post #1201 of 1225 Old 09-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

This show was far from perfect, but it made me laugh and kept me entertained because I had realistic expectations. And that's what it's all about. Farewell Burn Notice.

Well said.

Steve
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
My DVDs
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1225 Old 09-12-2013, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I thought the finish was pretty good. Anyone figure out where Mike and Fe are living now? I still think Mike wears a rug.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #1203 of 1225 Old 09-12-2013, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTiVo View Post

Quote:

This show was far from perfect, but it made me laugh and kept me entertained because I had realistic expectations. And that's what it's all about. Farewell Burn Notice.

Well said.

+1 It was, overall, a very entertaining good run. It was flawed, like so many shows that run for as long as this one did, but it was worth the watch, which is not something I can say for all the shows I have seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

I thought the finish was pretty good. Anyone figure out where Mike and Fe are living now? I still think Mike wears a rug.

I think they gave us enough clues to conclude that they are somewhere in Ireland.

In the end, with the threat against Mike's mom and nephew, complete innocents, James showed his true colors. He was NOT a good guy that he almost had Mike believing.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #1204 of 1225 Old 09-13-2013, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Let me make sure I understand this last season and episode.

Michael (last season) kills a no good bad apple spy who is a traitor and kills Nate. So Michael and all his friends and family are extorted for this mission under threat of imprisonment for the rest of their lives. Michael does his spy thing and finds out the leader of this group is "James" even though the CIA seems to know this and doesn't tell him. James' network is tired of all the corruption at the CIA and are doing all the work that Michael and his friends would be doing if they had thought of. James' followers are fanatical because they believe the are doing good -- some of them for the first time and some of these guys were previously lost. Meanwhile, the CIA continues to be corrupt and threaten Michael and his friends with death/imprisonment including his elderly mother. Micheal reveals himself to be a spy and James believes Michael has seen the light so plans to turn himself in supposedly because he is compromised and Sonya and Michael can continue his "good deeds." Fiona wants to risk her life because Michael has lost his way because it is better to be a stooge than to do work you believe in. Sonya believes that Fi has to die because the plan is to turn James in and somehow Fi will just wreck it. Michael sees the light because Fi's life is more important than the mission whether it be the CIA mission or James' mission. So, in other words, Fi is telling Michael that he has to stay true to the CIA even if they are a bunch of lying murderous jerks over doing what Michael knows is right although at the end they pretend to be dead and lie about what they are doing. Because its not the CIA, its each other that's important? Because that's what you believe in? So Michael wakes up and kills Sonya and James comes for him. And Michael knows that when you run out of bullets, you can charge guys with automatic weapons or stand right in front of them because they don't really want to kill you and you do or they will move in slow motion and Michael, as master spy, has lots of experience fighting when the slow motion happens.. And Michael's mother sacrifices herself because even she can't stand how whiny she has been this season and its gotta stop. And she'll hold the bomb because Jesse was too lazy (or sick of her whining) to rig a boobytrap to the front door where the mean old James' boys come in. And of course Michael and Fi live because they can outrun explosives and the window just happens to lead to the water.

So, I don't know. I don't get the message or reason for all this. I know they wanted to put, no force, all the statements from the cast in the beginning montage (which I absolutely hate and wish they had changed years ago), because it reminds you that 3 or 4 seasons ago, you used to like these guys. Maybe in 20 years there could be a sequel because the kid that Michael and Fi have is no doubt going to be a serial killer after all he went through and with the horrible parents he seems to have. Maybe, he'll have a serial killer code. Maybe, he just kills spies.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1205 of 1225 Old 09-13-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 45
How does the CIA account for Charlie, or the lack of him?

