630 Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregun View Post
Umatter2Charter.

I have a problem with my DVR.

I have series recordings for a few shows on FOX, however not that long ago all of my series will only record on the SD channel unless I physically at that moment record the show on the HD channel.

All of my research has told me that the reason is because the call letters for the SD and HD channels are exactly the same. My SD call letters are FOXUP and the HD call letters are FOXUP.

I almost threw my box accross the room last week when I manually setup a recording 2 minutes before the show started after I noticed it once again reverted to wanting to record the SD channel. Then immediatly after the show started it cancelled the HD version and started to record the SD version.

Zip = 49829

Can you just verify the call letters for me, all the other channels that have HD feeds feature a "D" at the end of the call letters except my FOX channel and all the other channels record the HD version without a problem.

Thanks!!
Good evening.

We're sorry to see the trouble you are having with your DVR.

We see the following Fox U.P. channels in the line up of the zip code you provided. Channel 11 WLUC-DT2 - FOX U.P. listed on the Basic tier, 706 WLUC-DT1 Fox U.P. as the HD, and WLUC-DT2 - FOX U.P as the SD in digital only areas.

Please advise which channels you are having the issue with and we'll investigate further.

Thank you,
Steve
post #913 of 3630 Old 04-07-2011, 05:37 AM

Umatter2charter.

Channels 11(SD) and 706(HD) share the exact same call letters and I have been told that is what is wreaking havoc on my DVR as it reverts to the lowest/first station with the specified call letters. It would make sense that the system would use call letters instead of channel numbers as to avoid any scheduling problems if a provider decided to move a channel from one number to another. As long as the call letters never changed (and are acurate) the channel could theoretically move any place and as many times as it wants and the DVR would just "find" the call letters.

Thanks for looking into this, it does seem like a very simple fix; just add a D making it FOXUPD but if the system can't take the extra letter change them both to station call letters WLUC and WLUCD.
post #914 of 3630 Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF68 View Post

UM no I mean Charter doesn't have WKRN on the HD tier AT ALL. WSMV yes, WTVF yes, WZTV yes, WNAB, yes. WKRN, no.

Now if that was too complicated for you

WTVF( FOX ) is on basic channel 3, HD channel 717
WSMV( NBC ) is on basic channel 4, HD channel 704
WTVF( CBS ) is on basic channel 5, HD channel 705
WNAB( CW) is on basic channel 12, HD channel 713

WKRN( ABC ) is on basic channel 2, HD - NONE.

get it?

Well I'm in Middle TN and I get WKRN on 702. I "get it". Sorry you don't! Just another sign of how sorry Charter is.
post #915 of 3630 Old 04-07-2011, 06:09 PM

Umatter2Charter,

Anything new coming to Louisiana? No new HD since last June. Would like Speed and news channels in HD.
post #916 of 3630 Old 04-09-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregun View Post

Umatter2charter.

Channels 11(SD) and 706(HD) share the exact same call letters and I have been told that is what is wreaking havoc on my DVR as it reverts to the lowest/first station with the specified call letters. It would make sense that the system would use call letters instead of channel numbers as to avoid any scheduling problems if a provider decided to move a channel from one number to another. As long as the call letters never changed (and are acurate) the channel could theoretically move any place and as many times as it wants and the DVR would just "find" the call letters.

Thanks for looking into this, it does seem like a very simple fix; just add a D making it FOXUPD but if the system can't take the extra letter change them both to station call letters WLUC and WLUCD.

We'll let you know ASAP what we find. We're going to reach out to local tech ops to see if they have further information.

Steve
post #917 of 3630 Old 04-10-2011, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umatter2Charter View Post

Any new info to report?

Yes, sorry. I thought I posted a couple days ago, but my iPod touch randomly shuts off so frequent, it must have died when I tried to post. Anyways, I have been watching quite a bit lately and have not seen this same lower quality that I saw last week. I don't know what the issue was, but it has not happened since and I originally noticed it was happening on multiple channels. Glad to see it is still top notch quality. . Sorry for the false alarm.
post #918 of 3630 Old 04-11-2011, 01:11 PM

No problem. If you ever have issues, just drop us a pm and we'll get right on it.

