post #91 of 2378 Old 09-24-2007, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I was really angry at the end and looking at the previews. I am so tired of the hackneyed, clichéd, over used soap stunt of memory loss. Give me a break. We have to watch Peter stumble around for part or all of the season playing John Doe. Bah!

Also doesn't make logical sense within the confines of the show's reality... Peter had trouble using/controlling his powers when he knew what was happening to him... so how is Amnesia Boy going to control anything?

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"Four months later"... At least, for Hiro, that's completely untrue... Besides the issue of going "back" in time, his encounter with "Kensei" and the swordsmaker's daughter wouldn't have taken that long after the eclipse.

Nathan's burned face... I thought for a moment that it was the illusionist girl, but I don't think so (with that encounter with Mama Petrelli and all).

The actor playing Molly seems to be pretty good at it, I was surprised. She's no Dakota (well, different), but pretty good.

Three new characters. The flying Claire's love interest. The twins one of who seems to be blocking the other's fatal power.

Anyway, I think they might be able to fix them eventually, but I thought there were quite a bit of plot holes for the premiere of one of the most successful show of the last season. Someone at the production should have been more careful keeping tracks of things...

Hong.

i have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- edgar allan poe
post #93 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 12:56 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I could understand them faking records of her past grades... but she would still be behind, which would result in her failing the rest of the year horribly.

Not really, nowadays it's all about the testing - you pass the test, you move on, no child left behind and all that crap..
post #94 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 AM

Liked: 14
@ hongcho, I thought Nathan's burned face was his perception of what "He" did to Peter, allowing him to incinerate?
post #95 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 03:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Not really, nowadays it's all about the testing - you pass the test, you move on, no child left behind and all that crap..

Beats the hell out of graduating to the next grade just because you sat in a chair for nine months.
post #96 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

OK... it was peter's face and not nathan

also, the episode was great but you can tell the writing is lacking.

glad to see it back though...

also, who thought Noah being badass was cool.

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
post #97 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN56706 View Post

also, the episode was great but you can tell the writing is lacking.

Care to explain?

Steam/XBL/PSN: thejokell
post #98 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post

I thought it might've been pretty as well...until Peter showed up in the cargo container in Ireland(?) and chained to the inside of it...

Lots of questions come up in this episode...

Who killed Sulu?
Whose behind the 'mark'?
Who does Molly see in her dreams?
Is the English guy really Kensei or is it (like I think) really Hiro?
And most importantly...

Why is Silar the cockroach that just won't die!!

CPanther - Thanks for the tip

Sulu was killed by the main bad guy for the season. This is the same bad guy that Molly is afraid of.

Molly sees the main bad guy in her dreams. The only person that can see her when she uses her ability. They talked about this guy last season.

They already talked about the mark. The old heroes split into two groups. Looks like one group is getting their payback. As Hiro's father said, looks like they are being punished for all they did, even though he tried to make up for his actions.

post #99 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Don't know about you guys but I am really dissapointed that they decided to go with the fact that multiple people can have the same ability. It really takes a LOT out of the show for me. It was cool to see the mystique of one person having an ability. But to think there could be 20 people flying around, looses something special. And to think there can be 20 or more people that can control time and jump around changing things really looses the uniquness to me. That was a BIG let down for me.

post #100 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Well, kind of an underwhelming premiere, to go along with the underwhelming finale last spring. Was the writing always this....um.....sophmoric? I seem to remember it not being as bad last year; there were some really cringe-inducing lines spouted last night. And did we really need to see the most overused cliché in TV high schools - the stuck-up bitchy cheerleaders picking on the fat girl (who will get their comeuppance from the righteous Claire, of course)...? If Claire had been a boy, we undoubtedly would have had the same scene only with stuck-up jerky football players picking on a scrawny nerd. One would have hoped this show wouldn't need to resort to such tired clichés. If you're going to do it, at least do it with style, a la "Heathers".

And how about the guy who nearly runs over her having the power of flight, a la Nathan? What a coinkydink. Maybe Nathan spread his seed over a wider area than previously thought and they'll end up being half-siblings.

But it was great to see Sark again. A bit too laid back to be a feared warrior (I don't think too many women in feudal Japan slapped 'em a Samurai and lived to walk away), but fun anyway. And one hopes Hiro's dad didn't check out so soon, with Ando just steps away from saving him. What was his power, anyway?
post #101 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokell View Post

Care to explain?

it just appeared to clustered... everything seemed alittle cliched for a second season.... its almost like watching a part 2 for a superhero movie...

plus one of the main writers left so you notice something different.

imo

but i thought the episode was great and look forward to seeing the evil mutants

post #102 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

And one hopes Hiro's dad didn't check out so soon, with Ando just steps away from saving him. What was his power?

20/20 hindsight?
post #103 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member

The scenes in Japan were horrible. It was like ancient Japan as told by the writers of A Knights Tale. I also did not like the high school scenes. Peter's amnesia was dumb and a huge let down.

The rest of the episode was fine for me and I look forward to seeing where it goes.
post #104 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:23 AM

So when did all these "heroes" take the Promicin shot? I must have missed that episode.

What a huge letdown. Good thing Journeyman showed some promise.
post #105 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Wasn't blown away by the premiere:

The Bad:

The Nissan Ads, both in-show (Claire's Car - "I got a Nissan Rogue! Squeal!), and the commercials (the lame "presented without commercial interruption...with 9 minutes to go)

Feudal Japan looks an awful lot like the Western US in some scenes

Don't like Molly...not nearly as good at acting as Micah is.