Madeline has a fresh grave. Micharel & Fi have graves. I'm guessing the CIA cannot find their bodies because nothing remained after the explosion. The CIA must know about Charlie because Madeline supposedly officially adopted him. Even if Jesse secretly passed Charlie to Michael wouldn't the CIA still want to know his whereabouts? Is it possible that CIA Agent Strong is in on the fact that Michael & Fi are alive?
post #1206 of 1225 Old 09-13-2013, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Well, I did not expect Maddie to go out in a ball of fire, so that was a nice emotional moment. They also avoided going totally Die Hard too, although they still blew up a building and used that to fake their deaths.

The rest of this episode seemed to be all setup for the proposed "Axe and Porter" spin-off show that's being passed around right now. I would probably watch that since the show finally got rid of Maddie, Fiona and James as three characters that really annoyed me this season. I was really hoping Fiona would die to put an end to her simpering cries of "Michael ..." and constant nagging. Plus it was her fault everything went to crap and Maddie got killed too. If she hadn't interrupted the meet, James would have been in prison, everyone would have lived and been cleared and at some point when things had blown over they could have probably tracked down Michael and he could have just handed over the rest of the organization. If he didn't just come to his senses on his own.

The CIA in this episode made no sense. In a few minutes they totally turned on everyone without knowing any of the details and with no attempt to contact Michael or wait for him to phone in.

We had a few audience-pleasing one-liners ("bitchy spies" being one I predicted a few episodes back) and some duct tape, but even by Burn Notice standards the stunts and action looked really cheap and terrible. The slow motion scenes just looked like slow action made slower; with Sam jumping unconvincingly into the camera against CG flames, Fake-Michael jumping and sliding from a Mercedes traveling about 20 mph and Michael and Fiona getting the drop on the henchmen with the worst reaction time in the world. I also loved the hilarious use of a bathtub for protection. In case of explosion place children upright in the tub instead of lying down on top of them for cover. rolleyes.gif

This season started quite strong, but the weak villain and lack of invention sent the rest of the season into a half-hearted slump without a convincing character motive. The energy level seemed depleted and the writers, production and cast seem to be phoning it in a lot of the time. Everyone seemed burned out.

Thanks for the fun and energetic seasons Burn Notice, but I won't miss you now you are gone.

Except Sam and Jesse. I think they might have some life in them yet. smile.gif

post #1207 of 1225 Old 09-13-2013, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 419
I was talking to a buddy the other day about what might happen in the series finale. I said I hope they blow up Maddie. Lol. Little did I know.biggrin.gif

Growing Older But Not Up
post #1208 of 1225 Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I was talking to a buddy the other day about what might happen in the series finale. I said I hope they blow up Maddie. Lol. Little did I know.biggrin.gif

Yeah, your wish from a few pages back was granted! biggrin.gif

post #1209 of 1225 Old 09-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
My finale expectations this month were/are as follows:

Breaking Bad

Dexter

Burn Notice

However, I was more impressed with the finale than I expected. Sure, you've got the usual over the top stuff like every episode, but if you squint really hard, you can (at least within the Burn Notice universe) accept the conclusion as depicted.

Maddie certainly took one for the team. Great shot of her from behind, seated in a chair enjoying her last cigarette.

I can't believe I'm saying this out loud, but if they ever did a TV movie with these same characters sometime down the road, I'd likely watch. Heck, I watched "The Fall of Sam Axe," didn't I?biggrin.gif
post #1210 of 1225 Old 09-13-2013, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Yeah, your wish from a few pages back was granted! biggrin.gif

Lol. I didn't think they'd do it. But they did. They blowed her up. biggrin.gif

Growing Older But Not Up
post #1211 of 1225 Old 09-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post

How does the CIA account for Charlie, or the lack of him?

Madeline has a fresh grave. Micharel & Fi have graves. I'm guessing the CIA cannot find their bodies because nothing remained after the explosion. The CIA must know about Charlie because Madeline supposedly officially adopted him. Even if Jesse secretly passed Charlie to Michael wouldn't the CIA still want to know his whereabouts? Is it possible that CIA Agent Strong is in on the fact that Michael & Fi are alive?