-George
post #919 of 3630 Old 04-13-2011, 10:52 AM

I recently got the Charter app for my Android phone and the channel listings for my area (Smyrna, GA) still shows CSS-HD on Channel 719. That channel was added last Fall and showed exactly two HD college football games and then the channel went away. What's the deal with CSS-HD? And why does Charter still show it on their app? (And WHEN will we get more HD????)
Thanks.
post #920 of 3630 Old 04-13-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBarclay View Post

I recently got the Charter app for my Android phone and the channel listings for my area (Smyrna, GA) still shows CSS-HD on Channel 719. That channel was added last Fall and showed exactly two HD college football games and then the channel went away. What's the deal with CSS-HD? And why does Charter still show it on their app? (And WHEN will we get more HD????)
Thanks.

Good afternoon.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we appreciate the information.

We've sent a request to our local marketing group to have the channel lineup investigated. We've also asked them for an update on any upcoming HD channel launches that may be planned.

We'll follow up with you on both topics as soon as we receive a reply.

Thank you,
Steve
post #921 of 3630 Old 04-18-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

Hello-

Just wanted to follow up and thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. Corrections to the channel line up have been made and should reflect the correct line up at this time. Can you try once again and verify that channel 719 is no longer displayed?

Thanks,
Steve
post #922 of 3630 Old 04-18-2011, 11:14 AM

Yes. I can confirm that channel 719 no longer exists on the app. Thanks.
post #923 of 3630 Old 04-19-2011, 10:29 AM

While we're at it, more HD channels is at the top of my wish list, but is there any chance we'll get GPB's Knowledge and Kids channels and WXIA's Universal Sports channel added to the Smyrna system?
post #924 of 3630 Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes. I can confirm that channel 719 no longer exists on the app. Thanks.
Excellent. Do you have any other questions we can help you with today?

-Steve
post #925 of 3630 Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
While we're at it, more HD channels is at the top of my wish list, but is there any chance we'll get GPB's Knowledge and Kids channels and WXIA's Universal Sports channel added to the Smyrna system?
We can definitely check those for you. If they aren't in the works we'll be glad to submit your feedback for consideration when adding new HD content. We'll reach out for that information and get back with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Steve
post #926 of 3630 Old 04-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Received this notice today on my DVR - new HD channels in Minnesota as of May 17

Speed
Hallmark
MTV
WFTC Mpls channel 29
KSTC Mpls channel 45
post #927 of 3630 Old 04-20-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Just wanted to follow up and advise we don't have information as to when or if these channels will be added, but have forwarded your feedback for consideration when planning HD additions.

Any other questions for us today?

Thank you,
Steve
http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter
post #928 of 3630 Old 04-20-2011, 03:04 PM

Steve:
Thanks for your help. Let the "powers that be" know that we're running out of patience for new HD in Smyrna!! Still a lot of mainstream channels we don't get.
post #929 of 3630 Old 04-20-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:

Steve:
Thanks for your help. Let the "powers that be" know that we're running out of patience for new HD in Smyrna!! Still a lot of mainstream channels we don't get.

I'm running out patience on an answer as to why Camden/Paris TN area doesn't get WKRN on the HD tier. How many times does one have to ask?
post #930 of 3630 Old 04-23-2011, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

Charter Tags TiVo For DVRs, Next-Gen TV

TiVo PremiereTiVo "will be our primary multiroom/whole-house solution and preferred DVR service for our customers," Charter spokeswoman Anita Lamont said.

Steve et al,

I was pleased to see this announcement earlier this year. Several weeks ago I stopped in at the local Charter office in Petoskey, MI 49770 and asked if they knew anything about a deployment in our area. The CSR told me they had heard of "the new whole-house DVR" with the possible availability "some time this summer". Besides actually stopping at the office, is there anyway I can find out when this does occur?

“A great thunderstorm of sound gushed from the walls. Music bombarded him at such an immense volume that his bones were almost shaken from their tendons; he felt his jaw vibrate, his eyes wobble in his head. He was a victim of concussion.” ― Fahrenheit 451
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page