Parkman sure healed quick from his 3-4 gunshots to the chest, huh?

The aforementioned plot hole with Claire "starting" the 11th grade only 4 months after a November election.

Less gruesome/bloody than S1. Sure, there was a lot of blood shown in the Sulu fall, but the Claire broken leg bit would've been downright NASTY last year. This time, it was just a bad bruise fading away.

The decent:

I'm glad Matt is back, he's a likable character for me.

No Ali Larter...while I like to look at her, her character was a weak point of S1...I know she's back, but at least we didn't see her this episode. She's like the "Michael" (of Lost) of this show with Micah being her "Walt."

The good:

Mr Bennet..er, I mean "Butler"...and his job at the "Copy Kingdom" is pretty hilarious and I loved his takedown of his a-hole boss.
post #106 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

20/20 hindsight?

I know what Sulu would have done. Sulu woulda' crouched down just as the guy was almost on top of him, gotten under him like a defensive back, then stood up and flipped evil-hoodie-guy over the parapet to his righteous doom. Then smiled at Ando and said something like "What took you so long?"
post #107 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq View Post

Mr Bennet..er, I mean "Butler"...and his job at the "Copy Kingdom" is pretty hilarious and I loved his takedown of his a-hole boss.

The boss was another hoary overused cliché, telegraphed with all the subtlety of...well... a Nissan ad. Seems like they lost a little something, creativity perhaps, in the writers' room over the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post

So when did all these "heroes" take the Promicin shot? I must have missed that episode.

I was thinking the same thing. They just keep ripping off 'The 4400', which is kind of like taking credit from your smarter little brother who thought of it first. But the virus thing gives Mohinder something to do this season, I guess.
post #108 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:33 AM

Quote:

The good:

The boss struck me as just another cliché characature in a show full of clichés. I'm with archiguy here, if they introduce another bad guy next week, I give 3-1 odds he'll have a handlebar mustache and he'll enjoy kicking puppies.

The only restraint they showed was not having Claire show the cheerleaders up and having them learn a valuable lesson about acceptance - but they went all the way down that road before putting on the brakes.

[edit] see archi slipped in a post while I was responding - figured he'd feel the same about the boss.
post #109 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

the show was great though....

but if you think of it... how did peter end up with amnesia and locked in a container.... think about it...its interesting to find out...

again, i want to see the evil mutants

post #110 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 06:03 AM

I don't get all of this complaining about the ads. I sure didn't watch any and I only know that Claire said Nissan Rogue because of this thread, I thought it was a Murano and for some reason they couldn't say the proper name. Oh well thank goodness for my HR20.
post #111 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

And seriously, the ads were so few and far between last night it's hard to complain. The first one didn't air until 9:25 EDT, way later than most would've aired. And I think there were only three total commercial breaks...

post #112 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN56706 View Post

the show was great though....

but if you think of it... how did peter end up with amnesia and locked in a container.... think about it...its interesting to find out...

again, i want to see the evil mutants

Honestly, I can't say I really care at the moment. Far as I can tell the main purpose seems to be to introduce that Irish character. I'm just trying to figure out if that was the 'loading dock' set from Lethal Weapon or the one from The Wire.

BTW, anyone tracking the Vegas odds as to whether Mr. Hoodie is going to turn out to be one of the Heroes? Wow, what a fresh twist that would make!

Oh and who is this Sark you guys seem to be mentioning with respect to Kensei? Did I miss something?

Chance favors the prepared mind
post #113 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 06:12 AM

Sark was the actor's character in Alias.
post #114 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The aforementioned plot hole with Claire "starting" the 11th grade only 4 months after a November election.

Where did they say it was the first day of school? They only said it was *Claire's* first day. She just transfered to a new school, they didn't skip ahead 10 months.

post #115 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokell View Post

Where did they say it was the first day of school? They only said it was *Claire's* first day. She just transfered to a new school, they didn't skip ahead 10 months.

I'd have to watch it again to be sure...but it was pretty clear that they implied it was first day in the 11th grade. Unless she just skipped the first half of the school year, there's a problem there.

Arch & Panther - I know what you mean about the boss, but it was still satisfying seeing him get us comeuppance. I guess I enjoyed it so much because Locke never got the chance to do the same to his boss (yet).
post #116 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

P.S. Speaking for myself, I think I was complaining about the ads because...after the first few minutes...I was watching the show "live" for the most part. Any ads are bad after getting used to none.
post #117 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

...of course, THAT'S why he looked so familiar. Thanks! So, he was using Kensei as an Alias.

Ah....I couldn't figure out who he was exactly. I guess Sidney didn't bump him off afterall.

Actress who played Simone is now on K'ville. I hoped she'd be back, but....

Actress who played Parkman's wife went over to Fallen on ABC Family.

Actress who played Nathan's wife went and joined Bauer on 24?

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #118 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

FYI she made reference that all the good classes were signed up for in the Fall, so that leads me to believe it was the spring session of school (not the first school day of the year)..
post #119 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'd have to watch it again to be sure...but it was pretty clear that they implied it was first day in the 11th grade. Unless she just skipped the first half of the school year, there's a problem there.

They only stated/implied that it was Claire's first day at that particular school. Everything else was simply made up in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

She was Jack's sister-in-law even before Heroes started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrad View Post

FYI she made reference that all the good classes were signed up for in the Fall, so that leads me to believe it was the spring session of school (not the first school day of the year)..

Yep.

post #120 of 2378 Old 09-25-2007, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

She did both last season.

-Brian
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page