post #14911 of 14914 Old 08-30-2014, 09:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
They probably don't have room to put in all the info and any useful options because they're using all of it for gadgets, gizmos and any other useless doo-dads. The PQ is great and I haven't actually seen a Dish in a long time to even compare it with, but they seem to be dragging their feet for an extended period of time, the biggest draw they have for me personally is NBA League Pass with nearly every game both home and away and all in HD, I suspect could live without that as long as all the games are available in HD on Dish.

Oh and after all the finagling around to make sure everything got recorded tonight, the dish went out for nearly 10 minutes because of rain again and I ended up watching the first 30 minutes of 'The Intruders' online LOL and recorded the 11:00 pm ET showing of Outlander, geez things were not gonna go my way tonight.
I like the PQ of DTV just fine, better than Comcast from which I switched. My only complaint is the hangups with the remote--on changing channels, or when it ceases to respond to any remote commands for 10 or more secs before it comes back to life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14912 of 14914 Old 08-30-2014, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post
I like the PQ of DTV just fine, better than Comcast from which I switched. My only complaint is the hangups with the remote--on changing channels, or when it ceases to respond to any remote commands for 10 or more secs before it comes back to life.

Sums me up.

14 years with D*, not changing anytime soon (thanks to PQ, channels), but the equipment is buggy as hell

Quit failing to flip the switch
post #14913 of 14914 Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
The PQ is great and I haven't actually seen a Dish in a long time to even compare it with...
It is great. When I came over to D* from E* 15 months ago it was easy for me to see the difference. DirecTV also had ESPNU and my RSN in HD 24/7. Both of those were huge additions that E* wasn't offering at the time. Customer service is never perfect, we can always bitch about that, but my experiences with D* have been nothing but positive. It appears they actually care. I can also understand what they are saying; I can't say the same thing about Dish. I had some very frustrating phone conversations with their customer support. I do wish all companies would do away with those damn touchtone prompts and get back to live individuals. I've seldom been as frustrated as I am when dealing with those prompts. I love the HR44. I'd just like to see a couple of changes made that would benefit everyone and I'd be good to go.
post #14914 of 14914 Old Today, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 24
When is the follow-up HR 54 coming. It needs a 2 Terabyte Hard Drive and maybe a 6th Tuner..
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page