Yes and Yes. Was that not the deal with the CIA and Strong, get the bad guys and go free.
post #1212 of 1225 Old 09-13-2013, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
There were rumors a few months back about a possible sequel series with the characters of Sam & Jesse.
Any word on if that will happen?
post #1213 of 1225 Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 606
I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a "movie of the week" starring Sam & Jesse just to see how receptive the audience would be. They might want to do that before they commission a full series. But I doubt I'd watch; I'm done with the 'Burn Notice' universe and all the characters within.

Nice to see everything tied up, more or less. Maddie's death would have been more meaningful if she had managed to detonate the C-4 with a lit cigarette butt. Charlie should have ended up with Jesse. Imagine the comic possibilities for the spin-off! Sort of a 2 1/2 Men with Guns! And boring, repetitive plotlines. But I digress...

I really wanted Jack Coleman's CIA agent to bite it; hated that guy. Fi should have entered a rehab program for Women With Eating Disorders. Mike should have opened up a beachfront yogurt shop, helping people get out from under the thumbs of various drug dealers and gun runners while bumping up their anti-oxidant levels with some Greek Blueberry. And if there's a spin-off, I want it to star that car. No, not that whiny little baby Hyundai they pimped so hard; Mike's Charger. That show I'd watch!
TeflonSoul likes this.
post #1214 of 1225 Old 09-14-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
5min. in and I see the finale will be painful to watch...

Edit: I'll just thank the lord it's finally over.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #1215 of 1225 Old 09-15-2013, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Michael killed Sonya? I don't believe it. I like her a lot more than Fi. I was hoping Sonya and Mike would be together and run the new organization and doing what he does best.
post #1216 of 1225 Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post

Michael killed Sonya? I don't believe it. I like her a lot more than Fi. I was hoping Sonya and Mike would be together and run the new organization and doing what he does best.

I hated that too. You don't just blow away a goddess like Sonya. You do a soccer bicycle-type kung-fu kick, knocking the gun out of her hands, and leading to an awesomely righteous catfight between she & Fi! Yeah, baby!

The writers of this show always lacked imagination.
post #1217 of 1225 Old 09-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I hated that too. You don't just blow away a goddess like Sonya. You do a soccer bicycle-type kung-fu kick, knocking the gun out of her hands, and leading to an awesomely righteous catfight between she & Fi! Yeah, baby!

The writers of this show always lacked imagination.

Something like this perhaps smile.gif

NorthSeaSurfRadio.org - 100% Instrumental Surf Music. Commercial Free.
post #1218 of 1225 Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

The cat fight needed to take place at a a baby oil factory. A stray bullet punctures a vat, spilling baby oil all over Sonya & Fi as they prepare to go at it.
HairyBee likes this.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #1219 of 1225 Old 09-15-2013, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just saw the last two episodes. I skipped through much of it though. For me these last two episodes are among the worst ever. The ending sucks ass.
post #1220 of 1225 Old 09-16-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

+2...

Peachtree City Golf Cart Rider
post #1221 of 1225 Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
They play reruns late night. Happened to catch the last episode of having Micheal Shanks on as a guest. Miss him.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #1222 of 1225 Old 02-21-2014, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 72
There is 7 seasons of this show? I never realized it was such a long-running program
post #1223 of 1225 Old 02-22-2014, 04:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

There is 7 seasons of this show? I never realized it was such a long-running program

There were really only about 2 seasons worth of episodes. They just kept recycling the plotlines over and over with different characters and new layers to the onion until they got to 7 seasons.
slowbiscuit likes this.
post #1224 of 1225 Old 02-22-2014, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My wife and I saw this show from the beginning and i LOVED it!!!! my wife not to much! this show was amazing I have all the seasons at home
post #1225 of 1225 Old 02-22-2014, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolimit View Post

My wife and I saw this show from the beginning and i LOVED it!!!! my wife not to much! this show was amazing I have all the seasons at home

I have every episode as well. Both my wife and I loved it.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page